IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Reply
Old 16th November 2020, 09:06 AM   #161
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Guede hasn't demanded the parents accompany him to Meredith's grave. Unilke Knox and Sollecito he has expressed remorse and apologised. OK to a parent of a murder victim, that maybe worth zippo but at least he has not harassed them.

Arline Kercher AIUI was born in Lahore, Pakistan. Do you believe her life mattered? Or do you agree with Trump that only German lives matter (40% of Americans like himself and Knox being of German descent). So of course Knox gets the financial support but not the victim's parents.

As Arline Kercher believed Knox was responsible for her daughter's death and you have expressed your dismissive opinion of her belief, can I ask why you went to visit her grave, given your lack of respect for her?
I don't recall Guede ever apologizing or expressing remorse for murdering Meredith. What he has done is blame others for his hideous act of violence as he minimizes his role to nothing more than someone who didn't do all they could to help the victim. I find it unsurprising that a Guede apologist would see things this way yet I do still find it rather disgusting.

Amanda never harassed the Kerchers. She expressed a desire to meet with them, to speak to them about their daughter, to visit Meredith's grave and be able to grieve for her. There is nothing improper with any of this, and as she respected the wishes of the family and stayed away, I'd be interested to know exactly when and how Amanda "harassed" them.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 10:21 AM   #162
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I don't recall Guede ever apologizing or expressing remorse for murdering Meredith. What he has done is blame others for his hideous act of violence as he minimizes his role to nothing more than someone who didn't do all they could to help the victim. I find it unsurprising that a Guede apologist would see things this way yet I do still find it rather disgusting.

Amanda never harassed the Kerchers. She expressed a desire to meet with them, to speak to them about their daughter, to visit Meredith's grave and be able to grieve for her. There is nothing improper with any of this, and as she respected the wishes of the family and stayed away, I'd be interested to know exactly when and how Amanda "harassed" them.
I am not a Guede apologist. However, he did the crime and he has been properly dealt with. What more can be done in that case?

Knox playing cat and mouse with the parents of her victim is the real disgusting behaviour.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 10:24 AM   #163
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,924
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I don't recall Guede ever apologizing or expressing remorse for murdering Meredith. What he has done is blame others for his hideous act of violence as he minimizes his role to nothing more than someone who didn't do all they could to help the victim. I find it unsurprising that a Guede apologist would see things this way yet I do still find it rather disgusting.

Amanda never harassed the Kerchers. She expressed a desire to meet with them, to speak to them about their daughter, to visit Meredith's grave and be able to grieve for her. There is nothing improper with any of this, and as she respected the wishes of the family and stayed away, I'd be interested to know exactly when and how Amanda "harassed" them.
None of this is a mystery when one comes to the conclusion about the main agenda of guilter-world.

The intent of both PMF websites (.net and .org, now defunct) as well as TJMK, as well as the campaign here on JREF/ISF has never been to lift up the memory of a young woman whose life was horribly shortened by Rudy Guede....

It has been to vilify one Seattleite, and use lies and exaggerations to make the case that that one Seattleite deserves scorn. The strange thing is that the case they try to make is that that Seattleite is deserving of the scorn no matter what you believe about the facts of the 2007 murder.

Amanda Knox goes to her first Hallowe'en back in Seattle dressed as a soccer player, and she gets shamed for "harassing the Kerchers". Why? The tabloids confuse the soccer player costume with a cat burglar!!!! And on and on and on and on and on..... unto the 31st Continuation of this thread - the majority of the Continuations being made after the March 2015 acquittals!

The need to shame eclipses even exonerations!
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 10:26 AM   #164
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,924
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am not a Guede apologist. However, he did the crime and he has been properly dealt with. What more can be done in that case?

Knox playing cat and mouse with the parents of her victim is the real disgusting behaviour.
Even more disgusting than Guede murdering their daughter? What's the matter with you?
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 16th November 2020 at 10:49 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 11:43 AM   #165
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am not a Guede apologist. However, he did the crime and he has been properly dealt with. What more can be done in that case?

Knox playing cat and mouse with the parents of her victim is the real disgusting behaviour.
You refuse to admit Guede killed Meredith. Further, he has never accepted responsibility for killing Meredith, he has never apologized for it nor has he ever expressed remorse for doing so yet you keep claiming he has. THAT makes you a Guede apologist.

I asked you when and how Amanda harassed Meredith's parents. She expressed her feelings while honoring the request of the family. That is NOT playing cat and mouse. I realize you tend to twist everything to suit your anti-Amanda rhetoric but surely you can do better than this.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 11:44 AM   #166
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
I received this reply to my last email to Mitcham Rd. Cemetery:
Quote:
Our records are taken from official paperwork therefore Arlene would have been taken from the green certificate (or coroner’s order) for cremation or burial and we can only record as that.

Would you be able to provide the name of the member of staff please who gave the information as we will need to ensure they are corrected?

Thanks.
Kind regards

Polly Reynolds
Bereavement Services Advisor
Residents and Gateway
Croydon Cemeteries &
Crematorium Office
Mitcham Road
Croydon, CR9 3AT

020 8684 3877
Ext. 16120
I replied:

"I’m sorry but she does not remember the name of the person she spoke to as it was on Sept. 14. I do not know why the coroner’s paperwork would have written it as “Arlene”. All references to her in the media and in her own husband’s book, ‘Meredith’, spelled it “Arline”. I suspect whoever typed the coroner’s certificate made an error. Thank you again for you help."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:17 PM   #167
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Even more disgusting than Guede murdering their daughter? What's the matter with you?
All of the legitimate courts ruled there were multiple attackers. This is a fact found based on solid evidence.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:18 PM   #168
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As you know, Arline Kercher did not consider Knox innocent. She is quoted as saying that her daughter Meredith was killed because she was everything that Knox was not. She also said of the conviction:
That's because all she knew about Amanda was what she was told or what she read in the media. What else would you expect her to think about someone she thought killed her daughter?

Quote:
Arline Kercher cited a line in a story she read about the murder, saying, "I think it happened to Meredith because she was all that they weren't."
The families of people later exonerated of crimes often continue to think those people are guilty because they are so emotionally invested that they cannot bring themselves to believe otherwise.

Quote:
The role of victim families is highlighted in news coverage of Rolando Cruz's case, one of the best-known exoneration cases. Cruz was convicted of the Jeanine Nicarico's murder in 1983 and was exonerated in 1995. Yet the victim's parents of the victim remained so convinced of Cruz's guilt that they helped defend police officers and prosecutors who were indicted for “conspiring to deny justice” to Cruz in a lawsuit following his exoneration.

The Nicaricos continued to believe in Cruz's guilt even after another man, Brian Dugan, confessed to the crime, and after recanted testimony and DNA evidence in the Cruz case became widely known. As the Chicago Sun-Times noted, “[The Nicaricos] also say they now accept that another man, Brian Dugan, was involved – as Dugan has reportedly confessed. But the Nicarico's say they believe Dugan acted with other defendants, even though a state police probe could find no link between them.”

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
So do you mind my asking why you were so keen to keep contacting the cemetery given your hostile attitude towards the Kerchers?
LOL! I do so love watching you work, Vix! You're nothing if not entertaining.
"Hostile to the Kerchers"........Bwaaaahaaahaaaaahaaaa!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:23 PM   #169
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
DaveBB, I fixed your post as it looked like Vix's post was part of yours. Thanks for the nice words. Yes, her posts were very predictable. Vixen says she lives in Finland now. But I take that with a grain of salt, too.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I don't remember discussing my affairs with you or asking for your approval.

If you recall you were told weeks ago that Arline had died and that it was from a reliable source.
You didn't discuss your affairs with me...but your location under your avatar says "Suomi". Is that not Finnish for Finland? Why would you need my approval for anything? I don't need yours. I find your comment very perplexing.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:56 PM   #170
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Vixen, you have a great deal of trouble interpreting what you read without injecting your extreme bias into it. For example, you describe this as Amanda "jeering, complaining, and confronting (the Kerchers)" when it is anything but that. It is, in fact, the exact opposite of how you describe it. This is what fascinates me.

Quote:
She said: 'Contact the Kerchers? I haven't yet tried. There is this abyss of pain that separates us, that has grown during the trial, I haven't had the courage to cross it. Millions of times I've thought about it and millions of times in my own way I haven't done it because I am scared that they will think it a legal strategy or a media one.

'I don't want them to think of me like that. I read what they said about the trial, about Meredith. I've read John Kercher's (Meredith's father) book. I was absorbed and annihilated by the trial, by prison.

'I still don't have the strength to cry, to digest the loss of Meredith. I would like to meet them, one day I would like to go with them to the grave of my friend.

'I don't want to impose myself on their pain, I hope that I can meet them halfway, even if for now it is too early, they still think I am guilty and that is something that hurts me a great deal.'
You say that Amanda "demanded" the Kerchers accompany her to Meredith's grave. How is saying "one day I would like to go with them to the grave of my friend" a demand? This is a classic Vixen misrepresentation.

You claim that Guede "expressed remorse and apologised". Again, a classic Vixen misrepresentation. His expression of remorse and his apology was not for what he had actually done but for his bald faced lie of 'not having saved her'.

Your lack of intellectual honesty is shocking.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 01:02 PM   #171
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,924
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All of the legitimate courts ruled there were multiple attackers. This is a fact found based on solid evidence.
Ah, er, no.

"Multiple attackers" became a judicial fact at a fast-track trial, "fast-track" referring to a regular trial with the evidence phase missing.

Other courts, therefore, had to bake this judicial fact into their rulings, with no actual cross-examind evidence available in the record. Indeed, the Hellmann court in acquitting the pair, made no comment on it, writing that it was his responsibility to only rule on AK's and/or RS's involvement in the crime.

As you know, he acquitted them and left the adjacent "judicial fact" of multiple attackers uncommented upon.

Which makes it strange that guilter-nutters continue to reverse engineer the judicial fact to mean that it also means that AK and/or RS must have been included in the "multiple".

It's the equivalent to the slut-shaming that goes on, as if the slut-shaming substitutes for actual evidence which is lacking.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 16th November 2020 at 01:05 PM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 01:23 PM   #172
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All of the legitimate courts ruled there were multiple attackers. This is a fact found based on solid evidence.
Are you saying there were "illegitimate" courts? Let me guess: the acquitting courts were bent, bought off by the US government, Masons, mafia, blah, blah, blah....

What "solid evidence" exactly puts multiple attackers in Meredith's bedroom or even in the cottage? I'd love to see it because the prosecution never presented any. I can only assume you have some that they didn't?





Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:10 PM   #173
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am not a Guede apologist. However, he did the crime and he has been properly dealt with. What more can be done in that case?

Knox playing cat and mouse with the parents of her victim is the real disgusting behaviour.


Who is Knox's "victim"? Remind me.


(And duplicitous goalpost shifting on the Guede apology (or not) issue also. Well done - even for you, getting two lies and misdirections into such a short post is impressive.)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:20 PM   #174
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All of the legitimate courts ruled there were multiple attackers. This is a fact found based on solid evidence.


No. And no. Other than that, a superb and factually-immaculate post.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:30 PM   #175
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,924
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
No. And no. Other than that, a superb and factually-immaculate post.
There is a reason why Vixen cannot present this "solid evidence" of multiple attackers. First - evidence was never presented in court. Never.

That did not stop judges from referring to it, though. (Yes, I meant it to sound like they knowingly wrote about non-existent evidence.) They just surmised it must have been that way....

.... all while numerous experts themselves surmised that there was no real reason why this murder had to have have multiple attackers.

Yet here we are, 13 years after the fact and 5 1/2 years after their acquittal still reading about the "evidence for it being solid".

Surmise and repeat. Allege and repeat.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:49 PM   #176
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
There is a reason why Vixen cannot present this "solid evidence" of multiple attackers. First - evidence was never presented in court. Never.

That did not stop judges from referring to it, though. (Yes, I meant it to sound like they knowingly wrote about non-existent evidence.) They just surmised it must have been that way....

.... all while numerous experts themselves surmised that there was no real reason why this murder had to have have multiple attackers.

Yet here we are, 13 years after the fact and 5 1/2 years after their acquittal still reading about the "evidence for it being solid".

Surmise and repeat. Allege and repeat.


The simple (and sole) reason why the Guede fast-track-based trial process concluded that there were multiple attackers was this:

Both the prosecution and the defence in Guede's trial had argued that there were multiple attackers.

And why did this occur? Well in fact, the prosecution and the defence in Guede's trial had each had entirely different reasons for wanting to argue for multiple attackers in Guede's trial.

The prosecution had wanted (in fact needed) the court to find for multiple attackers because the prosecution had Knox and Sollecito in custody and awaiting trial for the same crime(s).

The defence had wanted (in fact, needed) to convince the court of the multiple-attacker scenario because the entire defence case was based upon Guede just happening to have been in the cottage when these other attackers came in and murdered Kercher.

So actually there was no other verdict - in respect of whether Guede had acted alone or had been one of multiple attackers - that the court of first instance ever could have arrived at. Especially given that it was a fast-track trial with very little evidence in depth being presented/argued.

And once the first-instance court had reached that verdict, there was easily sufficient proof of Guede's guilt to ensure that the guilty verdict would be affirmed at both the appeal court and the supreme court levels. There therefore was no reason how/why the issue of "multiple attackers" could/would ever have come under any further scrutiny at those appeal levels either. And thus did the "multiple attacker" myth, as it pertained to Guede's verdict (alone), get signed off by the Supreme Court........
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 04:19 PM   #177
Methos
Muse
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 816
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
BTW, where is True Vengeance for Amanda Knox these days? Did they not put enough money in the meter?
Still there.
Adding “Duper’s Delight” To Knox’s Numerous Menacing Symptoms
Looks like only the "Front page" is "gone" at the moment... (apparently unnoticed by PQ )

Funny sidenote: despite the front page being not accessible at the moment, the "counter" on TJMK tells us that there are "Now on this page 206 "
__________________
"Found a typo? You can keep it..."
Methos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:09 AM   #178
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That's because all she knew about Amanda was what she was told or what she read in the media. What else would you expect her to think about someone she thought killed her daughter?



The families of people later exonerated of crimes often continue to think those people are guilty because they are so emotionally invested that they cannot bring themselves to believe otherwise.






LOL! I do so love watching you work, Vix! You're nothing if not entertaining.
"Hostile to the Kerchers"........Bwaaaahaaahaaaaahaaaa!
Stop being in denial and being dismissive of Arline Kercher. This poor woman attended the trial, including the in camera autopsy hearing, together with being briefed by her counsel of ALL of the evidence. How dare you claim her views are worthless whilst you a keyboard observer pin all your glory on a convicted and known liar?
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:21 AM   #179
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You didn't discuss your affairs with me...but your location under your avatar says "Suomi". Is that not Finnish for Finland? Why would you need my approval for anything? I don't need yours. I find your comment very perplexing.
You wrote:

Quote:
DaveBB, I fixed your post as it looked like Vix's post was part of yours. Thanks for the nice words. Yes, her posts were very predictable. Vixen says she lives in Finland now. But I take that with a grain of salt, too
Now please explain what you mean by your disgusting remark directed for the amusement of the general public.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:27 AM   #180
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Who is Knox's "victim"? Remind me.


(And duplicitous goalpost shifting on the Guede apology (or not) issue also. Well done - even for you, getting two lies and misdirections into such a short post is impressive.)
As you have been told, the criminal law courts have determined it is an indisputable fact that there was more than one attacker. See for example Micheli who said it was elegantly proven and beyond dispute. For some reason, you and Amanda Knox fans live in denial of this fact and as rubber stamped by the final Marasca/Bruno court.

I am sure that you can think of all sorts of 'alternative explanations' but I am afraid the law courts deal with facts not the fantasies of people who prefer to claim 'the black guy did it all by himself'.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:34 AM   #181
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
The simple (and sole) reason why the Guede fast-track-based trial process concluded that there were multiple attackers was this:

Both the prosecution and the defence in Guede's trial had argued that there were multiple attackers.

And why did this occur? Well in fact, the prosecution and the defence in Guede's trial had each had entirely different reasons for wanting to argue for multiple attackers in Guede's trial.

The prosecution had wanted (in fact needed) the court to find for multiple attackers because the prosecution had Knox and Sollecito in custody and awaiting trial for the same crime(s).

The defence had wanted (in fact, needed) to convince the court of the multiple-attacker scenario because the entire defence case was based upon Guede just happening to have been in the cottage when these other attackers came in and murdered Kercher.

So actually there was no other verdict - in respect of whether Guede had acted alone or had been one of multiple attackers - that the court of first instance ever could have arrived at. Especially given that it was a fast-track trial with very little evidence in depth being presented/argued.

And once the first-instance court had reached that verdict, there was easily sufficient proof of Guede's guilt to ensure that the guilty verdict would be affirmed at both the appeal court and the supreme court levels. There therefore was no reason how/why the issue of "multiple attackers" could/would ever have come under any further scrutiny at those appeal levels either. And thus did the "multiple attacker" myth, as it pertained to Guede's verdict (alone), get signed off by the Supreme Court........
Yeah. The Italians, one of the most right wing countries in Europe is now suddenly championing one of their hated African immigrants. Pull the other leg.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:48 AM   #182
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Ah, er, no.

"Multiple attackers" became a judicial fact at a fast-track trial, "fast-track" referring to a regular trial with the evidence phase missing.

Other courts, therefore, had to bake this judicial fact into their rulings, with no actual cross-examind evidence available in the record. Indeed, the Hellmann court in acquitting the pair, made no comment on it, writing that it was his responsibility to only rule on AK's and/or RS's involvement in the crime.

As you know, he acquitted them and left the adjacent "judicial fact" of multiple attackers uncommented upon.

Which makes it strange that guilter-nutters continue to reverse engineer the judicial fact to mean that it also means that AK and/or RS must have been included in the "multiple".

It's the equivalent to the slut-shaming that goes on, as if the slut-shaming substitutes for actual evidence which is lacking.
Read the patholgist's report and consider carefully the 47 injuries found on the victim's body indicating torture and provocation. It is undeniably the actions of someone with a vicious personal grudge against her - note the brutal upward thrust performed by at least three times of the fatal stab - together with the multiple knife flicks - at least 23 - and a deep knife wound on the opposite side of the neck by a demonstrably smaller knife blade, together with lack of defensive wounds (in a fit person who practised kick boxing) and bruises on the wrists indicating her arms were forcibly restrained behind her back, together with a torn ligament in the shoulder indicating the sheer force of this restraint. If it was one random burglar it is extremely unlikely he would use two different knifes, torture the victim to die a long painful death and at the same time forcibly hold her two arms behind her back. I am sure LondonJohn will be along shortly to provide a scenario in which 'Guede could have done all of this by himself' but most people prefer to stick with the opinion of the courts who heard the evidence from all sides and saw the wounds.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:53 AM   #183
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Stop being in denial and being dismissive of Arline Kercher. This poor woman attended the trial, including the in camera autopsy hearing, together with being briefed by her counsel of ALL of the evidence. How dare you claim her views are worthless whilst you a keyboard observer pin all your glory on a convicted and known liar?
LOL! How dare you claim her views are worthless .......there you go again with your hyperbolic twisted misrepresentations. Honestly, Vix, you're going to pop a blood vessel one of these days.

Sure, her counsel briefed her on all the evidence...from their point of view. Did that include the fact that "Knox's footprints in her daughter's blood" were actually not in her daughter's blood nor proved to be Knox's footprints at all? Or that her daughter's DNA on the 'murder knife' wasn't actually on the knife at all? And therefore there was no evidence it was even the murder weapon at all? Did they prepare her for Curatolo to be laughed out of the Hellmann court after his ridiculous testimony? Or Kokomani's equally ridiculous "olive throwing" testimony?

Pssst.....Need I remind you that Knox has been definitively acquitted of the murder and, in all likelihood, will be cleared of the calunnia conviction too once Italy finally gets around to following the findings of the ECHR?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:54 AM   #184
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You wrote:



Now please explain what you mean by your disgusting remark directed for the amusement of the general public.
Figure it out yourself.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 02:26 AM   #185
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As you have been told, the criminal law courts have determined it is an indisputable fact that there was more than one attacker. See for example Micheli who said it was elegantly proven and beyond dispute. For some reason, you and Amanda Knox fans live in denial of this fact and as rubber stamped by the final Marasca/Bruno court.

I am sure that you can think of all sorts of 'alternative explanations' but I am afraid the law courts deal with facts not the fantasies of people who prefer to claim 'the black guy did it all by himself'.
The fact is that no evidence was provided proving multiple attackers. No DNA, no fingerprints, no footprints, no shoe prints, not forensic evidence period. If Guede left so much evidence of himself behind in that room then how do you explain away two other people not doing so, too? You can't and you can't escape that fact however much you live in denial of that.

Nothing can be "elegantly proven and beyond dispute" when everything is accepted without question including witness testimony.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 02:30 AM   #186
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah. The Italians, one of the most right wing countries in Europe is now suddenly championing one of their hated African immigrants. Pull the other leg.
You never cease to amaze me. Just how did you conclude that from what LondonJohn wrote?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 03:10 AM   #187
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,248
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Read the patholgist's report and consider carefully the 47 injuries found on the victim's body indicating torture and provocation. It is undeniably the actions of someone with a vicious personal grudge against her - note the brutal upward thrust performed by at least three times of the fatal stab - together with the multiple knife flicks - at least 23 - and a deep knife wound on the opposite side of the neck by a demonstrably smaller knife blade, together with lack of defensive wounds (in a fit person who practised kick boxing) and bruises on the wrists indicating her arms were forcibly restrained behind her back, together with a torn ligament in the shoulder indicating the sheer force of this restraint. If it was one random burglar it is extremely unlikely he would use two different knifes, torture the victim to die a long painful death and at the same time forcibly hold her two arms behind her back. I am sure LondonJohn will be along shortly to provide a scenario in which 'Guede could have done all of this by himself' but most people prefer to stick with the opinion of the courts who heard the evidence from all sides and saw the wounds.
Most of those 47 injuries were bruises/contusions/scrapes. But so much conjecture in that! Love the "torture" and "vicious personal grudge" bits you pulled straight out of your colon. You pull so much out of there it rivals the London Library as a conservatory of information!

I agree that it's extremely unlikely one random burglar would use two different knives...which is why Guede only used one. As Lalli said, one knife could have made all the wounds on Meredith: the smaller knife which left the bloody outline on the bed, but not the one from Raff's kitchen.

Why you think it's impossible for Guede to have overpowered Meredith is odd. Men break into women's homes and do exactly that every damn day all over the world. They rape and often then murder them. EVERY DAMN DAY. Sometimes they do it to more than one woman in that home with nothing more than a knife. But somehow, you don't think Guede could overpower Meredith...what was she...5'3" 115 lbs? Because she kick boxed? I heard he couldn't do it because she knew karate! An ORANGE belt! Wooo hoooo! Wow. A beginner's belt.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 03:29 AM   #188
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah. The Italians, one of the most right wing countries in Europe is now suddenly championing one of their hated African immigrants. Pull the other leg.


Not sure you even actually bothered to read the post of mine to which you are replying here. Plus ça change.....


(You also appear unable to comprehend the distinction between the judiciary and the executive/legislative branches of government. Even in Italy. Try doing some research on it )
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 03:38 AM   #189
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As you have been told, the criminal law courts have determined it is an indisputable fact that there was more than one attacker. See for example Micheli who said it was elegantly proven and beyond dispute. For some reason, you and Amanda Knox fans live in denial of this fact and as rubber stamped by the final Marasca/Bruno court.

I am sure that you can think of all sorts of 'alternative explanations' but I am afraid the law courts deal with facts not the fantasies of people who prefer to claim 'the black guy did it all by himself'.


I "have been told" nothing Vixen. Nothing by you, that is - since the credibility and reliability of almost everything you write, including what you write on this topic, is misleading and inaccurate at best, and is a downright lie at most.

You should perhaps direct your efforts at learning about what actually happened in the various trials processes in this sorry case. And specifically (with regard to this particular issue) what happened in the Guede short-track trial in Micheli's court - and why what happened happened. That last bit (ie the bit described in the final four words of my previous sentence) does require a bit of objective analytical skill and endeavour, I grant you; but the rest of it should be pretty simple.

And once you've familiarised yourself sufficiently with the Guede short-track trial, I recommend that you skip all the way forward to the Marasca SC panel verdicts/reasonings on the Knox/Sollecito murder-related charges. After all, every other piece of verdict-related information related to the Knox/Sollecito murder-related charges is utterly worthless as we stand here in 2020. So I wouldn't want you to waste your time reading up on, say, the Massei court verdicts/MRs or the Nencini appeal court verdicts/MRs. You're welcome
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 03:45 AM   #190
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Most of those 47 injuries were bruises/contusions/scrapes. But so much conjecture in that! Love the "torture" and "vicious personal grudge" bits you pulled straight out of your colon. You pull so much out of there it rivals the London Library as a conservatory of information!

I agree that it's extremely unlikely one random burglar would use two different knives...which is why Guede only used one. As Lalli said, one knife could have made all the wounds on Meredith: the smaller knife which left the bloody outline on the bed, but not the one from Raff's kitchen.

Why you think it's impossible for Guede to have overpowered Meredith is odd. Men break into women's homes and do exactly that every damn day all over the world. They rape and often then murder them. EVERY DAMN DAY. Sometimes they do it to more than one woman in that home with nothing more than a knife. But somehow, you don't think Guede could overpower Meredith...what was she...5'3" 115 lbs? Because she kick boxed? I heard he couldn't do it because she knew karate! An ORANGE belt! Wooo hoooo! Wow. A beginner's belt.


It's the British Library, Stacy.

And a venerable institution it is too (though it's now housed in a modernistic building right next to St Pancras rail station...). Up until surprisingly recently, it held a copy of every single book in the world that had ever been published in the English language. And it's certainly a fantastic research resource, especially in the areas of obscure or historic literature.

However, it'd be perfectly easy to gain the requisite knowledge to understand adequately the Kercher-related trials processes in terms of law, jurisprudence, pathology, forensic science and crime scene investigation...... simply by going to a normal lending library in any medium-sized UK town, or by buying a few cheap books on amazon......
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 03:52 AM   #191
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 8,457
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
It's the British Library, Stacy.

And a venerable institution it is too (though it's now housed in a modernistic building right next to St Pancras rail station...). Up until surprisingly recently, it held a copy of every single book in the world that had ever been published in the English language. And it's certainly a fantastic research resource, especially in the areas of obscure or historic literature.

However, it'd be perfectly easy to gain the requisite knowledge to understand adequately the Kercher-related trials processes in terms of law, jurisprudence, pathology, forensic science and crime scene investigation...... simply by going to a normal lending library in any medium-sized UK town, or by buying a few cheap books on amazon......
The London Library is also a thing, too, don't forget. Unfortunately it's closed at the moment, but it's a fantastic repository of old newspapers and periodicals which is great fun to wander around.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 05:24 AM   #192
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Most of those 47 injuries were bruises/contusions/scrapes. But so much conjecture in that! Love the "torture" and "vicious personal grudge" bits you pulled straight out of your colon. You pull so much out of there it rivals the London Library as a conservatory of information!

I agree that it's extremely unlikely one random burglar would use two different knives...which is why Guede only used one. As Lalli said, one knife could have made all the wounds on Meredith: the smaller knife which left the bloody outline on the bed, but not the one from Raff's kitchen.

Why you think it's impossible for Guede to have overpowered Meredith is odd. Men break into women's homes and do exactly that every damn day all over the world. They rape and often then murder them. EVERY DAMN DAY. Sometimes they do it to more than one woman in that home with nothing more than a knife. But somehow, you don't think Guede could overpower Meredith...what was she...5'3" 115 lbs? Because she kick boxed? I heard he couldn't do it because she knew karate! An ORANGE belt! Wooo hoooo! Wow. A beginner's belt.
She was 5'6".

You haven't read the autopsy report; you are simply making up an alternate version to suit your narrative.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 05:27 AM   #193
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Not sure you even actually bothered to read the post of mine to which you are replying here. Plus ça change.....


(You also appear unable to comprehend the distinction between the judiciary and the executive/legislative branches of government. Even in Italy. Try doing some research on it )
In Italy some judges are politically appointed. That is, they haven't become judges by the usual route such as serving fifteen years as a barrister and then applying for a position by a selection committee with great competition from other candidates.

Clear now?
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 05:39 AM   #194
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
I "have been told" nothing Vixen. Nothing by you, that is - since the credibility and reliability of almost everything you write, including what you write on this topic, is misleading and inaccurate at best, and is a downright lie at most.

You should perhaps direct your efforts at learning about what actually happened in the various trials processes in this sorry case. And specifically (with regard to this particular issue) what happened in the Guede short-track trial in Micheli's court - and why what happened happened. That last bit (ie the bit described in the final four words of my previous sentence) does require a bit of objective analytical skill and endeavour, I grant you; but the rest of it should be pretty simple.

And once you've familiarised yourself sufficiently with the Guede short-track trial, I recommend that you skip all the way forward to the Marasca SC panel verdicts/reasonings on the Knox/Sollecito murder-related charges. After all, every other piece of verdict-related information related to the Knox/Sollecito murder-related charges is utterly worthless as we stand here in 2020. So I wouldn't want you to waste your time reading up on, say, the Massei court verdicts/MRs or the Nencini appeal court verdicts/MRs. You're welcome

That is the way the legal system works. If a court of law determines something is a fact then it is tough titties if someone disputes it.

For example, few people dispute OJ Simpson was responsible for the murder of Nicola and her boyfriend so it was hard luck he got away with it. But that is the legal position.

In the Kercher case, despite Sollecito's relatively wealthy father throwing a lot of money to support his son with the most expensive barristers and Knox getting support from Trump and Friends of Amanda Knox, the merits court and the appeals court DID find the pair guilty as charged. The pair had their sentences anulled solely on the basis of a three-day sitting by a Supreme
Court for political reasons. The SC has no power to oveturn facts found by a merits court so therefore the fact of the merits/semi-merits appeal court of a staged burglary and multiple attackers stands, the facts support this conclusion 100%.

Police are not looking for the other attackers.

This tells you everything you need to know about Knox and Sollecito, whose counsel agreed there were multiple attackers as indicated by the evidence and hence they brought in Alessi - a convicted childkidnapper and murderer - and Aviello a hardened Mafia Thug serving SEVENTEEN YEARS to support as their alternative theory of who the other attackers might be other than themselves.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 05:39 AM   #195
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Now please explain what you mean by your disgusting remark directed for the amusement of the general public.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Figure it out yourself.
Vix in case you haven't been able to figure it out, LJ has provided you with some helpful hints.

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
I "have been told" nothing Vixen. Nothing by you, that is - since the credibility and reliability of almost everything you write, including [especially] what you write on this topic, is misleading and inaccurate at best, and is a downright lie at most.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 05:44 AM   #196
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,671
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
It's the British Library, Stacy.

And a venerable institution it is too (though it's now housed in a modernistic building right next to St Pancras rail station...). Up until surprisingly recently, it held a copy of every single book in the world that had ever been published in the English language. And it's certainly a fantastic research resource, especially in the areas of obscure or historic literature.

However, it'd be perfectly easy to gain the requisite knowledge to understand adequately the Kercher-related trials processes in terms of law, jurisprudence, pathology, forensic science and crime scene investigation...... simply by going to a normal lending library in any medium-sized UK town, or by buying a few cheap books on amazon......
It is an excellent source for legal papers, especially EU law, as well as an extensive collection of electoral registers going back since time began. Most local libraries won't have that level of reference materials. The National Archives at Kew is amazing for government and colonial records. The British Newspaper Library which used to be in Colindale was a fantastic research tool. I fail to see why anyone would sneer at them.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 06:48 AM   #197
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 8,457
Er, nobody has sneered at the British Library - or the London Library, or any other library.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 07:37 AM   #198
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
In Italy some judges are politically appointed. That is, they haven't become judges by the usual route such as serving fifteen years as a barrister and then applying for a position by a selection committee with great competition from other candidates.

Clear now?


Nope.

Go back and relate this to the post of mine which you were originally attempting to address.....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 07:38 AM   #199
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
That is the way the legal system works. If a court of law determines something is a fact then it is tough titties if someone disputes it.

For example, few people dispute OJ Simpson was responsible for the murder of Nicola and her boyfriend so it was hard luck he got away with it. But that is the legal position.

In the Kercher case, despite Sollecito's relatively wealthy father throwing a lot of money to support his son with the most expensive barristers and Knox getting support from Trump and Friends of Amanda Knox, the merits court and the appeals court DID find the pair guilty as charged. The pair had their sentences anulled solely on the basis of a three-day sitting by a Supreme
Court for political reasons. The SC has no power to oveturn facts found by a merits court so therefore the fact of the merits/semi-merits appeal court of a staged burglary and multiple attackers stands, the facts support this conclusion 100%.

Police are not looking for the other attackers.

This tells you everything you need to know about Knox and Sollecito, whose counsel agreed there were multiple attackers as indicated by the evidence and hence they brought in Alessi - a convicted childkidnapper and murderer - and Aviello a hardened Mafia Thug serving SEVENTEEN YEARS to support as their alternative theory of who the other attackers might be other than themselves.


Oh my days. More Kool-Aid, Vicar?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 07:43 AM   #200
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17,042
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is an excellent source for legal papers, especially EU law, as well as an extensive collection of electoral registers going back since time began. Most local libraries won't have that level of reference materials. The National Archives at Kew is amazing for government and colonial records. The British Newspaper Library which used to be in Colindale was a fantastic research tool. I fail to see why anyone would sneer at them.


Your inability to actually read my posts (for comprehension) before attempting a reply..... is getting ironically impressive.

Firstly, remind us all who is/was "sneer(ing)" at libraries (of any sort)?

Secondly - and if you'd actually read my post you'd have clearly understood - what I was saying was that it didn..... oh on second thoughts, why the hell am I bothering even responding?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.