IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , apollo hoax , JFK assassination , moon landing hoax

Old 8th December 2021, 09:10 AM   #121
Manger Douse
Muse

That the MS Estonia sank for any other reasons than poor maintenance and poor crewing in poor weather
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 11:13 AM   #122
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
My favorite on is the car engine that runs on water whose patent and plans were bought, and kept secret by the oil companies. Of course the inventor was silenced.
There's also an old one about a guy who buys a new Ford/Chevy/Chrysler, and when he brings it back for an oil change, they ask how he likes it. He reports he's delighted because he's getting around 100 mpg. The guys in the service department can't believe it, but he's insistent. So a mechanic takes the air cleaner off and says he's never seen a carburetor like that before. I've heard multiple versions of the story after that point, but they all end with Ford/Chevy/Chrysler being contacted, and then demanding the return of the mystery carburetor with free replacement with a stock unit.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 11:24 AM   #123
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
There's also an old one about a guy who buys a new Ford/Chevy/Chrysler, and when he brings it back for an oil change, they ask how he likes it. He reports he's delighted because he's getting around 100 mpg. The guys in the service department can't believe it, but he's insistent. So a mechanic takes the air cleaner off and says he's never seen a carburetor like that before. I've heard multiple versions of the story after that point, but they all end with Ford/Chevy/Chrysler being contacted, and then demanding the return of the mystery carburetor with free replacement with a stock unit.
I swear on a stack of Van Halen albums that I overheard my college algebra teacher, a man who also teaches an engineering class at the Naval Postgraduate School, tell the car-that-runs-on-water story. My jaw hit the floor, and I had to question why I was taking a class with him. In fact I skipped a semester because his was the only class available.

Goes to show that education is not a vaccinations from Conspiracy Theories.
Old 8th December 2021, 11:08 PM   #124
Bubba
Philosopher

It a tough call.

I am torn between:

a) Jesuits created Islam.

b) Darwin was instructed to write that book when his betters saw that improved telescopes would eventually upset their applecarts
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 12:08 AM   #125
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
It a tough call.

I am torn between:

Yeah, but they totally were responsible for sinking the Titanic!

Quote:
b) Darwin was instructed to write that book when his betters saw that improved telescopes would eventually upset their applecarts
Obviously bunk. The telescopes available at that time were not nearly big enough to upset an applecart.
Old 9th December 2021, 12:34 AM   #126
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
It a tough call.

I am torn between:

Well, I am impressed. It seems possible that there might be a CT you haven't completely fallen for.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 07:59 AM   #127
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Well, I am impressed. It seems possible that there might be a CT you haven't completely fallen for.
It's all relative. The title says "LEAST convincing". It's like saying something is "least appetizing" - it doesn't mean you haven't eaten it.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 06:57 PM   #128
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
1) The Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to steal the 2016 election. Not because its so incredibly far fetched but because so many people actually believed it without any evidence. There are still some people today who believe it.
If you mean evidence for collusion / conspiracy the evidence does indeed not support this.

However:

1) It is absolutely clear that Putin did indeed want Trump elected.

2) The Russians did indeed interfere with the American 2016 Presidential election and at the election of Trump celebrated.

3) Trump officials working in his campaign did indeed meet with Russian officials before the election.

4) The investigation met a myriad of stonewalling, out and out lying etc.,. So no surprise if it could not come to a truly definite conclusion.

So I would not be in the least surprised if there was active collusion with the Russians. But the evidence we have does not support active collusion.

But it is certainly the case that the Trump campaign knew what the Russians were doing. My personal suspicion is that they simply let it happen and made no effort to stop it.

Since the 2016 election we have found out what a grifter and liar Trump is along with those around him. We have also found out just how much a Putin fan boy Trump is also. (Trump's response to the massive cyber attack by the Russians before the 2020 election speaks for itself.)

We have found out that Trump, as in the Ukrainian scandal, will do much dubious stuff for political gain. We have found out what a shameless grifter he is. We have also found out about, has with his speech on Jan. 6 2021, just how dubious his plausible deniability gambits are. So I wouldn't put the Russian collusion thing past Trump.

I find it interesting that you include the 2016 Russian collusion conspiracy has one of the least plausible conspiracies of all time, when it is in fact all too plausible that there was active collusion, although has I said I seriously doubt that this is true.

I would put instead has one of the most absurd conspiracy theories ever the nonsense that the 2020 election was stolen, put forward, championed and given legs by Trump much to the serious detriment of the USA, and a powerful indication of Trump's willingness to !%^#* up if he thinks he can benefit.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 04:30 AM   #129
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Very few CTs stand up to much scrutiny, but chemtrails go straight to the box marked 'hahahahahhahaha!!!!'
Old 10th December 2021, 07:05 AM   #130
bknight
Master Poster

I just one in a newer thread "Birds aren't real", that's my candidate.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 08:19 AM   #131
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Obviously bunk. The telescopes available at that time were not nearly big enough to upset an applecart.
I dunno. How big were applecarts back then? Herschel had a 40 ft telescope in the 1780s. And it proved to be much more cumbersome and not much better than his 20 ft one, so who knows what he really used it for?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 08:22 AM   #132
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I very much enjoyed the video of a woman ranting about the rainbow she can see in her garden sprinkler's water spray, exclaiming that water never used to do that and *they* must have put something in her water.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 10:56 AM   #133
ahhell
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
If you mean evidence for collusion / conspiracy the evidence does indeed not support this.

However:

1) It is absolutely clear that Putin did indeed want Trump elected.

2) The Russians did indeed interfere with the American 2016 Presidential election and at the election of Trump celebrated.

3) Trump officials working in his campaign did indeed meet with Russian officials before the election.

4) The investigation met a myriad of stonewalling, out and out lying etc.,. So no surprise if it could not come to a truly definite conclusion.

So I would not be in the least surprised if there was active collusion with the Russians. But the evidence we have does not support active collusion.

But it is certainly the case that the Trump campaign knew what the Russians were doing. My personal suspicion is that they simply let it happen and made no effort to stop it.

Since the 2016 election we have found out what a grifter and liar Trump is along with those around him. We have also found out just how much a Putin fan boy Trump is also. (Trump's response to the massive cyber attack by the Russians before the 2020 election speaks for itself.)

We have found out that Trump, as in the Ukrainian scandal, will do much dubious stuff for political gain. We have found out what a shameless grifter he is. We have also found out about, has with his speech on Jan. 6 2021, just how dubious his plausible deniability gambits are. So I wouldn't put the Russian collusion thing past Trump.

I find it interesting that you include the 2016 Russian collusion conspiracy has one of the least plausible conspiracies of all time, when it is in fact all too plausible that there was active collusion, although has I said I seriously doubt that this is true.

I would put instead has one of the most absurd conspiracy theories ever the nonsense that the 2020 election was stolen, put forward, championed and given legs by Trump much to the serious detriment of the USA, and a powerful indication of Trump's willingness to !%^#* up if he thinks he can benefit
Honestly, I do think the evidence is clear, the extent of the actual collusion was that speech Trump gave, asking the Russians to hack the DNC and Clinton's campaign. On the other hand, the only reason they didn't collude with the Russians was on account of Trump's and his team's incompetence.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2021, 10:55 AM   #134
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Right now, for me, the "It was the Amour, with a bit of lead, on the set of Rust, to murder Alex Baldwin" theory is a top contender.
Old 13th December 2021, 11:01 AM   #135
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BTMO View Post
Reptoid aliens. People who believe in them are just sick nutters.
Yeah, that was going to be my vote too. "The British Royal Family are shape-shifting reptilian aliens," sounds like something made up over a few pints just to see what the stupidest thing could be that people will still believe in.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2021, 11:46 AM   #136
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Right now, for me, the "It was the Amour, with a bit of lead, on the set of Rust, to murder Alex Baldwin" theory is a top contender.
I'm not sure, people have been known to do very strange things for love.
Guybrush Threepwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2021, 08:01 PM   #137
eerok
Quixoticist

Here's one:

Joseph Goebbels faked his death and became Don Knotts. (reddit.com)

The sad fact is that there's an endless supply of stupidity out there.

Last edited by eerok; 17th December 2021 at 08:03 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2021, 10:09 PM   #138
BazBear
Possible Suspect

That link is bad Eeerok, I fixed it for you. Joseph Goebbels faked his death and became Don Knotts. (reddit.com)

ETA - I totally agree with you, it all stinks to high heaven. Maybe Texas AG Ken Paxton will get to the bottom of it! Yeah right, that's about as likely as pigs sprouting wings and flying out of my ass.

Last edited by BazBear; 17th December 2021 at 10:17 PM.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 01:58 AM   #139
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

The RMS Titanic and Olympic switch theory. (Caution for people reading the link: the writer starts out with the switch story, spending 1,200 words on it, then gets into debunking it.)

The RMS Olympic, which was completed first and had done some sailing while the Titanic was still under construction, collided with HMS Hawke in September 1911. That much is true.

The conspiracy theory is that the Olympic was too badly damaged to repair. She was worthless, and an insurance claim would surely be denied because the Olympic was at fault for the accident. Her loss would drive the White Star Line into bankruptcy. So it hatched a bold plan to fool the public into thinking the Olympic was actually still a good ship by making the unfinished Titanic into the Olympic. They would then sink the fatally damaged Olympic at sea, tell the insurance company it was the Titanic that sank due to an accident with an iceberg, and make an insurance claim on that ship instead. The insurance money would cover the losses on the Olympic and save the White Star Line.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 02:34 AM   #140
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Because insurance companies are easily tricked and love handing out millions.
We all know that .
Old 18th December 2021, 09:18 AM   #141
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
That link is bad Eeerok, I fixed it for you.
Thanks. I shouldn't be allowed on the internet after 9pm. Especially when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st December 2021, 08:57 AM   #142
Cat Not Included
Thinker

Its really hard to top the "covid-19 doesn't exist", especially with as huge and immediate and affecting, like, pretty much EVERYONE as it is.
Cat Not Included is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2021, 06:45 PM   #143
mgidm86
Philosopher

Least convincing to me, yet perhaps the most widely believed conspiracy theory in the USA has to be the belief that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

I've seen better evidence for 9/11, JFK, and the fake moonlanding conspiracies. Chemtrails? Well at least we can see that something is coming out of those planes!

The 2020 election conspiracy has zero evidence. No photos (even doctored), no videos, no documents, no footprints...nothing but vague accusations that it somehow happened. And not only do people believe it happened, these knuckleheads are affecting politics and our country in a very real way.

For me that's the stupidest and at the same time most dangerous one of all. These same people are the vast majority of Covid deniers as well. Not sure I'd separate the two, though maybe.

I do think that more people believe the Trump one than Covid being a conspiracy, but that's just in my own experience. I do agree though that the post above makes a valid point, that Covid has killed and will kill many people. I'd say the election conspiracy is even less believeable though.

Last edited by mgidm86; 26th December 2021 at 06:51 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2021, 06:55 PM   #144
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Least convincing to me, yet perhaps the most widely believed conspiracy theory in the USA has to be the belief that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.
Yes, Trump's 2020 election BS is a huge cognitive failure. It's hard to rank stupidity, though there's a good argument that Trump indeed belongs near the top of any such list. QAnon too, though. And covid-19 CTers too.

Last edited by eerok; 26th December 2021 at 06:56 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2021, 07:55 AM   #145
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I'm thoroughly unconvinced that aborted fetuses are an ingredient in Pepsi.
Old 28th December 2021, 08:27 AM   #146
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I'm thoroughly unconvinced that aborted fetuses are an ingredient in Pepsi.
Good find!
That reminds me of another deeply unconvincing one, namely the idea that aspartame is lethally dangerous.
It is astonishing that people can continue to believe this, given that literally millions of cans of soft drinks are consumed worldwide on a daily basis, and yet no-one, no-one, dies of aspartame poisoning.
Bizarre.
Old 28th December 2021, 10:06 AM   #147
ahhell
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Good find!
That reminds me of another deeply unconvincing one, namely the idea that aspartame is lethally dangerous.
It is astonishing that people can continue to believe this, given that literally millions of cans of soft drinks are consumed worldwide on a daily basis, and yet no-one, no-one, dies of aspartame poisoning.
Bizarre.
Ah, but Cancer!. Seriously though, that's why it hangs on. Cancer often has a long lead time to develop and whether you get it or not is all about probability. Sure, its clear that smoking is a leading cause of long cancer but we all know that one guy that smoked his whole life and died at 89. So, sure, can you prove aspartame doesn't cause cancer?
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2021, 11:34 AM   #148
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Ah, but Cancer!. Seriously though, that's why it hangs on. Cancer often has a long lead time to develop and whether you get it or not is all about probability. Sure, its clear that smoking is a leading cause of long cancer but we all know that one guy that smoked his whole life and died at 89. So, sure, can you prove aspartame doesn't cause cancer?
I commend you on your skilful use of conspiracy theory logic and arguments.
Firstly, say it causes cancer. Don't say what kind of cancer, because that would be too specific and too easily checked.
Also, cancer is one of the CT boogeymen, like turning gay or being communist. Ticks another box right there.
Then, be very vague about how long it will take. Ignore the fact that aspartame was invented in 1965, which would be plenty of time for a link to surface.
Bonus point for use of Survivor Fallacy.
Extra bonus point for the demand to prove a negative.
Points for development:
You did sneak in a spelling mistake, but only one. Furthermore, you haven't used nearly enough punctuation, and there's no cap-shouting, no use of conspiratorial pejoratives and you aren't sneering enough.
A rewrite to fix these minor details, and you will be well on your way to waking up the sheeple. Well done!
Old 29th December 2021, 07:15 PM   #149
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I commend you on your skilful use of conspiracy theory logic and arguments.
Firstly, say it causes cancer. Don't say what kind of cancer, because that would be too specific and too easily checked.
Also, cancer is one of the CT boogeymen, like turning gay or being communist. Ticks another box right there.
Then, be very vague about how long it will take. Ignore the fact that aspartame was invented in 1965, which would be plenty of time for a link to surface.
Bonus point for use of Survivor Fallacy.
Extra bonus point for the demand to prove a negative.
Points for development:
You did sneak in a spelling mistake, but only one. Furthermore, you haven't used nearly enough punctuation, and there's no cap-shouting, no use of conspiratorial pejoratives and you aren't sneering enough.
A rewrite to fix these minor details, and you will be well on your way to waking up the sheeple. Well done!

History of aspartame and Donald Rumsfeld
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...the-s_b_805581
[excerpt]

Dr. John Olney, who founded the field of neuroscience called excitotoxicity, attempted to stop the approval of aspartame with Attorney James Turner back in 1996. The FDA's own toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross told Congress that without a shadow of a doubt, aspartame can cause brain tumors and brain cancer and that it violated the Delaney Amendment, which forbids putting anything in food that is known to cause cancer. According to the top doctors and researchers on this issue, aspartame causes headache, memory loss, seizures, vision loss, coma and cancer. It worsens or mimics the symptoms of such diseases and conditions as fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, ADD, diabetes, Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue and depression. Further dangers highlighted is that aspartame liberates free methyl alcohol. The resulting chronic methanol poisoning affects the dopamine system of the brain causing addiction. Methanol, or wood alcohol, constitutes one third of the aspartame molecule and is classified as a severe metabolic poison and narcotic. How's that Diet Coke treating you now?[/excerpt]
--AND--
[excerpt]Ronald Reagan was sworn in as president January 21, 1981. Rumsfeld, while still CEO at Searle, was part of Reagan's transition team. This team hand-picked Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr., to be the new FDA commissioner. Dr. Hayes, a pharmacologist, had no previous experience with food additives before being appointed director of the FDA. On January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan's inauguration, Reagan issued an executive order eliminating the FDA commissioners' authority to take action and Searle re-applied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame in food sweetener. Hayes, Reagan's new FDA commissioner, appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry's decision. It soon became clear that the panel would uphold the ban by a 3-2 decision. So Hayes installed a sixth member on the commission, and the vote became deadlocked. He then personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor.[/excerpt]
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2021, 07:30 AM   #150
ahhell
Illuminator

That reminds me of one from the days of Coast to Coast AM. Fluoride is added to water only because its a cheap way to dispose of a toxic byproduct of atomic bomb production.

I'm not going to link to this site on account of not wanting to drive traffic there but:
Quote:
Fluoride was the key chemical in atomic bomb production, according to the documents. Massive quantities of fluoride – millions of tons – were essential for the manufacture of bomb-grade uranium and plutonium for nuclear weapons throughout the Cold War. One of the most toxic chemicals known, fluoride rapidly emerged as the leading chemical health hazard of the U.S atomic bomb program--both for workers and for nearby communities, the documents reveal.

Other revelations include:

Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists, who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. The first lawsuits against the U.S. A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage, the documents show.

Human studies were required. Bomb program researchers played a leading role in the design and implementation of the most extensive U.S. study of the health effects of fluoridating public drinking water--conducted in Newburgh, New York from 1945 to 1956. Then, in a classified operation code-named "Program F," they secretly gathered and analyzed blood and tissue samples from Newburgh citizens, with the cooperation of State Health Department personnel.
Old 30th December 2021, 08:29 AM   #151
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
History of aspartame and Donald Rumsfeld
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...the-s_b_805581
fonebone, you recently posted about how 'truth-seekers' carefully check every single data point.
Let's see.
The first link in that article is to an organisation called Mission Possible Health International, and references a Dr. Betty Martini.
Has your diligent research uncovered any dishonest tactics used by Dr. Martini to publicise the supposed dangers of aspartame?
The second link is supposedly to evidence that the EPA has classified aspartame as a potentially dangerous chemical.
What has your legendary attention to detail uncovered about this claim?
Old 5th January 2022, 02:02 PM   #152
MinnesotaBrant
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I find the HAARP ones to be particularly laughable.
That already happened I think. Do you still believe so?
Old 5th January 2022, 03:38 PM   #153
ahhell
Illuminator

I once heard an anti vaxer tell Art Bell that the polio vaccine wasn't real, they just started diagnosing polio as chicken pox and measles.
Old 6th January 2022, 08:37 AM   #154
MinnesotaBrant
Philosopher

Art bell

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
I once heard an anti vaxer tell Art Bell that the polio vaccine wasn't real, they just started diagnosing polio as chicken pox and measles.
Didnt care if the story was fake as long as it was a good story
Old 6th January 2022, 09:05 AM   #155
ahhell
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
Didnt care if the story was fake as long as it was a good story
I was a night security guard, listening every night.

Kind of a revelation the time he had a guest on one day that totally contradicted the guest on the previous night. Bell, sounded like he totally believed both.

One of my favs, "Mel's hole" Some guy would call in with tales of his bottomless pit in Montana.

Then there was the time when the guest on some thing or another just sort of offhandedly referred to "Pastuer's debunked germ theory of disease". No comment by Bell at all, it was though everyone knew that germs don't cause disease. Like mentioning that the sky was a real pretty shade of yellow today.

Last edited by ahhell; 6th January 2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 6th January 2022, 02:31 PM   #156
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

What was odd is I do remember Bell completely rejecting the conspiracy that Roosevelt allowed the Pearl Harbor attack to happen. No tolerance for that.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories