IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , George Conway , PACs , republican party , Rick Wilson , steve schmidt , The Lincoln Project

Old 5th November 2020, 12:39 PM   #241
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Personally I wouldn't have minded if they were:

a) working on reforming the party from within the party, rather than defecting when they lost an election to an outsider, and

b) their idea of conservative reform was small government, state's rights, and social libertarianism rather than simply "vote Democrat this cycle!"
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 12:42 PM   #242
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Not even Republican voters want Republican career politicians.
More to the point of the Lincoln Project: We don't think Democrat career politicians are an upgrade.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 12:59 PM   #243
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Of course not.
At least Republican politicians usually don't eat babies.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 01:06 PM   #244
eerok
Quixoticist

Of course not.
At least Republican politicians usually don't eat babies.
That we know of.
Old 5th November 2020, 01:17 PM   #245
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

That's not the way I see it.

Trump managed to mobilize numbers of voters an establishment GOP candidate can not even dream of.
I think that they will keep the door open for Trump to run in 2024 whilst looking whether Tucker Carlson or another racist Demagogue wants to run.

Not even Republican voters want Republican career politicians.
While I would love for Trump to start his own party, because that would split off about 30-40% of GOP voters thus ensuring that would both be royally screwed in 2024, I agree with you that this is highly unlikely. For him to do so, Trump's prime consideration is money - it would have to be financially worthwhile.

Running for President is a money pit.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 01:22 PM   #246
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

a) working on reforming the party from within the party, rather than defecting when they lost an election to an outsider, and

b) their idea of conservative reform was small government, state's rights, and social libertarianism rather than simply "vote Democrat this cycle!"
They got an awful lot of liberals to send them money, and they still have all those followers on Twitter and Facebook, but what they don't have is the common enemy. Do they try to pull the Democrats rightward? I don't get any sense that's going to work; Biden was a bitter pill for the left to swallow (especially since they will convince themselves that Bernie would have done better). If anything I see the Democrats going leftward in 2024. It would be surprising not to see Biden primaried the next time around (assuming he lasts that long).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 01:41 PM   #247
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
While I would love for Trump to start his own party, because that would split off about 30-40% of GOP voters thus ensuring that would both be royally screwed in 2024, I agree with you that this is highly unlikely. For him to do so, Trump's prime consideration is money - it would have to be financially worthwhile.

Running for President is a money pit.
On the other hand, the only thing Trump is Willing to spend money on is his own fat ego.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2020, 01:51 PM   #248
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
On the other hand, the only thing Trump is Willing to spend money on is his own fat ego.
What a terrible character slur -- he only spends other people's money on that.
Old 5th November 2020, 02:28 PM   #249
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I never saw a Lincoln Project ad on TV, only the internet.

I imagine most republicans didn't even know they existed because I doubt the LP ads had much penetration into their consciousness. I never watched a GOP ad on the internet, why would a republican watch an LP ad.

It was a silly vanity project to make a few pissed off conservatives feel better about their conservatism as the rest of the party went full Trump. I'd put the impact close to zero.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 12:22 AM   #250
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The 'Project' continues to attack the worst Republicans even after Trump was defeated:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 12:24 AM   #251
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I never watched a GOP ad on the internet, why would a republican watch an LP ad.

Because you sent them a link to one?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 01:05 AM   #252
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by dann View Post
The 'Project' continues to attack the worst Republicans even after Trump was defeated:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Trump was defeated, but Perdue faces a run-off for his senate seat in January.
Old 9th November 2020, 05:18 AM   #253
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I am aware of that. But even though the 'Project' has been attacking individual Republicans running for Senate, Lindsey Graham, for instance:

I AGREE

I AGREE

I had expected them to stop after the presidential election was over.
But it makes sense to continue to go after Trump supporters.
Old 9th November 2020, 06:11 AM   #254
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I had expected them to stop after the presidential election was over.
But it makes sense to continue to go after Trump supporters.

What they really need to do is start telling the GOP voters that Biden really did win a fair election, and they need to stop all the "fraud" nonsense if they want the GOP to ever be relevant again.

Because it's a certainty that those voters won't listen to anyone else.
Old 9th November 2020, 09:22 AM   #255
dann
Penultimate Amazing

That is what they're counting on!
Old 12th November 2020, 11:24 AM   #256
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I don't know why people take this adage to task so much.

The whole point is that when you're trying to defeat your enemy, you might want to have their enemies as allies. It's as simple as that. Being unwilling to do so can easily result in defeat. Once you've dealt with the first enemy, of course, there's no reason to continue to be allies. The adage doesn't mean that you should become like your enemy's enemies.
Perfect example being the Soviet Union. The USA's "friendship" with them lasted about two microseconds after Japan surrendered [/hyperbole].

Last edited by CORed; 12th November 2020 at 11:25 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2020, 11:35 AM   #257
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

Can't reform the party when Trump is in the way and every top Republican is kissing his ass and every little perceived slight against Trump is taken as disloyalty. That's kind of a big deal. The Lincoln Project was born out of a need to combat that.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 11:00 AM   #258
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The Lincoln Project has definitely fallen on hard times. First, one of their founders was accused of abusing his position to harass young men sexually:

Quote:
Weaver continued harassing Johnson at the Lincoln Project: “Are you top, bottom, versa?” he wrote in one message shortly after Johnson started.

“His messages never stopped,” Johnson said. “And I would play along, just to be nice. Because I knew, I mean, he’s important. Like he has the strings. And we operate in the same kind of political culture of being ‘Never Trumpers.’”

Johnson said he didn’t tell Lincoln Project management about Weaver, fearing retribution if he accused one of the company’s co-founders of harassment. “I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, if I say something wrong, they’re gonna let me go or get rid of me,’” Johnson said.

While Johnson didn’t know it then, the Lincoln Project had already been told Weaver was preying on young men in and outside the company.
Other founders have claimed they did not know this was going on (and oddly, in one tweet claimed that none of their members had ever been in Weaver's presence). However, this claim is undercut by the revelation that six former LP staffers are requesting to be released from Non-Disclosure Agreements they signed. And just to add a little cherry on top, another former founder of the LP has quit and the LP decided to go nuclear on her, claiming she tried to extort a higher salary. They also posted DMs from the former founder's twitter account to a reporter who was working on the LP, in apparent violation of federal law.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 11:20 AM   #259
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

This is the break the Trump campaign has been waiting for!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 11:36 AM   #260
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
This is the break the Trump campaign has been waiting for!
Just looks normal to me, GOP group that turned on something they helped create turns on itself
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2021, 10:41 AM   #261
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I never saw a Lincoln Project ad on TV, only the internet.

I imagine most republicans didn't even know they existed because I doubt the LP ads had much penetration into their consciousness. I never watched a GOP ad on the internet, why would a republican watch an LP ad.

It was a silly vanity project to make a few pissed off conservatives feel better about their conservatism as the rest of the party went full Trump. I'd put the impact close to zero.
I heard an interview of one of their lead campaign managers. Most of what we saw (at least here in the DMV) was targeted at one person. The point was to push him to be more distrustful and more unhinged. I'm not sure it worked or how you'd figure out a measure of success.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2021, 06:11 PM   #262
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The Lincoln Project has definitely fallen on hard times. First, one of their founders was accused of abusing his position to harass young men sexually:

Other founders have claimed they did not know this was going on (and oddly, in one tweet claimed that none of their members had ever been in Weaver's presence). However, this claim is undercut by the revelation that six former LP staffers are requesting to be released from Non-Disclosure Agreements they signed. And just to add a little cherry on top, another former founder of the LP has quit and the LP decided to go nuclear on her, claiming she tried to extort a higher salary. They also posted DMs from the former founder's twitter account to a reporter who was working on the LP, in apparent violation of federal law.
I think the old GOP Is dead, replaced by a personality cult and an bunch of loons.
Jusy look at the GOP on your home state of Arizona.
You are blaming the LP for the GOP breakup, You need to look elsewhere.
Sorry, bu tthe GOP you grew up in is dead and gone. Sooner you face reality about this the better.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2021, 06:25 PM   #263
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

So what you are saying is that Republicans are a bunch of sanctimonious hypocrites whether they are in the "For Trump Train" or in the "Against Trump Train". OMG! Who would have ever guessed that.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2021, 08:36 PM   #264
portlandatheist
Illuminator

I think the old GOP Is dead, replaced by a personality cult and an bunch of loons.
Jusy look at the GOP on your home state of Arizona.
You are blaming the LP for the GOP breakup, You need to look elsewhere.
Sorry, bu tthe GOP you grew up in is dead and gone. Sooner you face reality about this the better.
Along similar lines, the Oregon GOP made a statement that the capital riots were a false flag. It is an odd spectacle to see these radical populists call Cheney a "RINO".
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 12:22 AM   #265
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
Along similar lines, the Oregon GOP made a statement that the capital riots were a false flag. It is an odd spectacle to see these radical populists call Cheney a "RINO".
It's hard to imagine that the Oregon GOP, that produced Tom McCall, Mark Hatfield and Vic Atiyeh is ever coming back.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 12:25 AM   #266
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Both the "anti-Trump" and the "only-Trump" Splitters of the GOP will remain insignificant compare to the traditional "we don't give a ****" GOP.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 05:37 AM   #267
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I heard an interview of one of their lead campaign managers. Most of what we saw (at least here in the DMV) was targeted at one person. The point was to push him to be more distrustful and more unhinged. I'm not sure it worked or how you'd figure out a measure of success.
T**** was convincingly not re-elected. 100% success, regardless of why.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 01:46 PM   #268
Tero
Master Poster

I've analyzed the two Nebraska senators:
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/202...ur-closet.html

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 01:51 PM   #269
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

So it is not enough to oppose Trump, you must renounce all conservative beleifs and become a "Progressive?".That is the vibe I am really getting here.
yeah, being skeptical that huge government programs are the answer to every problem is so evil.....
I depise Trump, and think the Current GOP is doomed, but do not like the idea of a One Party State even if the Party is Democratic.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th February 2021, 02:04 PM   #270
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

So it is not enough to oppose Trump, you must renounce all conservative beleifs and become a "Progressive?".That is the vibe I am really getting here.
yeah, being skeptical that huge government programs are the answer to every problem is so evil.....
I depise Trump, and think the Current GOP is doomed, but do not like the idea of a One Party State even if the Party is Democratic.
If only there was a unified compassionate conservative party to ensure there was strong debate and review before programs were launched... Ah, dreams!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2021, 03:53 PM   #271
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's hard to imagine that the Oregon GOP, that produced Tom McCall, Mark Hatfield and Vic Atiyeh is ever coming back.
RINOS!
Old 14th February 2021, 04:42 PM   #272
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You can be anything you want. Smart political parties are inclusive of differing opinions.

Don't mind me though if I believe that it is necessary for the health of everyone that we share the economic pie more equitably. That the government urges growth and spends more on infrastructure.
Old 14th February 2021, 04:56 PM   #273
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

You don't need to renounce them. There are other options, depending on how much work you, personally, are willing to do.

You could, as others have mentioned, actually get out there and help start a new conservative party that isn't beholden to the Trumpist conspiracy theory party. There's several different flavors of such a party you could try, depending on exactly which "conservative" policies you want to hold on to.

Sure, this would require a lot of work, and in the process of building up such a party, you're likely to lose several election cycles in a row, but that's the price you pay for letting Trump and his ilk ruin the GOP.

Or, you could just put those policies on the backburner for an election cycle or two, and vote Democratic until someone else does the hard work of building a new party you actually want to support. You might not like this option because of your irrational fears about the Democratic party suddenly going Full Trump on you, but sometimes you have to take a risk in order to save your ******* country.

Frankly, the notion that the Democrats will finally get their act together enough to actually even try to become a "one party state" any time in the next decade is so irrational, you're either being disingenuous, or you need to get your head out of your ass. Coming off a huge win against Trump, in the middle of a pandemic-induced economic disaster, they're still arguing over $1400 vs. $2000 as an economic stimulus. This is not the party that's going to agree on opening gulags any time soon.
Old 14th February 2021, 05:26 PM   #274
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

No one is saying that at all, but the issue is that the current conservative party is so invested with Trumpism and white nationalism that anyone that supports it quickly starts having that rub off on them. The fact is that the GOP has been given a number of golden opportunities to excise the cancer that is Trumpism and White Nationalism from their ranks, and instead of doing so, each time they have moved to further embrace it. That makes them complicit.

So as noted, you want to be a conservative, that's fine, but you're going to either have to figure out how to do one of two really hard things...

1) Cleanse the GOP of the cancer that is Trumpish, White Nationalism, and Qanon. Restore compassion and morality to the party, and eliminate the utter hypocrisy that abides in it currently.

2) Start a new conservative party that stands for compassion and morality, conservatism without the hypocrisy, racism, homophobia, and transphobia.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2021, 04:24 PM   #275
Egg
Graduate Poster

I have a hard time seeing what the current Republican party has to offer at this point. It doesn't seem to be sustainable to keep running on smearing the opposition with lies and fear and relying on propaganda to pretend that some of the biggest problems facing the nation aren't real, while trying to scrape just enough of a margin from racists, party-loyalists, and a coalition of the crazies to keep some power through voter suppression and gerrymandering.

Without Trump, there's a real danger of losing some of the racists and crazies so I guess it's not surprising that they're clinging on to his legacy.

There's is probably room for a new party in US politics at the moment and it might need to be a move away from the set liberal/conservative paradigm, so I don't know if it would quite fit traditional Republicans reforming something, but I think it would need to stand for something and be offering solutions to genuine issues.

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2021, 05:48 PM   #276
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Yahoo: Majority of Republican voters support forming new third party, poll finds
Quote:
More than half of Republican voters think the US needs a new mainstream third party, according to a recent poll.

A recently released Gallup poll found that there has been a surge among Republican voters who think the US needs a new third party to better represent Americans' interests.

According to the poll, between 63 and 70 per cent of Republicans supported a new party. In September, only 40 per cent of Republicans shared that view.
At first glance one would think these were the sane Republicans wanting to dump Trump. After all there is a reference to "mainstream". But no, it's the other way around.

Quote:
The results appear to be a direct response to Donald Trump's defeat in the 2020 US election and the perception by his supporters that Republicans did not do enough to advance his false claims that his loss was the result of massive voter fraud....

In addition to wanting a new party, 68 per cent of Republicans said they would prefer Mr Trump to continue leading the party, and most wanted the Republican party to become more conservative.

And some might be going ahead already:
Quote:
... Trump voters from several Republican states are breaking off and forming "Patriot parties" to reflect their loyalty to the former president above all else.

On the sane side:
Quote:
Reuters reported that more than 120 Republicans met virtually last week to discuss the potential formation of a centre-right third party to counter Mr Trump's far-right wing political movement in the US. However, several prominent Republicans, including Rep Liz Cheney, told the outlet that such a move would be untenable following the discussion.
Still afraid that they need the Trump base to survive. IOW they would rather have these extremists running their party than risk the Democrats winning the next election.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 16th February 2021 at 05:57 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2021, 07:07 PM   #277
Egg
Graduate Poster

Oh? An ultra-authoritarian, crony-capitalistic, make-your-own-reality, oligarchic white nationalist party?

The next election would essentially be a referendum on whether the US should just adopt Putin's government model.

ETA - oh wait... maybe we just had that election?

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer

Last edited by Egg; 16th February 2021 at 07:20 PM.
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2021, 10:40 AM   #278
Bogative
Graduate Poster

I'd like to request a thread title change to more accurately reflect the group being discussed.

How about "The Lincoln Homosexual & Pederasty Grooming Project"?

Or maybe "The Lincoln Never-Trump & Deviant Sexual Behavior Project"?

Just spit balling here.
Old 17th February 2021, 06:19 PM   #279
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I'd like to request a thread title change to more accurately reflect the group being discussed.

Just spit balling here.
I'm glad they wanted until after the fall of Trump to start unravelling. Maybe they can reform around 2024 if another Trump-esque wannabe dictator runs for office, which they probably will.

Originally Posted by Egg View Post
The next election would essentially be a referendum on whether the US should just adopt Putin's government model.
The US just had a referendum on whether it should try to remain a democracy, or allow Trump to turn it into a far-right dictatorship. IMO referendums should ideally be a once-in-a-generation thing.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 17th February 2021 at 06:21 PM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2021, 06:54 PM   #280
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post

Just spit balling here.
I'd call it gaslighting or promoting disgusting disinformation. This wild BS about Republicans who despise the lying POS Trump as pederasts is beneath anyone of half an intellect.

What makes someone think Trump is good for anything?
  • 30,000 plus lies in 4 years.
  • Betrayed his oath.
  • Mangled the COVID response.
  • Promoted racism and worked non-stop to divide America.
  • Promoted violence before he was elected.
  • Said he was going to build a wall across our Southern border. Built less than 5 miles, but spent 30 billion dollars taken from the military.
  • Said Mexico would pay for it. They didn't.
  • Said he would replace Obamacare with something better. 5 years later, he still hasn't told us what would be better.
  • Said he was going to be the "infrastructure President". Did absolutely nothing to address the infrastructure problems.
  • Said he was going to bring back coal jobs. Yet the downward spiral of Coal jobs continues.
  • Promoted conspiracy theories and a violent insurrection.
This is just a start.

But feel free to tell us what Trump did that was good. I can think of only one thing. Maybe two.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics