IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 13th September 2022, 04:42 PM   #2201
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Now, now. Don't go making up porkies. That is not what I wrote, is it.
Fair enough. Let me amend my comment.

No one is so bad that they've done most of the worst things we can imagine.

I think that's a fair rebuttal of your statement, "Recent history has shown that assuming the worst is far far more likely to reflect reality."

Assuming the worst of anyone, repeatedly, even Trump, is a dumb thing to do. His history, bad as it is, doesn't warrant leaping from an unusual and perhaps hastily called meeting on a golf course to witness tampering.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 07:37 PM   #2202
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
The initial wild-assed guesses had to do with witness tampering regarding the recent subpoenas. Given that the course managers are unlikely to have been subpoenaed by the DOJ regarding Jan 6, surely this should give one pause.
True. I didn't make that particular speculation though. I could only recognise Trump Junior. Not being a Washington pundit, I had no idea who the other bods were - politicians? Staff? His SS detail?

Quote:
The visit does seem unusual. It may have been a last minute decision, though I don't know that for certain. It was on the middle of the course, though I can't say that's too weird if he's talking to the course manager. Why not wait and see if any nefarious details come out? Yesterday, you thought that he was perhaps fleeing the country. That changed today to meeting with henchmen, which altered somewhat to telling course managers to hide additional boxes of stolen documents (do course managers actually help run the clubhouse?).
Perhaps that should tell you I really had no idea. I do think he will try to flee though. But this meet & greet is not part of that. Also, the optics for this are totally weird, and kinda TV-mafioso-esque. But so is Donny.

Quote:
Eh, have fun if this is what you like to do. But when you count how lucky the wild-assed guesses have been, don't forget all of your initial guesses.
Glad to admit they were wrong when new data arrives. THAT is being skeptical.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 07:43 PM   #2203
eerok
Quixoticist

At least Trump's adoring fans haven't given up on him.

Armed Man In Rainbow Clown Wig Wanted To Restore Trump To 'King' (crooksandliars.com)
Old 13th September 2022, 08:11 PM   #2204
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by eerok View Post

Armed Man In Rainbow Clown Wig Wanted To Restore Trump To 'King' (crooksandliars.com)
He did this in a Dairy Queen? There's got to be a good joke in this but I'm too tired to find it.
Old 13th September 2022, 08:25 PM   #2205
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

I thought Rollen Stewart was still in prison.
Old 13th September 2022, 08:56 PM   #2206
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

He's probably discussing design changes to the course to make it easier for him to cheat.
Or where to bury bodies.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 09:56 PM   #2207
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
True. I didn't make that particular speculation though. I could only recognise Trump Junior. Not being a Washington pundit, I had no idea who the other bods were - politicians? Staff? His SS detail?
You're right, you didn't make that particular speculation.

Quote:
Perhaps that should tell you I really had no idea. I do think he will try to flee though. But this meet & greet is not part of that. Also, the optics for this are totally weird, and kinda TV-mafioso-esque. But so is Donny.
I mean, you really did just say that "most previous 'wild-ass' assumptions about Donny's behaviour have been shown to be largely accurate." Sounds like you shouldn't have to know anything at all to make right guesses at least half the time.

Or else wild-assed assumptions aren't really that reliable.

Quote:
Glad to admit they were wrong when new data arrives. THAT is being skeptical.
Well, that's an important part about being skeptical. I think that another important part is not being confident unless the evidence warrants it. In general, stating with full confidence something without evidence is kinda inconsistent with skepticism, don't you think?
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 11:02 PM   #2208
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Further evidence that keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill is an almost impossible task.

Quote:
In looking at Stawovy's Facebook page, he has a history of outbursts and threats. In the past two years, Stawovy has been asked to leave two different congregations in Westmoreland County leading up to Saturday's arrest, both sent him letters that say he had outbursts and was threatening.

The New Stanton Assembly of God asked him to leave their congregation in August of last year and not come back to their property. Their letter recommended he get some professional help.
Quote:
Then just on Friday, he got a letter from Barren Run United Methodist Church in Smithton. Their letter says he showed up to their church in a clown costume and scared congregants. They too recommended he get some professional help. Stawovy called both of these letters "love letters,"

He also had photos showing his support for the former president, and he even had a post saying, "civil war in 2024?"
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 12:23 AM   #2209
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I mean, you really did just say that "most previous 'wild-ass' assumptions about Donny's behaviour have been shown to be largely accurate." Sounds like you shouldn't have to know anything at all to make right guesses at least half the time.
Donald Trump is the exception that proves the rule. People made wild-ass predictions about what he would do, and lots of "skeptics" said "Nah, he is not that stupid. He would never do that! That would be insane!" But yes he is, and yes he did, and yes it was.

Quote:
Or else wild-assed assumptions aren't really that reliable.
Again, with Donald Trump, you can make wild-ass guesses based in reasonably reliable back-history. For example, everything Donny does is always and only about himself. And he's filled with revenge and rage. He's a malignant narcissist. So any wild-assed guess confined by those parameters has the distinct possibility of being true.

For example, it would be completely off-the-wall to say that a sitting US president would hold talks with the Russian president and known benefactor without any officials present, destroy the translator's notes, and then bald-face lie about it in public not ten minutes afterwards. In any sane world, that would be crazy, right? Right?

Quote:
Well, that's an important part about being skeptical. I think that another important part is not being confident unless the evidence warrants it. In general, stating with full confidence something without evidence is kinda inconsistent with skepticism, don't you think?
As above, there's a measure of confidence about Donald Trump's behaviour that we can use to project what he might do. It can also be used to more accurately predict what he will not do.

For example, it would be a snowball's chance in hell that Donny will confess to his crimes, previous and current, admit in public he needs psychiatric help, and go get it.

That's why I think he could quite easily flee the country. He has zero loyalty to anyone but himself, his benefactors and bank accounts are out of the USA, and he has prior form on abandoning people and situations when they get too difficult for him to cope with. With the walls of justice closing in on him now, he will double down on the rhetoric, while the possibility of him flitting increases.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 09:40 AM   #2210
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

This should come as absolutely no surprise...

The Durham probe into the federal government's investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign's contacts with Russian agents is ending with a whimper.... the grand jury convened by prosecutor John Durham to hear evidence has expired, and sources tell the paper that there are no plans to convene another. Durham and his attorneys are preparing a final report into their inquiry...

Of course Trump and the right wing news media were obsessed with Durham, making predictions that he would somehow exonerate Stubby McBonespurs.

So what do we have after years of investigation and millions of dollars spent? 3 people charged (one guilty plea, one jury acquittal and one upcoming trial.) Compare that to the Mueller probe, which saw more people actually found guilty than Durham even charged.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 10:15 AM   #2211
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
This should come as absolutely no surprise...

The Durham probe into the federal government's investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign's contacts with Russian agents is ending with a whimper.... the grand jury convened by prosecutor John Durham to hear evidence has expired, and sources tell the paper that there are no plans to convene another. Durham and his attorneys are preparing a final report into their inquiry...

Of course Trump and the right wing news media were obsessed with Durham, making predictions that he would somehow exonerate Stubby McBonespurs.

So what do we have after years of investigation and millions of dollars spent? 3 people charged (one guilty plea, one jury acquittal and one upcoming trial.) Compare that to the Mueller probe, which saw more people actually found guilty than Durham even charged.
I remember one of our conservative members had great expectations for the Durham Report. It was going to expose the Dems' hoaxes against Trump. Can't remember who it was, though.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 01:38 PM   #2212
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump is the exception that proves the rule. People made wild-ass predictions about what he would do, and lots of "skeptics" said "Nah, he is not that stupid. He would never do that! That would be insane!" But yes he is, and yes he did, and yes it was.

Again, with Donald Trump, you can make wild-ass guesses based in reasonably reliable back-history. For example, everything Donny does is always and only about himself. And he's filled with revenge and rage. He's a malignant narcissist. So any wild-assed guess confined by those parameters has the distinct possibility of being true.

For example, it would be completely off-the-wall to say that a sitting US president would hold talks with the Russian president and known benefactor without any officials present, destroy the translator's notes, and then bald-face lie about it in public not ten minutes afterwards. In any sane world, that would be crazy, right? Right?

As above, there's a measure of confidence about Donald Trump's behaviour that we can use to project what he might do. It can also be used to more accurately predict what he will not do.

For example, it would be a snowball's chance in hell that Donny will confess to his crimes, previous and current, admit in public he needs psychiatric help, and go get it.

That's why I think he could quite easily flee the country. He has zero loyalty to anyone but himself, his benefactors and bank accounts are out of the USA, and he has prior form on abandoning people and situations when they get too difficult for him to cope with. With the walls of justice closing in on him now, he will double down on the rhetoric, while the possibility of him flitting increases.
Oh, I suppose it's possible he'd flee the country, though in my estimation, that's a low likelihood. But we will perhaps see.

In any case, I guess I've had my say. I am not keen on overconfident speculation when the evidence is just meager -- an unexpected flight to a golf course and a meeting with the managers there. Sometimes, Trump supporters do have a point that those who hate Trump are a little too willing to make unfounded accusations.

Not, mind you, that idle speculation on this forum has any significant impact in any sense. It's just not what I think of as the skeptical approach. Of course, there's not much reason for you to give a damn what I think.
Old 14th September 2022, 02:14 PM   #2213
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
I've been aware all along of the economic issues, the corruption, and the way they're treated by this culture, but it was only within the last month or two that I found out about another example of this principle. The one factor that more people at the attempted "revolution" had in common than any other single factor was fear of white replacement... and most of them turned out to have come from places where whites are in fact getting replaced. Allentown PA was conspicuously overrepresented, and its population's white percentage had crashed from 73 to 30 (from almost the national average to ghetto-level) in just two decades, fast enough for everybody of voting age to have watched it fall off that cliff during their lives. I didn't even know before that any places like that existed.
They're not getting replaced, everybody with an ounce of sense or morality is getting the hell away from them. Trump's followers are the kind of people who give you itchy knuckles after five minutes chatting to them.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 02:28 PM   #2214
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

I just noticed. Is that a cell phone in Donny's hand? Does he know they can be hacked to be listening devices?

Also, who does he think he is here? Tony ******* Soprano?
I don't know if it is, but at least three of his associates have three phone shaped pocket bulges, one (on the left) with a phone sticking out his back pocket.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 02:30 PM   #2215
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Trying to coin a collective noun for that gathering could be fun:
A conference of dunces is too obvious and unoriginal...
This might occupy me through the day.
A conspiracy of lickspittles.
Old 14th September 2022, 04:29 PM   #2216
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcfKB2IX...jpg&name=small

All The (ex-)President's (Hench)Men.
That's quite the foursome.
Second from right, looking the other way, is probably secret service.
No carts or clubs visible.
Old 14th September 2022, 04:39 PM   #2217
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I suppose it's possible he'd flee the country, though in my estimation, that's a low likelihood. But we will perhaps see.
I agree, the probability is low. But definitely not out of the question. While he still has hopes of political gains to cover his ass, he won't go.

Quote:
In any case, I guess I've had my say. I am not keen on overconfident speculation when the evidence is just meager -- an unexpected flight to a golf course and a meeting with the managers there. Sometimes, Trump supporters do have a point that those who hate Trump are a little too willing to make unfounded accusations.
Not being American, I don't so much hate him as go WTAF! at his antics and those who support him.

Quote:
Not, mind you, that idle speculation on this forum has any significant impact in any sense. It's just not what I think of as the skeptical approach. Of course, there's not much reason for you to give a damn what I think.
My thoughts here are UTTERLY idle speculation! Or something like a role playing game where every face of the game dice has "Donny does something illegal, selfish or stupid today, or any combination" on it.
Old 14th September 2022, 06:25 PM   #2218
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
They're not getting replaced, everybody with an ounce of sense or morality is getting the hell away from them. Trump's followers are the kind of people who give you itchy knuckles after five minutes chatting to them.
Indeed, even if what they perceive as their kind or their party or their culture are outnumbered or outbred, they are not being replaced unless someone is chasing them away or killing them off.

There was long ago a now forgotten American release of Jean Luc Godard's film "Band of Outsiders," titled A Gallery of Losers. That has always seemed like a pretty good category name.

bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 06:44 PM   #2219
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Trying to coin a collective noun for that gathering could be fun:
A conference of dunces is too obvious and unoriginal...
This might occupy me through the day.
A colon of lickspittles?

Band of grifters?

A Fraudulence of knaves
A Knavery of fraudsters

A felony of clowns?

Last edited by Ladewig; 14th September 2022 at 06:48 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 10:51 PM   #2220
Lennart Hyland
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I remember one of our conservative members had great expectations for the Durham Report. It was going to expose the Dems' hoaxes against Trump. Can't remember who it was, though.
Ziggurat maybe?

Unfortunately the 911truth movement web site does not allow any opinions contrary to their own, or I would have presented my views. David Scott - CTBUH Chairman
Lennart Hyland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 11:16 PM   #2221
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lennart Hyland View Post
Ziggurat maybe?

For a walk down memory lane...

Durham Investigation Nets Big Win
Old 14th September 2022, 11:43 PM   #2222
Lurch
Master Poster

Just a few alternative descriptors for a troupe of trumpites (and revealing my love of alliteration.)

Bother of boors
Rank of reprobates
Huddle of heels
Consignment of cads
Aggregate of asses
Lobby of louts
Scarper of scrotes
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 04:08 AM   #2223
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
For a walk down memory lane...

Durham Investigation Nets Big Win
And it's been almost a year since they last visited us as well. I don't expect any follow up commentary.
Old 21st September 2022, 08:52 AM   #2224
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

NY AG sues Trump and the kids for fraud.
Quote:
NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing former president Donald Trump, three of his grown children and executives at his company of flagrantly manipulating property valuations to deceive lenders, insurance brokers and tax authorities into giving them better rates on bank loans and insurance policies and to reduce their tax liability.

The suit asks the New York Supreme Court to bar Trump, as well as Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, from serving as executives at any company in New York, and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.

It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James (D) said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...letitia-james/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 08:56 AM   #2225
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

E. Jean Carroll plans to sue Trump under new NY law for raping her.
Quote:
In a new court filing in her defamation case against Trump, Carroll's attorneys said she intends to sue Trump in late November under the New York Adult Survivors Act that allows adult survivors to bring claims that would otherwise be barred by the statute of limitations. Carroll will allege battery and intentional infliction of emotion distress in the suit, her lawyers told the judge.

The law applies to survivors of sexual offenses that occurred when they were over the age of 18, with a one-year window beginning November 24 -- six months after New York Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul signed the bill -- and allowing claims regardless of the statute of limitations. It mirrors the 2019 Child Victims Act that expanded the statute of limitations in child sex abuse cases to give survivors more time to sue their abusers.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/polit...act/index.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 01:44 PM   #2226
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
NY AG sues Trump and the kids for fraud.

All well and good.

I was Keynes who said, albeit in another context, that “In the long run we’re all dead”. With the way historically that Trump has used the system to delay, delay, delay, there’s a good chance he’ll be dead long before there are any consequences to him personally. But good to know his kids may live long enough to feel the pinch.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 04:52 PM   #2227
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

nm - wrong thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 01:22 AM   #2228
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/polit...act/index.html
Good!
Old 22nd September 2022, 05:06 AM   #2229
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

I have no problem with that.

But might it not violate the spirit of “ex post facto” enforcement of laws? The idea you shouldn’t have to fear being charged for violating a law that only came into effect after the act in question? Maybe it’s different if this is a civil case, and I assume they’ve taken that into consideration.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2022, 06:35 AM   #2230
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

But might it not violate the spirit of “ex post facto” enforcement of laws? The idea you shouldn’t have to fear being charged for violating a law that only came into effect after the act in question? Maybe it’s different if this is a civil case, and I assume they’ve taken that into consideration.
I may be wrong on this, but I think the ex post facto question would apply to the offense itself, not to a change in the statute of limitations. You can't be charged for something that was legal when you did it, but that's hardly the case here.

Old 22nd September 2022, 07:45 AM   #2231
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I may be wrong on this, but I think the ex post facto question would apply to the offense itself, not to a change in the statute of limitations. You can't be charged for something that was legal when you did it, but that's hardly the case here.
Thinking about it, you're probably right.
Old 22nd September 2022, 07:48 AM   #2232
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I know darn well that the Trump defense for all the fraud they committed is going to be, "Everybody does it. This is just a witch hunt."
Old 22nd September 2022, 05:30 PM   #2233
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I know darn well that the Trump defense for all the fraud they committed is going to be, "Everybody does it. This is just a witch hunt."
And The Great Orange Anus just "thought about it", so it's both legal and done.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:25 AM   #2234
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

You can't make this stuff up. And no, this isn't an Andy Borowitz satire piece. This is real. An excerpt from the trump-hannity interview that aired on Fox Wednesday night.
Quote:
Hannity: Is there a process – what was your process to declassify?

Trump: There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s – different people say different things, but as I understand there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, it’s declassified. Even by thinking about it, because you’re sending it to Mar-a-Lago or to wherever you’re sending it. And there doesn’t have to be a process. There can be a process, but there doesn’t have to be. You’re the president, you make that decision. So when you send it, it’s declassified. We – I declassified everything.

Now, I declassified things, and we were having a lot of problems with NARA. You know, NARA is a radical left group of people running that thing, and when you send documents over there, I would say there’s a very good chance that a lot of those documents will never be seen again. There’s also a lot of speculation because of what they did, the severity of the FBI coming and raiding Mar-a-Lago. Were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails that were deleted, but they are around someplace? CNN link
The National Archives and Records Administration is a radical left-wing group?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Makes sense to him.jpg (69.9 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:32 AM   #2235
seayakin
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
I found this so laughable, especially speaking as a former archivist.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:00 AM   #2236
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

They aren't dropping to their knees to kiss his feet or other body parts, and do everything he wants, so they're radical leftists by definition.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:12 AM   #2237
ZiprHead
Muse

Quote:
Even by thinking about it, because you’re sending it to Mar-a-Lago or to wherever you’re sending it.
Admission of guilt right there.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:46 AM   #2238
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by The Mad Ketchup Thrower
Were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails that were deleted, but they are around someplace?
If we live in an infinite multiverse, I can't even image a single universe in which this could be true.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:51 AM   #2239
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

In effect the new law lifts the statute of limitations for an existing crime. It doesn't create a new crime. And it is a civil case.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:59 AM   #2240
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

And not only Hilary’s emails, the FBI was also looking for Hunter Biden’s laptop!

It’s so obvious!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics