IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th March 2022, 08:44 PM   #1
Navigator
Philosopher

Randomly Generated Messages

One Six Zero Three Two Two = 322
Expression of Astonishment
Fearlessness neutralizes fear
[SOURCE]

Shuffle ComList [SCL] [SOURCE]
[ComList presently has 3753 Word-String [WS] Line Entries [LE]]

SCL x6 +select last LE on SCL for each shuffle.

Sexual - Integration - Death - Thoughts Are Products Of...First Source: - Far Out!

Open 1st new blank document C&P SCL into new doc.

SCLx1

Open 2nd new blank document C&P SCL into new doc.

Select 1st LE from SCL 1 and C&P here

1: RPDK [Random pg dn key]

Select 1st LE from SCL 2 and C&P here

2: Panentheism

These symbolize Anchor Points - The Subject that the Generated Message [GM] is primarily focused upon.

In this case, [1] = method by which LE is selected.
[2] = The belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it.

SCL #1 LE will be selected as per Random pg dn key with the addition of up or down arrow keys being tapped + prior and post [P&P] LEs
SCL #2 will be used to select P&P LEs re LE selected from SCL #1

Generated Message

16:24
Soon
Suffering
Christian mythology
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...66916#p1066916
Suffering
Belief Helps Cause Separation

Navigator: Quote from the link;
Quote:
This of course raises questions such as how did Tehom come about in the first place, but it's not really surprising to find similarities between the two myths.
Quote:
If we observe the character of Tehom as the subconscious realm of Spirit - at some point Spirit became consciously acquainted with this realm and perhaps even approached it - personified as a terrible monster - and the engagement with its scary mysteriousness is akin to having a 'dark night of the soul'

Geometry
Foundation
The Machinery
Path
Foundation
Have A Look At The Map

Insidious
Enmity
The outward expression of an inward reality.
Where is Truth?
Enmity
Within

Stop. Listen. Observe.
Throwing Down The Gauntlet
Conservation of energy
Aeon
Throwing Down The Gauntlet
Shining light

Navigator: Aeon = an indefinite and very long period of time.

The Roles
Long Story Short
Ultimate Expression
Central To The Vision
Long Story Short
Everything/All

Mothers Milk
Occupy
Searching For The Truth
The Law of Attraction
Occupy
The Twelve Judges Mountain Range

Navigator: The Twelve Judges Mountain Range refers to a fictional place in a role-playing environment where the judgmental are surrounded by on all sides and kept.
a
Morning
Egoless
Deciding On the Best Course of Action
Love and respect
Egoless
Does that beam light into the dark, or surround the light in darkness?

Navigator: Egoless not having an inflated view of one's self-importance. Having no sense of self

Personal Integrity
The Creator
Mutual Dutiful Expression
Happiness
The Creator
The Freedom Of Friendship

What Is Normal
Contemplative
"No thought about fate or of ending up late yet I still like to think where I'm going"
The Cave Maps
Contemplative
Out and about in the open

Faith
Memorandum
I love you
Core
Memorandum
Those Who Can

Disagreeable
Far Out!
RPDK [Random pg dn key]
Understand few reach self awareness
Far Out!
Help

16:42

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2022, 09:54 PM   #2
Axxman300
Philosopher

Egos
Tacos
Legos
Pesos
Oreos

Weasels hijacked a blimp
My cavity check bounced
Socks are optional
The bus is late but it's not pregnant
If the attic is flooded, close the door

Bullfrogs cannot drive stick

*that's all I got*
Old 15th March 2022, 11:49 PM   #3
xjx388

Randomly Generated Messages

Talk about your necros…

Anyway, I have always believed that there is some value in, what I call, Completely Weird and Random Thinking (CWRT).

Sometimes, CWRT is generated completely internally: dreams are primarily what I’m thinking about here.

Sometimes, CWRT is sparked by something external: tarot cards, I Ching, Ouija, “mediums,” “psychics,” horoscopes, “coincidences,” etc.

There is nothing at all paranormal about CWRT. It’s simply a manifestation of the human mind’s propensity to glean pattern and meaning out of just about anything. I believe that humans are pretty self-centered animals and, therefore, everything around us is interpreted by our minds as having some meaning that is important to us.

Internally generated CWRT is pretty straightforward: that stuff all comes directly from our daily experience and the way our “subconscious” processes stuff…a sort of rehash of our daily lives mixed with our past experiences and regurgitated in weird, random ways; therefore, it does have some tiny semblance of meaning to us. Externally generated CWRT is only slightly more complicated. We see/hear/read something and it sparks something in our minds, which is then processed in a way to make it relevant to us.

I truly believe that CWRT can be harnessed -IS harnessed- for positive things. However, it can also be manipulated into something net negative for us and society. The key is to understand that 1)there is nothing supernatural going on and 2)to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited by xjx388; 15th March 2022 at 11:51 PM.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2022, 03:39 AM   #4
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

#864 is clearly my fault: the other day in another bit of the internet I linked to the Deepak Chopra random phrase generator and now the collective unconscious of the 'net has done this to us.

I apologise to all.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2022, 12:57 PM   #5
Navigator
Philosopher

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

I use a system I created based upon my use of the UICDevices in the initial days of making contact with the different personalities I engaged with and what I was able to learn through that.

I use what I call a 'ComList' [CL] which is simply an MS Word document, which currently has around 3700 line entries but this is growing as I add more on a daily basis.

I think of the ComList as a Journal of sorts.

I also use another document which I named Name2Number [N2N] which I use alongside the ComList.

What occurs with the use of this system, is that coherent messages are generated [GM] and in that, a powerful tool for deep introspection is realized for the individual.

The system is developed on the premise that we exist in a universe which is not a mindless accident of happenstance, but an unfolding activity of a mindful thing.
There is no such thing as True Randomness, although it is understandable that we Humans find it easier to see it that way, due to our particular position within it, and our limited ability to see through the veil which conceals it from our conscious knowledge.

Rather than go into any more detail re that, I will now use the system to generate a message - explaining what I am doing as I proceed.

I always start with the date;

I then write the date in words:

One Seven Zero Three Two Two

I then go to an online algorithm which gives me the number value for the date [Source]
One Seven Zero Three Two Two = 335

I then find any word-string values I have on my N2N list. I have two other entries at present;

One Language Intelligent Network = 335
Nothing more sad than wasted beliefs = 335

I then select all the entries in my ComList and copy them and past them into an online algorithm which shuffles lists [SOURCE]

I then choose how many times I will shuffle the [SCL] usually by adding the numbers of the date value, which today is 3+3+5=11
On each shuffle I copy the last line entry and paste it as part of the GM = SCLx11+last LE per shuffle

The Future Creates the Present - The Next Level - https://wizardforums.com/threads/wil....647/post-6823 - I'm okay with that - The Arrival Movie - Training - Hypnagogic - Like being pushed out from a stinky hole, can have one develop a bad self-complex - Indestructible - Your House Work - Eloah

This sets up a theme of sorts...I do not concern myself with trying to interpret the message but rather just go with the flow...

As can be seen I make use of links as these help re subject matter.

From this point, there are a number of 'random as possible' ways in which to GM - and for today I will use one which I find allows for the interflow of communication between myself and what I will simple refer to for now, as "The Mind".

I open a new blank document and copy the SCL and paste it there. This is to safeguard against the possibility of losing the original ComList...

After I do this, I copy the first LE - which in this case is;

Relationship

I refer to this as the "Anchor Point" [AP] - The Subject Matter for today's GM.

Relationship = 146

I then find the value of the word in my N2N list and copy any entries related to that word and the GM process.

Invisible Bridge
Manifestation
Transparent
Realities Merge
Interoperate
Enlightenment
True Colors

For this GM I will SCL x1, and C&P it into another temporary doc, so I am going to be working with two documents

SCL 1 and SCL 2

Once more I select the first LE.

Incantation = 120

Intention
Wholeness
The Truth
Compliment
Planet Earth
Question.
Exploring
Get The Gist
Archetypes
As busy as a bee
Little Self
Self-confidence

Shorthand for all of this, is:

RSP= Use two copies of SCL the first RSP= B&E SLE+P&P +[] the second search SLE of first+P&P +[] per page

RSP= Random Selection Process B&E = first an last line entry per page P&P = Post and Prior line entries to the selected LEs and [] means to select relevant LEs before and after the main ones selected.

It sounds more complicated than it is.

And now I have done all this, I always place the beginning time and then generate the message.

7:06

[Through Device
Be mindful
Re The Heart Virtues - This is mapping created by humans to explain the developing necessity of survival in an environment which is hostile toward biological life-form.
Experience is the best teacher]

It Was Tough Going, But Rewarding All The Same.
Self-confidence
The Imagination
Earth Entity

[Release shame
Strangers truly are the friends we haven’t met - The souls we don’t forget through life’s long lessons
The fire from within
Such reduces the opportunity of conflict re interrelation opinions. ]

{I see that "Self Confidence" has been mentioned in the preliminary stages of this GM - as =120 under "Incantation".}

I then search SCL 2 for both "Self-confidence" and "The Imagination" and again select the P&P+ relevant []

[The Limitations]
Christian mythology
Self-confidence
The Cave to The Portal of The Realm of The Cats
[Row your own boat! I AM Will Navigate!]

[Strangers truly are the friends we haven’t met - The souls we don’t forget through life’s long lessons
Good Here There Evil]
Test The Waters
The Imagination
Eloah
[The Human Brain
Dualism Separates Because Oneness Remains Hidden From Its Selves
Arcadian
Courageous]

I see now that "Eloah" is mentioned which was also mentioned prior to this point.
Quote:
Indestructible - Your House Work - Eloah
I interact as part of the GM, where I feel inclined to comment.

William: Arcadian - a person who lives a simple quiet life. Eloah – mighty. a powerful biblical entity

[Gratitude]
There are many levels of consciousness
Access
The desert of the real
A safe pair of hands
[Anger
Remains]

[Comprehend
Frequency
Simplicity
Life in Heaven- Guiding Us On Earth
It Requires Corrective Action
Alive and kicking]
Belonging
Access
Unknown
[Insights!]

[The Seed of Origin
Independence
Escape]
Quantum
The desert of the real
Nothing comes from nothing - everything which can be seen to have a beginning comes from something.

Hypnagogic
Roller Coaster Ride
You Have That Gleam In Your Eye
Astonishment

[Now]
Precognition
Roller Coaster Ride
Source Intelligence
[Stop. Listen. Observe. Wonder.
https://www.infjs.com/threads/messag.../#post-1385769
]

William: The link is to a post =where the following is recorded;
Quote:
William: I offer a device which can assist the EIC to reach these deeper realizations re each place in this reality experience we all share.
Quote:
Reply: Well...ok, as long as it doesn't just shock you in the balls.
EIC = eternal individuate consciousnesses ...what I think we having the human experience, actually all really are

Whatever you do
Dream Come True
Shucks!
You Have That Gleam In Your Eye
Querulous
Discovering Internal Triggers

William: Querulous - complaining in a rather petulant or whining manner. I certainly know from personal experience that being triggered does bring out this cry-baby reaction...Learning to deactivate said 'triggers' is a bit of a task - but doable.

{I then think to check the Word-String [WS] I just wrote to see what its value is and whether there is anything else on my N2N list which has the same value.}

Learning to deactivate said 'triggers' is a bit of a task - but doable. = 556 {I add this to he N2N list}

There is a 'hit' on my N2N;

Develop a basic, fact-based view first and then ask the question. = 556

{I also add the new WS onto my ComList [CL] }

[Watchful
Ensures You Get To Know It
Each Morning]
Cloudy
There is an art to flying or rather a knack...
Sound
[Criticise With Kindness]

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
There is an art to flying or rather a knack...
We Are All Becoming One
[Holographic Experiential Reality Simulations
Keeping Things In Perspective]

[Super-information medium
Delightful]
The dominant model of Source Intelligence is primal.
Sound
Smoke and Mirrors
[VVilliam carries on with his calculations
Providence
Starve The Distractions Feed The Focus]

[Here Am I Is Where I Ought - Examining My Conscious Thought
Transposing
Preternatural]
The relationship between sound and formation re The Universe's existence.
Unsupported statements are neither useful to science or to good argument.
If we can remove the stigma of our situation by not judging it either 'good' or 'evil' perhaps we can learn to be happy with being human
A countenance more in sorrow than in anger
[Child]

William: Preternatural - beyond what is normal or natural.

Emotion Rides The Prow
Unsupported statements are neither useful to science or to good argument.
Shine Your Light

[Accept]
By/Through
If we can remove the stigma of our situation by not judging it either 'good' or 'evil' perhaps we can learn to be happy with being human
Rolling down the rails of the ridiculous
[Trust issues?
The Things You Do...]

[Information]
Seductive Light
Theory
Imagine that!
[
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...70229#p1070229
Construct
Group Dynamics
Collective Consciousness]

William: The link leads to a forum discussion thread called "Where is, and recognizing the devil"
where I argued that The Serpent in the biblical Garden Story had limbs before it was cursed to become a snake.

[UICDevice
Enqueue]
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...66916#p1066916
Theory
Researching
[The Body Of G_D
“The only impossible journey is the one you never begin”
Assigned
The ongoing objective is to get this knowledge out into the public domain]

William: Enqueue - add (an item of data awaiting processing) to a queue of such items.
The link leads to another forum post;
Quote:
This of course raises questions such as how did Tehom come about in the first place, but it's not really surprising to find similarities between the two myths.
Quote:
William: If we observe the character of Tehom as the subconscious realm of Spirit - at some point Spirit became consciously acquainted with this realm and perhaps even approached it - personified as a terrible monster - and the engagement with its scary mysteriousness is akin to having a 'dark night of the soul'

[Comprehend
Frequency
Simplicity]
[Alive and kicking
Belonging
Access]

[Behind The Veil]
Signs
The Mother
Aye...A name I call myself.
Falling asleep
[You Do It
Universal Belief System]

[Overall
Act With The Situation Rather Than Against It]
"A light breeze arriving and kissing my cheek at the same moment I am thinking “life is beautiful", is a message."
The Mother
Break the glass ceiling
[Nevertheless
Working on that...
Mother Earth
Loving]

God Ideas.
Aye...A name I call myself.
Do It For Oneself
[Concern
There Is More to the Silence Than Meets the Ear
Inclinations
Dance
Phantasma
Let yourself be led]

William: Phantasma - a perception of something that has no physical reality; of the mind;

[There is nothing wrong with 'disorder' other than one interpreting the universe as disorderly.
Virtual
Just Be - All Else Will Follow]
Common Ground
You Love I Know
Unknown
Ubiquitous
[“If you're looking for something more in life, you're likely to find it in something less.”
Shine]

William: Ubiquitous present, appearing, or found everywhere.

Educational
You Love I Know
Your Own Individual Actions
Ouija

Alive and kicking
Belonging
Access
Unknown
Insights!

At this point I feel that the GM can end here, and record the time again.

8:16

Essentially the message has to do with Relationship - in this case my relationship with The Mother.

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer

Last edited by Navigator; 16th March 2022 at 12:59 PM.
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2022, 01:02 PM   #6
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
The key is to understand that 1)there is nothing supernatural going on and 2)to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Exactly.

Old 17th March 2022, 01:06 AM   #7
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

This thread is a textbook example of the human tendency to see signals in the noise, even when there is only noise. That's evolution by natural selection for you, I guess; false positives are not as potentially fatal as false negatives.
Old 17th March 2022, 01:44 AM   #8
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I have programmed several random text generators in my time (for fun). I think Navigator's approach is unnecessarily complex, without yielding any particularly meaningful results.

Hans
Old 17th March 2022, 03:32 AM   #9
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

I thought I was just making a bit of a joke about the Chopra generator...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 11:32 AM   #10
Navigator
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
This thread is a textbook example of the human tendency to see signals in the noise, even when there is only noise. That's evolution by natural selection for you, I guess; false positives are not as potentially fatal as false negatives.

One Eight Zero Three Two Two. = 319
It is a Product of Fragmentation
Christian mythology re Satan

SCLx13+last LE per shuffle
Put That On The List - Remaining Unbiased - Plant the seed - Refuge - Sing! - Love One Another - Enough To Make Me Wonder - Rule your world - Repudiate - All present and correct - Fearful Imaginations - More - I Have My Duty

SCL1 AP = "Secret Root"
Secret Root = 138
The Internet
Playing Chess
Conjunction
Eggs In Nests
Intransigence
Metaphysics
The Mother God
Ouroboros
Divine feminine
Perspective

SCL2 AP = "Preparation"
Preparation = 133
Simulation
Everything
Mysteries
Productive
Aligning With
Future Self
Eternal Loop
Construct
Source Heart
Turbulent
Don’t give up
Breaking bad habits

RSP= Use two copies of SCL the first RSP= B&E SLE+P&P +[] the second search SLE of first+P&P +[] per page

6:24

[Inspection]
A New Perspective
Mother Earth
Realm of Dreams
[Elephant
Collective Soul
Artificial Intelligence
Do A=1
We Are Us]

William: We Are Us = 92
Laughter
Obfuscate
Duality
Opinion
Episteme
Training
Guarantee
Apatheism
Sounds
Confound
Obfuscate make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. bewilder (someone).
Episteme is a philosophical term that refers to a principled system of understanding; scientific knowledge.

The idea of sound being insignificant seems to be a thread running through the tapestry of cloth non-theists wear as part of their overall defense against their being a Mind Behind Creation.
It is understandable - I think - as many theists also have difficulty in accepting that the universe is filled with patterns and that Galaxies are formed through wave actions which can only be understood in the framework of being sound induced.

[Endless Cycle
Mother Earth Harmony ~]
Intelligence with Wisdom
Mother Earth
Discernment
[Be Free
Equanimous]

William: Discernment - the ability to judge well.
Equanimous - calm and composed.

[Tickety Boo
I think it is an interesting subject for questions, and wonder if any answer could be found.
Mind To Mind
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...65049#p1065049
Solemnly
Realm of Dreams
Cheers!
[Advantage]

William: From the link -
Quote:
We succeed as a permanent specie or we fail as a temporary one, while involved within said "The Universe" depending on how we [each] actually reflect the Universes intentions through our [individual] behavior.

The Universe can only have intention if the Universe also has a Mind.

So we [each] make up our own Mind re that and proceed accordingly.

[First Things First]
Free Will
Humans are programmed to become integrated with technology
Nonetheless
Determination
[Self-talk
Free-spirit]

Smart
Humans are programmed to become integrated with technology
Inclinations
[Your Best Self
Do Something About It
Personal growth]

William: Inclinations - a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition.

Many varied opinions
Nonetheless
Welcoming
[Innermost
Destination]

[What's The Problem?
Soul Carrier Memories]
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...072F7A7772C5E5
Individuals
Reach
Nothing More - Nothing Less
[The Neutral Zone]

William: The link is to Cambridge University and a paper titled
"Intelligence as a planetary scale process"

[Self-realization
The Human Interface
You are not what you think]
Is Like...
Individuals
Mutual Dutiful Expression
[What is a poor boy to do, faced with such factuality?
"Boyhood fascination with the bullet and the gun All those John Wayne movies said the good guys always won Comic book commandoes glorifying war Violence was the answer but it isn’t anymore"
Energies Renewed]

William: Arm up - Fight battle
It is how humans get things done.

[Benefit of the Doubt]
Our Shaman Elders ~
Reach
Form
[Finding the light
Awakening Love
Inordinately]

William: Inordinately - to an unusually or disproportionately large degree; excessively.

[“Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.”
A Life Sentence Ending in a Death Sentence
Falls
Unnecessary Tangent]
Collective
The Sensation Is Thrilling...And Freeing
Who Knows Who?
[The Universal Constants
Strength of Body
Gods Gift
Only
Inflame Emotions]

Unwilling Reaction
The Sensation Is Thrilling...And Freeing
Extravaganza
[The non-Judgmental Algorithm
VVilliam
Shift Focus
I Think
Life is a journey
Opinions formed on very narrow fields of observation
Religion
Self-validation
Because the imagery is based in the genuine, in that The Ghost is acknowledged - dressing The Ghost through the use of imagery is an attempt to make The Ghost be seen.
Be Aware
Authenticity]

William: Authentic - of undisputed origin and not a copy; genuine.

[What the seed holds]
The ongoing objective is to get this knowledge out into the public domain
Who Knows Who?
All on The Same Page
[The Blank-Slate Borderlines
We succeed as a permanent specie or we fail as a temporary one
The Divine
Ordinary
"We can chart another trail - Raise the anchor fill the sails Lift our glasses in a toast - We are the Ghost - In the Machine"
From the perspective of an evolving God-Mind, what was once acceptable behavior becomes unacceptable, signifying change.]

William: "The divine, ordinary" - or as said another way;
"The key is to understand that 1) there is nothing supernatural going on and 2) to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff."

The divine, ordinary = 200
God is The Universe.
The Generated Messages
Your Shell Today…
Difficult emotions
Spiritual practice
Emotional wounds
The divine, ordinary

7:10

Old 17th March 2022, 11:39 AM   #11
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
I think Navigator's approach is unnecessarily complex, without yielding any particularly meaningful results.
As an opinion, [your generated message] this is to say that you - as an individual - find nothing of any particular value within this process of GM.
This likely has something to do with what your own requirements are, subjectively speaking. As a critique, it therefore fails.

Old 17th March 2022, 11:47 AM   #12
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
I'm actually wondering if this another instance of 'my mental health symptoms are proof of the supernatural.'
Your generated message is fraught with misrepresentation. As such, it is forgivable in that light, with the additional advice that one learns to correctly identify 'mental health symptoms' and also, that one correctly reads the words of the one being critiqued, ...for it is plain that I agree that nothing 'supernatural' is involved in this GM process.

Last edited by Navigator; 17th March 2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 17th March 2022, 11:52 AM   #13
Navigator
Philosopher

Wink

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
I thought I was just making a bit of a joke about the Chopra generator...

fyi

Carrot Flower King = 195

as do;

The Eternal Truth
The Gaia Hypothesis
The tribe has spoken
More data more evidence
The Clear Eye Of Soul
Connecting the dots
Love is the answer

Old 17th March 2022, 01:15 PM   #14
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

One Eight Zero Three Two Two. = 319
It is a Product of Fragmentation
Christian mythology re Satan

*snipp*
Standard procedure:

1) Generate enough noise for anything to be found in it.

2) Find whatever you like in the noise.

Hans
Old 17th March 2022, 01:17 PM   #15
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

As an opinion, [your generated message] this is to say that you - as an individual - find nothing of any particular value within this process of GM.
This likely has something to do with what your own requirements are, subjectively speaking. As a critique, it therefore fails.
You don't accept criticism. Fine. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Hans
Old 17th March 2022, 01:36 PM   #16
Navigator
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Standard procedure:

1) Generate enough noise for anything to be found in it.

2) Find whatever you like in the noise.

Hans
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
You don't accept criticism. Fine. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Hans
Dear Hans - I certainly thrive on good, well thought out, critique.

Unfortunately - that is not the case with your GMs - they do not appear to be something one should expect to sound out from within the Great Halls of Skepticism, as they appear to be knee-jerk reactions rather than thoughtful considerations.

"I don't give a damn" itself, gives you away. It is not an expression of skepticism.

Incidentally, the expression "I don't give a damn" = 138 - a number which came up in my last GM.

Also incidentally, the GM speaks about sounds which 'confound' which is really what you are saying in your own GM response...
2) Find whatever you like in the noise."

...which - in your case - you have found therein something which you are indifferent toward and thus "don't give a damn."

eta
Originally Posted by GM
Do A=1
We Are Us]

Quote:
William: We Are Us = 92
Laughter
Obfuscate
Duality
Opinion
Episteme
Training
Guarantee
Apatheism
Sounds
Confound
Obfuscate make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. bewilder (someone).
Episteme is a philosophical term that refers to a principled system of understanding; scientific knowledge.

Last edited by Navigator; 17th March 2022 at 02:00 PM.
Old 17th March 2022, 04:40 PM   #17
junkshop
Graduate Poster

One Eight Zero Three Two Two. = 319...
Navigator,

I think I may have found where you're going wrong: you're formatting the date incorrectly. The website you're using offers to 'Calculate a word's value', so your input should be;
[the sum of the values of the words that describe the date],
or
[the sum of the values of The Eighteenth of March, Two Thousand and Twenty-Two] = [33+101+21+43+58+102+19+107+58] = 542.

Now, obviously, this input will vary depending on the cultural and/or linguistic framework the inputter exists in (but I am confident that your theory acknowledges and allows for this), for instance in referring to the very same day, some might say;
"March Eighteenth, Twenty Twenty-Two" (=416),
or
"Fifteen Shaʻban Fourteen Forty-Three" (=354)
or
"Eighteen Oh-Three Twenty-Two" (=317)
As a result the output will, again obviously, vary.

In conclusion, then: this is all bollocks.

Last edited by junkshop; 17th March 2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Tidying uo
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 06:27 PM   #18
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
In conclusion, then: this is all bollocks.
You were doing so well up to that point JS.

The way the date is formatted is of little concern, as long as it is the date of the day...it has little significance beyond that. Indeed, since It is not this date for half the world until tomorrow - it is simply a reference point.

For what it is worth, thanks anyway.

fyi "One" is a word...

Last edited by Navigator; 17th March 2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 17th March 2022, 06:44 PM   #19
JimOfAllTrades
Muse

fyi

Carrot Flower King = 195

as do;

The Eternal Truth
The Gaia Hypothesis
The tribe has spoken
More data more evidence
The Clear Eye Of Soul
Connecting the dots
Love is the answer
So do:
Enter terminator
Bad health everywhere
There are no souls
Gaia sucks, and it's a scam
Souls are not real
Stupidity now!

This doesn't mean anything related to Carrot Flower King, it just means dumb coincidences aren't meaningful.
JimOfAllTrades is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 07:05 PM   #20
junkshop
Graduate Poster

You were doing so well up to that point JS.
Shucks, awful kind of you to say so, N.

The way the date is formatted is of little concern, as long as it is the date of the day...it has little significance beyond that. Indeed, since It is not this date for half the world until tomorrow - it is simply a reference point.
If you're going to rely on a number derived from the words that describe the numerical desciption of a reference point, then I'd have thought that the formatting of that numerical description was pretty significant, and would need to be justified in some way.

For what it is worth, thanks anyway.

No thanks necessary, it was no trouble.

fyi "One" is a word...
Yes, it is.
However the number 'One' is not a part of the date you are referencing. The numeral '1' (in this example) represents the number 'Ten', and in combination with the numeral '8' represents the number 'Eighteen'.

ETA: Is there a reason that centuries and millenia are ignored in your dating system?

Last edited by junkshop; 17th March 2022 at 07:10 PM.
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 08:20 PM   #21
Navigator
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JimOfAllTrades View Post
So do:
Enter terminator
Bad health everywhere
There are no souls
Gaia sucks, and it's a scam
Souls are not real
Stupidity now!

This doesn't mean anything related to Carrot Flower King, it just means dumb coincidences aren't meaningful.
Thanks for those. I will add them to my N2N list.

I was - trying to be encouraging - but as can be seen, you wish to be associated with the negative stuff - so be it. My bad.

Old 17th March 2022, 08:25 PM   #22
Navigator
Philosopher

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
ETA: Is there a reason that centuries and millenia are ignored in your dating system?
If I thought doing so would make a difference, I would do so. It appears that you understand what is meant by the way I am choosing to date-format, so if you can understand, why - I am positive most anyone can.

Old 17th March 2022, 10:18 PM   #23
JimOfAllTrades
Muse

Thanks for those. I will add them to my N2N list.

I was - trying to be encouraging - but as can be seen, you wish to be associated with the negative stuff - so be it. My bad.
Positive associations in my life are people, things, places, emotions, i.e. real things.

The only one here who wishes to be associated with word lists and made up numerology is you. They are neither positive nor negative associations in my life, just foolishness.
JimOfAllTrades is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 11:32 PM   #24
Navigator
Philosopher

Positive associations in my life are people, things, places, emotions, i.e. real things.

The only one here who wishes to be associated with word lists and made up numerology is you. They are neither positive nor negative associations in my life, just foolishness.
I don't understand the logic, or why you felt the need to bring a negative into this discussion with your generated message.

Old 17th March 2022, 11:47 PM   #25
xjx388

This system seems needlessly complicated to me. Literally anything could serve as a random message generator. Like type in the first word that comes to your mind in Google, then mine the results.

Early in my management career, I didn’t have the budget to buy a time clock so I programmed one in Access. When an employee clocked in, they would get a “fortune.” I had like 1000+ short little phrases that I randomly made up. Stuff like “The forest is thick and the mountain is high; but neither compares to the depth of the ocean,” or, “Lemons are sour; oranges are sweet. Yet they are both citrus fruits.” Just random goofy crap. Yes, I spent way too much time on this. But I was surprised by how many times people came up to me to tell me how they related the phrase they got to something that happened to them.

Our brains can find meaning in anything.
Old 18th March 2022, 12:09 AM   #26
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I don't understand the logic
I don't understand the logic behind posting this gibberish. The fact that random nonsense can be subjectively validated to find meaning is well known and well understood, and certainly not news to members of a sceptics forum. What exactly are you trying to do here?
Old 18th March 2022, 12:51 AM   #27
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

What occurs with the use of this system, is that coherent messages are generated [GM] and in that, a powerful tool for deep introspection is realized for the individual.
OK, let's put a pin in that for right now. Anyone else got anything?
Old 18th March 2022, 02:09 AM   #28
Navigator
Philosopher

What the System shows is that true randomness does not exist. The Universe is not the product of mindless happenstance, because if it was, then this should not be able to work as it does, and produce coherent messages.

It also shows that sound is also mathematically coherent, and that human language is not something which just happened by accident, but is encoded into the nature of the human form.

It is good to be skeptical, but it is also good to accept evidence and do the science. What I am able to do, can be replicated by anyone, for very little cost.
Do the science, and bring your results to the table.

There is Mind involved with the ongoing the formation of the Universe, and we can commune with it if we want to.

Just as we can ignore it if we want to.

Old 18th March 2022, 02:59 AM   #29
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

It is good to be skeptical, but it is also good to accept evidence and do the science. What I am able to do, can be replicated by anyone, for very little cost.
Do the science, and bring your results to the table.
There is no science in what you are doing.

The scientific method is:

1. Make observations
2. Form an hypothesis
3. Design an experiment to test your hypothesis, i.e. provide objective evidence as to whether it is true or false, with success/failure criteria clearly defined
4. Execute the test

You've done 1, and maybe 2 (though it's still not completely clear to me what your hypothesis is). You certainly haven't done 3, your "experiments" are about as subjective as it's possible to be. In fact, their very subjectivity is precisely what the scientific method was invented to eliminate.

Offhand I can't think of a test protocol which would objectively demonstrate that your results are meaningful. I might give it some thought, if you indicated there was any chance you might be willing to do a proper test.
Old 18th March 2022, 03:30 AM   #30
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

To give you an idea of what's required for a scientific test, Navigator, let's consider another example of people finding meaning which, it turns out, was not actually there.

I have known people - perfectly intelligent, rational people - who were utterly convinced that astrology worked because the people they knew were far more like their astrological sign, and their detailed horoscopes were far more accurate, than would be expected by chance.

But these are easily testable claims, and they don't stand up. Collect data and analyse it statistically, and it turns out people are exactly as much like their astrological signs as would be expected by chance. Get dozens of detailed horoscopes drawn up and give each subject three - their own, and two others chosen at random - and ask them to pick out the one that most resonates with them and they pick out the one that's actually theirs just one time in three, exactly as expected by chance.

This is why we can be pretty sure that astrology does not work, and the perception that it does is a false perception. It's an artifact of our well known and well understood cognitive biases.

So before you can conclude that the meaning you think you see in your randomly generated words is really there, you need to design a test to eliminate the possibility that you are inadvertently fooling yourself in the same way believers in astrology (and tarot card reading, and psychic mediums) do. You need to design some kind of blinded test, like the horoscopes one, to get objective data.
Old 18th March 2022, 09:19 AM   #31
Navigator
Philosopher

There is no science in what you are doing.
Search - "science" the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Sound, words, language, subjective experience - are all "of the physical and natural world"

Quote:
The scientific method is:

1. Make observations
2. Form an hypothesis
3. Design an experiment to test your hypothesis, i.e. provide objective evidence as to whether it is true or false, with success/failure criteria clearly defined
4. Execute the test

You've done 1, and maybe 2 (though it's still not completely clear to me what your hypothesis is).
That true randomness does not exist. The Universe is not the product of mindless happenstance, but rather, it is a mindful, purposeful thing.

Quote:
You certainly haven't done 3, your "experiments" are about as subjective as it's possible to be. In fact, their very subjectivity is precisely what the scientific method was invented to eliminate.
What I can do, and have done, is use a variety of as-random-as-possible tests to see if any of these methods show me that sometimes coherent messages are not produced. In every case, coherent messages are still produced.
Since the subject matter is "The Mind" it is impossible [and impractical] to eliminate the subjective.

Quote:
Offhand I can't think of a test protocol which would objectively demonstrate that your results are meaningful. I might give it some thought, if you indicated there was any chance you might be willing to do a proper test.
The only one I can think of is to find others who are willing to replicate what I am doing, to see if they too get the same result.
As I stated in an earlier post, my current ComList [which I add to daily] so far consists of over 3700 line entries. Many of those entries included internet links, and sentences and paragraphs [word-strings] rather than just single words.
Finding folk who can be bothered doing the science [replicating what I am doing] is not easy, but until they do so, any unsupported statements against this system, have to be regarded by me as simply opinion rather than fact.

To give you an idea of what's required for a scientific test, Navigator, let's consider another example of people finding meaning which, it turns out, was not actually there.

I have known people - perfectly intelligent, rational people - who were utterly convinced that astrology worked because the people they knew were far more like their astrological sign, and their detailed horoscopes were far more accurate, than would be expected by chance.

But these are easily testable claims, and they don't stand up. Collect data and analyse it statistically, and it turns out people are exactly as much like their astrological signs as would be expected by chance.
What scientific evidence is there to support the idea that chance exists as a fundamental aspect of the Universe?

Quote:
Get dozens of detailed horoscopes drawn up and give each subject three - their own, and two others chosen at random - and ask them to pick out the one that most resonates with them and they pick out the one that's actually theirs just one time in three, exactly as expected by chance.
What evidence is there to support this expectation? Why was one time in three the expectation? What are the "chances" and how are they developed into expectation?

Quote:
This is why we can be pretty sure that astrology does not work, and the perception that it does is a false perception. It's an artifact of our well known and well understood cognitive biases.
Cognitive bias is also on my ComList and N2N list.
Cognitive bias = 135
Simplicity
Speculation
The Life Essence
The Cosmic Mind
Translucence

Quote:
So before you can conclude that the meaning you think you see in your randomly generated words is really there, you need to design a test to eliminate the possibility that you are inadvertently fooling yourself in the same way believers in astrology (and tarot card reading, and psychic mediums) do. You need to design some kind of blinded test, like the horoscopes one, to get objective data.
I also have the word "Tarot" and the word "Rune" on my ComList.
When either are selected, I have lists of the various card and symbol names, which are duplicated in documents of over 150 pages of line entries and shuffled before I then -as randomly as possible - select a line entry and then use the internet to find its meaning.

The whole process builds up data which is useful and engaging. Generally I leave the results to speak for themselves, rather than offer any interpretation as to what the GMs are saying - and my interactions are more for the purpose of narrating my thoughts in the moment as the message is being generated.

Sincerely, I can only offer the results as they are produced, and the messages - regardless of any knee-jerk statements to the contrary - are coherent as in - anyone of average intelligence can follow the gist of the GMs as well as the links selected enough to understand that it is more than simply gibberish which is being produced.

I think what folk mean when they critique in such a manner, is that there are some things which are selected from my ComList, included in the GMs to which they have no idea what they mean. It would work in the same way for anyone. My ComList - after all - is a type of journaling, because the usefulness of GMs is specific to introspection and The Mind - trying to understand exactly what The Mind is in relation to the Universe - specifically to one's actual existence and position within it - and allowing the subjective its place in the overall reality, rather than treat it as insignificant or secondary in importance.

It is not all about 'me' re the ComList - but neither do I exclude that which I experience as real, from my ComList.
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Old 18th March 2022, 09:57 AM   #32
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Search - "science" the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Sound, words, language, subjective experience - are all "of the physical and natural world"
Indeed, and all can be used to form an hypothesis. But in order to find out whether that hypothesis is correct, objective evidence is required.

Quote:
That true randomness does not exist. The Universe is not the product of mindless happenstance, but rather, it is a mindful, purposeful thing.
OK. How do you propose to test that hypothesis, in a way that carefully and methodically eliminates the ways in which our cognitive biases can fool us?

Quote:
Since the subject matter is "The Mind" it is impossible [and impractical] to eliminate the subjective.
Then your hypothesis cannot be tested.

Quote:
The only one I can think of is to find others who are willing to replicate what I am doing, to see if they too get the same result.
Over 90% of people, given any personalised reading whatsoever but believing it to be their personalised reading, will rate it as an accurate or very accurate description of themselves. This experiment was first done by a guy called Forer back in the 1940s; he gave his students exactly the same made up reading, told them each it was their personalised reading (based on a personality test), and asked them to rate it for accuracy out of 5. He go an average score of 4.3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

So in order to determine if there's anything more going on than that, you need to eliminate that effect. This is usually done by blind testing.

Quote:
Finding folk who can be bothered doing the science [replicating what I am doing] is not easy, but until they do so, any unsupported statements against this system, have to be regarded by me as simply opinion rather than fact.
You are not doing science. Until you do, any unsupported statements you make about your "system" can be dismissed out of hand.

Quote:
What scientific evidence is there to support the idea that chance exists as a fundamental aspect of the Universe?
It's the null hypothesis. It can be disproved by demonstrating just one example of a phenomenon where the laws of probability do not apply. Many people have, and some still do, believe such phenomena exists (astrology, homeopathy, psychics, dowsing etc). Objective testing of such supposed phenomena never gives results better than those expected by chance.

Quote:
What evidence is there to support this expectation? Why was one time in three the expectation? What are the "chances" and how are they developed into expectation?
Simple arithmetic.

Do you really need me to explain why, if I give you a bag with three balls coloured red, yellow and blue in it and ask you to put your hand in and pull one out, there is a one in three chance you will pull out the red one?

Last edited by Pixel42; 18th March 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2022, 10:03 AM   #33
JimOfAllTrades
Muse

I don't understand the logic, or why you felt the need to bring a negative into this discussion with your generated message.
You claim your method can give us information that we might not otherwise see or recognize as information. You cherry picked some phrases which you thought showed something in relation to a poster's user name. I cherry picked some phrases which seemed to have opposite connotations from the ones you picked.

All it shows is that when you are picking the results you want it doesn't mean anything.
Old 18th March 2022, 10:51 AM   #34
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

You claim your method can give us information that we might not otherwise see or recognize as information. You cherry picked some phrases which you thought showed something in relation to a poster's user name. I cherry picked some phrases which seemed to have opposite connotations from the ones you picked.

All it shows is that when you are picking the results you want it doesn't mean anything.
Quite: the ones using my 'nym had nothing to do with me nor to the origins of this 'nym.
Old 18th March 2022, 10:58 AM   #35
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
Pixel42: There is no science in what you are doing.
Quote:
William: Search - "science" the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

One Nine Zero Three Two Two = 312
[~]

SCLx6+last LE per shuffle
That one might not have need of, does not negate that confidence cannot be gained through such device, with others. - Human Drama - Concision - Heuristic - Masks - Adjusted Reality

William: Concision - is a writing principle of eliminating redundancy.
Heuristic - enabling someone to discover or learn something for themselves. proceeding to a solution by trial and error or by rules that are only loosely defined.

RSP= "Bounce off" For this process I will select last line of page 33 + [] in SCL1 - search for that in SCL2 and select [] + post LE, which in turn I will search in SCL and repeat.

SCL1 AP ="Self-love"
Self-love = 96
My Big Toe
Humour
All The Same
Return
Further
Varying
Save That
In the Mind
Tabula rasa
Clearness
Heart advice
Knowledge
Inner child

SCL2 AP= "Believing in fearful imagery"
Believing in fearful imagery = 255
Event String Unfolding:
In The Team of the Collective
In The Correct Position
How can it be any other way?
Unfolding Status Quo
Love Takes One For The Team

5:58
[Self-Aware
When The Dust Settles
Down came the waters -great the monsoon - washing the soul as it cleared out the room Drowning all Warriors in every platoon
...but would be smiling as I did so…]
Linda and William [last LE page 33]
[Guru
Shucks!]

William: OMG! Okay.

[Putting The Pieces Together
Musing On The Mother]
Linda and William
I'm okay with that
[Dive deep
Personal freedom
Transferring your awareness
Use Mind]

William: For some reason "I'm okay with that" is duplicated on SCL1, so I will use both.

["A light breeze arriving and kissing my cheek at the same moment I am thinking “life is beautiful", is a message."
Memories Unbound]
I'm okay with that
Light Girl
[Clarity
It is more logical that something has always existed than nothing existed before something
Luminous]

William: Luminous - giving off light; bright or shining.

[Embracing the shadow
A Loving Being
A Maze Game
What degree of influence do they have on that Mind-Field?]
I'm Okay With That
Embarrass
[Emotion Rides The Prow]

[The Next World]
Light Girl
System of Giving Energy
[AUM
Escape
Fecund]

William: AUM [SOURCE]
Fecund producing or capable of producing an abundance of offspring of new ideas or new growth; highly fertile

[
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...65308#p1065308
Great Apes!
The Nature of Role-Play Within Story-Lines]
Embarrass
Heal
[Life is scary then you die of it... is that really living?]

William: From the link -
Quote:
Obviously there is enough evidence provided which shows a consistency in repeating the Message Generating process, even with using different selection methods.
The consistency is that coherency is shown to be evident.

Each selection method brings with it, its own uniqueness in regard to the message generated, an interesting thing in itself.

Even that I am currently the only one doing this [as far as I have been made aware] it can be assumed that anyone who uses this system should also generate coherent messages.

[Expression Of Appreciation of Experience
It is a great thing to do small things with great love]
System of Giving Energy
The Development of...

[Study
We don't have to say we are 'this' or 'that' in order to put practice to Love
The places that scare you
These things have been given to me, now what to do with these things...
Spring Loaded]
Heal
It is just one of those things.

[Neurotransmitters
Imposed Appropriates
Universal Belief System
Expression]
AUM
Remind
[Propitious
The Knowledge Of
Nervous
Because the imagery is based in the genuine, in that The Ghost is acknowledged - dressing The Ghost through the use of imagery is an attempt to make The Ghost be seen.
Emotional Intelligence
Healing]

William: Propitious - giving or indicating a good chance of success; favourable.

[Transforming the Anger Energy
Almost Accidental....
No Barriers
Raise Your Vibration]
The Development of...
Oops.....
[Incredible Variants]

[The Generated Messages
The Dawning of The Universe]
It is just one of those things.
Black Holes
[Liminal]

William: Liminal - relating to a transitional or initial stage of a process. occupying a position at, or on both sides of, a boundary or threshold.

[Meaningful
Ancient Grey Entity]
Remind
Went To The Devil
[Invention isn't actually what is going on though. Realization is what is occurring.
Opening Doors]

[The relationship between sound and formation re The Universe's existence.
To Add to That
Unabated]
Oops.....
Personal Integrity
[The sea is indeed filled with a deranged assortment of critters]

William: Unabated - without any reduction in intensity or strength.
[Whatever you do]
Black Holes
In The Flow
[Conscious dreaming]

[Emergence Theory
Bullies
Rebirth]
Went To The Devil
The Individual Human Mind
[Memorandum of Understanding
Incarnation
Occupy
Fear-Based Thinking
Old
Belief Helps Cause Separation
Universal Intelligence
Without and Within
Hold/Have
Love One Another
"I see the light I see the Light I see the light now I start again upon the road that never ends"]

[Expression of Appreciation of Experience
Timeless
Planet Earth is a prison]
Personal Integrity
You Are All Loveable...

[A Maze Game]
In The Flow
Here Am I Is Where I Ought - Examining My Conscious Thought
[Conscience
Rule your world
Infinitely Infinitesimal
Remove the phenomena and apply science
Now We Are Getting Somewhere]

[Eschatological]
The Individual Human Mind
You Do It
[Meeting an Extraterrestrial
As Above So Below]

William: Eschatological - relating to death, judgement, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.

[The Sensation Is Thrilling...And Freeing
Placing aside the childish not the childlike]
You Are All Loveable...
Separation
[Ideal
Puerility
Reform/Refine
Golden nugget]

William: Puerility juvenile. Childish. Silly

[Here Everything All Real Together
Exploring
Inertia
Reminding one of how it all started and the different stages one goes through.
Be Free]
Here Am I Is Where I Ought - Examining My Conscious Thought
Creation Of A New Universe
[The Story Continues - The Flow Is On
Try Different Methods
That, they can be!]

William: Inertia a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.
This reminds me of Conformal Cyclic Cosmology [SOURCE]

You Do It
Union With Divinity
[The Design of The Universe
Secrets of the Soul
Radiance]

[The Omega Point
World Wide Web
What we resist, persists]
Separation
Feel Be Still.

[From Prison To Paradise
Music to my ears]
Creation of a New Universe
Reason For Being
[Discussion of anything to do with the 'why' questions of life
deus ex machina]

William: deus ex machina - an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

Stay Present
Union With Divinity
Getting Somewhere

6:48

Old 18th March 2022, 11:25 AM   #36
Axxman300
Philosopher

Bad news; it's all random.

It's all subjective.

There is no master plan of the universe.

I know this frightens certain people, and it drives them to embrace silly ideas and ideals which tell them there is a sublime order to things.

But in the end, it's all random. And that's the amazing beauty of existence.
Old 18th March 2022, 11:41 AM   #37
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

[Numerology snipped]
No objective evidence for your hypothesis.

No proposed test protocol for obtaining objective evidence for your hypothesis.

Post ignored.
Old 18th March 2022, 11:48 AM   #38
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
But in the end, it's all random. And that's the amazing beauty of existence.
Just as planned. And that's the amazing beauty of circular reasoning.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2022, 12:36 PM   #39
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Here's some initial thoughts for a blinded test protocol.

1. Navigator uses his system to generate one of his - what are we calling them? Readings? Let's call them readings - but doesn't look at it, sealing it in an envelope instead.

2. A second person uses Navigator's system to generate their own reading, and seals it in an identical envelope

3. A third person generates a reading by copying the layout but just making it up, and seals it in an identical envelope

4. Navigator is given all three readings, and attempts to identify the one that's his.

5. Repeat as many times as necessary for the result to be statistically significant.

Something along those lines, with appropriate safeguards to prevent cheating, should work.
Old 18th March 2022, 03:51 PM   #40
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
Pixel 42 Here's some initial thoughts for a blinded test protocol.
1. Navigator uses his system to generate one of his - what are we calling them? Readings? Let's call them readings - but doesn't look at it, sealing it in an envelope instead.
Generated Messages is what I call them. "Readings" have to do with something else entirely and would be an inappropriate label to use.
:?: Explain how I would 'use my system' but 'not look at' the GMs'?
All the looking that is involved occurs in relation to the selection system I am employing.
To not 'look' is to not 'use the system'

Quote:
2. A second person uses Navigator's system to generate their own reading, and seals it in an identical envelope
This person will have their own ComList.

Quote:
3. A third person generates a reading by copying the layout but just making it up, and seals it in an identical envelope
Generates a message... What are you meaning by 'readings' exactly?

Quote:
4. Navigator is given all three readings, and attempts to identify the one that's his.
See :?:

Quote:
5. Repeat as many times as necessary for the result to be statistically significant.

Something along those lines, with appropriate safeguards to prevent cheating, should work.
You will need to correct your test sequence before 4 & 5 are enabled.

Essentially you are attempting to complicate things. The 'blind test' protocol, as it were. happens in relation to how the LEs are selected...and in that there are many ways which can be devised to test the reliability of the Generating Messages System re that selection process.

All ways I have so far tested, show that the GMs still happen - coherency is achieved. My last GM was created using a different selection system than the GM previous to that.

I am open to any suggestions re the selection process.

Cheating cannot be done as the system used simple prevents that. Anyone who uses the GMS would understand this immediately...or very soon into it...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal