ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Reference » Book Reviews

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Comment
Influence
Influence
The Psychology of Pursuation.
Submitted by Senex
19th March 2018
Influence

Believe me, this book has made me not only a better prepared consumer, but a better prepared person when it comes to being manipulated. Sometimes you can tell you are being manipulated but you can't put your finger on it so you might let it go. Not after you read this book. You will be able to articulate the technique used on you (and there are only 6). This book is a fun read and arms you against unethical (and maybe even ethical) persuasion.

I stumbled on this book at the library one day knowing nothing about it. I was dumbfounded how much I learned and later I discovered this is the classic book on the subject.

I just looked up Cialdini and he has written much since this book. I haven't vetted them. I'm only vouching for this one.
Robert Cialdini
Comment

International Skeptics Forum » Reference » Book Reviews