IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2022 elections , Charles Booker , Kentucky politics , rand paul , senate elections

Old 26th October 2021, 03:48 PM   #41
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Everyone in Kentucky If I do it right.
It does not appear to me that you know what right looks like.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 03:49 PM   #42
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

CORSI, Trump, and Joe Arapio were the main supporters of Birtherism.
Yeah and Corsi worked for a site that was a news aggregator for freaks. He was getting it from all over the place. That's what news aggregators do.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 03:00 AM   #43
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
An accusatory youtube video? That's the dirty trick you learned from your Republican family, that Democrats don't know about?
More than that, it is just the start, key is to Paul on the defensive from day one.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 06:52 AM   #44
Donal
Illuminator

More than that, it is just the start, key is to Paul on the defensive from day one.
Your plan is to shame him? Really? With a YouTube video?
Old 27th October 2021, 07:15 AM   #45
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
Your plan is to shame him? Really? With a YouTube video?
Yep you know Covid 19 has already spread from Humans to Deer in Kentucky Right? It can spread from humans to deer most likely though water, why can't it spread from deer to Humans from water in China?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 07:22 AM   #46
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Well, thanks to Citizens United, you can certainly run an independent anti-Paul campaign. This could help Booker win.

Or you could campaign yourself. You'd surely win, but then you'd have to assume office and do the work, which may not appeal to you. I will totally understand if you decide Kentucky can get by with Rand Paul for another term, rather than make the sacrifice.

A third option would be to write up your entire campaign strategy, dirty tricks and all, and send it to the Booker campaign. If they use your ideas and win, you can go on YouTube and claim credit. If they lose, you can go on YouTube and explain how they lost because they didn't use your ideas.

Either way, it'd be good publicity for you. And I'm sure if nothing else the Booker campaign would be grateful to learn all the dirty tricks Republicans know and Democrats don't.
Old 27th October 2021, 07:37 AM   #47
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Yep you know Covid 19 has already spread from Humans to Deer in Kentucky Right? It can spread from humans to deer most likely though water, why can't it spread from deer to Humans from water in China?
You seem to have a very tenuous grasp on how humans actually think and feel about issues.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:19 AM   #48
Donal
Illuminator

Life does not work the way Aaron Sorkin writes. The masses won't be swayed by a rousing speech with well-sourced arguments. A stern but loving white man coming in and telling everyone to grow up won't snap people out of their insanity. You can't shame a huckster. You can't get people who have had their fears and prejudices stoked to nuclear levels of heat to shut up and listen to a science lecture.

People are emotional creatures and politicians, especially the current incarnation of the GOP, have known and exploited this for centuries. And a certain segment of the population is emotionally invested not in Ran Paul or Donald Trump or any specific politician, but rather their brand of snake oil. Attack the individual politician and they will take it as a personal attack against them.
Old 27th October 2021, 04:44 PM   #49
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What difference does it make if your video, or a video of you on branded media, isn't in the first five search results? How many Facebook friends do you have? How many people follow you on Twitter? Instagram? TikTok? What's your plan to get your video into the auto play line-up on YouTube?

Being right just isn't good enough. You have to campaign.
Old 27th October 2021, 05:07 PM   #50
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

And you'll probably have to campaign on something stronger than "Rand Paul could be wrong about the origin of COVID-19?"
Old 27th October 2021, 05:20 PM   #51
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Day one was November 4th of last year. Defensive from what? Does he even know you exist? For that matter, does the Kentucky Democratic Party even know you exist?
Old 28th October 2021, 06:13 AM   #52
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

And you'll probably have to campaign on something stronger than "Rand Paul could be wrong about the origin of COVID-19?"
That is only a starting point I plan on targeting evangelicals, in a way they will never expect!
Old 28th October 2021, 06:24 AM   #53
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

That is only a starting point I plan on targeting evangelicals, in a way they will never expect!
So what if they don't expect it? The real issue is whether they'll notice or care.
Old 28th October 2021, 08:19 AM   #54
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

So what if they don't expect it? The real issue is whether they'll notice or care.
I think people would notice a 40ft. Nude Statue of Rand Paul holding up Donald John Trump Nude Trying to insert a UV light in Putin's Rectum.
With the phrase If Putin won't do it why should you.
Old 28th October 2021, 12:43 PM   #55
Donal
Illuminator

And you think that makes you seem like a reasonable alternative to Rand Paul?
Old 28th October 2021, 01:30 PM   #56
carlitos
"más divertido"

Obligatory:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 02:14 PM   #57
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I think the original thread title did a much better job of capturing the spirit of this thread.
Old 28th October 2021, 04:50 PM   #58
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I think people would notice a 40ft. Nude Statue of Rand Paul holding up Donald John Trump Nude Trying to insert a UV light in Putin's Rectum.
Yeah, that totally says to me you have the capacity to govern. You're thinking like a 527 organization, not a candidate.
Old 28th October 2021, 04:53 PM   #59
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If you can't get earned media, have funds for purchased media or have an influencer plan to get into the first five search results, they'll also never see it.
Old 28th October 2021, 05:54 PM   #60
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I feel like we're edging away from Republican dirty tricks and into fuelair territory.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:30 PM   #61
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If you can't get earned media, have funds for purchased media or have an influencer plan to get into the first five search results, they'll also never see it.
Oh I can make sure they see it.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:31 PM   #62
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I feel like we're edging away from Republican dirty tricks and into fuelair territory.
It's all about Kentuckians having to foot the bill for the Aluminum Plant Putin will not pay for.
Old 28th October 2021, 07:20 PM   #63
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

It's all about Kentuckians having to foot the bill for the Aluminum Plant Putin will not pay for.
That much at least, I understand. What's not clear to me is how it will win the hearts and minds of Kentuckians.

ETA: I mean, it's basically just an obscene political cartoon. And it's not even very witty. I doubt it even says anything that Kentuckians haven't already thought of.

Last edited by theprestige; 28th October 2021 at 07:30 PM.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 08:36 PM   #64
carlitos
"más divertido"

You could get MC 900 Ft. Jesus to do the launch event.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2021, 12:37 AM   #65
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

That much at least, I understand. What's not clear to me is how it will win the hearts and minds of Kentuckians.

ETA: I mean, it's basically just an obscene political cartoon. And it's not even very witty. I doubt it even says anything that Kentuckians haven't already thought of.
It is only the start 3 days worth of work for me, wait until I start with Hannity , Tucker, Paul and Alex Jones. As human centipedes.
Old 29th October 2021, 12:45 AM   #66
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I happen to live in Kentucky.
My condolences.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2021, 01:37 AM   #67
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It is only the start 3 days worth of work for me, wait until I start with Hannity , Tucker, Paul and Alex Jones. As human centipedes.
Dude, your state voted for a guy who admitted on audio that he sexually assaulted women. On the off chance a few Kentuckians see your video, do you really think this nonsense will move the needle?

And really? The human centipede? Is being disgusting really the way you want to go here?

Last edited by Craig4; 29th October 2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 29th October 2021, 05:19 AM   #68
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Dude, your state voted for a guy who admitted on audio that he sexually assaulted women. On the off chance a few Kentuckians see your video, do you really think this nonsense will move the needle?

And really? The human centipede? Is being disgusting really the way you want to go here?
Well yes but it is a way to show the hypocritical nature of the Republicans.
Old 29th October 2021, 06:40 AM   #69
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
My condolences.
For CC, or for Kentucky?

Old 29th October 2021, 06:43 AM   #70
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Well yes but it is a way to show the hypocritical nature of the Republicans.
They're obscene political cartoons. As political cartoons, they lack wit. As obscenities... They also lack wit.

Do you really think Kentuckians haven't already noticed that politicians are hypocrites? Given the choice, who do you think Kentuckians would rather vote for? A typical (hypocritical) politician? Or a guy who's idea of serious political discourse is obscene political cartoons?
Old 29th October 2021, 10:03 AM   #71
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

Yes Charles, exactly my point he isn't that well known state wide.
Sure he is. He ran against McGrath for the nomination last election.
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2021, 10:06 AM   #72
carlitos
"más divertido"

They're obscene political cartoons. As political cartoons, they lack wit. As obscenities... They also lack wit.
I have no desire to check, and haven't seen the movie, but wouldn't a "human centipede" version of a politician have that politician's face ... obscured? Like, besides Trump's hair, how would you recognize the other characters in the giant art exhibit?
Old 29th October 2021, 10:28 AM   #73
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I have no desire to check, and haven't seen the movie, but wouldn't a "human centipede" version of a politician have that politician's face ... obscured? Like, besides Trump's hair, how would you recognize the other characters in the giant art exhibit?
Alt-right political cartoonist Ben Garrison labels absolutely everything in his cartoons, just to make sure his readers understand exactly what the hell he's talking about. Labeling his cartoons may be one of the dirty tricks CC has learned from his Republican family.
Old 29th October 2021, 05:20 PM   #74
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Alt-right political cartoonist Ben Garrison labels absolutely everything in his cartoons, just to make sure his readers understand exactly what the hell he's talking about. Labeling his cartoons may be one of the dirty tricks CC has learned from his Republican family.
There is more than one way to make a Human Centipede, I was thinking stitched together side by side with the Qanon phrase where we go one we go All with the devil in the Lead followed by Putin, Trump, Mitch, Tucker, Hannity and finally paul.
Old 29th October 2021, 05:36 PM   #75
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

There is more than one way to make a Human Centipede, I was thinking stitched together side by side with the Qanon phrase where we go one we go All with the devil in the Lead followed by Putin, Trump, Mitch, Tucker, Hannity and finally paul.
This is remarkably incoherent. The whole point of being side by side is that nobody follows anybody.

But let's be clear. I predict you will not campaign. You will not run against Paul. You will not campaign independently on Booker's behalf. You will not offer your services as a campaign strategist to the Booker campaign. Your accusatory YouTube videos and obscene political cartoon sculptures will never see the light of day. Nor any other light. Years from now after Paul wins this election, you might post a thread lamenting how you had the chance to defeat him, but you did not act on it.
Old 30th October 2021, 05:31 AM   #76
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

This is remarkably incoherent. The whole point of being side by side is that nobody follows anybody.

But let's be clear. I predict you will not campaign. You will not run against Paul. You will not campaign independently on Booker's behalf. You will not offer your services as a campaign strategist to the Booker campaign. Your accusatory YouTube videos and obscene political cartoon sculptures will never see the light of day. Nor any other light. Years from now after Paul wins this election, you might post a thread lamenting how you had the chance to defeat him, but you did not act on it.
You know don't you if I do anything in Kentucky against the Republicans I am putting my life and the life of my family at Risk, and I will not have any security, but I am so tired of my right of Free speach being limited by threats and Violence against me!
Old 30th October 2021, 07:02 AM   #77
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Excuses, excuses. Have you notified the FBI that you're receiving terrorist threats?
Old 30th October 2021, 07:10 AM   #78
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Excuses, excuses. Have you notified the FBI that you're receiving terrorist threats?
Yes, but not at the time I received them because I thought Mitch McConnell and other higher GOP might be involved, and one thing history has taught me in Kentucky is the average Citizens can't fight Courpt Politics in this state, that high up, just look at Adam Kinslinger. Unless your a billionaire with Tons of money you can't fight them.
Old 30th October 2021, 07:50 AM   #79
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, but not at the time I received them because I thought Mitch McConnell and other higher GOP might be involved, and one thing history has taught me in Kentucky is the average Citizens can't fight Courpt Politics in this state, that high up, just look at Adam Kinslinger. Unless your a billionaire with Tons of money you can't fight them.
Wait, does that mean Charles Booker is part of the corrupt politics of the state?
Old 30th October 2021, 07:56 AM   #80
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I haven't seen the movie either but one would think the mechanics of the thing would require their faces being obscured.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics