IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , George Conway , PACs , republican party , Rick Wilson , steve schmidt , The Lincoln Project

Reply
Old 17th February 2021, 07:57 PM   #281
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'd call it gaslighting or promoting disgusting disinformation. This wild BS about Republicans who despise the lying POS Trump as pederasts is beneath anyone of half an intellect.

A second minor has accused disgraced Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver of sexual harassment, according to author Ryan Girdusky on Monday.


The political affiliation of the minor victims is yet to be determined.
__________________
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.Ē Ė Joe Biden October 24, 2020
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2021, 08:07 PM   #282
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Given the Trump fans who will lie about anything and everything, I'd take the accusations with a grain of salt.

Do you believe that Trump is a sexual predator? Why not? Over 20 woman accuse him of such.

But for argument sake, let's say you're right. This man is a pederast. Does that change a thing about Trump? Is Trump any less the lying POS that John Weaver and I say Trump is?

Why didn't you address the bullet list in my post?
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 12:06 AM   #283
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Given the Trump fans who will lie about anything and everything, I'd take the accusations with a grain of salt.

Do you believe that Trump is a sexual predator? Why not? Over 20 woman accuse him of such.

But for argument sake, let's say you're right. This man is a pederast. Does that change a thing about Trump? Is Trump any less the lying POS that John Weaver and I say Trump is?

Why didn't you address the bullet list in my post?
Bogative is just deflecting from the fact that Trump is a self-confessed sexual assaulter of women because, after all "when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 10:35 AM   #284
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Bogative is just deflecting from the fact that Trump is a self-confessed sexual assaulter of women because, after all "when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

The highlighted are mutually exclusive, but you knew that.
__________________
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.Ē Ė Joe Biden October 24, 2020
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 11:10 AM   #285
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Bogative is just deflecting from the fact that Trump is a self-confessed sexual assaulter of women because, after all "when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The highlighted are mutually exclusive, but you knew that.
No, they are not. Stacey's comment is redundant, but it is not mutually exclusive. There is a difference.

I'm wondering why you haven't addressed my bullet points? Is it that you don't care that a half a million Americans died from COVID? Many needlessly. Is it that you don't care about a "united" country? You don't care that Trump ****** up the economy? Or that you think it is ok to lie non-stop? Maybe you think that it is ok to incite a violent insurrection? That it is ok to kill cops and we should hang Mike Pence?

Seriously, why do you like Trump?
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 12:13 PM   #286
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,884
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Are Republicans now gloating about other Republicans being accused of being pedophiles?

What a glorious world we live in. Anybody want to grab some popcorn pizza with me?
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 12:30 PM   #287
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,114
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Are Republicans now gloating about other Republicans being accused of being pedophiles?

What a glorious world we live in. Anybody want to grab some popcorn pizza with me?

Yeah, "That guy who supported Republicans for decades is a pedophile, Suck it Libs!" seems like a weird flex.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 12:31 PM   #288
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyhs
Bogative is just deflecting from the fact that Trump is a self-confessed sexual assaulter of women because, after all "when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The highlighted are mutually exclusive, but you knew that.
Actually, it's not because "they let you do it" is a false premise. According to 26 women, they did not "let him do it". With Trump's well documented and extensive...very extensive... history of lying, only a fool would believe Trump's claim that all these women are lying and he's innocent. But then again, the world is full of fools.
.

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post

>snipped<

Seriously, why do you like Trump?
That is a question I'd like Bogative to give a serious answer to. Not a flippant, evasive, trollish, BS one: a serious one.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 01:06 PM   #289
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,884
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Yeah, "That guy who supported Republicans for decades is a pedophile, Suck it Libs!" seems like a weird flex.
So, now the GOP has been divided into three groups:

1. Pedophiles who hate Trump;
2. People who hate Ted Cruz; and
3. Ted Cruz.

Weird party.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 01:10 PM   #290
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,081
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Yeah, "That guy who supported Republicans for decades is a pedophile, Suck it Libs!" seems like a weird flex.
I think it's a weird case of extremely narrow focus and no capacity for long term memory.

If person A was a conservative Republican for decades and person B was a liberal Democrat for decades, that doesn't matter. All that matters is that in the last few months they both argued against Trump.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That is a question I'd like Bogative to give a serious answer to. Not a flippant, evasive, trollish, BS one: a serious one.
Considering his last avatar had an amazing display of both racism and misogyny I rather think the question answers itself.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hťlder C‚mara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 01:16 PM   #291
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That is a question I'd like Bogative to give a serious answer to. Not a flippant, evasive, trollish, BS one: a serious one.
Me too. But usually even when I hear a Trump supporter's serious answer, it usually amounts to some cliche or over-simplistic response. 10 words or less. "Drain the swamp", "Making America Great Again", "America First" etc.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:00 PM   #292
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
I think it's a weird case of extremely narrow focus and no capacity for long term memory.

If person A was a conservative Republican for decades and person B was a liberal Democrat for decades, that doesn't matter. All that matters is that in the last few months they both argued against Trump.



Considering his last avatar had an amazing display of both racism and misogyny I rather think the question answers itself.
Good points. Silly me for asking. I'll just blame it on AOC and Nancy Pelosi. Or maybe Antifa. I'm sure they had something to do with my asking.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:07 PM   #293
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,114
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Good points. Silly me for asking. I'll just blame it on AOC and Nancy Pelosi. Or maybe Antifa. I'm sure they had something to do with my asking.


Clearly they've brainwashed you into thinking people should have decent reasons for their political positions, and be able to explain those reasons in a clear manner.

Typical liberal move.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:16 PM   #294
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think the old GOP Is dead, replaced by a personality cult and an bunch of loons.
It reminds me of some London squats I knew back in the 70's and 80's. Like you say, tinpot gurus and loons, but at least there the sex and the drug-taking were more honest. Even when transactional.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:18 PM   #295
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Good points. Silly me for asking. I'll just blame it on AOC and Nancy Pelosi. Or maybe Antifa. I'm sure they had something to do with my asking.
There'll be an algorithm involved as well, mark my words.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:39 PM   #296
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
There'll be an algorithm involved as well, mark my words.
I'm sure "but her emails" and "Ben Ghazi" has to be included variants.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:42 PM   #297
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'm sure "but her emails" and "Ben Ghazi" has to be included variants.
Don't forget Hunter Biden's laptop.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:55 PM   #298
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'm sure "but her emails" and "Ben Ghazi" has to be included variants.
Just as Clinton was responsible for consular security in Benghazi, Pelosi is responsible for the Capitol's security. History rhyming again : only the demon has changed.

Algorithms are a new kind of demon. They rule our lives, you know. They even used one against Trump.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:56 PM   #299
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Don't forget Hunter Biden's laptop.
That was infested with algorithms.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:58 PM   #300
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Don't forget Hunter Biden's laptop.
You're right. That has to be there. How could I forget?
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 03:59 PM   #301
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,378
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Algorithms are a new kind of demon. They rule our lives, you know. They even used one against Trump.
Another good reason to distrust math and science.
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 04:18 PM   #302
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Me too. But usually even when I hear a Trump supporter's serious answer, it usually amounts to some cliche or over-simplistic response. 10 words or less. "Drain the swamp", "Making America Great Again", "America First" etc.

I ignored your list because it’s all been covered here many many times before and I don’t feel like wasting my time going through it all again. Why do I like Trump? I like Trump’s policies more than I like Trump himself, I guess I would have a beer with him but I’m not a Trumper and I definitely don’t worship him. This may come as a shock to you but I have no MAGA hats, bumper stickers, yard signs or any other type of Trump memorabilia etc. In fact, I have never purposely watched a MAGA rally, a press conference, a state of the union address, the announcement to run for president, the inauguration or farewell speech of Trump. With the exception of tuning in to watch two of his early coronavirus press conferences. Most of my Trump viewing, which is little, comes from video clips posted here from YouTube or other online media.

Some of Trump’s policies that I like:
He didn’t start any major wars and didn’t largely expand the ones we are already involved with.
The judges he appointed.
His attempt to curb illegal immigration.
The First Step act.
His push back against NATO members and their refusal to uphold their end of the treaty. Though I believe he should’ve went much, much further.
His attempt to level trade imbalance between the US and China.
His administration’s push to fight Chinese hegemony and influence in the United States, including the US education system.
His work to reduce medical cost including the FDA approving more generic drugs, forcing hospitals to make their prices known before treatment, Medicare reforms that prevented hospitals from overcharging patients prescription drugs, etc.
His funding of school choice and voucher programs.
Reforms at the VA including allowing crappy employees to be fired and the hotline set up for veterans to call if they had problems.

My favorite being his distain for and treatment of fake corporate news media.

There are many more but ain’t nobody got time for that.
__________________
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.Ē Ė Joe Biden October 24, 2020

Last edited by Bogative; 18th February 2021 at 04:23 PM.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 04:44 PM   #303
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Another good reason to distrust math and science.
And the postal service. Not for any particular reason, just giving Bogative something to mull over.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 04:51 PM   #304
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I ignored your list because itís all been covered here many many times before and I donít feel like wasting my time going through it all again. Why do I like Trump? I like Trumpís policies more than I like Trump himself, I guess I would have a beer with him but Iím not a Trumper and I definitely donít worship him. This may come as a shock to you but I have no MAGA hats, bumper stickers, yard signs or any other type of Trump memorabilia etc. In fact, I have never purposely watched a MAGA rally, a press conference, a state of the union address, the announcement to run for president, the inauguration or farewell speech of Trump. With the exception of tuning in to watch two of his early coronavirus press conferences. Most of my Trump viewing, which is little, comes from video clips posted here from YouTube or other online media.

Some of Trumpís policies that I like:
He didnít start any major wars and didnít largely expand the ones we are already involved with.
The judges he appointed.
His attempt to curb illegal immigration.
The First Step act.
His push back against NATO members and their refusal to uphold their end of the treaty. Though I believe he shouldíve went much, much further.
His attempt to level trade imbalance between the US and China.
His administrationís push to fight Chinese hegemony and influence in the United States, including the US education system.
His work to reduce medical cost including the FDA approving more generic drugs, forcing hospitals to make their prices known before treatment, Medicare reforms that prevented hospitals from overcharging patients prescription drugs, etc.
His funding of school choice and voucher programs.
Reforms at the VA including allowing crappy employees to be fired and the hotline set up for veterans to call if they had problems.

My favorite being his distain for and treatment of fake corporate news media.

There are many more but ainít nobody got time for that.
At least those are answers.

The First Step Act is like putting a bandaid on a wound that requires 100 stitches. More show than anything.

His pushback against NATO? He might as well as announced that the US is joining the Warsaw Pact.

The judges he appointed? You do realize that any Republican would likely have appointed similar judges.

His "attempt" to level trade with China? Not only ineffective, his policies were a disaster for American farmers. But ok, he tried.

Reforms at the VA? Don't make me laugh. The administration of the VA is worse than it has ever been.

Also, he did absolutely nothing to reduce the cost of prescription drugs. He always talked and talked and talked, but did absolutely NOTHING.

You can't be serious about China's hegemony and influence into our education system. What a load of horse ****. Lot of syllables but it is nonsense.

Love that your favorite is his disdain and treatment of the media. That is telling. He and now you call it FAKE. Reminds me of Lugenpresse. Trump told more than 30,000 falsehoods and it's the press that is fake.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 05:29 PM   #305
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
He didnít start any major wars and didnít largely expand the ones we are already involved with.
Not a typical Republican President, I'll give you that.
Quote:
The judges he appointed.
From a list he was handed, prepared some time ago.

Quote:
His push back against NATO members and their refusal to uphold their end of the treaty.
NATO members have upheld their end of the treaty, and you slander them by saying they haven't. Trump doesn't understand what the treaty is, any more than you do.
Quote:
Though I believe he shouldíve went much, much further.
But he was too weak. He should have fought like hell for what you want, but he didn't.

Quote:
His attempt to level trade imbalance between the US and China.
Failed, unsurprisingly.

Quote:
His administrationís push to fight Chinese hegemony and influence in the United States, including the US education system.
Too weird for words.
Quote:
His work to reduce medical cost including the FDA approving more generic drugs, forcing hospitals to make their prices known before treatment, Medicare reforms that prevented hospitals from overcharging patients prescription drugs, etc.
Fantasy.
Quote:
His funding of school choice and voucher programs.
Choose not to have your kid mix with the wrong sort, and get subsidised for it. Sugar and spice, no surprise you loved it.

Quote:
Reforms at the VA including allowing crappy employees to be fired and the hotline set up for veterans to call if they had problems.
More fantasy.

Quote:
My favorite being his distain for and treatment of fake corporate news media.
That's disdain, and they're not actually fake. That, again, is a fantasy.

Quote:
There are many more but ainít nobody got time for that.
Do tell. I'll give them a few minutes sometime.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 05:39 PM   #306
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I ignored your list because itís all been covered here many many times before and I donít feel like wasting my time going through it all again. Why do I like Trump? I like Trumpís policies more than I like Trump himself, I guess I would have a beer with him but Iím not a Trumper and I definitely donít worship him. This may come as a shock to you but I have no MAGA hats, bumper stickers, yard signs or any other type of Trump memorabilia etc. In fact, I have never purposely watched a MAGA rally, a press conference, a state of the union address, the announcement to run for president, the inauguration or farewell speech of Trump. With the exception of tuning in to watch two of his early coronavirus press conferences. Most of my Trump viewing, which is little, comes from video clips posted here from YouTube or other online media.

Some of Trumpís policies that I like:
He didnít start any major wars and didnít largely expand the ones we are already involved with.
The judges he appointed.
His attempt to curb illegal immigration.
The First Step act.
His push back against NATO members and their refusal to uphold their end of the treaty. Though I believe he shouldíve went much, much further.
His attempt to level trade imbalance between the US and China.
His administrationís push to fight Chinese hegemony and influence in the United States, including the US education system.
His work to reduce medical cost including the FDA approving more generic drugs, forcing hospitals to make their prices known before treatment, Medicare reforms that prevented hospitals from overcharging patients prescription drugs, etc.
His funding of school choice and voucher programs.
Reforms at the VA including allowing crappy employees to be fired and the hotline set up for veterans to call if they had problems.

My favorite being his distain for and treatment of fake corporate news media.

There are many more but ainít nobody got time for that.
You do realize his disdain for the "fake news media" was nothing more than a calculated and, naturally, self-serving tactic designed to manipulate the none- too-bright, don't you? As he told Lesley Stahl when she asked him in 2016 why he kept hammering the press:

'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'

And the none-too-bright fell for it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 05:44 PM   #307
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,063
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
There are many more but ainít nobody got time for that.
Out of interest, how do you rate the replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act he announced before his election, the one that was going to be "cheaper and better". Has it delivered as you expected?
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 05:49 PM   #308
CORed
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'm sure "but her emails" and "Ben Ghazi" has to be included variants.
More likely it will be all of Hunter Bidens's alleged shady dealings in various foreign countries (China, Ukraine and whatever others they can dream up), under the theory of guilt by parternity.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 06:04 PM   #309
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Out of interest, how do you rate the replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act he announced before his election, the one that was going to be "cheaper and better". Has it delivered as you expected?
I give him credit for answering. Still, I can't see that Trump did anything to make America better.

Contrary to Bogative's post.

Trump didn't improve the VA.
Trump didn't get pharmaceutical companies to lower prescription prices.

What he did do:
Was blow up the budget so he could give a trillion dollars to billionaires.
cause almost a half a million people to die of COVID.
Cause three times that many to have long lasting life altering health issues as a result of COVID.
Worsen the economy by ignoring, even mocking the seriousness of COVID.
Undermined our entire democracy and system of justice.
Undermined civility.

It is the last two issues I'll never forgive him for.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 06:08 PM   #310
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by CORed View Post
More likely it will be all of Hunter Bidens's alleged shady dealings in various foreign countries (China, Ukraine and whatever others they can dream up), under the theory of guilt by parternity.


Yeah, my father is responsible for that 16 year old I had sex with when I was in 10th grade. He knew nothing about it, but he's to blame.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 07:25 PM   #311
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump didn't get pharmaceutical companies to lower prescription prices.
I didn’t say that he did. But since you brought it up, he signed four executive orders to force the big pharmaceutical companies to sell their prescription drugs to the US government at the same price they sale them to other developed nations:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=722f711648b3

One of the first things the Biden administration did was put a hold on one of those executive orders. Not sure if that decision was a “**** Trump” gesture or a quid pro quo for his big Pharma donors. Time will tell.
__________________
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.Ē Ė Joe Biden October 24, 2020

Last edited by Bogative; 18th February 2021 at 07:28 PM.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2021, 07:44 PM   #312
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,564
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I didnít say that he did. But since you brought it up, he signed four executive orders to force the big pharmaceutical companies to sell their prescription drugs to the US government at the same price they sale them to other developed nations:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=722f711648b3

One of the first things the Biden administration did was put a hold on one of those executive orders. Not sure if that decision was a ď**** TrumpĒ gesture or a quid pro quo for his big Pharma donors. Time will tell.
Those Executive orders on prescription drugs had ZERO substantive effect. The pharmaceutical didn't change their business practices one iota.

It's easy to proclaim something that no one is going to enforce. See, Trump is a salesman who lies to his prospects without ever intending to deliver.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2021, 12:04 AM   #313
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,195
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I didnít say that he did. But since you brought it up, he signed four executive orders to force the big pharmaceutical companies to sell their prescription drugs to the US government at the same price they sale them to other developed nations:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=722f711648b3

One of the first things the Biden administration did was put a hold on one of those executive orders. Not sure if that decision was a ď**** TrumpĒ gesture or a quid pro quo for his big Pharma donors. Time will tell.
Neither:
Quote:

The claim: President Joe Biden is 'reversing' an executive order put into place by Donald Trump to reduce patient costs for insulin and epinephrine.

In July 2020, President Donald Trump signed four executive orders aimed at reining in prescription drug costs. One required that federally qualified health centers, which purchase insulin and epinephrine through what's called the 340B drug program, pass along any savings they receive from discounted drug prices to medically underserved patients.

The rule blocks health centers from receiving future federal grants unless they charge patients no more than their acquisition price for insulin and EpiPens ó epinephrine auto-injectors ó plus a small administration fee.

Rule implementation was delayed

Biden's White House chief of staff, Ronald Klain, announced a regulatory freeze of ďany new and pending rulesĒ as Biden took office on Jan. 20. The freeze on the insulin and epinephrine rule is effective until March 22.

According to Bloomberg Law, "A regulatory pause is a common tradition among incoming presidents to ensure that the unfinished policies from the prior administration align with the new one."

The National Association of Community Health Centers, among others, expressed support for the new administration's move, saying the Trump rule would not have lowered the cost of insulin and EpiPens for most Americans who use them, as advertised.

In a Jan. 25 statement, it also said the Trump rule reflected "a fundamental misunderstanding" of federally qualified health centers and the 340B drug program, placing extensive administrative burdens on them.

ďThe stated aim was to cut drug prices. However, it triggered alarm among safety net providers and bipartisan lawmakers because it would accomplish the opposite of what the Trump Administration intended ó ultimately making it harder for health centers to provide affordable life-saving services and prescription drugs ó especially during the pandemic,Ē the association said.

It pointed out that the only patients affected would be those using the health centers.

The overall prices of insulin and EpiPens across the country are not affected by the Trump administration regulation or the recent action by the Biden administration, the health center association said.


Our ruling: Missing context


We rate this claim about the Biden administration's action to be MISSING CONTEXT, based on our research. Some patients who use insulin and EpiPens ó the fraction who are served by federally qualified health centers ó may benefit from Trump's order, but others could suffer if it results in decreased access for the centers to the 340B drug discount program. Also, the freeze through March 22 does not represent final action on the program, so it's premature to call it a "reversal."

Last edited by Stacyhs; 19th February 2021 at 12:05 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.