ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st May 2017, 08:07 AM   #641
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Well I am male . . .and have to sacrifice that for female. I have nothing against females. I found them a blessing in every instance.

I don't care what you feel, I have no interest in being a "blessing" (whatever that means), I care how I am treated. Being told I am a second class citizen simply because of what I am is blatantly unjust.

Quote:
Don't worry . . .it is only in your understanding. We should not automatically assume that ours is the best. Sometimes there is another one that is better.

Love Johan

Being told I can never have any sort of say in household decisions, that those will be made for me by some male due to the virtue of having a penis, isn't better. It is pretty much the definition of sexism.
Old 31st May 2017, 08:14 AM   #642
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
I don't care what you feel, I have no interest in being a "blessing" (whatever that means), I care how I am treated. Being told I am a second class citizen simply because of what I am is blatantly unjust.

Being told I can never have any sort of say in household decisions, that those will be made for me by some male due to the virtue of having a penis, isn't better. It is pretty much the definition of sexism.
Be fair. Bible god just wants part of a penis not the whole lot. He likes to pile them up.
Old 31st May 2017, 08:24 AM   #643
Hokulele

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Be fair. Bible god just wants part of a penis not the whole lot. He likes to pile them up.

He seems to want the most uninteresting part, too.
Old 31st May 2017, 08:34 AM   #644
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

He seems to want the most uninteresting part, too.
Being uncut, the last thing on my mind in the throes of the act is "Does my foreskin look big in this?"

Women get this nonsense too, given the claim that once childbirth has occurred, their equipment is somehow transformed into a kind of echo chamber.

I have no idea who comes up with such crap.
Old 31st May 2017, 09:03 AM   #645
Hokulele

I never really understood the fuss about foreskins, either. As far as I am concerned, as long as the hygiene and technique are acceptable, anything else is just window dressing.
Old 31st May 2017, 10:40 AM   #646
Beady
Philosopher

Women get this nonsense too, given the claim that once childbirth has occurred, their equipment is somehow transformed into a kind of echo chamber.

I have no idea who comes up with such crap.
What's the difference between the honeymoon and the 5th anniversary? On the 5th anniversary it's the man who sits on the edge of the bed, crying because it's too big.

Waka waka waka.

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 31st May 2017, 01:53 PM   #647
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I have a better one. God so loved the world that He died for it. Now the world is free . . .do you see?

Well we can ask acbytesia . . .and then we need not assume. But maybe God died for the world . . .and now He is not into punishment anymore . . taking His death seriously. Obviously.

But you need not be so sensitive about "nasty sinners" . . .I am one. That is why I needed to accept the Love of God that He gave through dying for everyone . . .including me. Otherwise . . there was just no way for me to make it.

Love Johan
No, Jesus was so crazy or so stupid he got turned into performance art.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2017, 06:47 AM   #648
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post

You can't mean that God is loving? Because that God is a dick.
Job 38

The Lord Speaks

Quote:
Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

“Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

Job 40:7

Quote:
“Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

“Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2017, 06:55 AM   #649
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
Job 38

The Lord Speaks

Job 40:7
OH! Well, You quoted the bible, Time to pack it in, Reserve me an upfront seat at mass, Can't see that ever being refuted.

"We are what we are, and we're doing the best we can. It is not for you to set the standards by which we should be judged" 'Captain Jean-Luc Picard'

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 1st June 2017 at 07:23 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 01:04 AM   #650
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
I was told by a full-blooded Sioux that it was George Armstrong Custer that did that.

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Well . . .he should also have told you the benefits. Doesn't seem that there was much. So rather go where there is more.

And I am here now. Lots of benefits that I will discuss with you. As it is said here . . .love. Being the same as God. Being gods ourselves because we became children of God. So we also obviously have true love now as benefit. Seeing that God died for our sins they are no more. That is what caused all the problems in relationships. All of earth relationships are now restored. No more fighting and irritation etc. between us and God and between us as human beings. Only Love.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 01:10 AM   #651
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

You have not shown love. You have not given anything. You have only bragged about your own divinity to feed your silly ego. (You will of course deny to even have an ego, because you're so loving and divine you've transcended that).

Why should we listen to a roleplaying (or delusional) man spouting fortune cookie platitudes?

If you really are all you claim to be, then go and change the world for the better. Don't just brag about how super special you are on the internet while doing nothing.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 01:17 AM   #652
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Why are you then promoting a magician-god?
You missed the thread. I am speaking about a loving-God

A: How do you know what is or is not important to any god?
That is part of the thread. If I am His child obviously I know because He tells me.

B: You are admitting that your god is so useless that he/she/it/housecat is unable to compose coherent english. Fare thee well, omnipotence.
Well . . .only in your mind are you judging Him by my English.

We are actually not into His ability to allow me speaking every language on earth a hundred percent. We are into Him giving me child-life. In relation to "child-life" language is very low on the scale. Why should we be busy with the unimportant sides of God?

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 01:26 AM   #653
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm glad you told me otherwise, I'd never have known.

Well . . .love should be to everyone. But now you know. We are on the most important topic that exists. This is also the most important factor of human existence. If you understand this you understand human existence. And if you find this you find the most quality life that you can life on this earth.

Love Johan

PS. You see . . .my ending of this letter to you make the reason of mine in writing to you the highest there exists. You might write for other reasons. Lesser ones. And therefor my motivation, pleasure, enjoyment etc. is of much higher standard than yours. My quality of Life that I experience in speaking to you is of much higher standard. And so is all of my life . . .compared to you . . if and only if you are not motivated by the same. And that would be very foolish of you.
Old 7th June 2017, 01:34 AM   #654
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Yeah, look, Jesus died because he was too stupid or too crazy to un**** himself. Sorry for the strong language, but if the Romans got out the boards, nails and posthole digger, you were just straight up **********. It has nothing to do with sin, or paying for sin. He played a dangerous game with the Romans and got turned into performance art for it.
Well . . .if you read about His teachings and what He did only a "stupid" person will call Him stupid. Going against the authorities can only be described as being brave up to the point of Godly power. No human being can do such a thing on his own. And the power of God that made Him be so "stupid" was love for us. That can make any man "stupid". But if there was great benefit then it can not be called stupid. That was the way to restore all of relationships on earth. Sin has been paid for with very expensive Blood. So everyone can live now in peace and harmony and love.

Even give me the ability to say . . .

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 01:37 AM   #655
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Well . . .love should be to everyone. But now you know. We are on the most important topic that exists. This is also the most important factor of human existence. If you understand this you understand human existence. And if you find this you find the most quality life that you can life on this earth.

Love Johan

PS. You see . . .my ending of this letter to you make the reason of mine in writing to you the highest there exists. You might write for other reasons. Lesser ones. And therefor my motivation, pleasure, enjoyment etc. is of much higher standard than yours. My quality of Life that I experience in speaking to you is of much higher standard. And so is all of my life . . .compared to you . . if and only if you are not motivated by the same. And that would be very foolish of you.
Your "love" means nothing to me. It has no value. What you think is love is merely unearned condescension.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 01:39 AM   #656
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Gods have their own way of doing things, though.
Yep . . .but what about this one . . .doing exactly the way He created all of earthly existence? This obviously has to be the one and only and the only one worthy of following.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Perseus was born of a royal virgin and a shower of gold, but I warrant he was neither himself. And Leda's kids were not gods at all despite the sneaky participation of Zeus. Sorry, folks. If you're going to get all mythy about it, gods just like to **** around and they don't take their bastardy byblows home with them.
Yep true . . .now worthiness in these ones.
Old 7th June 2017, 01:41 AM   #657
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Well . . .if you read about His teachings and what He did only a "stupid" person will call Him stupid. Going against the authorities can only be described as being brave up to the point of Godly power. No human being can do such a thing on his own. And the power of God that made Him be so "stupid" was love for us. That can make any man "stupid". But if there was great benefit then it can not be called stupid. That was the way to restore all of relationships on earth. Sin has been paid for with very expensive Blood. So everyone can live now in peace and harmony and love.

Even give me the ability to say . . .

Love Johan
No, if he died to pay for sins, he was deluded in thinking that was what he was doing.
Old 7th June 2017, 01:44 AM   #658
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Have you met PartSkeptic and Paul Bethke?

They are also in SA.

You should talk to PartSkeptic
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=316775

And Paul Bethke
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=319950

They also say they have sooper seekrit information from god.

You three have a lot in common........

..........A LOT............
Well . . it seems you would like them to write here. So . . call them.

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 01:50 AM   #659
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Your god quite plainly does not care at all. About anyone.

Your god could eliminate famine, but cannot be bothered to do so.

Your god could eliminate disease, but cannot be bothered to do so.

That does not seem "loving" behaviour to me.
Well then He would violate His own Love.

He gave earth to us to run. And His children should do it. They are endowed with the same Life. Meaning they have the same abilities. A good Father teaches His children to fish. He does not give them fish when they are old enough.

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 01:56 AM   #660
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Can I get dressing with that salad?
For sure . . but obviously . . you have to accept the salad first.

It is working. The error is yours alone.
No problem . . .everybody makes errors.

Is it? OK I say that your bible god is demonstrably an evil monster as recorded in his holey babble.

Are you now saying that the very same holey babble is incorrect?
Nope . . .I am saying that your interpretation is yours. And how can a human being interpret God?

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 02:17 AM   #661
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

It is actually about species here. I would rather be a "second class"/female human being then a "first class"/male dog. So I am now rather a wife of God then a husband of a human being.

[quote=Hokulele;11862483Being told I can never have any sort of say in household decisions, that those will be made for me by some male due to the virtue of having a penis, isn't better. It is pretty much the definition of sexism.[/QUOTE]

A wise woman would allow her foolish husband to make all the wrong decisions
until he realizes that he should allow her to have a say also. But if the woman is foolish also she should not blame it on "sexism".

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 02:22 AM   #662
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

No, Jesus was so crazy or so stupid he got turned into performance art.
Well the world has its wisdom and its foolishness.

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 02:24 AM   #663
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

It is actually about species here. I would rather be a "second class"/female human being then a "first class"/male dog. So I am now rather a wife of God then a husband of a human being.

until he realizes that he should allow her to have a say also. But if the woman is foolish also she should not blame it on "sexism".

Love Johan
Why should the woman act like a slave?
And if your God really represents universal love, then why make half of his 'children' an inferior caste based on the shape of their genitals?

You're full of some four letter word, but it isn't 'love'.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 02:43 AM   #664
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Your "love" means nothing to me. It has no value. What you think is love is merely unearned condescension.
God/good always conquers the devil/evil.

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 02:43 AM   #665
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You just missed it. . . .Love Johan

Nope . . .I am not bragging. I am calling.

Because you should love. That is what real quality of life is about. Or you can ran away. That is what low quality life is about.

Well . . .why do you think I am different in my hometown?

http://johanabrahams.pnyhost.com/New%20Revelations.html

Love Johan
Not much of a god.
Old 7th June 2017, 02:46 AM   #666
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Not much of a god.
You cannot judge without reading first. There is a lot to read there and even more to understand. That which was written there took me 17 years to do.

Love Johan
Old 7th June 2017, 03:04 AM   #667
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

For sure . . but obviously . . you have to accept the salad first.

No problem . . .everybody makes errors.

Nope . . .I am saying that your interpretation is yours. And how can a human being interpret God?

Love Johan
You are claiming that you can. How can you interpret your claimed god?
Old 7th June 2017, 06:39 AM   #668
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Yep . . .but what about this one . . .doing exactly the way He created all of earthly existence? This obviously has to be the one and only and the only one worthy of following.

Yep true . . .now worthiness in these ones.
A minute ago you were claiming to be a god yourself, but now you're saying we should not follow you. Well, one out of two.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2017, 03:00 PM   #669
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

God/good always conquers the devil/evil.

Love Johan
You're not good and I'm not evil.

ETA: You're not a god either.

Last edited by Craig4; 7th June 2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 7th June 2017, 05:15 PM   #670
Hokulele

That is your problem, not mine. I have no interest in a religious system that justifies sexism, and would rather partner with someone interested in being a full partner, not an overbearing master, or an obsequious slave. I also note you seem to be of that old-fashioned style of thinking where every woman needs a husband. I guess same sex partnerships have no place in your religion?

Ew.
Old 15th June 2017, 01:51 AM   #671
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

No, if he died to pay for sins, he was deluded in thinking that was what he was doing.
Only in your mind. But as for me . . . I am reaping the benefits. Look again.

I forgive you and I love you. You have not earned it. You just get it for free. This is called grace. I have it because of the sacrifice.

And you . . .just retaliation. I live in peace and love. And you . . in anger, irritation, stress, worry, and

what got you here? For sure it is not love. So tell us about your motivation in your replies.

maybe . . something this is something new to explore or a chance to make fun of what you do not know about.?

Or?

Tell us . . . if you dare!

Love Johan
Old 15th June 2017, 01:56 AM   #672
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Why should the woman act like a slave?
Only in your mind . . .but if you look better . . .you will see the wisdom of the woman .. . and you will see the ruling ability of the woman. But you are blinded by your own illusions. Do not worry . . .God opens the eyes of the blind.

And if your God really represents universal love, then why make half of his 'children' an inferior caste based on the shape of their genitals?

You are really deep in your "blindness"

You're full of some four letter word, but it isn't 'love'.
So how . . can the blind now tell the seeing what they see and what the seeing does not see?

Love Johan
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:45 PM   #673
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Mod WarningThe reader will note that four entire pages of this thread have been removed. The topic is not Johanabrahams, nor is it his ex-wife or whatever blog he may have published elsewhere. All such posts are at the very least in violation of Rule 11.

The reader is also warned that providing links to statements that may be defamatory is as illegal as making the defamatory remarks in the first place. Any link to potentially defamatory allegations may be considered a breach of the Membership Agreement. Any such breach will carry with it significant consequences.

Your compliance with the MA is greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for any posts that were caught up in the move but were not violations of rules 0, 1, 11 or 12.

- Loss Leader
Moderating Team
Posted By:Loss Leader

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2017, 09:27 PM   #674
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Love Johan
I suppose it is pointless as usual, but I would point out first that we do not choose our species, so your preference is hardly to the point. I would rather be any sort of class of human than any class of dog, but that is not an option anyway, and is no more relevant than the transparently truistic assumption that I'd rather be something I like than something I don't. What is relevant is what kind of human being a human being should be, and all else is meaningless persiflage.

Assuming Hokulele is human (of course as the old saying goes nobody knows you're a dog on the internet, but I'll hazard a guess...), then there is no reason any religious nonsense should create for her a class that differentiates her from other human beings. Such nonsense would be enough, in my own mind, to disqualify any religious idea from consideration, inherently foolish but also grounds for suspicion that it is justification for misogynistic misdeeds. Of course I can't speak for Hokulele, though I surmise from her posting history that she is not inclined to be either passive or stupid, but I would consider her by default a first class citizen unless she was stupid enough to choose otherwise.

Second, you utterly ignore the idea that "wrong decisions" can be wrong in ways that are not disadvantageous to the person making them, or that the benefit of a relationship should belong to both parties from the start. What's so special about a man's happiness or self image or whatever, that he gets to be a jerk for some period of time while his subservient wife suffers? So a woman should go along with her husband's stupidity and abuse, even if it makes her unhappy, in order for him to come to wisdom happily? Stuff that for a lark.

A reasonable and intelligent woman is not going to sit around while her husband acts with foolhardy recklessness, abuse or harm, in the vain hope that he'll come to his senses. One who does is either playing passive-aggressive hardball or a fool. Maybe your confusion about species does factor in here. You want a dog, not a wife.

Abusing one's wife might be rather satisfying to a despicable sexist swine, or just to a fool who knows no better, and if the wife were to take your advice, little benefit would accrue to her, nor would he have much reason to cease his odious behavior. If you want someone to stop doing something, saying "yes master" is not at all efficient.

Without going into specifics, which it's clear one should not here, I would modestly suggest the conduct of long and happy relationships, and the reaping of benefits therefrom, is an area where others might argue from a better position.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Last edited by bruto; 22nd June 2017 at 09:29 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy