ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 06:06 AM   #1161
C_Felix
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
At least watching 8 hours of TV a day might keep him from doing really stupid things.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8101931.html

"Don Beyer, who represents Virginia’s 8th District in Congress, lashed out at the US president for his apparent obsession with watching TV.

"According to his own aides Trump watches four - eight hours of TV every day, regularly fails to show up for work by 9-9.30 even after urging from both of his Chiefs of Staff, and spends many days golfing," Mr Beyer wrote on Twitter.

"That would get most Americans fired from their jobs.""
Originally Posted by logger View Post
According to his own aides....Lol
Lol - that's all you've got?
Old 11th December 2017, 06:09 AM   #1162
logger
Banned

Lol - that's all you've got?
Obviously that’s all I need to identify fake news.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 06:10 AM   #1163
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Ever notice that he always says everything three times? He says everything three times -- he always says everything three times.
Old 11th December 2017, 06:11 AM   #1164
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Ever notice that he always says everything three times? He says everything three times -- he always says everything three times.
He’s dealing with leftists, it’s necessary.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 06:25 AM   #1165
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

He’s dealing with leftists, it’s necessary.
Why? They know he's lying the instant his lips start moving. I think it's for his followers. If he repeats something enough they believe it.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 06:39 AM   #1166
fagin
Philosopher

Obviously that’s all I need to identify fake news.
You're getting good. Trump didn't even need to tell you this time.
Old 11th December 2017, 06:43 AM   #1167
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

At least watching 8 hours of TV a day might keep him from doing really stupid things...
"That would get most Americans fired from their jobs.""
This certainly strikes me as a dereliction of duty.

I would hope the Commander In Chief would use that time to immerse himself in daily briefings, position papers, or even history texts to put current events in perspective. Or sitting down with party leaders on both sides to hammer our health care or tax plans or whatever.

But I can see how since he already knows more than the generals - and probably everyone else, and that whatever Republicans put out there will be “great” - his hubris plus lack of intellectual curiosity probably makes him deem these things unnecessary.

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 11th December 2017 at 06:44 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 07:45 AM   #1168
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

I would hope the Commander In Chief would use that time to immerse himself in daily briefings, position papers, or even history texts to put current events in perspective. Or sitting down with party leaders on both sides to hammer our health care or tax plans or whatever.

But I can see how since he already knows more than the generals - and probably everyone else, and that whatever Republicans put out there will be “great” - his hubris plus lack of intellectual curiosity probably makes him deem these things unnecessary.
It all makes sense when you realize that Trump doesn't know or understand how the government works. It's really hard to work in governing when you don't know what to do.
Old 11th December 2017, 07:47 AM   #1169
Stacko
Philosopher

Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the “dumbest man on television!” Bad Reporting.
The story has been out for two days in print. The only reason he knew to deny it now is that he saw it covered on TV.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 07:59 AM   #1170
C_Felix
Master Poster

Have you seen the study/report showing the correlation between the commander-in-ept's Twitter content and what's being reported on Fox News?

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-live-twe.html

Last edited by C_Felix; 11th December 2017 at 08:00 AM.
C_Felix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 08:15 AM   #1171
logger
Banned

Not believing every bit of obvious fake news might alleviate your concerns?
Old 11th December 2017, 08:25 AM   #1172
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Lol
Paleo conservatives have totally sold out to the Liar in Chief.
Old 11th December 2017, 09:06 AM   #1173
Spindrift

Where did he say he believes anything Trump says?
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 09:25 AM   #1174
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

At the very least the correlation of the content and timing of his tweets with whatever Fox & Friends is covering is corroborative.
Old 11th December 2017, 09:35 AM   #1175
logger
Banned

At the very least the correlation of the content and timing of his tweets with whatever Fox & Friends is covering is corroborative.
And somehow he’s watching 8 hours a day? Maybe some critical thinking? You really think he has time to watch that much TV?
Old 11th December 2017, 09:39 AM   #1176
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

And somehow he’s watching 8 hours a day? Maybe some critical thinking? You really think he has time to watch that much TV?
Lol
Trump's day has 24 hours. That's more than 8 hours. Funny that paleo conservatives need to have the simplest facts explained to them. Almost as if they are unacustomed to facts!
Old 11th December 2017, 09:48 AM   #1177
Civet
Graduate Poster

Can't say I find it strange that a politician would have some sort of news feed playing on a screen much of the time. Main concern is the idea that he's watching Fox for information and viewing CNN as an enemy.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 09:50 AM   #1178
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Lol
Trump's day has 24 hours. That's more than 8 hours. Funny that paleo conservatives need to have the simplest facts explained to them. Almost as if they are unacustomed to facts!
The funniest part is, Trump says he doesn't watch much TV "primarily because of documents".
Old 11th December 2017, 09:53 AM   #1179
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

It's not as if his Tweets take long to proof read (Teresa May anyone ) and in any case it's hardly beyond the wit of man to come up with a 140 or 280 character message every 9 minutes or so at the same time as watching TV - after all that's what the ad-breaks are for.....
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 10:00 AM   #1180
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Lol
Yes and the left thinks he has 24 hours in the day to watch TV.
Old 11th December 2017, 10:02 AM   #1181
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
The funniest part is, Trump says he doesn't watch much TV "primarily because of documents".
Yes, that is truly hilarious. Funniest thing all week!
Old 11th December 2017, 10:06 AM   #1182
Spindrift

Who said that?

Trump can easily watch 8 hours a day. He doesn't attend meetings, he only sleeps 4 hours a night, a round of golf for someone as good as him should only take 2-1/2 hours.
Old 11th December 2017, 10:21 AM   #1183
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, that is truly hilarious. Funniest thing all week!
Thanks!

Documents!? He's like Charlie-the-Tuna trying to impress Starkist.
Old 11th December 2017, 11:07 AM   #1184
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Thanks!

Documents!? He's like Charlie-the-Tuna trying to impress Starkist.
He's like Rick Perry putting on glasses.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 12:22 PM   #1185
Steve
Illuminator

What do you think he does with his time?
Old 11th December 2017, 12:31 PM   #1186
kellyb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
Can't say I find it strange that a politician would have some sort of news feed playing on a screen much of the time. Main concern is the idea that he's watching Fox for information and viewing CNN as an enemy.
I'm sure he's also watching Fox to see if anyone there needs to be added to his enemies list for saying anything remotely critical of him.
Old 11th December 2017, 01:44 PM   #1187
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What do you think he does with his time?

Certainly not chose ambassadors for the Middle East.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 01:46 PM   #1188
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
Certainly not chose ambassadors for the Middle East.
Be fair, he went to Jared.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 01:47 PM   #1189
Spindrift

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Be fair, he went to Jared.
Trump always figured having a Jew in the family would come in handy at some point or he wouldn't have supported the merger marriage.
Old 11th December 2017, 02:55 PM   #1190
TellyKNeasuss
Graduate Poster

'24' does not mean two times four, so '24' is not equivalent to '8'.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 02:59 PM   #1191
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
'24' does not mean two times four, so '24' is not equivalent to '8'.
More importantly, no one has said he watches eight hours a day. Four to eight hours is not eight hours.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 03:10 PM   #1192
TellyKNeasuss
Graduate Poster

For Trump to watch 8 hours of TV a day is hardly implausible. The average American adult watches 5 hours of TV a day. The average American adult also sleeps 2 hours more a day than Trump reportedly does and the average American adult has to commute to work while Trump works from home. The average American adult also does not eat lunch at home so they don't get to watch TV while eating lunch. So Trump could easily work 8-10 hours during the day and still watch 8 hours of TV, especially if you count listening to the audio portion of a TV broadcast while showering and shaving as "watching" (I'm not claiming that Trump does or doesn't work 8+ hours a day, only that it's physically possible).

Last edited by TellyKNeasuss; 11th December 2017 at 03:11 PM.
TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 03:39 PM   #1193
Stacko
Philosopher

And the tweet lines up with a segment on Morning Joe.
Old 11th December 2017, 04:44 PM   #1194
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

"Man-child" is an accurate label for Trump. His aversion to "studying" and his claims of superior knowledge than our generals is the stereotypical adolescent.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 05:03 PM   #1195
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
More importantly, no one has said he watches eight hours a day. Four to eight hours is not eight hours.
More importantly, no one knows how much he actually watches.
Old 11th December 2017, 05:08 PM   #1196
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It's like it doesn't care when it gets caught in a lie.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2017, 05:18 PM   #1197
eerok
Quixoticist

More importantly, whatever he says is probably a lie.
Old 11th December 2017, 05:52 PM   #1198
Steve
Illuminator

I expect there are a number of people who know exactly how much he watches. It is in their own best interests not to have the info made public.
Old 11th December 2017, 06:56 PM   #1199
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Lol
Paleo conservatives lose focus so quickly! No, logger, 4-8 hours out of a 24 hour day ist the claim. Lol, you forget so easily lol
Old 11th December 2017, 07:00 PM   #1200
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Lol
Paleo conservaites simply don't want to know. Facts hurt them. Lol, what a pathetic bunch!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics