IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump

Reply
Old 25th February 2021, 02:22 PM   #1
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,821
What is former President Trump doing now?

Is he starting his own political party? Would he want another job like Mayor or Governor?

I want him to go away and shut up, but that's unlikely.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 02:38 PM   #2
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,241
Unlikely? Impossible! Trump couldn't shut up if his head was cut off, shrunken, and his mouth sewn shut by a tribe in the Amazon rainforest.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 02:40 PM   #3
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,606
Trump plots future -- and revenge -- from sunny Florida links

CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...ily/index.html
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 03:15 PM   #4
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,431
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Is he starting his own political party? Would he want another job like Mayor or Governor?

I want him to go away and shut up, but that's unlikely.
Just my opinion, but I believe he is quite busy these days. He is plotting - er, planning - his political come-back. Also, busy free-loading more money from his fans, which he calls "contributions". (After all, the Kool-Aid he serves is expensive.)

No, I don't believe he would ever "go away and shut up". Nor do I believe he would settle for being a Mayor or Governor. He only cares about being Number One, top dog, with everyone beneath him.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 03:17 PM   #5
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,399
I know that the Trumpers will think it's perfectly fine, but Tradition has been that the outgoing President stays out of the limelight for at least a year so that his successor can get their feet under the table without the focus being taken away by his predecessor.

Obama's first public interview was a year after leaving office in Jan 2018, and his first public speech was three and a half years after his outgoing address, being in May of 2020.

Trump's first interview was 28 days after his outgoing, and his first speech will be on the 28th Feb as CPAC's keynote speaker. Just 49 days after leaving office.

I guess so much for Tradition, again..... Strangely I thought that Conservatives were all about Tradition and it was Progressives that were the ones that pushed against it.
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 03:30 PM   #6
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 59,755
I firmly believe Trump spends his time nude in a giant hamster cage, suckling ranch dressing from a giant bottle and shuffling his cedar chip bedding around.
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 04:30 PM   #7
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 31,332
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I firmly believe Trump spends his time nude in a giant hamster cage, suckling ranch dressing from a giant bottle and shuffling his cedar chip bedding around.
But without the exercise wheel.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 04:48 PM   #8
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 8,125
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I know that the Trumpers will think it's perfectly fine, but Tradition has been that the outgoing President stays out of the limelight for at least a year so that his successor can get their feet under the table without the focus being taken away by his predecessor.

Obama's first public interview was a year after leaving office in Jan 2018, and his first public speech was three and a half years after his outgoing address, being in May of 2020.

Trump's first interview was 28 days after his outgoing, and his first speech will be on the 28th Feb as CPAC's keynote speaker. Just 49 days after leaving office.

I guess so much for Tradition, again..... Strangely I thought that Conservatives were all about Tradition and it was Progressives that were the ones that pushed against it.
But T is a one-term and still the presumptive nominee next rime around.
Damn his citrus hide, but... "apples and oranges".
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 07:40 PM   #9
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus
 
Athyrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nutsack, FL
Posts: 2,196
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Is he starting his own political party? Would he want another job like Mayor or Governor?

I want him to go away and shut up, but that's unlikely.

Down my way is Trump country. I started to get a bit on edge when the election was over (November) but the Trumpsters were not removing the campaign yard signs as is normally done, and the local rabble rouser has now erected a large Trump sign and is flying the Trump flag at his used car lot. Today I passed another guy's business who has had a large Trump 2020 sign out front for a year that looks identical to the yard signs only this time it's a new one that reads "TRUMP 2022". I don't know if he is expecting Trump to run for some seat next year or someone else named Trump to do so. This is gonna suck.
__________________
Knowledge is good.... Emil Faber
Athyrio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 07:53 PM   #10
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 43,090
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Trump plots future -- and revenge -- from sunny Florida links

CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...ily/index.html
To of the list would be losers who stormed the Capitol but didn't stop the count.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
“Perception is real, but the truth is not.” - Imelda Marcos
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 07:12 AM   #11
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 13,415
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Is he starting his own political party? Would he want another job like Mayor or Governor?

I want him to go away and shut up, but that's unlikely.
The last I heard is that Trump will be the last speaker at the CPAC Meeting this Sunday where he will announce his candidacy for the 2024 Presidential Race.
__________________
I can barely believe that I made it through the Trump presidency.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 07:46 AM   #12
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,996
I like to think he's spending a lot of time eating ranch dressing straight from the bottle and playing Fruit Ninja on the toilet.
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 07:58 AM   #13
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 40,889
I don't know what he's doing now, but he's soon going to be doing life in prison.
__________________
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 07:59 AM   #14
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,996
Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
Down my way is Trump country. I started to get a bit on edge when the election was over (November) but the Trumpsters were not removing the campaign yard signs as is normally done, and the local rabble rouser has now erected a large Trump sign and is flying the Trump flag at his used car lot. Today I passed another guy's business who has had a large Trump 2020 sign out front for a year that looks identical to the yard signs only this time it's a new one that reads "TRUMP 2022". I don't know if he is expecting Trump to run for some seat next year or someone else named Trump to do so. This is gonna suck.
It's marginally better here in northwest South Carolina. There was a guy in the next neighborhood over who had a 25' flagpole in his front yard with, from top to bottom, Stars and Stripes, TRUMP NATION, and Culpeper flags. But shortly after the insurrection, it was down to just Stars and Stripes. I like to think he may have become disillusioned, but he'd had the Trump flag up for a few years.

The guy who owns the gun and pawn on Main Street still has some four large Trump flags flying in front of his shop, but not at his adjacent used car lot. I guess he figures it has a different effect on business for each.

And I still see the occasional gigantic pickup truck with "TRUMP" emblazoned on the tailgate, but those are getting rarer with each passing week. But I suppose it might be different in some of the more banjo heavy counties.

Oh, and the people who moved into the house around the corner from us last September took down their "Trump 2020" yard sign shortly after the election , but their "Jesus 2020" sign is still up. It has occurred to me that, to them, they may be one and the same.
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.

Last edited by Foster Zygote; 26th February 2021 at 08:03 AM.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 08:03 AM   #15
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,262
I guess he’s just getting used to being worshipped. With idols and everything:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 01:23 PM   #16
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.
 
Ladewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 28,098
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I guess he’s just getting used to being worshipped. With idols and everything:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/
I wonder how the fundamentalists view the whole golden-idol thing.

.......
.
We can’t do parody anymore, thanks Trump.
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Doghouse Reilly.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 01:51 PM   #17
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 13,415
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I don't know what he's doing now, but he's soon going to be doing life in prison.
I sure do hope that POS Trump rots in prison for the rest of his miserable life.
__________________
I can barely believe that I made it through the Trump presidency.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 02:14 PM   #18
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 87,929
Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
It's marginally better here in northwest South Carolina. There was a guy in the next neighborhood over who had a 25' flagpole in his front yard with, from top to bottom, Stars and Stripes, TRUMP NATION, and Culpeper flags. But shortly after the insurrection, it was down to just Stars and Stripes. I like to think he may have become disillusioned, but he'd had the Trump flag up for a few years.

The guy who owns the gun and pawn on Main Street still has some four large Trump flags flying in front of his shop, but not at his adjacent used car lot. I guess he figures it has a different effect on business for each.

And I still see the occasional gigantic pickup truck with "TRUMP" emblazoned on the tailgate, but those are getting rarer with each passing week. But I suppose it might be different in some of the more banjo heavy counties.

Oh, and the people who moved into the house around the corner from us last September took down their "Trump 2020" yard sign shortly after the election , but their "Jesus 2020" sign is still up. It has occurred to me that, to them, they may be one and the same.
Have you considered putting up a Golden Calf statue or sign in your yard? This could be their vulnerable time before the public Trump videos start going again.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 03:21 PM   #19
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 6,442
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Unlikely? Impossible! Trump couldn't shut up if his head was cut off, shrunken, and his mouth sewn shut by a tribe in the Amazon rainforest.
True. But I like your line of thought.
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2021, 06:20 PM   #20
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,066
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Unlikely? Impossible! Trump couldn't shut up if his head was cut off, shrunken, and his mouth sewn shut by a tribe in the Amazon rainforest.
I'd like to see some evidence for that. In fact, I'd love to watch the whole procedure.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2021, 02:14 AM   #21
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 18,241
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
True. But I like your line of thought.
Apparently, I can get one on Amazon. I was thinking it would look nice hanging from my car's rear view mirror. Or maybe making some chimes out of it by hanging some hollow metal tubes from it.

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2021, 03:24 AM   #22
Sherman Bay
Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 2,334
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I guess he’s just getting used to being worshipped. With idols and everything:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/
The True Church of Trump. The one religion that can be imposed on everyone, and is immune to the First Amendment.
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2021, 05:15 AM   #23
RolandRat
Graduate Poster
 
RolandRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,014
The one thing I am pretty confident he is doing, is fuming. For someone like Trump, getting voted out, whatever inane reasons he gives for it, is gonna sting.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.