IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump supporters

Old 14th January 2021, 05:15 AM   #1121
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

A lawyer no less!

Trump is just lulling people in to a false sense of security apparently.
Space Force are coming!

Brian Anderson tweets
@magalawbrian
DO NOT go to the capital or anywhere in DC for Inauguration Day! If Trump wanted us there he would have attended himself. He needs us at home for the Space Force GBS address. Mass arrests will be filmed so no need to be there live. Antifa wants us to look violent! #SpaceForceCard

As I have said repeatedly, Trump needs to lull criminals into a false sense of security for mass arrests on January 20th. He even gave us a wink with “no law-breaking”. Of course, he will announce real end to “law-breaking” by attendees, using Space Force’s GBS to tell the world.

https://twitter.com/magalawbrian
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 05:52 AM   #1122
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Pretty clear this was not a protest that go tout of control but a planned, attack. Question now becomes just how high was it plotted?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 06:29 AM   #1123
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
As I have said repeatedly, Trump needs to lull criminals into a false sense of security for mass arrests on January 20th. He even gave us a wink with “no law-breaking”. Of course, he will announce real end to “law-breaking” by attendees, using Space Force’s GBS to tell the world.

Too bad the Global Broadcast Service only transmits to specific military receivers. I'm guessing this is what people were talking about elsewhere when they seemed to believe that Trump could override and broadcast to every TV in the world.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 06:36 AM   #1124
erwinl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Pretty clear this was not a protest that go tout of control but a planned, attack. Question now becomes just how high was it plotted?
What I wonder about is the following
Seeing it indeed looks like this whole action was planned much more thoroughly than earlier imagined.
Why did they back off so quickly? One single shot was all it took to end the immediate insurgency.
That is what is puzzling me.
Old 14th January 2021, 06:41 AM   #1125
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by erwinl View Post
Seeing it indeed looks like this whole action was planned much more thoroughly than earlier imagined.
Why did they back off so quickly? One single shot was all it took to end the immediate insurgency.

That's the down side of relying on the Useful Idiots as their cannon fodder. Most of them didn't really expect to get that far, or to face actual deadly force in opposition. They collapsed under fire, and by the time the serious ones got to the front lines to try to salvage the mess, the primary targets had already made it to safety. By that point, this battle in the coup was lost, and a strategic retreat in hopes of keeping their forces alive and out of jail was probably the best call they could make.
Old 14th January 2021, 06:50 AM   #1126
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That's the down side of relying on the Useful Idiots as their cannon fodder. Most of them didn't really expect to get that far, or to face actual deadly force in opposition. They collapsed under fire, and by the time the serious ones got to the front lines to try to salvage the mess, the primary targets had already made it to safety. By that point, this battle in the coup was lost, and a strategic retreat in hopes of keeping their forces alive and out of jail was probably the best call they could make.
Exactly. It would have took discipline,trained troops to pull this off and the Magarats were anything but disciplined and trained.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 06:53 AM   #1127
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Too bad the Global Broadcast Service only transmits to specific military receivers. I'm guessing this is what people were talking about elsewhere when they seemed to believe that Trump could override and broadcast to every TV in the world.
Tsk... you haven’t been keeping up with the latest technology... Trump will be using a particle beam....
“...It fiddles with the screen itself injecting a state of the art particle beam to override the screen and project new content.”

And that appears to be a serious answer.....
Old 14th January 2021, 07:23 AM   #1128
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Tsk... you haven’t been keeping up with the latest technology... Trump will be using a particle beam....
“...It fiddles with the screen itself injecting a state of the art particle beam to override the screen and project new content.”

I think someone watched Wonder Woman 1984 and thought it was a documentary.
Old 14th January 2021, 07:29 AM   #1129
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Apparently, Rudy thinks Game of Thrones was a documentary about medieval England.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 07:32 AM   #1130
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
They're not all there

See how far you can watch this interview with the Q-Anon shaman, before giving up. I made about 40 seconds. He starts with moderately conventional conspiracies (yada yada world bank yada yada and then... um... what the no-longer updated crank.net website would have classed as illucid

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 07:37 AM   #1131
Max_mang
Critical Thinker

Every timeline I can find gets really murky after 2:44pm (when the woman was shot by police). There seems to be 3 hours or more after that before the building was considered secure again, but I can find little detail of what occurred during that time. There is tons of video online, but most seem to be before the shooting.
Max_mang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 07:38 AM   #1132
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently due to the coup failing, Trump is refusing to pay Giuliani - not even travelling expenses

Who could possibly have foreseen this?
Old 14th January 2021, 07:38 AM   #1133
erwinl
Master Poster

In other words, the usual Trumpian incompetence, concerning any organization.

Still. One would think ex-military would be more competent than this, but even they, zip tie guy for instance, were more interested in fooling around, as opposed to staying focussed on what their perceived mission was.

And a good thing to it was, that none of the participants had the conviction like what was shown on december 21st, 1989 in Bucharest.
This was their chance, slim as it was, and I don't think (hope) they will get another one quite like this again.
Old 14th January 2021, 07:41 AM   #1134
erwinl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Max_mang View Post
Every timeline I can find gets really murky after 2:44pm (when the woman was shot by police). There seems to be 3 hours or more after that before the building was considered secure again, but I can find little detail of what occurred during that time. There is tons of video online, but most seem to be before the shooting.
I can imagine there to be quite a large period to be between the last of the insurrectionists leaving the building and, say, the Secret Service, declaring the building secure again.
Old 14th January 2021, 07:43 AM   #1135
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I can imagine there to be quite a large period to be between the last of the insurrectionists leaving the building and, say, the Secret Service, declaring the building secure again.
The Capitol is a big building, probably with a lot of nooks and crannies where one could hide or where one could jam a bomb or Ebola vail or trained attack badger into. "Clearing" a building such as that must be an absolute nightmare.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 07:47 AM   #1136
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Of the thousands of people gathered for the rally and subsequently marching up Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol, it would be absurd to suggest that all of them planned to burst through police lines and go into the Capitol building to threaten or attack legislators, and it would be absurd to suggest that none of them did.

There were plenty of people in that mob who didn't expect to be in the Capitol building, and plenty more who hadn't given any thought to how people might react once they got inside. Most of the members of that mob were totally clueless. I'm sure that they are baffled even now as to why anyone was so upset. The sudden sight of a dead or dying woman caused an awful lot of people to wake from their fantasy. Even then, I don't think most of them could actually process what was happening. They were a bit stunned.

The fact that they were stunned, though, just goes to show the depth of their denial of reality.
Old 14th January 2021, 07:52 AM   #1137
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
The Capitol is a big building, probably with a lot of nooks and crannies where one could hide or where one could jam a bomb or Ebola vail or trained attack badger into. "Clearing" a building such as that must be an absolute nightmare.

Particularly when they had already found actual pipe bombs in several locations. This was just about the worst nightmare for any security service. There could have been more bombs just about anywhere.
Old 14th January 2021, 07:56 AM   #1138
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
They're not all there

See how far you can watch this interview with the Q-Anon shaman, before giving up. I made about 40 seconds. He starts with moderately conventional conspiracies (yada yada world bank yada yada and then... um... what the no-longer updated crank.net website would have classed as illucid

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Yeah after about 40 seconds he suddenly ratchets it up to the "Wait, WHAT???" level. And it goes on for ten minutes. There was a time when people like this were put into institutions. Maybe that wasn't such a bad idea.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 07:57 AM   #1139
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Particularly when they had already found actual pipe bombs in several locations. This was just about the worst nightmare for any security service. There could have been more bombs just about anywhere.
I was part of the security team on a Ticonderoga Class guided missile cruiser in the Navy. You never realize how many places you could had something in a space exist until you have to be the one to go "I declare this space safe for reentry."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:03 AM   #1140
crescent
Illuminator

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Yeah after about 40 seconds he suddenly ratchets it up to the "Wait, WHAT???" level. And it goes on for ten minutes. There was a time when people like this were put into institutions. Maybe that wasn't such a bad idea.
I remember, not long ago at all, when that was the appeal of interviewing Alex Jones. He would start of reasonable and quickly devolve into ranting and yelling, spewing conspiracy theories, waving papers around, more yelling and ranting about conspiracies. A fun crazy man for comic relief. He seemed so unhinged and crazy as to seem actually harmless.

I guess that behavior has wider appeal than we realized, and not as comic relief.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:05 AM   #1141
cosmicaug
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
How many of the people arrested have been confirmed as Antifa? Surely Matt Gaetz and others were not BSing when they said the unrest was caused by left-wing agitators.
How can we even be sure that Matt Gaetz is not antifa?
Old 14th January 2021, 08:08 AM   #1142
cosmicaug
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
A lawyer no less!

Trump is just lulling people in to a false sense of security apparently.
Space Force are coming!

Brian Anderson tweets
@magalawbrian
DO NOT go to the capital or anywhere in DC for Inauguration Day! If Trump wanted us there he would have attended himself. He needs us at home for the Space Force GBS address. Mass arrests will be filmed so no need to be there live. Antifa wants us to look violent! #SpaceForceCard

https://twitter.com/magalawbrian
What is "GBS"?
Old 14th January 2021, 08:08 AM   #1143
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by cosmicaug View Post
How can we even be sure that Matt Gaetz is not antifa?
Lt. Weinberg: Yeah, she said that if Markinson doesn't want to be found, we're not gonna find him. She said I could be Markinson and you wouldn't know it.

Kaffee: Are you Markinson?

Lt. Weinberg: No.

Kaffee: I'm not Markinson. That's two down.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:10 AM   #1144
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

What is "GBS"?
Global Broadcasting System. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Broadcast_Service

Fodder for conspiracy theoriest because they think it can be used to take over all the airwaves and broadcast the order for the uprising or the video from the Ring or the brown note or whatever.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:11 AM   #1145
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

What is "GBS"?
Global Broadcast Service.

(I had never heard of it, either, but I guessed at the acronym, and it's a thing.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Broadcast_Service
Old 14th January 2021, 08:15 AM   #1146
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
See how far you can watch this interview with the Q-Anon shaman, before giving up. I made about 40 seconds.
I went about 7 minutes. It's a shirtless clown wearing buffalo horns and face paint. At that point, it's poorly written entertainment. I only stopped when I did because I felt he was becoming repetitive.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:19 AM   #1147
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

Global Broadcast Service

I'm not sure why they keep specifying "Space Force", though. It seems to be equally associated with all of our military branches.
Delvo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:25 AM   #1148
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

OK, so apparently there are several of us who get up & check in here before going out for the day all at about the same time...
Delvo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:32 AM   #1149
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
Global Broadcast Service

I'm not sure why they keep specifying "Space Force", though. It seems to be equally associated with all of our military branches.
Because Space Force is Trump's creation, so it's the most trustworthy to MAGA weirdos.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:35 AM   #1150
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Because it's their Messiah's creation, probably; he set it up all by himself, so it must be personally loyal to him, right?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:43 AM   #1151
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Recently resigned D.C. chief has pointed to the bomb threats at RNC and DNC HQs as a major component of how things unraveled.

Fingers are pointed every way over the national guard issue, but that salient detail of the timeline is a huge sign of coordinated action.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 08:48 AM   #1152
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Global Broadcast Service

I was listening the other day to some yapper give a list of Donald Trump's accomplishments, and Space Force was way up high on the list. Trump himself has bragged about it. I think the MAGAs somehow really believe that the establishment of Space Force was a truly magnificent accomplishment, so they would want to include that as part of their bragging at every turn.

All he did was take the Air Force Space Command, and reorganize the chain of command a bit. It was probably a good idea, but it was hardly a major accomplishment.

A clown like the one who gave us that prediction about using GBS would no doubt attribute it's amazing abilities as one of Trump's superpowers.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:58 AM   #1153
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
I was listening the other day to some yapper give a list of Donald Trump's accomplishments, and Space Force was way up high on the list. Trump himself has bragged about it. I think the MAGAs somehow really believe that the establishment of Space Force was a truly magnificent accomplishment, so they would want to include that as part of their bragging at every turn.

All he did was take the Air Force Space Command, and reorganize the chain of command a bit. It was probably a good idea, but it was hardly a major accomplishment.

A clown like the one who gave us that prediction about using GBS would no doubt attribute it's amazing abilities as one of Trump's superpowers.
But it’s SPACE Force!

Since last week I’ve read a lot of the nonsense these nutters have written and you are right, Space ForceTM is a big thing for them.

Must be the association with lasers and light sabers and all that futuristic stuff the government got from the Roswell aliens.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:02 AM   #1154
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Either that or it's because so many of them are space cadets.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 09:04 AM   #1155
Wudang
BOFH

"Is Space Force in the room with us now?"
Old 14th January 2021, 09:04 AM   #1156
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Either that or it's because so many of them are space cadets.

Dave
You read some of the stuff and you have to wonder how they manage to live in the real world, we thought some of the 9/11 “truthers” were nutters with their holographic planes and what not, these lot make the truthers seem sensible. ETA: Mind you many seem to be truthers as well.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:07 AM   #1157
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

But it’s SPACE Force!
I AGREE

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 09:16 AM   #1158
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

One thing they were right about - the media di stop having Covid as the number one story!
Old 14th January 2021, 09:20 AM   #1159
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Apparently due to the coup failing, Trump is refusing to pay Giuliani - not even travelling expenses

Who could possibly have foreseen this?
Hey he just has to stay on Brand. A Trump Never Pays His Debts is the family moto after all.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 09:24 AM   #1160
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Global Broadcast Service

Because it sounds cool and Trump made it, clearly to fight the demonic child eaters of international jewry.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics