IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Old 11th February 2021, 02:36 AM   #2641
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The democrats can show all the videos they want, Trump never told them to attack the house. They look like racists who accuse a black because some black did a criminal act.
What you are saying is that Trump lacks any understanding of his supporters so that he could not have known what his words might cause, or what different words might have prevented.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2021, 02:45 AM   #2642
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningTopic of this thread is not the impeachment, if you want to discuss that take it to an appropriate thread in the USA Politics section.
Posted By:Darat
Old 12th February 2021, 02:18 PM   #2643
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Lin Wood claims he's now representing Sidney Powell in her Dominion defamation case
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 02:30 PM   #2644
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Lin Wood claims he's now representing Sidney Powell in her Dominion defamation case
Oh my
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 02:56 PM   #2645
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

For some reason that is making me smile.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 03:46 PM   #2646
eerok
Quixoticist

That's awesome.
Old 12th February 2021, 07:24 PM   #2647
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
That's awesome.
Seems a bit like asking a dingo to babysit.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 07:35 PM   #2648
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Seems a bit like asking a dingo to babysit.
Well, except that Wood and Powell deserve each other.

Last edited by eerok; 12th February 2021 at 07:36 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 07:48 PM   #2649
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Cluster, meet ****.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2021, 09:40 PM   #2650
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Proving there can be something even dumber than a lawyer representing himself.
Old 15th February 2021, 08:23 AM   #2651
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Lin Wood is now encouraging his "Patriot Army" to dig up dirt on the GA state bar members that are going to be deciding if he is fit to practice law. He posted their personal info in this plea for dirt, so they are almost certainly going to be receiving all sorts of deranged threats.

Doxxing the people adjudicating his bar license, a big brain play.

https://twitter.com/JEandJL/status/1360865751381381121
Old 15th February 2021, 08:42 AM   #2652
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Lin Wood is now encouraging his "Patriot Army" to dig up dirt on the GA state bar members that are going to be deciding if he is fit to practice law. He posted their personal info in this plea for dirt, so they are almost certainly going to be receiving all sorts of deranged threats.

Doxxing the people adjudicating his bar license, a big brain play.

https://twitter.com/JEandJL/status/1360865751381381121
Nothing to lose really. Disbarment is almost a given.
Old 15th February 2021, 08:50 AM   #2653
SteveAitch
Thinker

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Nothing to lose really. Disbarment is almost a given.
Yeah, but now he can claim he didn't get a fair hearing because they were biassed against him...
Old 15th February 2021, 10:09 AM   #2654
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Yeah, but now he can claim he didn't get a fair hearing because they were biassed against him...
Well, who will care?

Hans
Old 15th February 2021, 07:14 PM   #2655
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

The democrats can show all the videos they want, Trump never told them to attack the house. They look like racists who accuse a black because some black did a criminal act.
To me, the most damning evidence against Trump was his dereliction of duty after the attack was underway. Regardless of what he intended to happen as a result of months of lies about a stolen election and his incendiary speech on Jan. 6, his inaction after the attack started is grounds, in and of itself, for impeachment.

Even if you believe (I don't), that Trump had no idea what would happen and no desire for it to happen, once it did happen, he had an obligation to do everything in his power, from telling his followers to stop, to sending in troops, national guard, or whatever forces were available. Instead, by all accounts he did nothing for hours, and was pleased that it happened, and even sent an inflammatory tweet about VP Pence while he was still in danger, and told House Minority Leader McCarthy, when he asked for help, "Apparently they are more upset about the election than you are." His inaction during the attack is criminal in and of itself, and is significant circumstantial evidence that he fully intended the attack to happen.

My personal belief, unsupported so far by hard evidence, is that Trump was complicit in the planning of the attack. While my unsupported belief is not grounds for impeachment, sufficient grounds exist without it. I fully expect, that as the investigation proceeds, that Trump's complicity will be established. What happened on Jan. 6 was not just some wackos responding over enthusiastically to months of lies and overheated rhetoric; it was a full blown coup attempt. What I think would have happened, had the Capitol Police and the Secret Service not succeeded in getting Pence and members of Congress to (more or less) safety, is that they would have been held hostage, and that Pence, Pelosi and members of Congress would have been murdered until they were able to force a vote to overturn the election. I'm pretty sure we escaped becoming a fascist dictatorship by the skin of our teeth.

Last edited by CORed; 15th February 2021 at 07:30 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2021, 10:14 PM   #2656
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

the fact that Trump didn't join the mob on the way to the Capitol, despite him promising he would, is clear evidence to me that he knew things would get violent.

It's also clear evidence of his supporters being gullible morons.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2021, 10:46 PM   #2657
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2021, 10:15 AM   #2658
Paul2
Philosopher

What was worse than the attack - unbelievably, because the attack was horrible - was that Trump had tried for months - even before the election - to undermine the election itself, and I'm not talking about the lawsuits he lost, which he was entirely justified to bring. It was the Big Lie that the election was stolen, that there was fraud to overturn the election, and asking the Georgia SoS to find him enough votes so he could win.

When you undermine an election in those ways (and more), you exactly *don't* "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" when those elections are constitutionally authorized.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:26 AM   #2659
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Next up: Dominion Sues MyPillow guy over election claims for ... $1.3 billion in damages.

Quote:
Dominion Voting Systems sued Mike Lindell, chief executive of Minnesota-based MyPillow Inc., and his company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, seeking more than $1.3 billion in damages.

In its complaint, the company cites a number of statements made by Mr. Lindell, including in media appearances, social-media posts, and a two-hour film claiming to prove widespread election fraud. Mr. Lindell said he helped produce the film, which he released online in early February.

The complaint alleges that Mr. Lindell made false claims about the integrity of Dominion’s voting machines and that he knew no credible evidence supported his claims that the company had stolen the election from Mr. Trump—what Dominion has called the “Big Lie.”

“He is well aware of the independent audits and paper ballot recounts conclusively disproving the Big Lie,” the complaint states. “But Lindell…sells the lie to this day because the lie sells pillows.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dominio...ms-11613996104 (WSJ, paywalled)
ETA: in case you worry for the MyPillow guy, you shouldn't: I did the math.

The regular price for a pillow is $69.98.
All he need is sell 1.3000.000.000/69.98 = 18,576,736 pillows, and he's in the clear. If every Trump voter buys one pillow, that's already 74,216,154 75,000,000 at least 80,000,000 pillows, netting more than 5 billion.

Last edited by Firestone; 22nd February 2021 at 05:35 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:59 AM   #2660
SteveAitch
Thinker

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Next up: Dominion Sues MyPillow guy over election claims for ... $1.3 billion in damages.

ETA: in case you worry for the MyPillow guy, you shouldn't: I did the math.

The regular price for a pillow is $69.98.
All he need is sell 1.3000.000.000/69.98 = 18,576,736 pillows, and he's in the clear. If every Trump voter buys one pillow, that's already 74,216,154 75,000,000 at least 80,000,000 pillows, netting more than 5 billion.
Ah, that would be why his ads have suddenly appeared in the Radio Times (UK listings mag). Full page too. And a special offer of 2 for the price of one!
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:03 AM   #2661
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Ah, that would be why his ads have suddenly appeared in the Radio Times (UK listings mag). Full page too. And a special offer of 2 for the price of one!
So he actually needs to sell (and make) 37 million pillows!
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:21 AM   #2662
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
If every Trump voter buys one pillow, that's already 74,216,154 75,000,000 at least 80,000,000 pillows, netting more than 5 billion.
GROSSING more than 5 billion. What’s left after manufacturing costs and advertising and taxes and payroll and...

I know you were probably being facetious, but it’s a mistake a lot of folks make when they wonder how a big business can be failing while raking in huge revenues.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:50 AM   #2663
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
GROSSING more than 5 billion. What’s left after manufacturing costs and advertising and taxes and payroll and...

I know you were probably being facetious, but it’s a mistake a lot of folks make when they wonder how a big business can be failing while raking in huge revenues.
Correct.

To be honest, (and derail the thread), English obviously not being my first language, I never thought about the etymology of the word netting in the context of getting revenue. I hadn't connected it to the concept op net income after expenses and taxes.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:28 AM   #2664
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Clearly, Dominon waited to see if Lindell would do even more to incriminate himself.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:04 AM   #2665
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Clearly, Dominon waited to see if Lindell would do even more to incriminate himself.
Defamation is pretty hard to prove in court. The First Amendment holds a lot of sway in these cases. So it can be a defensible legal strategy to let as much evidence accumulate as the doctrine of laches allows, and then go to court with clear evidence of an intent to defame.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 01:23 PM   #2666
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
So he actually needs to sell (and make) 37 million pillows!
Or, he could just sell one pillow for $1.3 billion.

Check my math.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:53 PM   #2667
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
And get Mexico to pay for it.
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:12 PM   #2668
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post

Check my math.
That was really interesting. If Mr Pillow, really believed his own crap and didn't care about giving the prosecution more evidence, he probably could sell pillowslips with anti-science woo printed on them for a couple of hundred bucks each.

Tom Palven and Caroline13 would probably buy them.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:15 PM   #2669
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And, boy ,did he oblige them......
Even other Trump Media supporters avoided Lindell because they saw he was headed into a world of hurt. You don't make an accusation like that openly, you hint, suggest, insinuate, yes, but you leave yourself some legal wriggle room. Lindell did not.Going to cost him a lot of money.
I wonder if he is not using the Peruvian Marching Powder again....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:24 PM   #2670
gregthehammer
Muse

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And, boy ,did he oblige them......
Even other Trump Media supporters avoided Lindell because they saw he was headed into a world of hurt. You don't make an accusation like that openly, you hint, suggest, insinuate, yes, but you leave yourself some legal wriggle room. Lindell did not.Going to cost him a lot of money.
I wonder if he is not using the Peruvian Marching Powder again....
Could be. Has he been hanging around Donnie Jr?
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 06:24 AM   #2671
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

Well part of the process of a defamation lawsuit is you have to send a letter to the other person telling him/her to stop and retract statements. You need to give them a chance to fix the problem. They did that with Lindell, and then he just continued. So the lawsuit goes forward.
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:20 AM   #2672
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty View Post
Well part of the process of a defamation lawsuit is you have to send a letter to the other person telling him/her to stop and retract statements. You need to give them a chance to fix the problem. They did that with Lindell, and then he just continued. So the lawsuit goes forward.
the lawsuit would have gone forward in any case, but doing retractions the way FOX and Newsmaxx did entitles them to a reduction in damages.
Old 28th February 2021, 07:08 PM   #2673
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

To poke at this...

‘It’s Going to Be Like Myanmar.’ Trump Cult Convinced Military Coup Will Put Him Back in Office

Quote:
O’Sullivan then asked, “Would you like to see [a coup] happen?”

“I would like to see it,” one man replied.

Sounding stunned, O’Sullivan asked, “Really?”

“You know why? Because the election was stolen from us!” another woman answered.
I sorta wish I was surprised, but... the fervent desire for a coup in the case that they lost has been easily predictable since years ago.
Old 3rd March 2021, 04:00 PM   #2674
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Mike Pence, Former VP, is now on record talking about voting irregularities and continuing to push the stolen election fraud in an op-ed. He dresses it up has concern about the Bill being proposed that would change some of the election rules, it would for example such "terrible" things has try to stop the practice of gerrymandering! Oh how terrible?!

The submission of Republicans to the most holy and divine Trump continues, and Mike Pence's backbone is again jelly.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 12:21 AM   #2675
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

To poke at a bit of the "interesting" fallout from some of this...

Quote:
But the most embarrassing state GOP idiocy of the week may belong to the Republican-controlled state Senate in Arizona. After months of subpoenas to elections officials, ordering them to turn over all 2.1 million ballots cast in Maricopa County (Phoenix) last year -- and even coming within one vote of throwing elections officials there in jail for following state law by securely retaining custody of the ballots cast in the County last November -- a state judge finally ordered Maricopa officials to obey the subpoena to deliver all ballots to the Senate, so they could count them themselves. They were all delivered, 73 pallets of them, this week. And guess what? Senate Republicans have no idea what to do with them now.
Old 5th March 2021, 01:23 AM   #2676
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
To poke at a bit of the "interesting" fallout from some of this...
Typical. They claim many millions of votes were false. For this claim not to be immediately ridiculous, they had to suppress the image of how 70 tons of false ballots could be sneaked in without everybody noticing. Well, now they can see it clearly.

Hans
Old 5th March 2021, 03:46 AM   #2677
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
Mike Pence, Former VP, is now on record talking about voting irregularities and continuing to push the stolen election fraud in an op-ed. He dresses it up has concern about the Bill being proposed that would change some of the election rules, it would for example such "terrible" things has try to stop the practice of gerrymandering! Oh how terrible?!

The submission of Republicans to the most holy and divine Trump continues, and Mike Pence's backbone is again jelly.
Let's just face it. Fraud is codespeak for black and brown. When they say there was fraud, what they mean is that there were too many black and brown people voting. Everyone just needs to read "black and brown" every time they see the word "fraud".
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 11:16 AM   #2678
sts60
Illuminator

The Supreme Court just stiff-armed crazy, vicious, anti-democracy Lin Wood’s last lawsuit. Bye, you America-hating loser! Enjoy getting sued for every penny you have by the companies you libeled!
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2021, 02:40 PM   #2679
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has urged "criminals" involved in a massive voter fraud conspiracy to contact him for help in arranging reduced prison sentences.

Lindell, a proponent of the baseless theory that the 2020 presidential was "stolen" from former President Donald Trump, made the remarks during an appearance on The Charlie Kirk Show podcast that was released on Friday. Lindell promised that a flood of evidence validating the theory would soon emerge, while offering to help cut deals similar to "the old mafia days" for those involved in the purported plot.

"There will be a big surprise of evidence," Lindell said. "There's going to be whistleblowers. There's going to be people that work within organizations that are going to come forward so that they don't get longer prison sentences. I will tell everyone out there right now: If you want to reach out to me, you probably should if you're one of the criminals, because maybe you can work out a deal. So you don't get, you know, the longest sentences."
This has to be performance art.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2021, 12:51 AM   #2680
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

This has to be performance art.
But...but...didn't he already have a huge flood of evidence weeks ago that he was supposedly going to reveal over Newsmax or OANN (why do I always read that as Onan)?

Last edited by Susheel; 10th March 2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: punctuatory slip-up
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories