IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , missiles , no planes

Reply
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:15 AM   #81
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 61,494
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Your line drawing of a B767 is incorrect! Your line drawing shows a pronounced dihedral wing structure
that the Boeing 767-200 series does not have.
Your line drawing only fits in the WTC1 scar because of the dihedral.
Here's Boeing's own schematics for the plane:

https://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/co.../acaps/767.pdf

Starting on page 19 are a series of drawings clearly showing the same dihedral shape.

Please try to be less wrong in the future!
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:28 AM   #82
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
As beachnut and smartcooky have pointed out the wins tend to bend upward while flying. This is correct as the wings are supported by the fuselage and not at the tips. Flying faster makes more bend as lift becomes more pronounced. Fonebone, learn facts instead of parroting CTs thoughts.

ETA: I'm not picking on you Fonebone, but yankee451 needs to do the same thing. Get out of CT information and learn some physics for starters, then image analysis would be helpful to you.

Last edited by bknight; 2nd September 2022 at 10:54 AM.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 02:23 PM   #83
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18,093
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Flying faster makes more bend as lift becomes more pronounced.
No.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 02:57 PM   #84
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 27,370
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Your link to a Vimeo video returns the following message...





Someone didn't like Yankee451's evidence.
And yet I can access it.....
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 06:46 PM   #85
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 914
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
And yet I can access it.....
Yes - Thanks for the heads-up- The link has been restored and the link
in the OP "can locate" yankee911's smoking gun video on Vimeo.
Audio is much clearer than his UTUBE video with a similar name.
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:20 PM   #86
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,312
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
As beachnut and smartcooky have pointed out the wins tend to bend upward while flying. This is correct as the wings are supported by the fuselage and not at the tips. Flying faster makes more bend as lift becomes more pronounced.
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
No.
I agree with Oystein. Strictly speaking this is not what happens. Its more complicated than that.

At any given barometric altitude, increasing the power setting causes the aircraft to fly faster, which creates more lift, but that extra lift does not bend the wings further to any significant degree. Yes, they will bend a little, but the extra lift causes the aircraft to climb, requiring the pilot to lower the nose in order to reduce the angle of attack.

The bend on the wings is only really influenced by what is supporting the fuselage. On the ground, the fuselage is supported by the undercarriage, so the wings droop under their own weight from outboard of the undercarriage. In flight, the fuselage is support by the wings, so the wings bend upwards with the stress of carrying that mass.

Beachnut has a perfect example of this in post#50, A KC-135 of the USAF 9th SRW on the ground (at Beale AFB?) and the same or similar aircraft in flight.
__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd September 2022 at 07:36 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:09 AM   #87
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 26,093
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
...

Beachnut has a perfect example of this in post#50, A KC-135 of the USAF 9th SRW on the ground (at Beale AFB?) and the same or similar aircraft in flight.
"similar aircraft" is a flown by 909th Squadron crew... aircraft somewhere past Okinawa
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2022, 01:23 AM   #88
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 6,273
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Yes - Thanks for the heads-up- The link has been restored and the link
in the OP "can locate" yankee911's smoking gun video on Vimeo.
Audio is much clearer than his UTUBE video with a similar name.
So what do you think of his evidence?
__________________
'Of course it can be OK to mistreat people.'- shuttlt

Cosmic Yak on this forum.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2022, 07:39 AM   #89
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
No.
I stand corrected.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2022, 06:35 PM   #90
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,686
Not that I'm happy bumping De'ak's thread, but I'd like to add my 2c.

1. During a turn, the wings will bend more (due to g's). UA175 was turning at the time of impact.

2. Beachnut's image of the plane in flight is not really a solid proof of the angle of the wings in flight, because the plane is not levelled with the camera as it is in the ground pic, so it's not clear how much of the angle comes from the front view, and how much from top view; remember that the wings have an arrow shape in the top view. There's a bit of both due to the viewpoint, and it's hard to tell just from the picture how much each view contributes to the seen angle.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:23 PM   #91
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,097
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
I watched that link.

Seems to me they spend a lot of time trying to figure out what could have made the "plane sized hole"...

"Faking the plane for the media is the easy part" according to the link.

The hard part is using the correct "missile" to make a convincing "plane sized hole".

They did rule out artillery though.
Hmm. I'm no expert, but there is one thing that I'm fairly certain would produce a plane-sized hole, but.... aw, that's just too silly.
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505
TheGoldcountry is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2022, 05:35 PM   #92
Spyke
Critical Thinker
 
Spyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 450
Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
Hmm. I'm no expert, but there is one thing that I'm fairly certain would produce a plane-sized hole, but.... aw, that's just too silly.
A Global Hawk cruise missile? /s

I came to the JREF/ISF trying to understand what happened on 9/11. My head was full of foolish ideas and theories.

I read and read countless threads, pushed myself to try and see all sides. It took me a while but I gathered books, watched videos, tried to understand kinetic energy, building architecture, fail loads...

I learned about flight radar and some controlled demolition demonstrations.

All that stuff got filtered through my brain and it was decided.


Two planes filled with innocents hit the towers, one crashed in Pennsylvania and another struck the Pentagon.

And **** videos like this just piss me off now.
__________________
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking. --Ferdinand Foch--
Spyke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2022, 07:36 PM   #93
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
A Global Hawk cruise missile? /s

I came to the JREF/ISF trying to understand what happened on 9/11. My head was full of foolish ideas and theories.

I read and read countless threads, pushed myself to try and see all sides. It took me a while but I gathered books, watched videos, tried to understand kinetic energy, building architecture, fail loads...

I learned about flight radar and some controlled demolition demonstrations.

All that stuff got filtered through my brain and it was decided.


Two planes filled with innocents hit the towers, one crashed in Pennsylvania and another struck the Pentagon.

And **** videos like this just piss me off now.
A reformed citizen.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2022, 12:29 AM   #94
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,312
Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Not that I'm happy bumping De'ak's thread, but I'd like to add my 2c.

1. During a turn, the wings will bend more (due to g's). UA175 was turning at the time of impact.

2. Beachnut's image of the plane in flight is not really a solid proof of the angle of the wings in flight, because the plane is not levelled with the camera as it is in the ground pic, so it's not clear how much of the angle comes from the front view, and how much from top view; remember that the wings have an arrow shape in the top view. There's a bit of both due to the viewpoint, and it's hard to tell just from the picture how much each view contributes to the seen angle.
Sorry, but this is rubbish.

The leading edges of a KC-135 are gun-barrel straight from wing-roots to wingtips as seen when looking downward.



None, repeat none of the wing flex apparent in Beachnut's photo comes from the elevation of the front on view. In fact the higher the view angle from the front end, the LESS apparent any wing flex will appear, because then the straightness of the wing leading edge comes into play (imagine looking directly down on that KS-135, you would not see any wing flex at all).

If anything, the effect is the other way, if the viewing angle was lower, the apparent wing flex would appear even greater
__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th September 2022 at 12:31 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2022, 03:14 AM   #95
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster
 
cjnewson88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,741
Yikes.. never thought I'd see JREF put so much effort into debunking no-planer insanity...

But yes, as pointed out;

1. B767's have Dihedral wings.
2. Dihedral becomes much more pronounced in flight as lift causes the wings to flex upwards.
3. Dihedral becomes even more pronounced if the aircraft is turning, because in a turn the aircraft produces even more lift.
4. Your argument is invalid Steve, just like all your past ones. Drop it.
__________________
Common sense has clearly been snuck up on from behind beaten several times on the head and left to bleed.
For my complete compilation of evidence showing AAL77 hit the Pentagon -http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/
For my compilation of evidence for UAL93 - http://ual93.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2022, 09:31 AM   #96
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,521
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
A Global Hawk cruise missile? /s

I came to the JREF/ISF trying to understand what happened on 9/11. My head was full of foolish ideas and theories.

I read and read countless threads, pushed myself to try and see all sides. It took me a while but I gathered books, watched videos, tried to understand kinetic energy, building architecture, fail loads...

I learned about flight radar and some controlled demolition demonstrations.

All that stuff got filtered through my brain and it was decided.


Two planes filled with innocents hit the towers, one crashed in Pennsylvania and another struck the Pentagon.

And **** videos like this just piss me off now.

Well said, and well done!
__________________
A zÝmbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2022, 04:36 AM   #97
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,686
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Sorry, but this is rubbish.

The leading edges of a KC-135 are gun-barrel straight from wing-roots to wingtips as seen when looking downward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml1b9e80fr...135r.GIF?raw=1

None, repeat none of the wing flex apparent in Beachnut's photo comes from the elevation of the front on view. In fact the higher the view angle from the front end, the LESS apparent any wing flex will appear, because then the straightness of the wing leading edge comes into play (imagine looking directly down on that KS-135, you would not see any wing flex at all).

If anything, the effect is the other way, if the viewing angle was lower, the apparent wing flex would appear even greater
OK, you're talking about the bending, while I'm talking about the apparent angle.
Quote:
2. Beachnut's image of the plane in flight is not really a solid proof of the angle of the wings in flight, because the plane is not levelled with the camera as it is in the ground pic, so it's not clear how much of the angle comes from the front view [...]
I think we're both right. Yes, the upwards bending is visible (and it's downwards bending in the ground photo). But it's not obvious that the apparent angle e.g. from the base of the wing to the wingtip does all come from the flexure and it's hard to determine how much of it comes from each view.

Please read more carefully before saying that something is "rubbish".

Edit: By the way, there's no wing flex in your image that matches the impact damage with the plane.

Last edited by jimbob; 9th September 2022 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Fixing image as requested
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2022, 11:06 AM   #98
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 6,254
If only there was a video of a real missile striking a tall building...

... Oh wait, there is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ekA9skT7QQ

Thanks, Putin.

Seems like a big difference between a missile strike and a jumbo jet. You know, speed, contrail, and that warhead is nifty, but the impact zone doesn't erupt into flames...because the missile doesn't carry thousands of gallons of fuel.

Smoking gun, my petootie.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2022, 04:32 AM   #99
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,223
Heard a radio talking head claim the collapse was caused by crappy insulation associated with a Gotti family contractor.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2022, 11:13 AM   #100
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 6,254
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Heard a radio talking head claim the collapse was caused by crappy insulation associated with a Gotti family contractor.
That theory might have legs.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2022, 02:29 PM   #101
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,925
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
If only there was a video of a real missile striking a tall building...

... Oh wait, there is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ekA9skT7QQ

Thanks, Putin.

Seems like a big difference between a missile strike and a jumbo jet. You know, speed, contrail, and that warhead is nifty, but the impact zone doesn't erupt into flames...because the missile doesn't carry thousands of gallons of fuel.

Smoking gun, my petootie.
Sure. Sure. Bring reality into play. This is a Conspiracy Theories thread. Get with the program.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2022, 03:12 PM   #102
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,738
As usual, I was at our local memorial site. I will never forget but. have no interest in conspiracy theorist.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2022, 03:40 PM   #103
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18,093
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
As usual, I was at our local memorial site. I will never forget but. have no interest in conspiracy theorist.
That interest seems to have faded into oblivion everywhere.
I have done a brief scan of some of the old Twoofie activist websites to see whether any public events are planned for te anniversary. Found none. A sort of zoom call a couple of says ago was the most I found.

9/11 Truth - dead before reaching drinking age in some jurisdiction. Rest in Perpetual shame!
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2022, 07:03 AM   #104
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
That interest seems to have faded into oblivion everywhere.
I have done a brief scan of some of the old Twoofie activist websites to see whether any public events are planned for te anniversary. Found none. A sort of zoom call a couple of says ago was the most I found.

9/11 Truth - dead before reaching drinking age in some jurisdiction. Rest in Perpetual shame!
What, no rancorous crowds chanting "pull it", LOL.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 08:08 PM   #105
Animal
Master Poster
 
Animal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,097
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
That interest seems to have faded into oblivion everywhere.
I have done a brief scan of some of the old Twoofie activist websites to see whether any public events are planned for te anniversary. Found none. A sort of zoom call a couple of says ago was the most I found.

9/11 Truth - dead before reaching drinking age in some jurisdiction. Rest in Perpetual shame!
There were quite a few posting on The Gateway Pundit the other day.....true believers....no planers..... I have no tolerance for them.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 08:10 PM   #106
Animal
Master Poster
 
Animal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,097
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Heard a radio talking head claim the collapse was caused by crappy insulation associated with a Gotti family contractor.
The spray on insulation has been a problem for decades.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2022, 04:49 AM   #107
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,223
Sprinklers failed...
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:01 PM   #108
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:02 PM   #109
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:03 PM   #110
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:03 PM   #111
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:04 PM   #112
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:09 PM   #113
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 03:55 PM   #114
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 28,586
What's a 'television wing'?
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 08:23 PM   #115
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
TJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,800
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
What's a 'television wing'?
To be clarified by the follow-up thread: 9/11: The Smoking Bong
__________________
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 06:10 AM   #116
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Your direction of "FORCE" that the wing generates onto the building pieces is wrong. I believe that has been pointed out to you although you continue to post such nonsense.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 07:01 AM   #117
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,686
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Your direction of "FORCE" that the wing generates onto the building pieces is wrong. I believe that has been pointed out to you although you continue to post such nonsense.
The legend says "Direction of travel", anyway, not "Force", and that would be correct.

That doesn't make his nonsense any more credible anyway. He's ignoring factors such as the explosion of fuel that came after the impact, which could have pushed the cladding outwards, not to mention that it's entirely possible that that outcome resulted from the plane impact alone, no matter the counter-intuitive result.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 07:02 AM   #118
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,789
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Your direction of "FORCE" that the wing generates onto the building pieces is wrong. I believe that has been pointed out to you although you continue to post such nonsense.
I must have missed where you explained how the jet wing managed to cut the steel behind the aluminum sheeting but didn't cut the sheeting that covered the steel, and in fact, pushed it out in the opposite direction than the wing was traveling. That's one magic loogie!
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 07:08 AM   #119
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,686
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
I must have missed where you explained how the jet wing managed to cut the steel behind the aluminum sheeting but didn't cut the sheeting that covered the steel, and in fact, pushed it out in the opposite direction than the wing was traveling. That's one magic loogie!
See above. Fireballs are not magic.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 07:25 AM   #120
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,569
Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
The legend says "Direction of travel", anyway, not "Force", and that would be correct.

That doesn't make his nonsense any more credible anyway. He's ignoring factors such as the explosion of fuel that came after the impact, which could have pushed the cladding outwards, not to mention that it's entirely possible that that outcome resulted from the plane impact alone, no matter the counter-intuitive result.
The direction of travel is correct, the direction of force imparted from the wing to members of the building is not. It is the force imparted not the direction of travel that damages the building that is why I referenced force not travel direction.

Last edited by bknight; 21st September 2022 at 07:28 AM.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.