IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , missiles , no planes

Old 23rd August 2022, 12:42 PM   #41
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
For anyone here still stupid enough to think that it was missiles and not airliners that hit the towers, I'll just leave this here....

Your line drawing of a B767 is incorrect! Your line drawing shows a pronounced dihedral wing structure
that the Boeing 767-200 series does not have.
Your line drawing only fits in the WTC1 scar because of the dihedral.

This image below is an accurate depiction of a B767 minute dihedral which
does not fit into the WTC1 scar.

The second image is a Boeing 767 nose head-on we with a center focus on the nosecone level in the vertical and horizontal axis.

Note the lack of a pronounced dihedral wing structure your line drawing indicates.

Wing design schematics

The Boeing 767-200 is a "low wing" design-NOT dihedral
YOUR plane does not Fit the WTC1 scar.
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 23rd August 2022 at 12:45 PM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:03 PM   #42
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Your line drawing of a B767 is incorrect! Your line drawing shows a pronounced dihedral wing structure

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...080&fit=bounds

The second image is a Boeing 767 nose head-on we with a center focus on the nosecone level in the vertical and horizontal axis.

Note the lack of a pronounced dihedral wing structure your line drawing indicates.

Wing design schematics
Are you joking? Or are you really unable to see the top of the wing is not dihedral in smartcooky's image? The image you provide even has the same darker, thicker lines on the bottom of the wing that his image has.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:12 PM   #43
Warp12
King of Kings

Wing design schematics
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Are you joking? Or are you really unable to see the top of the wing is not dihedral in smartcooky's image? The image you provide even has the same darker, thicker lines on the bottom of the wing that his image has.

Let me whip up my own line drawing, and everything will fit even better. Proof, yo.

This illustrates why we shouldn't use such "evidence" to support legitimate debate.

Last edited by Warp12; 23rd August 2022 at 01:15 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:29 PM   #44
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
fonebone, do you believe that the WTC was hit by cruise missiles flying in a plane-shaped formation?

Cosmic Yak on this forum.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:34 PM   #45
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
fonebone, do you believe that the WTC was hit by cruise missiles flying in a plane-shaped formation?

NO
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:45 PM   #46
pzkpfw
Scholar

The line drawing from smartcooky does seem to emphasise the lower edge of the wing shape, possibly that's what's making Fonebone grasp at straws. (The upper edge is there.)

As for Warp12, it's another game of fill in the blanks, portrayed as "I'm the one true skeptic".

i.e. "I am totally not a _________, I'm just saying _________."

Last edited by pzkpfw; 23rd August 2022 at 01:48 PM.
pzkpfw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 02:05 PM   #47
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The evidence discussed in this video leads directly to the most likely cause, and the most likely suspects, which is probably why it was banned almost immediately on YouTube and Facebook.

The inescapable conclusion is that multiple cruise missiles were launched in broad daylight on 9/11. How they faked the videos is irrelevant to what the physical evidence shows.

This is forensice examination of the evidence we all have access to, but to discuss it is forbidden. I have tried to do just that on this very site in the past, so I'm under no illusions as to how long this post will remain here. Watch it quickly, while you can. 14.29 minutes.

9/11: The Smoking Gun
https://vimeo.com/741646536
Where do you get these lies and pathetically anti-American insane claims?

Why do you make up lies to apologize for 19 Terrorists who murdered thousands of Americans on 9/11?

yankee451 evidence = insane fantasy
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 02:14 PM   #48
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wing design schematics
OOPs, wrong, again...

funny, it was Flight 11 and 175, and when flying the wings bend. Darn, you thought this up now? Was this your big ace in the hole - burned... oh my

Guess why... the wings support the weight of the aircraft... and inflight the wings have what you called... exactly what you called - " pronounced dihedral " - sad to see a 9/11 conspiracy theorists unable to do more than make up BS after being clueless for over 20 years

Last edited by beachnut; 23rd August 2022 at 02:40 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 02:48 PM   #49
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I don't promote any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. But the above animation is about as weak as any evidence a truther could come up with. I mean, ridiculously so.

The animation clearly illustrates how once people get invested in a certain belief, their standard of evidence declines. Confirmation bias. It is not uncommon to see similar video "evidence" presented for bigfoot, tbh.
Darn, it was Flight 11 and 175... thus what is wrong with the gif?

Poor yankee451 believes all the videos, all the evidence of it being fligth 175 and 11 are fake, all the eyewitnesses are fake or wrong, the radar data is wrong, the FAA manifests are fake, etc, etc, etc...

A line art of a 767 does fit the damage, and it is evidence, just like video, radar, and DNA from crew and passengers.

When seeing the damage, what can fit, a 767 in flight can do the damage... in fact, you can use physics to confirm and estimate the speed/energy involved based on the mass of the 767 and specification of the steel at that position in the WTC.

Last edited by beachnut; 23rd August 2022 at 02:58 PM.
Old 23rd August 2022, 03:11 PM   #50
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Next time, learn about Flight, and Aerodynamics

On the Ground...

In the Air...

You should see how much the wings bend on a T-38 pulling Gs at MACH 1...

who did 9/11 in the fantasy world of 9/11 conspiracy theories you seem to support believe - guess the Missile claims, insane as they are, too far out for you.
Old 23rd August 2022, 03:33 PM   #51
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Dear, oh dear, oh dear! What a sad little misinformed twoofer you are. You really do lack observational skills of any kind (a typical trait for a twoofer). Your research skills are similarly lacking (another twoofer trait). Furthermore, your knowledge of Aeronautical Engineering is almost non existent, as indicated by the fact that you fail to understand the terms "low-wing" and "dihedral" are not mutually exclusive. In fact, almost ALL modern jet airliners (Boeing 7xx series, Airbus Axxx series), are both low-wing and have a dihedral wing design (and FYI most high-wing aircraft such as the Antonov An-124, 224, Boeing C-17, Lockheed C-5, C-141, Airbus A400M) have an anhedral wing design.

https://modernairliners.com/boeing-767/

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... and you have very little knowledge. But just to add to Beachnut's post, I am now going to tear your ignorant BS to shreds.

Your problem here is that you understand nothing about aerodynamics or flight dynamics. If you did, you would have realized that the specified dihedral angle is the upwards angle of the wing AT THE WING ROOT at the center of the wing spar... when the aircraft is STATIONARY ON THE GROUND. But as I am sure you will have failed to notice, the wings of an airliner droop downwards when its parked (and you can even see that in the head-on on photo you posted). However, because the wings of an airliner are flexible, the whole wing flexes upwards in flight because of the force imparted on it by lift. On a 767-200, the whole wing outboard of the engine visibly bends upwards as its speed increases, and the faster it flies, the more the upwards it bends. At 430 knots, which is the speed Flight 175 hit the south tower, the bending upwards of the wings causes the wingtip to be as much as nine feet "higher" than they are when on the ground and stationary - that is over 11% of the (single) wing length!!!. Additionally, Flight 175 was in a left bank at impact, and which causes the wings to bend even more due to the differential between G-forces on the fuselage and the wind resistance on the wingtips. I calculated as accurately as possible the effect of the speed and turn when I was drawing the diagram.

You can now consider yourself thoroughly debunked. If you want to continue to argue about aircraft with someone who has had a career in Aviation (and a degree in Aeronautical Engineering to go with it) then bring it on... I love dishing out botty-smackings to ignorant twoofers! You will, of course, be at somewhat of a disadvantage because your only source of information is "Googleversity", whereas I still have all the manuals and text books I had during my training and career, and they contain information that will extremely difficult, if not impossible to find online.

As Jay Utah once said, "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for experience"

Last edited by smartcooky; 23rd August 2022 at 03:39 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 05:05 PM   #52
pgimeno
Illuminator

2. I would contest your "large majority of members, or viewers, they would not know this context" statement. The large majority would see the title of the thread and who the OP was, and steer the hell clear.
Count me in that group for sure.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 05:07 PM   #53
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Where do you get these lies and pathetically anti-American insane claims?
It's fun (from Europe) to watch the US truthers push their anti-US beliefs. Well, except when they are clearly pro-Russian, e.g. posting Russia Today links; then the irony part (and thus the fun) is gone.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 05:31 PM   #54
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The evidence discussed in this video leads directly to the most likely cause, and the most likely suspects, which is probably why it was banned almost immediately on YouTube and Facebook.

The inescapable conclusion is that multiple cruise missiles were launched in broad daylight on 9/11. How they faked the videos is irrelevant to what the physical evidence shows.

This is forensice examination of the evidence we all have access to, but to discuss it is forbidden. I have tried to do just that on this very site in the past, so I'm under no illusions as to how long this post will remain here. Watch it quickly, while you can. 14.29 minutes.

This was a waste of my time in 2006.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:49 PM   #55
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Apologies in advance for not reading the thread, but has the OP returned to address the comments so far, or has he simply dropped yet another Steving pile of De'ak and scurried off?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:49 PM   #56
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Wing design schematics
Iím not printing these off to measure, but I donít see the difference you do. Can you quantify it?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2022, 06:55 AM   #57
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TJM View Post
Apologies in advance for not reading the thread, but has the OP returned to address the comments so far, or has he simply dropped yet another Steving pile of De'ak and scurried off?

Thanks in advance.
You got it, seagull posting.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2022, 05:25 AM   #58
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Its very quiet in here... Where did those truthers go?
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2022, 07:34 AM   #59
bknight
Master Poster

Hit and run posters.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2022, 11:04 AM   #60
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Video is a smoking gun for a fantasy yankee can't let go... irony in title

"9/11: The Smoking Gun" video is the "smoking gun" you have a fantasy based on a yet to be defined issue with reality.

Irony in Titles...
Old 28th August 2022, 12:58 AM   #61
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

It's a shame, because I really wanted Yankee451 and fonebone to discuss their respective theories with each other. Could have been interesting.

Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2022, 03:18 AM   #62
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

It's a shame, because I really wanted Yankee451 and fonebone to discuss their respective theories with each other. Could have been interesting.
Yup. The display of mutually shared crank magnetism would be a sight to behold!
Old 30th August 2022, 01:19 PM   #63
yankee451
Master Poster

A YT friendly version - same thing, but will less naudet.
https://youtu.be/JYXHWiwu0DU
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2022, 01:21 PM   #64
yankee451
Master Poster

Just checking in to see if anyone has mentioned the actual evidence mentioned in the video yet, the 8 progressively worse damaged columns, and the inward blasting hole, but also the smoking gun. I don't need to read the thread to know no one has.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2022, 01:24 PM   #65
Axxman300
Philosopher

Just checking in to see if anyone has mentioned the actual evidence mentioned in the video yet, the 8 progressively worse damaged columns, and the inward blasting hole, but also the smoking gun. I don't need to read the thread to know no one has.
Because it isn't there.
Old 30th August 2022, 10:02 PM   #66
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You can't debunk Radar, never will... you can't debunk the video evidence, never will. Your legacy of a crazy claims define your mocking the murder of thousands will lies based on lack of knowledge.

You have no evidence. You have an opinion based on BS, and debunked by Flight 11 and Flight 175 when they hit the WTC Towers.

You must of missed the video evidence, Radar evidence.

It takes massive willful ignorance to ignore the Radar and Video data which debunk your delusional fantasy of missiles.

What a legacy for your family to see online, a conspiracy theorist's fantasy world of woo.

Your claim of evidence, is a delusion.
Old 30th August 2022, 11:14 PM   #67
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

fonebone? Any comment?
I'm asking because you, too, have an alternative theory of what happened on 9/11, which is quite different from yanke451's. It might be interesting if you guys compared notes.

Old 31st August 2022, 01:45 AM   #68
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

fonebone? Any comment?
I'm asking because you, too, have an alternative theory of what happened on 9/11, which is quite different from yanke451's. It might be interesting if you guys compared notes.
If those two ever started comparing notes on line, I would be whizzing down to my local supermarket and buying out their entire stock of popping corn as well as a second popcorn maker!!
Old 31st August 2022, 02:31 AM   #69
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

If those two ever started comparing notes on line, I would be whizzing down to my local supermarket and buying out their entire stock of popping corn as well as a second popcorn maker!!
If yankee451 thinks his claim of missile formations is correct, he should be able to convince fonebone.
Equally, if fonebone's CD claim is correct, he should be able to sway yankee451.
This is especially true given that both of them have characterised themselves are open-minded seekers of truth.

Oh, and I don't do popcorn, but I'll get the nachos in, should this debate ever happen!

Old 31st August 2022, 02:58 AM   #70
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Why isn't Ukraine getting a supply of these hyper-accurate ultra-stealthy cruise missiles? They're a decades-old design so surely it makes sense to use up old stocks.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2022, 07:07 AM   #71
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Why isn't Ukraine getting a supply of these hyper-accurate ultra-stealthy cruise missiles? They're a decades-old design so surely it makes sense to use up old stocks.
Obviously, a rhetorical question.
Old 31st August 2022, 07:36 AM   #72
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Obviously, a rhetorical question.
Unless they're so amazingly stealthy that nobody realises Ukraine's actually had them for months.

What's the tallest building in Russian-occupied Donbass, and is it still there?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2022, 03:32 PM   #73
Fonebone
persona non grata

Your link to a Vimeo video returns the following message...

Quote:
Sorry, we couldnít find that page

Make sure youíve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

Someone didn't like Yankee451's evidence.
Old 1st September 2022, 03:34 PM   #74
Fonebone
persona non grata

Quote:

Make sure youíve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

Old 1st September 2022, 04:04 PM   #75
Fonebone
persona non grata

Quote:

Old 1st September 2022, 04:10 PM   #76
Spyke
Critical Thinker

A YT friendly version - same thing, but will less naudet.
https://youtu.be/JYXHWiwu0DU
I watched that link.

Seems to me they spend a lot of time trying to figure out what could have made the "plane sized hole"...

"Faking the plane for the media is the easy part" according to the link.

The hard part is using the correct "missile" to make a convincing "plane sized hole".

They did rule out artillery though.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:03 PM   #77
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Do you like his evidence?

Old 2nd September 2022, 05:49 AM   #78
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Do you like his evidence?
Seeing DBB, on Physorg explained this too the Truthers in 2007 and they are still using drag effects an metal bending as evidence is comical.
The Aluminum they used as evidence is double bent, meaning it was bent inwards on Impact then the Heat caused air to expand in the building and bend it back outward with the steel colum behind it showing the wing sheered the steel.
Obviously we are not dealing with the Brightest people in the Truther Comunity.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 05:54 AM   #79
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Since this was addressed on Physorg in 2007 By David Banes Benson, why is it Important now in a double bent piece of aluminum Sheet, with a steel column sheered behind it?

Drag and Preasure effects would be seen in the Impact and Fuel air blasts, expected and explained almost 20 years ago.
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:53 AM   #80
gmanontario
Muse

Ok I haven't been following the 911 ftap for some time so I'm late to the game here.
Nobody has ever answered this even once.
Assuming the NOC path according to the witnesses and the plane flew past the pentagon, where did the plane go? Flying that low to the ground should have rattled windows and scared the jeepers out of anyone because obviously full throttle jet engines are LOUD!
Where are these witnesses? Where is the radar records for that day since it happened right beside a major airport? Where are any pilots who might have seen a big jet rumbling along at near ground level?
Where did that jet land because it can't use some out of the way regional airport. You can't hide a plane that size even at a military airport.

CIT were the dumbest investigators ever and why people take two of the three stooges seriously is beyond me.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories