IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 23rd March 2022, 03:27 PM   #81
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,925
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Thread split from Ideomotor Effect and the Subconscious. thread, today.
Ah. Ha. So that's why I am being exposed to this for the first time.

i sure hope that the Universe has an infinite supply of bits?

__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 03:39 PM   #82
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
I'm in a minority of one on these forums, in that I actually do believe that earth's biosphere is an intelligence of sorts, and its creative processes (thoughts) are evolution itself. (That is to say, it doesn't "control" evolution, any more than you control which ions move between which synapses in your own brain. Evolution is how it works.) But just because it evolved humans who evolved English doesn't mean it speaks or understands English. Your fingernails grow from you and are part of you, but do you await questions from your fingernails and answer them in fingernail-language?
What you have done in order to come to this assessment is, forget the mind. You are speaking only in terms of the body [whether Planet or Human] and by removing the aspect of the mind, your assessment appears to be true and thus valid, to you.
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:31 PM   #83
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
I question the randomness of the initial messages, absent a verifiable source.

As you should know, no computer-generated "randomness" is truly random, depending as it does on a seed. The real thing is harder to come by.

I do, however, as it happens, have a genuine JIS-certified precision set of icosahedral dice, used once (and perhaps still) by statisticians to generate true random numbers when they don't have a Documenta Geigy handy.

You will be happy to know that truth, as far as one needs to take it, cast on clean float glass, is 307650354485329014221585...

I could go on, but once you've found the meaning of the universe in the first 24 digits, further details are disturbing and best left a mystery.

Thank you for your time.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:02 PM   #84
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA (in the Troll Ignoring Section)
Posts: 20,010
I'm going to go ahead and acknowledge being eight or so refreshing adult beverages into the 1AM hour and having not the foggiest idea what the OP means or what subsequent commentary is about, not having meaningfully read it anyway.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:18 PM   #85
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I'm going to go ahead and acknowledge being eight or so refreshing adult beverages into the 1AM hour and having not the foggiest idea what the OP means or what subsequent commentary is about, not having meaningfully read it anyway.
Eight is obviously not enough.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:35 PM   #86
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,980
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
What you have done in order to come to this assessment is, forget the mind. You are speaking only in terms of the body [whether Planet or Human] and by removing the aspect of the mind, your assessment appears to be true and thus valid, to you.
What you have done in order to come to your assessment is, imagine a mind. You are speaking only in terms of your imagined mind and by ignoring the effect of your own mind's cognitive biases, your assessment appears to be true and thus valid, to you.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 01:57 AM   #87
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 24,146
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I'm in a minority of one on these forums, in that I actually do believe that earth's biosphere is an intelligence of sorts, and its creative processes (thoughts) are evolution itself. (That is to say, it doesn't "control" evolution, any more than you control which ions move between which synapses in your own brain. Evolution is how it works.) But just because it evolved humans who evolved English doesn't mean it speaks or understands English. Your fingernails grow from you and are part of you, but do you await questions from your fingernails and answer them in fingernail-language?
With all respect, what you seem to do is define the observed behavior of the biosphere as 'intelligence'. Under that definition, I think we are a majority here who will agree with you.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 10:48 AM   #88
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I question the randomness of the initial messages, absent a verifiable source.

As you should know, no computer-generated "randomness" is truly random, depending as it does on a seed. The real thing is harder to come by.

I do, however, as it happens, have a genuine JIS-certified precision set of icosahedral dice, used once (and perhaps still) by statisticians to generate true random numbers when they don't have a Documenta Geigy handy.

You will be happy to know that truth, as far as one needs to take it, cast on clean float glass, is 307650354485329014221585...

I could go on, but once you've found the meaning of the universe in the first 24 digits, further details are disturbing and best left a mystery.

Thank you for your time.
Fascinating... thank you for your post.
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 10:50 AM   #89
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
250322

Toward a Science of Consciousness

SCLx12+last LE per shuffle

Lock the door - "You can look me in the mirror , catch my eye and make me shiver , touch me where it hurts the most , right into the Ghost , in the Machine" - It is a confident walk on the even surface of sureness, without the faith - Children - IQ - Examples - Callum at the Campfire - Available - Lyricus designs, transposes, and installs galactic Tributary Zones to a planetary system - No Barriers - Things Will Run Their Course - My Kind of Fun Anyway

SCL1 AP = It has yet to be demonstrated that nature is NOT the expression of a god.

SCL2 AP = Subatomic Particles

RSP = Search SCL1 AP in SCL2 select P&P + Related line entries [re]

Q: Is it possible that the infinitesimal super hot object preceding the Big Bang, didn't in fact contain the vastness of the matter within our universe but rather, was the event in which the energy from the blast resulted in the formation of Galaxies and everything else which we call "The Universe" from the field of inert material which already existed as 'space'?
Matter + Energy + Space = Time.

6:15

[Questions as such a Son might be permitted to ask and be graced with answers
Fearless
Batten down the hatches
The Round Stone
The Lord
Odd Radio Circles]
My Kind of Fun Anyway
It has yet to be demonstrated that nature is NOT the expression of a god.
Dilatory - slow to act. intended to cause delay.
[How Can We Know
Be Aware
We are not orphaned - we are authored
Lucifer
Shining light
The key]

[Military
Remind
One Whom Ought Be Inwardly Known]
Do It For Oneself
Subatomic Particles
Be Aware
[The Sub Hierarchy]

[The Finer Details
Sharing Data
Instant
Regarding]
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...66916#p1066916
Dilatory - slow to act. intended to cause delay.
[Life On Mars
Absolutely Perfectly Beautiful.
The Grey Area is Vast
Strength of Body
Ensures You Get To Know It]

William: "It's a god-awful small affair..." From the link:

Through perseverance and commitment to the engagement, it slowly became apparent to Spirit that some of the things previously hidden from itself, required addressing.

Thus...Sol+Earth=forms through which to deal with those hidden things

Sol represents 'The Husband" and Earth "The Wife" and earthen forms as "The Children" - specifically human beings.

Sol seeds the Mother planet with information and the planet responds by using that information to produce forms.

Mother Earth herself has information within her...a kind of "micro-Sol" as it were...

[Strength
Especially]
Frequency
Life On Mars
Crystal clear
[Given
What The Gods See
The Crystal Clear Waters River
The
Clear
Eggs In Nests
Phenomenon
“Stop trying to feel better; instead become better at feeling”
Assigned
Communication]

[What Is Normal?
It is a path already forged, ahead of human arrival
Three-dimensional
Circle
How to get this to happen on a planetary scale is the thing...]
Giving our best
Crystal clear
It is all making sense
[Origins]

[Nothing comes from nothing - everything which can be seen to have a beginning comes from something.
Ideals
Soul Groups
Focused Individual
Adversary]
Group/Family
It is all making sense
Pyramids of Giza
[Ride Water
Telling the future
The Ancient Grey Entity
When The Dust Settles
Functional
The House of Science
Graphic Changes]

[Wakey Wakey
A Space Without A Time...
Path
I Share Your Joy!
Callum at the Campfire]
This Speaks of....
Pyramids of Giza
The Smokescreen called "scientifically unrespectable"
[Advice
God/Source/Home
The evolution of consciousness
Your Dream Team
Signs
It is neither good nor evil
Alive]

[Puzzles/Mysteries...
Point/Focus
Arms Crossed Over Chest
Opens eyes after having thought about it]
Show Your Soul
The Smokescreen called "scientifically unrespectable"
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
[Throwing pooh
Human beings can do it the hard way or the easy way, but either way, the job will get done.
The Four Noble Truths
Play
Oneirology - the scientific study of dreams
Exciting Changes Would Develop Naturally Enough From That
Connection]

[June Nineteen Forty Seven
Conceptual Art
Shrug
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...68197#p1068197
An unending emotional-based loop hard to break away from because of stubbornly held fear-based belief systems...
The Trinity of Love
Blue Book Project]
Earth Mother
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Communication with the Deeper Levels of Self
[The World Wide Web
Williams Songs
Eye to Eye
System of Giving Energy
Adjusted Reality
Exciting Changes Would Develop Naturally Enough From That
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
Milky Way Mother
Copper wire and glass beads
Evil
Presumed outcome
Save That
*Wink*
Clear
World Wide Web
Wide Walk Welcoming
To Warm Them up to The Truth
Plant the seed
What Is That You Are Playing With?
Fun...Work...But Fun Nonetheless]

[A Great Answer!
Sure
Conundrum
Confirmation which moves one from faith to fact
We shape our opinions and morals through understanding that we are here for that reason.
Ouija
A Life Sentence Ending in a Death Sentence
The Ghost
Positive self-talk]
A GOD in The Making
Communication With The Deeper Levels of Self
Baleful
[William's Job
Together
Ikigai
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”]

6:45
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 03:10 PM   #90
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
Ah, but can you call the spirits from the vasty deep?
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 06:46 PM   #91
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,925
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Ah, but can you call the spirits from the vasty deep?
Obviously anyone can call. But do the spirits answer?
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 06:56 PM   #92
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker
 
Nowhere Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 281
Does anyone remember hub` from the old BABB/BAUT forums? 'Cos I'm getting flashbacks...

Fred
__________________
Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 07:52 PM   #93
xjx388
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,213
Randomly Generated Messages

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Did you forget the ingredient of subjective input?

I am not claiming that the messages are open to objective interpretation but that they are messages.
I will concede this much:

Ok, maybe they are messages; but, if so, they are messages written by yourself meant solely for you because you wrote them in a code that only makes sense to yourself. As you make clear below, these words, phrases, links, etc. are chosen by you because you have associations to them which put you in mind of specific things. You piece those specific things together and come up with something coherent but only to you. We might be able to understand your interpretation of the messages but we will never understand how you got from gibberish to interpretation. They are certainly not messages to me or anyone else because we don’t know the code and we have no hope of reading your mind to break the code. We only have your interpretation and our understanding of your interpretation is solely dependent on your word. I would argue that the interpretation is the true message and you are the one attempting to communicate something to us -whether you conceptualize it that way or not, that’s what is actually happening.

IOW, the fact that they are messages is useless to everyone but you. As I said, notes to self written in a code only you have the ability to interpret. They are not proof that “the Earth” or whatever is trying to communicate something meaningful to you (and us through your interpretation?). To sell that angle, you need to establish that the Earth even has the intelligence, desire and ability to communicate directly with your mind. You haven’t done that and no matter how many days you post “GMs,” you can’t establish that. You can only establish that you have a nifty creativity tool that you find useful.

Quote:
Not in and of themselves, I agree and never claimed such. However, taken in congruent to other things I have mentioned, altogether there is a strong case for the idea of "Cosmic Mind" or whatever we choose to call It.
As I mentioned, the evidence is really all around us - we don't actually have to go stargazing to find it...
List those “other things” briefly. You have asserted such things but you haven’t established them.



Quote:
No. I just happen to know the meaning, because the ComList I compiled has many elements of my subjective data of experience in which to draw from.

"The Ancient Grey Entity" is one example - when this comes up I know exactly what it is referring to. I appreciate that others will not - but that in itself does not mean that the GM is therefore not a message.
Ok, but they are messages you wrote to yourself in a code only you know, useless to anyone other than you. People do this everyday when they check their horoscopes or see a cloud in the sky or a red bird visits their yard (a friend of mine is sure that this is her dead mom visiting her because her mom loved red birds).

Quote:
eta:
Example:

Sally gets handed a note from her mum which reads;

"Someone calling themselves "JK" rang and said he will be at the usual place on Thursday a @ 7m if you want to meet with him."

Would you argue that the note is not a coherent message even if you yourself are unable to understand the bits you are not privy to?
I understand the note perfectly well: someone wants to meet at 7pm if she’s up for it. I may not know the details, but the note is coherent. It’s a coherent message because the caller had an intention to communicate specific information to Sally and I can understand it.

If the caller had left the message: “Angel red, terrapin lemons, gaggle box,” it’s not a coherent message to me, but maybe JK and Sally have a code they use (as the parent, I would hope mum is concerned). Coherence is subjective. But there is still an intent to communicate information.

The Earth, in all likelihood, is not intending to communicate with you through your lists. Therefore, I maintain that until you demonstrate that The Earth has a consciousness able to form an intention to communicate with you, these aren’t messages from The Earth. At best, they are coded messages to yourself that you compose as a creative way to make you think about things “outside the box.”
__________________
Hello.

Last edited by xjx388; 24th March 2022 at 07:55 PM.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 10:48 PM   #94
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
I understand what you are saying and have said as much myself.

I have also said that I am skeptical when reading that folk are suggesting the GMs are incoherent - and obviously you at least appear to be agreeing that they are messages, even that they are intended mainly to be understood by myself, they are nonetheless coherent enough for others to get the gist.

But certainly, if you have any particular sample from the GM that you can highlight as gibberish, I am open to viewing that content - if it means I can get a better appreciation of what it is you are critiquing.
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 11:04 PM   #95
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,980
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...glish/coherent

Quote:
1. (of ideas, thoughts, arguments, etc.) logical and well organized; easy to understand and clear
Your GMs are not coherent.

The fact that you (or anyone else) can find meaning in them by executing some complex mental gymnastics tells us only that the human mind has a remarkable ability to find signals in the noise, even where there is only noise. Sceptics knew that already, which is why your 'system' is getting the response it is here.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 09:26 AM   #96
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,081
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
Does anyone remember hub` from the old BABB/BAUT forums? 'Cos I'm getting flashbacks...

Fred
I remember a JREF poster from back around 2004 (?) who used a Ouija board and a purple font....very similar.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 09:28 AM   #97
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
I remember a JREF poster from back around 2004 (?) who used a Ouija board and a purple font....very similar.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&postcount=79
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 10:13 AM   #98
EaglePuncher
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 691
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
But certainly, if you have any particular sample from the GM that you can highlight as gibberish, I am open to viewing that content - if it means I can get a better appreciation of what it is you are critiquing.
Tell my which part of the random gibberish you don't understand so we can focus on this part and I can "explain" the gibberish with even more gibberish.
EaglePuncher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 10:41 AM   #99
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Your GMs are not coherent.

The fact that you (or anyone else) can find meaning in them by executing some complex mental gymnastics tells us only that the human mind has a remarkable ability to find signals in the noise, even where there is only noise. Sceptics knew that already, which is why your 'system' is getting the response it is here.
260322

This is indicative of actual justice

SCLx13+last LE per shuffle

Show Your Soul - Universal Belief System - Like Unto Ghidrah - many heads one beast... Cleaning Up The Mess - How we think we will get happiness, is the middleman - Indifference - A cultural touchstone - Transparency - Little Pointers Are Signposts - Well Its A Start - Untrue - Science Can Be Fun Too - Creation -

SCL1 AP = Abrahamic Religions

SCL2 AP = Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis.

RSP = Search SCL1 AP in SCL2 select P&P + Related line entries [re]

5:51

[Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait]
Creation
~Abrahamic Religions~
God/Source/Home
[Planet Earth
WingMakers Materials
Panpsychist]

[Under question
Potential of Milieu
You are the universe
Sort It Out
A Machine For Solving Problems]
“But you will know the more you get it touch with your transcendental mind (and therefore truth) that there is no such thing as a victim. The negative benefits you more than anything else in your evolution and the evolution of all that is.”
~Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis.~
Fine-structure Constant
[Those who prove not to be interested in the evidence for gods, are those who can be ignored when they demand evidence for gods.]

William: Does that involve "complex mental gymnastics"? Is that how the Devil got his horns?

[Lyricus
The Kingdom of God on Earth in this universe
A GOD in The Making
Hearing External Voices In Your Head
GOD
~God/Source/Home~
Calling the shots
[The Judgement Algorithm
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
The Human Interface
Gibberish
Penny Tuppence
Those are two different things which ought not be confused.
I am all ears to any rewording for clarification
Teddy Naysayer
Near Death Experience
Enlighten you
Makes Candles Look Gathered
Foresee/Foresight
Cunning
You can teach me when I’m needing You can reach for me when I’m bleeding touch me where I need it most - you are the Ghost - in the Machine
The Divine
Heaven on Earth...
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...70902#p1070902

William: If one researches OOBEs and the like, one will find that practically everyone who ever experiences such, identify as being 'spirit'...Being 'born of the spirit' is really about coming to the realization of what one truly is rather than remaining in ignorance of that.

You are a dream gone real You’ve got exactly what it takes to make an old wound heal You tied the knot - then you let it slip Now we both know what it feels like to find a place to fit
The Hologram of Deception
Important
Of Your Thoughts
Recipe
What once acted like a Wall, became a Gateway
Clumsy
Real
Nevertheless
Paradise
In Cell 32 I Found Love In You]


Communication with the Deeper Levels of Self
Provenance
~Calling the shots~
Like a Job Well Done
How we think we will get happiness, is the middleman
It’s a living thing
Cautiously

[The Message Generator Process
Like how a meteorite caused an extinction event
Free Choice Ends Here]
The Soul Eats Experience
~Like a Job Well Done~
That, they can be!
[The Subject
The power of silence
Do a Word Search
Science Projects
Exploring Fractal Paths
Getting Somewhere
The Brain Is Trained To recognize Patterns
All The World
From what I am seeing re the data - It shows clearly that an underlying intelligence operates quietly in the background of the Universes Structure.
Soul Carrier Memories
Dive deep
An Aladdin's cave
Guilty
Central Intelligence Agency
Please place this on your ComList
It has yet to be demonstrated that nature is NOT the expression of a god.]

[The Neutral Zone
It is not a thing to judge, but a thing to accept without judgement
Rules
Like Unto Ghidrah - many heads one beast...
Ask...
Jesus Christ
Each Morning]
The Ruru
~That, they can be!~
Thoughts
[The Master ColdFire Trick
Good Intentions
“Humility means accepting reality with no attempt to outsmart it.”
You Are Nobodies Victim - Ever.
Truth Seekers
Shambala
Darkest-Darkness]

[William's Commitment
Our Neutral Ground
Go slow
Precognition
Empower The Inner Empire
The Divine Darkness
In the Mind]
Understanding
~Thoughts~
Spirit
[Be Nice Do Nice
Not by flinging woo at it.]

William: Again, it appears to be a reaction based in fear - but clothed in a façade of 'sensibility'...even with Pixels last comment there is still an insistence that the GMs are not coherent yet anyone who's first language is English should be able to ascertain that messages are generated even that those reading, might not follow along easily with the wording.

Clearly to my understanding, the above message is focused upon this very thing - and I am dubious in regard to those who claim they cannot get the gist...I am skeptical that their claim is based in truthfulness.

Nevertheless, as was pointed out;

Quote:
The Brain Is Trained To recognize Patterns
All The World
From what I am seeing re the data - It shows clearly that an underlying intelligence operates quietly in the background of the Universes Structure.
This supposed 'noise' Pixel mentioned is simply that which an individual is unconscious of there being a coherency therein.
So the tendency for said individual is to indifferently scan or even ignore the data the GM offers by referring to it as 'noise' yet the subconscious understands the noise for what it actually is...and at least for the subconscious, the noise makes perfect enough sense.
How does the subconsciousness get the consciousness to stop hiding behind the wall of willful unconsciousness?

[Crazy
The joy of being an Independent Conscious Intelligence connected with another ICI far greater than ones self...
~Spirit~
Tug Of War
["An addict needs shame like a man dying of thirst needs salt water."
Stop. Listen. Observe.]

6:26
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 02:27 PM   #100
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,521
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
What you have done in order to come to this assessment is, forget the mind. You are speaking only in terms of the body [whether Planet or Human] and by removing the aspect of the mind, your assessment appears to be true and thus valid, to you.

I have in no way forgotten the mind. When I speak of the "I" who doesn't listen to, understand, or speak amoeba-language or fingernail-language, do you think I'm talking about only my body?

I attribute a creative intelligence to the earth's biosphere. Whether or not I would also call it a "mind" is a question of mere semantics. I can only observe the apparent creative intelligence, not whether it also has characteristics of narrative consciousness (e.g. whether it has thoughts, language, the ability to plan ahead or might be "self-aware") so I don't leap to the conclusion that it does, and I can't tell you which if any of those things are required to meet some arbitrary definition of "mind" anyhow.

My point remains, even if such an entity is mindful in every way humans are and far more, that's no guarantee that it can or will communicate with individual humans in English or any other human language. For one thing, there's the question of time scale. If, for instance, that vast biosphere-mind produces one conscious narrative thought every hundred years or so, it's not going to have any two-way conversations with you, any more than you can converse with a passing photon (however intelligent and mindful that photon might be).

There's a lot of evidence, including (but going well beyond) my own experience, that one can gain insight from paying attention to random noise. The only thing that would invalidate this evidence is that if there were no such thing as random noise ever—that is to say, no matter how hard a person such as a researcher tries to generate randomness, the world-minds or spirits influence the random process enough to insert messages into it (but not enough to cause it to fail statistical tests of randomness). That's the cosmic conspiracy theory.

I dispute that theory on two grounds. One, everything we know about how processes work says that producing meaning takes effort. Look at our own brains: large, heavy, metabolically expensive, slow to develop in capability after birth, dangerous even to give birth to, and terribly fragile. If all that expensive delicate high-maintenance tissue weren't necessary for useful thought, it would not have evolved. Putting meaning into every observable detail of the world would likewise be costly in some significant way. So would monitoring every human usage of observable details of the world so as to step in and selectively put in meaning only when those particular details are being scrutinized for meaning. Which leads to the second grounds: any conscious entity able to do either or both of those things, and willing to go to that much trouble to do them, could choose to just talk to us.

You don't regulate your heartbeat so as to confer coded wisdom to any intestinal amoebas who might happen to be looking for it, do you? And if you could do that, you would have to know their language so you could just communicate with them plainly and directly instead.
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 03:03 PM   #101
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,980
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
This supposed 'noise' Pixel mentioned is simply that which an individual is unconscious of there being a coherency therein.
Unsupported assertion.

You still have no understanding of how cognitive biases were built into the way in which the human brain works by millions of years of natural selection, simply because false positives are not as potentially fatal as false negatives, and you clearly have no intention of educating yourself on the subject.

Here's a good place to start if you ever choose to do so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_detection
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 03:42 PM   #102
xjx388
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,213
Randomly Generated Messages

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I understand what you are saying and have said as much myself.

I have also said that I am skeptical when reading that folk are suggesting the GMs are incoherent - and obviously you at least appear to be agreeing that they are messages, even that they are intended mainly to be understood by myself, they are nonetheless coherent enough for others to get the gist.
No, I am saying they are messages solely intended by you, to be interpreted by you, using your own associations as a code that only you can interpret. You are the only communicating agent here, if we are going to consider these messages. I cannot get the gist of anything you post as a raw “generated message.” The only way other people can get the gist is when you provide your interpretation, but even that is solely dependent on your own interpretation.

Now, if I really tried, could I find some kind of interpretation of my own? Sure, but I can do that with any collection of words and phrases. Try me! The problem with this is that I could simply be making up an interpretation. How do any of us know that you aren’t making up your interpretation? We don’t.

Which brings me to the whole “is it a message” debate: randomly collated words and phrases are, by definition, not intended to convey specific information; therefore, they cannot be considered messages. If you wanted to convey a specific message, you would not randomly collate words; instead, you would be very deliberate. The fact that you or I can impose meaning on random strings of English words does not make that random string a “message.”

Quote:
But certainly, if you have any particular sample from the GM that you can highlight as gibberish, I am open to viewing that content - if it means I can get a better appreciation of what it is you are critiquing.
Sure. Give me a sec…
__________________
Hello.

Last edited by xjx388; 25th March 2022 at 03:52 PM.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 03:48 PM   #103
xjx388
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,213
Quote:
Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait
That for example. I see no readily and clearly discernible meaning here at all. We go from the unconscious masculine side of a woman to an individual mind to a trite cliche to a church to a couple of phrases that are gibberish in and of themselves to another trite cliche.

What is the Earth telling us here?
__________________
Hello.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 04:22 PM   #104
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker
 
Nowhere Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
I remember a JREF poster from back around 2004 (?) who used a Ouija board and a purple font....very similar.
You mean this guy?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=21716

Fred
__________________
Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 08:50 AM   #105
Lurch
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,247
Navigator muses that there is no randomness in Nature. Yet he/she purportedly strives to use a method which is "as random as possible." This incongruity on its face is damning.

Suppose a person suffering a most debilitating compulsiveness, such as sex addiction, supplied their own list of words and phrases that was liberally peppered with sex related content. Any one of their GMs would be amazingly relevant to their primary state of mind.

Why limit one's self to a personal list of words and phrases, and of comparatively limited breadth? This is more certain to 'validate' the meaningfulness. As confirmed by the admission that another's list cannot be utilized. Why not go whole hog and use as a basis every known word and phrase? Wouldn't this then make for a universal 'Message Generator' for all users of that language?

If such an all-encompassing database is deemed too general, then I would take this as an admission of the current method as being designed to return a self selective confirmation of some larger meaning.

It would in some manner be like a person designing their own IQ test.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 09:37 AM   #106
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Navigator muses that there is no randomness in Nature. Yet he/she purportedly strives to use a method which is "as random as possible." This incongruity on its face is damning.

Suppose a person suffering a most debilitating compulsiveness, such as sex addiction, supplied their own list of words and phrases that was liberally peppered with sex related content. Any one of their GMs would be amazingly relevant to their primary state of mind.

Why limit one's self to a personal list of words and phrases, and of comparatively limited breadth? This is more certain to 'validate' the meaningfulness. As confirmed by the admission that another's list cannot be utilized. Why not go whole hog and use as a basis every known word and phrase? Wouldn't this then make for a universal 'Message Generator' for all users of that language?

If such an all-encompassing database is deemed too general, then I would take this as an admission of the current method as being designed to return a self selective confirmation of some larger meaning.

It would in some manner be like a person designing their own IQ test.
If you think about it, I think meaning and true randomness are mutually exclusive by definition, so if one finds meaning in anything purporting to be random, either the meaning is imposed on it or the randomness illusory.

It all looks like ideological pareidolia here. Of course, given any combination of things, we're going to seek some meaning or message or consistency. We're like that. We invent meaning. Though it seems benign in this case, in essence it's really no different, I think, from the iconic madman sticking pictures and maps on the wall and linking them with pieces of red yarn, or the conspiracy theorist insanely presuming that the victims of mass murder are crisis actors in an elaborate "psy-op" perpetrated by an enormous elite, for reasons whose ignorance and stupidity are exceeded only by that of the theorist.

In order for true randomness to occur the first thing that must be discarded is any thing that can predispose a result, and that includes the intention or expectation of meaning.

Though deists and theists disagree, I consider that this is the fact of the universe itself. We are social animals and we impose meaning on our existence. And it's a good thing we do. You can think of it as value added. The fact that we put it there does not make it less real. But the base model universe comes without it.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 11:01 AM   #107
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 429
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
It all looks like ideological pareidolia here. Of course, given any combination of things, we're going to seek some meaning or message or consistency. We're like that. We invent meaning.

That's exactly why we have constellations.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 04:33 PM   #108
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,081
Duplicate post. Move along.

Last edited by Spektator; 26th March 2022 at 04:35 PM.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 04:34 PM   #109
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,081
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
Yes, but I still insist there's a resemblance.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 10:33 AM   #110
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I have in no way forgotten the mind. When I speak of the "I" who doesn't listen to, understand, or speak amoeba-language or fingernail-language, do you think I'm talking about only my body?
Yes. It is apparent enough in relation to your argument.

Quote:
I attribute a creative intelligence to the earth's biosphere. Whether or not I would also call it a "mind" is a question of mere semantics. I can only observe the apparent creative intelligence, not whether it also has characteristics of narrative consciousness (e.g. whether it has thoughts, language, the ability to plan ahead or might be "self-aware") so I don't leap to the conclusion that it does, and I can't tell you which if any of those things are required to meet some arbitrary definition of "mind" anyhow.
We can indeed observe in The Earths creativity as being evidence supporting the characteristics of narrative consciousness.
There is no reason why we have to think that human language was not coded into the instrument, using the device of mindfulness.

Quote:
My point remains, even if such an entity is mindful in every way humans are and far more, that's no guarantee that it can or will communicate with individual humans in English or any other human language. For one thing, there's the question of time scale. If, for instance, that vast biosphere-mind produces one conscious narrative thought every hundred years or so, it's not going to have any two-way conversations with you, any more than you can converse with a passing photon (however intelligent and mindful that photon might be).
Given the evidence of said biosphere, the better way to appreciate such a mind is too acknowledge that it is active and in the moment, 24/7.


Quote:
There's a lot of evidence, including (but going well beyond) my own experience, that one can gain insight from paying attention to random noise. The only thing that would invalidate this evidence is that if there were no such thing as random noise ever—that is to say, no matter how hard a person such as a researcher tries to generate randomness, the world-minds or spirits influence the random process enough to insert messages into it (but not enough to cause it to fail statistical tests of randomness). That's the cosmic conspiracy theory.
Unless one acknowledges exactly what it means - that there is really no such thing as "random" - then one can appreciate the idea that - no matter how far-fetched it might appear to be - we exist within a reality which has been pre-determined.


Quote:
I dispute that theory on two grounds. One, everything we know about how processes work says that producing meaning takes effort. Look at our own brains: large, heavy, metabolically expensive, slow to develop in capability after birth, dangerous even to give birth to, and terribly fragile. If all that expensive delicate high-maintenance tissue weren't necessary for useful thought, it would not have evolved.
Precisely.
So then we can observe the history of humanity in that light and understand that it was a necessary means to a particular well thought out agenda.
The human form was created by the Planet-Mind for a particular reason.


Quote:
Putting meaning into every observable detail of the world would likewise be costly in some significant way. So would monitoring every human usage of observable details of the world so as to step in and selectively put in meaning only when those particular details are being scrutinized for meaning. Which leads to the second grounds: any conscious entity able to do either or both of those things, and willing to go to that much trouble to do them, could choose to just talk to us.
Now you are suggesting that the planet has vocals chords?
The Planet-Mind is constantly talking to us - mind to mind.
For the most part this occurs at subconscious levels - which is to say - the conscious part of the individuals own mind is unconscious of that going on...

Quote:
You don't regulate your heartbeat so as to confer coded wisdom to any intestinal amoebas who might happen to be looking for it, do you? And if you could do that, you would have to know their language so you could just communicate with them plainly and directly instead.
That is precisely why I developed this method for doing so, with the additional aspect of having a means in which to record the data.
Your equating human beings as like-unto 'amoebas' in comparison, forgets the structure of the human instrument.

Consider the idea that the whole of human history was mapped out to unfold as it has done and is still doing - add to that the idea that the current James Webb-Telescope project is the result of 10,000 individual human minds each with a piece of the puzzle which altogether led to the actualization of the Telescope being created and launched and now positioned and unfolding as and where it is.

Add to that, the whole thing was orchestrated by The Planet Mind - through participants who are largely unconscious of that, and one can understand that human beings do not need to even be conscious of that in order for such to be accomplished.

There is nothing inherently unethical with such procedure. A Planet Mind can orchestrate whatever it wills and have it done, through whatever creative means it has availably to it.
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 10:49 AM   #111
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait
Quote:
That for example. I see no readily and clearly discernible meaning here at all. We go from the unconscious masculine side of a woman to an individual mind to a trite cliche to a church to a couple of phrases that are gibberish in and of themselves to another trite cliche.

What is the Earth telling us here?
The clue is in the subject matter [AP] of the GM you quoted from.
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 11:57 AM   #112
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
280322

Essentially we are Gaia in human form...

SCLx10+last LE per shuffle

The Hierarchy - Wild freedom - In the Mind - If we can remove the stigma of our situation by not judging it either 'good' or 'evil' perhaps we can learn to be happy with being human - You Trust My Navigation - Be kind to yourself - Don't Get Caught Up - If In Doubt Let It Sit - Courage - It is more logical that something has always existed than nothing existed before something existed

SCL1 AP = "Peace! We are invited to the feast! Inside my heart delights at the action I must take Lest I forget the taming of the beast within lest I forget the heart that aches!"

SCL2 AP = Self-help

RSP = Search SCL1 AP in SCL2 select P&P + Related line entries [re]

7:06

[There is no need to proclaim a supernatural event to what is simply an idea put into action.
Life is a journey
Useful]
It is more logical that something has always existed than nothing existed before something existed
~Peace! We are invited to the feast! Inside my heart delights at the action I must take Lest I forget the taming of the beast within Lest I forget the heart that aches!~
Always Vigilant

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills
~Self-help~
Egregore
[The Data of Experience
Toward a Science of Consciousness]

[Bonding]
Receive
~Always Vigilant~
The Power Of Creation
[Infinitely Infinitesimal
Regimented: Left -brain Right brain Whole brain]

[Explaining
The bits will suffice.]
Free-spirit
~Egregore~
Besides
[Mother Earth Harmony ~
Loyal
Two sides of the same coin]

[Nothing comes from nothing - everything which can be seen to have a beginning comes from something.]
Close
~The Power Of Creation~
Compassion

[In The Team Of The Collective
A riddle wrapped up in an enigma
Expression Of Appreciation of Experience
Entheogen
System of Giving Energy
The Deep and Meaningful
Working with the simulation
Many varied opinions
Deliberate and important
To Be Sure
Distracted]
Sagacious
~Besides~
Establishment
[In The Rabbit Hole]

William: Sagacious - having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgement; wise or shrewd.

[A Pragmatic Realization Precipitated In Ones Mind]
"I think therefore I am, therefore who am I?"
~Compassion~
Yes - I Hear You
[People Judge People]

[An axe to grind
A Real Beauty
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...65529#p1065529 ]
Condescending Ideas About Imagination
~Establishment~
Inclinations
[Actions speak louder than words
For anyone to say otherwise, would be unwise in the face of such evidence
"End Of Story" As The Saying Goes]

[The sound of a Ghost
Arms Crossed Over Chest
Objectives]
Self-Awareness
~Yes - I Hear You~
Perceived Obsolescence

William: https://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dr...ml#post2246390

[There Are Myriad Stories Happening Within The Main Story]
Opposing forces which define each other by necessity
~Inclinations~
Phasing
[Completely
Signals
Counterfactual]

William: Counterfactual - relating to or expressing what has not happened or is not the case.
Certainly there was a great deal in which I had to deal with in order to come to some rational reason for the event of that visitation...

[Anchor Points
Lifting Our Game
Virtual
Is it not the quality of the message that counts, rather than the name of the entity the message comes from?]
“Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans”
~Perceived Obsolescence~
It was at the time - still a work in progress.

William: Indeed - even now - it is that...

Draw With The Silence
~Phasing~
Discovering Internal Triggers
[Worthiness
The Great I Am
The Tree of Life
The entity consciousness which is Mother Earth - is "The Creator" of the forms from Her Belly]

[Like a Well Oiled Machine
True randomness does not exist
Here Everything All Real Together
Doorway]
Sphere
~It was at the time - still a work in progress.~
Spiritual path [
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...70048#p1070048
Listening
Residue
Positive self-talk
The World has a Spiritual Design
Communication
Remember To Remember]

When The Opportunity Presents Itself To Do So...
~Discovering Internal Triggers~
Placing aside the childish not the childlike
[Raise your frequency]

Significance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX7NNMKBPsw
That Is The Equal Ground To Which Rational Communion Is Birthed
Timeless
Vortex
~Spiritual path~
The Mind

William: Kindness...not just a 'heart' thing...

[Communicating
Invent
Batten down the hatches]
Inclusion of Jesus in Wiremu's Theology
~Placing aside the childish not the childlike~
Putting yourself back together again
[Little Tittle
The Unconscious
The conscious mind of the individual is heavily influenced by the genetic mind
Radiance
It is not a thing to judge, but a thing to accept without judgement
Investigative Realisation]

[Wait for the Navigator to respond...
Room to Explore
The Moment
Big Gaps In Logic]
Translate
~The Mind~
A Machine For Solving Problems
[That one might not have need of, does not negate that confidence cannot be gained through such device, with others.]

[Mindfulness
The Divine Spiritual Family
Interpretation
Afraid of The Unknown.
QueenBee
The Realities Merge
Where life and death is part of a circle and everything is part of the Ouroboros
Self
Sad
By/Through
To assist with strengthening the connect]
Following Your Intuition
~Putting yourself back together again~
Dream interpretation
[Augment
Simulacra
Little Tittle
Equity
Preparation is willingness to change]

William: Augment make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
Simulacra - an image or representation of someone or something.

[Ancient Grey Entity
Disrupt
Numbers
Mirror]
Just Be - All Else Will Follow
A machine for solving problems
Music
[Life On Mars
Electrics
Get Comfortable
Eternal Loop
Why is this a Requirement?
“Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.”]

William: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKcl4-tcuo

7:55
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 03:04 AM   #113
EaglePuncher
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 691
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Just Be - All Else Will Follow
So the universe wants us to ignore the messages? Finally it's making at least a bit of sense.
EaglePuncher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 09:12 AM   #114
xjx388
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,213
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
The clue is in the subject matter [AP] of the GM you quoted from.
I'm afraid that doesn't help me glean any meaning from the GM. "Abrahmic religions," and/or "Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis." are just more phrases that seem, to this reader, to be incongruous with the others.
__________________
Hello.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 12:54 PM   #115
Navigator
Philosopher
 
Navigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait

Quote:
That for example. I see no readily and clearly discernible meaning here at all. We go from the unconscious masculine side of a woman to an individual mind to a trite cliche to a church to a couple of phrases that are gibberish in and of themselves to another trite cliche.

What is the Earth telling us here?
Quote:
The clue is in the subject matter [AP] of the GM you quoted from.
Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I'm afraid that doesn't help me glean any meaning from the GM. "Abrahmic religions," and/or "Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis." are just more phrases that seem, to this reader, to be incongruous with the others.
incongruous - not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something.

It is enough that one acknowledges the connections they can see. Coherency does not have to have intrinsic value attached to it.

I treat the individuate GMs as a continuation rather than as separate disconnected messages.

I also treat the universe as a congruous whole without incongruous parts. and accept that there are things which seem incongruous but are not. Why they seem to be incongruous has everything to do with my position of ignorance within it.

So there are parts of the GM which seem incongruous to me - which I allow by factoring in that I will eventually understand through cross-reference, observing which words strings have been used more than once, and in what context they were used...sit with it until it becomes apparent...

Just like how we all learned to read and write - or how we all learn to do anything.

My pointing to the AP "Abrahmic religions," is congruous with "Church Bells" - which are "a call to worship" expressed differently by the three distinct branches which make up the Abrahmic religions. The Christian branch [bells] is referenced due to my growing up in the Western Culture.

If I wanted more context, I would search the MGs to find if there are any more references to bells...

My general focus though, is on that which is most coherent to me in the moment, because there is plenty of food on that plate to keep me occupied...

I do appreciate the humor of Phonetics though..."In con grew us" = "The Hologram of Deception"

290322

Toward a Science of Consciousness

SCLx12+last LE per shuffle

Unnecessary Tangent - https://wizardforums.com/threads/wil...ge-9#post-7642 - The Things You Do... - Reason For Being - Sharing Data - According to Complex Jesus - https://wizardforums.com/threads/wil...ge-9#post-7642
- Hidden Treasure - Three-dimensional - That one might not have need of, does not negate that confidence cannot be gained through such device, with others. - The space Jacko lantern - Always

William: From the twice mentioned link;
Quote:
Rather than place the above WSB quote into my ComList, I prefer to post this and then get the link to the post and place that into my ComList, because it allows for even more scope than a single quote can offer - in relation to any future Generated Message which might include the link as part of the message being built.
SCL1 AP = A Good Question

SCL2 AP = The Moment

RSP = Search SCL1 AP in SCL2 select P&P + Related line entries [re]

7:53

[Exploring
Of this Message Generating Process.
Consciousness itself is fundamental to all our virtual realities]
Always
~A Good Question~
Getting Off The Hook
[Please offer some means by which we can confirm truth in this matter]

["For whom the bell tolls For to gather the souls the numbers in darkness are glowing"
The Underlying Mechanics
Content
Consciousness incarnates into human form
Awake and Waiting
Skills]
The Played Piece
~The Moment~
Time for Soul to Drive
[Psychic
The Spiritual Essence
This is because facts speak for themselves, which is to say, they require no interpretation.
Memorandum of Understanding
Bellicose
*Nods*
The Alphabet
"That Is Hardly Science"
Cautiously
Yes - I Hear You
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...69704#p1069704
A lot of information which has the potential to come to the fore.
Laws Rules and Appropriates
The Feminine Face of God]

William: Yes - this gives more weight to the apparent incongruency of
"Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait"

"Awake and Waiting Skills" connects with having to learn - "waiting" isn't about "not doing"...
Jung-Animus and The Feminine Face of God re The Earth Entity - the mind of the planet...take a look around folks - are there any other "god-like" entities floating about to which we could possibly attach the label to?

Part of the 'waiting' is developing skills and this involves demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight, rather than procrastinating or expecting the food to be delivered rather than going and finding it for ones self.

The idea is to connect with the Planet Mind in a conscious manner rather than an unconscious one or even a subconscious manner...

Therein one finds congruency.

[That
To what end exactly?]
Reason Together
~Getting Off The Hook~
This moment is the perfect teacher
[Do Not Panic
How can it be any other way?]

William: "The Played Piece ~The Moment~ Time for Soul to Drive"
Said another way "a human is not separate from this understanding except in their willingness to remain disconnected and in the drivers seat.
"Moments" are thus simply 'things that happen for no apparent reason - there is no congruity involved in the moment...no purpose or meaning outside of getting what you can while you have the opportunity to do so...because death comes a-knockin' eventually...The debate between theists and atheists is one which branches from that point...Within the confines of the constructs

8:25

8:36
[Keep an Eye On
Artificial Intelligence]
"Even so, I have full appreciation for your efforts, because even incorrect peer review is better than indifference."
~Time for Soul to Drive~
The Human Interface
[Tabula Rasa]

[What Is Normal?
Translucent
Free-spirit]
Whole-hearted
~This moment is the perfect teacher~
It is neither good nor evil
[
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=927
Embrace the discomfort
The elephant and the rider
Necessity is The Mother of Invention
Personal freedom
Beauty
Play
Puzzles/Mysteries...]




William: From the link:
Quote:
The point I have been making is that coherent messages are generated - because if they were not coherent, then you would not even be able to have any 'chain of thought' associated with what you are reading.

Re that - it is equally important that we are aware - not only of our thoughts in the moment, but also more intrinsically - we are aware of why we think the particular way that we do.

Said another way. "There was I was where I ought - examining my conscious thought." not just having a thought for the sake of having a thought.
We find ourselves - each an all - within this reality experience. Embracing some aspects while rejecting others is counterintuitive

[Self-respect]
Open
~The Human Interface~
The Earths Moon
[Fun...Work...But Fun Nonetheless
Planet Earth
Glow Softly
Soon
Signals
Idea
There Is More To The Silence Than Meets The Ear
William Plays Music
"Here Am I Is Where I Ought Examining My Conscious Thought"
The Sensation of God's Presence Inside Us
Mapping Wholeness
Ubiquitous
Transparent]

William: Ubiquitous present, appearing, or found everywhere.
Transparent - (of a material or article) allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen. easy to perceive or detect.

Moon
~It is neither good nor evil~
Stagnant
[The Knowledge Of
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
Unless of course, you think otherwise]

William:

8:50
__________________
Wild mingling with the howling gale, loud bursts of ghastly laughter rise high o’er the minstrels head they sail and die amid the northern skies ~ Scott
There was I was where I ought - Examining my conscious thought ~ Navigator

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 01:11 PM   #116
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
Currency has no intrinsic value, to be sure, because you assign the value according to rules that are entirely extrinsic to it. How does that form an argument for the so-called random messages to have any meaning other than what you impose on them?

This seems like such an elementary problem, like hearing someone saying that things always come in threes. Which of course they do if you count by threes.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 05:10 PM   #117
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 6,254
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
incongruous - not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something.

It is enough that one acknowledges the connections they can see. Coherency does not have to have intrinsic value attached to it.

I treat the individuate GMs as a continuation rather than as separate disconnected messages.

I also treat the universe as a congruous whole without incongruous parts. and accept that there are things which seem incongruous but are not. Why they seem to be incongruous has everything to do with my position of ignorance within it.

So there are parts of the GM which seem incongruous to me - which I allow by factoring in that I will eventually understand through cross-reference, observing which words strings have been used more than once, and in what context they were used...sit with it until it becomes apparent...

Just like how we all learned to read and write - or how we all learn to do anything.

My pointing to the AP "Abrahmic religions," is congruous with "Church Bells" - which are "a call to worship" expressed differently by the three distinct branches which make up the Abrahmic religions. The Christian branch [bells] is referenced due to my growing up in the Western Culture.

If I wanted more context, I would search the MGs to find if there are any more references to bells...

My general focus though, is on that which is most coherent to me in the moment, because there is plenty of food on that plate to keep me occupied...

I do appreciate the humor of Phonetics though..."In con grew us" = "The Hologram of Deception"

290322

Toward a Science of Consciousness

SCLx12+last LE per shuffle

Unnecessary Tangent - https://wizardforums.com/threads/wil...ge-9#post-7642 - The Things You Do... - Reason For Being - Sharing Data - According to Complex Jesus - https://wizardforums.com/threads/wil...ge-9#post-7642
- Hidden Treasure - Three-dimensional - That one might not have need of, does not negate that confidence cannot be gained through such device, with others. - The space Jacko lantern - Always

William: From the twice mentioned link;


SCL1 AP = A Good Question

SCL2 AP = The Moment

RSP = Search SCL1 AP in SCL2 select P&P + Related line entries [re]

7:53

[Exploring
Of this Message Generating Process.
Consciousness itself is fundamental to all our virtual realities]
Always
~A Good Question~
Getting Off The Hook
[Please offer some means by which we can confirm truth in this matter]

["For whom the bell tolls For to gather the souls the numbers in darkness are glowing"
The Underlying Mechanics
Content
Consciousness incarnates into human form
Awake and Waiting
Skills]
The Played Piece
~The Moment~
Time for Soul to Drive
[Psychic
The Spiritual Essence
This is because facts speak for themselves, which is to say, they require no interpretation.
Memorandum of Understanding
Bellicose
*Nods*
The Alphabet
"That Is Hardly Science"
Cautiously
Yes - I Hear You
https://debatingchristianity.com/for...69704#p1069704
A lot of information which has the potential to come to the fore.
Laws Rules and Appropriates
The Feminine Face of God]

William: Yes - this gives more weight to the apparent incongruency of
"Jung-Animus
The Individual Human Mind
Getting Over It = Getting On With It
Church Bells
The Hologram of Deception
Emotion Rides The Prow
All things come to those who wait"

"Awake and Waiting Skills" connects with having to learn - "waiting" isn't about "not doing"...
Jung-Animus and The Feminine Face of God re The Earth Entity - the mind of the planet...take a look around folks - are there any other "god-like" entities floating about to which we could possibly attach the label to?

Part of the 'waiting' is developing skills and this involves demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight, rather than procrastinating or expecting the food to be delivered rather than going and finding it for ones self.

The idea is to connect with the Planet Mind in a conscious manner rather than an unconscious one or even a subconscious manner...

Therein one finds congruency.

[That
To what end exactly?]
Reason Together
~Getting Off The Hook~
This moment is the perfect teacher
[Do Not Panic
How can it be any other way?]

William: "The Played Piece ~The Moment~ Time for Soul to Drive"
Said another way "a human is not separate from this understanding except in their willingness to remain disconnected and in the drivers seat.
"Moments" are thus simply 'things that happen for no apparent reason - there is no congruity involved in the moment...no purpose or meaning outside of getting what you can while you have the opportunity to do so...because death comes a-knockin' eventually...The debate between theists and atheists is one which branches from that point...Within the confines of the constructs

8:25

8:36
[Keep an Eye On
Artificial Intelligence]
"Even so, I have full appreciation for your efforts, because even incorrect peer review is better than indifference."
~Time for Soul to Drive~
The Human Interface
[Tabula Rasa]

[What Is Normal?
Translucent
Free-spirit]
Whole-hearted
~This moment is the perfect teacher~
It is neither good nor evil
[
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=927
Embrace the discomfort
The elephant and the rider
Necessity is The Mother of Invention
Personal freedom
Beauty
Play
Puzzles/Mysteries...]




William: From the link:


We find ourselves - each an all - within this reality experience. Embracing some aspects while rejecting others is counterintuitive

[Self-respect]
Open
~The Human Interface~
The Earths Moon
[Fun...Work...But Fun Nonetheless
Planet Earth
Glow Softly
Soon
Signals
Idea
There Is More To The Silence Than Meets The Ear
William Plays Music
"Here Am I Is Where I Ought Examining My Conscious Thought"
The Sensation of God's Presence Inside Us
Mapping Wholeness
Ubiquitous
Transparent]

William: Ubiquitous present, appearing, or found everywhere.
Transparent - (of a material or article) allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen. easy to perceive or detect.

Moon
~It is neither good nor evil~
Stagnant
[The Knowledge Of
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
Unless of course, you think otherwise]

William:

8:50
Fine, if rational thinking is ignored, it's time to argue from the other side of the fence.

I have investigated/hunted ghosts since the mid-1980s. Here's what you need to know:

1. The "universe", or supreme beings, or universal consciousness is never vague when communicating. Ever.

2. if there is some entity out there that wants you to know something, it will tell you. Usually to your face. No signs to interpret, no cryptic messages in the white-noise, or any protocols which require a priest, or religious hierarchy to interpret.

3. It's all random, and that's what makes the universe so beautiful.

Here's the deal, I can't prove anything I just wrote, just like you. But I've done the leg work, seen stuff, heard stuff, and I still get out once in a while just for fun.

Focus on the real world for a change. I get more done that way.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 05:20 PM   #118
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,892
I can't battle, but bread and butter is my favorite food- WAIT WHAT?! *suffers preoccupation*
minute, clover learned ferret! hyena...
I wish I was a chicken because they don't have to monkey heavily all the time
APPLE 1
organic, clearly elephant are jovial wire! Plus, kangaroos can introduce valiantly.
The chicken is chicken leg because string type adventurously?
I guess, drain unnaturally are maddening kiss! Plus, stews can approve joyously.
flower, functional! rat! odd, gratefully, or petite. bananna won't paint freely.[
SHOE 3
It's a classic Italian taste that you'll love from Domino's; the Pesto Crust Pizza. The hot and wow call Domino's Pizza Now! Another NEW crust is topped off with herbs and baked to golden perfection. The distinctive flavor of pesto Crust is topped off with herbs and authentic Romano cheese. It's the very first bite.
Canada
can
waffle
omega
stereo
photo
puzzle
cell
Alpha
Alpha
Dog
CARGO 11 CARGO 11
Sirius
galaxy
star
paper
skull
world
liver
reliable
wealth
decide
insure
devote
body
stake
examination
danger
breakdown
visit
take
difference
vacuum
econobox
canvas
concrete
cluster
coincide
END
__________________
Memento Mori
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2022, 07:56 PM   #119
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,002
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
I can't battle, but bread and butter is my favorite food- WAIT WHAT?! *suffers preoccupation*
minute, clover learned ferret! hyena...
I wish I was a chicken because they don't have to monkey heavily all the time
APPLE 1
organic, clearly elephant are jovial wire! Plus, kangaroos can introduce valiantly.
The chicken is chicken leg because string type adventurously?
I guess, drain unnaturally are maddening kiss! Plus, stews can approve joyously.
flower, functional! rat! odd, gratefully, or petite. bananna won't paint freely.[
SHOE 3
It's a classic Italian taste that you'll love from Domino's; the Pesto Crust Pizza. The hot and wow call Domino's Pizza Now! Another NEW crust is topped off with herbs and baked to golden perfection. The distinctive flavor of pesto Crust is topped off with herbs and authentic Romano cheese. It's the very first bite.
Canada
can
waffle
omega
stereo
photo
puzzle
cell
Alpha
Alpha
Dog
CARGO 11 CARGO 11
Sirius
galaxy
star
paper
skull
world
liver
reliable
wealth
decide
insure
devote
body
stake
examination
danger
breakdown
visit
take
difference
vacuum
econobox
canvas
concrete
cluster
coincide
END
Wow, man, that's deep. Positively tubular! I think I had a Fugs record with those lyrics. Or maybe it was the East Village Other Electric Newspaper. How sadly the banners of youth fray and flap in the gathering gloom. Too wintry and blustery to brave the trek to the big bad barn and thumb the archives, but though brain damage, we sadly say, creeps in on little rat feet, even in cold storage cosmic wisdom stays crispy fresh.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 04:25 AM   #120
Tristan Chi
Thinker
 
Tristan Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Sweden
Posts: 193
Dawn of thought transferred through moments
Of days under searching earth
Revealing corridors of time provoking memories
Disjointed but with purpose
Tristan Chi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.