ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:08 AM   #241
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
As I have heard . . . the hell is red . . .fire-red. But I also would like it to be blue . . .seems a bit cooler then.

As for the "babbling" . . .you will have to stay tuned in . . .and eventually it will start to make "sense" if you are one of the lucky ones.

Love Johan
This all sounds like spamming to me.

If you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion I suggest you opt out.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:09 AM   #242
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
JUST NOW, DAMMIT! KNOCK IT OFF!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
yebo ,dammit . . .it is knocked off . . .like to help you guys . . .that don't understand out of their predicament.

Seems caps will do it better.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 05:23 AM   #243
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Wow! How very clueless.

Or, as my grandfather used to say:

"A man can only make a fool of himself."
Wow! How very clueless.

Human beings like guessing. . . and then some get it and some do not . . so it is not so much about getting it . . .but also in the road getting there.

Or, as my grandfather used to say:

"A man can only make a fool of himself."

not really because it is the judgment of the people that is of real importance here. And some may judge differently . . and then . . .some may be wrong. . . .so i will rather say . . .lack of wisdom makes someone a fool.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 05:27 AM   #244
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
I'm God, and I disapprove of Johans Actions. He doesn't speak for me.
I'm God,

ok . . .I . . .so why do you say that?

and I disapprove of Johans Actions.

what did i do to annoy you?

He doesn't speak for me

I didn't . . .I was just being . . me.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 05:29 AM   #245
Donn
Philosopher

. . .just hope their is no connection with color.
Not everyone can read red text. Against a grey backdrop, it's even worse.

Being special, I am sure this will distress you, but black is the better colour.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 05:33 AM   #246
fagin
Illuminator

Nope . . .I was just distinguishing between your words and mine . . .
It's easy to distinguish. Most people make sense, you make word salad.

make for easier reading for other readers especially in long quotes.
No, it really isn't.

But do not worry . . .
Phew, thank you, I was about to have a panic attack.

I will help you guys as I saw that this specific editor has the ability of different colors which is not available in other forums.
Clever. You are my new internet hero.

ps. It's available all over the place, just like the quote function.

Love Johan
Sorry, I love my girlfriend and don't do threesomes.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:34 AM   #247
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
I'm struggling with a thought. Billy Baxter seems to have finally left the building for good, and Johan shows up. Is Johan Billy's evil twin?

I'm struggling with a thought.

Yep . . humans have that tendency . . .and for some their whole life is just one big struggle . . .but I am here too help you .. .

Billy Baxter seems to have finally left the building for good, and Johan shows up.

yep . . he left and I came. . . nothing wrong there.

Is Johan Billy's evil twin?

nope . . do not know him . . but was he evil?

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 05:41 AM   #248
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

I still have most of those brownies I baked. Anyone want some to tide us over until Johan starts telling us the things he says he's been wanting to tell us about?
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 05:42 AM   #249
Argumemnon
World Maker

I think you're confused, Porpoise. This thread is dead.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:50 AM   #250
fagin
Illuminator

It never really lived.
Old 21st April 2017, 06:14 AM   #251
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by asydhouse View Post
I was reading this thread, marvelling at the smugly passive aggressive posts of the Big Dog (snicker, his choice of name is too cute!), [/i]
But not marveling at the open throated abuse of a new member, huh?
Old 21st April 2017, 06:15 AM   #252
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Only human beings fight . .

Love Johan
When did that grand alteration of nature occur?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 06:56 AM   #253
Parsman
Critical Thinker

I didn't see a member being abused. I did see people taking a poster to task for the things he said, and attempting to get some sense out of him. That has been a failed mission, as he seems to have no sense to offer.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:01 AM   #254
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

ok . . .I . . .so why do you say that?
Why do I say that? Because I am God ,The Creator of the universe, earth, and Bacon.

Quote:
what did i do to annoy you?
You claim to speak for, and know the thoughts of a loving God. I'm just setting the record straight.

Quote:
I didn't . . .I was just being . . me.

Love Johan
You could try using the quote function, at least.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:03 AM   #255
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Why do I say that? Because I am God ,The Creator of the universe, earth, and Bacon.

Bacon?

You have my interest.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:11 AM   #256
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Bacon?

You have my interest.
But of course!

United Church of Bacon

Love is Bacon. Bacon is Love.

Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:21 AM   #257
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning Johanabrahams, please use the quote function rather than 'distinguishing your words from those you quote by the use of colours, all-caps or any other method. This forum has some members who are blind or of limited sight capability, many of whom use aids such as screen readers. If quotes are not inside quote boxes, those people will be unable to read and understand the thread.

You can either just use the quote button to the bottom left of each post, or you can manually copy and paste the material you want and put it between the quote tags [ quote] and [ /quote] (without the spaces). If you are unsure, please ask for help.

There have been some reports that this thread doesn't have a coherent topic. At the moment I will allow it to carry on in the hope that a topic will arise naturally.
Posted By:Agatha

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:24 AM   #258
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
But not marveling at the open throated abuse of a new member, huh?
Are you and Johanabrahams "on the same page" in terms of your thinking about religion and God? I'd really appreciate it if the two of you would discuss and compare! I would undoubtedly learn something.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:44 AM   #259
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Are you and Johanabrahams "on the same page" in terms of your thinking about religion and God? I'd really appreciate it if the two of you would discuss and compare! I would undoubtedly learn something.
If by on the same page you mean willing to exchange ideas in an atmosphere of congeniality and respect, even if, nay ESPECIALLY if we do not see eye to eye?

Then hell yes!

Thanks for asking!
Old 21st April 2017, 07:58 AM   #260
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

If by on the same page you mean willing to exchange ideas in an atmosphere of congeniality and respect, even if, nay ESPECIALLY if we do not see eye to eye?

Then hell yes!

Thanks for asking!
Interesting. That seems to be a 'no' to Giordanos' question. Especially since you seem to be incapable of congeniality and respect.

Old 21st April 2017, 08:00 AM   #261
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting. That seems to be a 'no' to Giordanos' question. Especially since you seem to be incapable of congeniality and respect.

Someone just went M.O.A.B on the irony meter!

Old 21st April 2017, 08:03 AM   #262
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Someone just went M.O.A.B on the irony meter!

Excellent example! I'm amazed at your lack of congeniality and respect!

That's Ok now. As God, the Alpha and the Omega, the creator of all things, I forgive you.

Last edited by Shalamar; 21st April 2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:16 AM   #263
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
I hope you always retain the memory of your Pastafarian crotch shot being too vast for the Internet!
Yes, I guess it really is an impressive noodly appendage.

Old 21st April 2017, 08:21 AM   #264
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Then hell yes!

Thanks for asking!
That is exactly what I mean. Fabulous! Please go ahead and ignore us nay-sayers! It seems like a great opportunity for you to avoid bogging down in tit for tat arguments with people such as myself and instead engaging in a wide ranging and productive exploration of religion and of God's love.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 08:22 AM   #265
Beady
Philosopher

Seems caps will do it better.

Love Johan
Now, *that* was a good one.

Old 21st April 2017, 08:27 AM   #266
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

From time to time I have questioned TBD as to how his posting style relates to Christian values as I understand them. But right now I look forward to this discussion between two committed theologists.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:44 AM   #267
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
From time to time I have questioned TBD as to how his posting style relates to Christian values as I understand them. But right now I look forward to this discussion between two committed theologists.
Well it would be easier if you perhaps policed up your fellow travelers' hilariously over the top irony.

FT: TBD is incapable of congeniality and respect!
TBD: well that statement is ironic
FT: see he is incapable of congeniality and respect because he called out my comment as ironic!
The world: face palm.
Gio: I have questioned TBD as to how his posting style relates to Christian values
Jesus: wept

The topic is God's love, not me. Lets talk about Love.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:55 AM   #268
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Well it would be easier if you perhaps policed up your fellow travelers' hilariously over the top irony.

FT: TBD is incapable of congeniality and respect!
TBD: well that statement is ironic
FT: see he is incapable of congeniality and respect because he called out my comment as ironic!
The world: face palm.
Gio: I have questioned TBD as to how his posting style relates to Christian values
Jesus: wept

Have you considered demonstrating that love to your fellow posters on this site?

Old 21st April 2017, 09:20 AM   #269
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Have you considered demonstrating that love to your fellow posters on this site?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:33 AM   #270
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Would not this love be shown through the acts of his/her/its followers?

Old 21st April 2017, 09:34 AM   #271
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

This is now getting to be weekend. I am a bartender in a Tavern and the work is picking up. I do not know if I will be able to write over the weekend. Will miss you all but will be back on Monday if I do not get any chance to write over this weekend.

Love Johan
Old 21st April 2017, 09:35 AM   #272
Argumemnon
World Maker

This is now getting to be weekend. I am a bartender in a Tavern and the work is picking up. I do not know if I will be able to write over the weekend. Will miss you all but will be back on Monday if I do not get any chance to write over this weekend.

Love Johan
Maybe when you come back you can start posting on topic.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:37 AM   #273
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Timely reminder:

Quote:
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:38 AM   #274
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Love Johan
Good to here it!

See you then, Cheers!
Old 21st April 2017, 09:44 AM   #275
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Would not this love be shown through the acts of his/her/its followers?
Nope... Caedite eos, novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:49 AM   #276
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Nope... Caedite eos, novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
Ahh. A shame. God to know. God loves, his followers are free to hate. Such.. Loving.

I'll take myself any day. I may not be a loving God, but I also don't compel my followers to LoveHate in my name.

But do remember: Bacon is Love. Love is Bacon.

Old 21st April 2017, 11:23 AM   #277
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Nope . . .I was just distinguishing between your words and mine . . .make for easier reading for other readers especially in long quotes. But do not worry . . .I will help you guys as I saw that this specific editor has the ability of different colors which is not available in other forums.

Love Johan
And you have a moderator directive not to do that but use the quote function and quote tags.

Just be advised , it is not generally a good idea to ignore a moderator warning and directive.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:35 PM   #278
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Johanabrahams, it occurs to me that perhaps you have not figured out how to slice up a quote and thus to address it piece by piece.

You can do this quite nicely by using tags. First enter the entire quotation into your reply, as you've been doing. Then, in the reply space, when you want to interrupt the quote with your rejoinder, enter {/quote}, your reply, and then {quote}. Do this each time you want to interject a reply inside a quote. Note that in order not to accidentally put tags in this post, I have replaced the square brackets with curly ones. For the actual practice of this, enclose the tags in square brackets.

This is now getting to be weekend.
so it seems to be....
Quote:
I am a bartender in a Tavern and the work is picking up.
Hope all goes well.
Quote:
I do not know if I will be able to write over the weekend.
Don''t then.
Quote:
Will miss you all but will be back on Monday if I do not get any chance to write over this weekend.

Love Johan
The result, as you can see, is fairly orderly. As for whether it is coherent, well...that's a different matter.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Last edited by bruto; 21st April 2017 at 07:36 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 11:23 PM   #279
David Mo
Graduate Poster

O.K. Let's talk.

Originally Posted by David Mo View Post
What god is love? This one…
“At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well..” (Exodus 12; 29)
…or this other?:
“And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to heaven? No, you will descend to Hades! For if the miracles that were performed in you had happened in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.” (Matthew 11:23-24)

The god of the Old Testament is a destruction machine: jealous, hateful, violent... even with children and animals. The Jesus of the gospels is love... for those that believe in him. For the others the Judgement Day is coming... soon "and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:50)

What strange kinds of love... What of these call you "love"?
Are you sure that you want to talk about God's love? I am waiting two days and you say nothing.
David Mo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2017, 03:52 AM   #280
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by David Mo View Post
Are you sure that you want to talk about God's love? I am waiting two days and you say nothing.
You are feeling the love, that's how it feels.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy