ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:19 AM   #81
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
At least he's not a weak POS like Obama.
Absolutely. Incompetent is so much more refreshing than weak.

Think Obama could've gotten China to put their bombers on high alert? No. He was too weak. But Trump can.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 05:21 AM   #82
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post

Think Obama could've gotten China to put their bombers on high alert? No. He was too weak. But Trump can.
It's amazing what Obama might've achieved if the opposing party didn't play this as if he was the anti-christ.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:54 AM   #83
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

You are quite wrong.

Obama was a great President.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:24 AM   #84
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
You are quite wrong.

Lol
Great at leading his party into the wilderness. Its been decades since they've been to their current vacation spot.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:25 AM   #85
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
It's amazing what Obama might've achieved if the opposing party didn't play this as if he was the anti-christ.
Yes, I've heard this from "true" leftists many times.

So surprising coming from a moderate.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:26 AM   #86
Argumemnon
World Maker

Great at leading his party into the wilderness. Its been decades since they've been to their current vacation spot.
Judging at how utterly inept the current administration has been, and without the Democrat engaging in the same antics as the GOP did under Obama, one has to wonder how long your "power" is going to last.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:27 AM   #87
Argumemnon
World Maker

Yes, I've heard this from "true" leftists many times.

So surprising coming from a moderate.
What part do you disagree with? I notice you're very good at turning every single discussion into an ad hominem, but not very good at making actual arguments.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:28 AM   #88
logger
Suspended

Interesting, are those bombers for the US or NK?

Wonder why they put 150 thousand troops on the border with NK? That must be where they think we'll land. Lol ******* hilarious!
Old 21st April 2017, 09:29 AM   #89
logger
Suspended

Judging at how utterly inept the current administration has been, and without the Democrat engaging in the same antics as the GOP did under Obama, one has to wonder how long your "power" is going to last.
Maybe as long as your last prediction?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:30 AM   #90
Argumemnon
World Maker

Maybe as long as your last prediction?
That's not an answer, as usual. What "prediction" you are refering to is just vague enough so you'll never have to specify which one you're talking about.

In short, you actually NEVER make an argument.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:30 AM   #91
logger
Suspended

What part do you disagree with?
That Obama would have done great things if he was aloud to and that somehow you're not solidly left.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:31 AM   #92
Crossbow

Lol
And if the situation were any different, then I expect that you would be bitching about it with equal vigor.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:32 AM   #93
Argumemnon
World Maker

That Obama would have done great things if he was aloud to
That is not a claim I made, so you're actually not disagreeing with me, here. Perhaps you should read the posts before you reply?

Quote:
and that somehow you're not solidly left.
Oh, logger. When will you learn that one does not need to be on the left to disagree with you?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:32 AM   #94
logger
Suspended

That's not an answer, as usual. What "prediction" you are refering to is just vague enough so you'll never have to specify which one you're talking about.
The one where you and other leftists thought Trump couldn't possibly win.
[/quote]
In short, you actually NEVER make an argument.[/quote]

Sure I do, its more fun making you think about things instead of dragging you through it.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:33 AM   #95
logger
Suspended

And if the situation were any different, then I expect that you would be bitching about it with equal vigor.
Lol
Lol
But it isn't is it?

Last edited by logger; 21st April 2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:33 AM   #96
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

To the rest of the world he is the weakest president ever. Being a blowhard does not make you strong.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:34 AM   #97
Argumemnon
World Maker

The one where you and other leftists thought Trump couldn't possibly win.
You can quote me on that, of course?

Leaving aside the fact that I'm not a leftist as I've demonstrated already.

Quote:
Sure I do
Evidence?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:35 AM   #98
logger
Suspended

That is not a claim I made, so you're actually not disagreeing with me, here. Perhaps you should read the posts before you reply?
Well, I certainly could have misunderstood. What were you saying?

Quote:
Oh, logger. When will you learn that one does not need to be on the left to disagree with you?
Sure but ones solidly on the left usually do.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:50 AM   #99
Argumemnon
World Maker

Well, I certainly could have misunderstood. What were you saying?
This:

That's some mighty laziness on your part, that you couldn't go back to read it yourself.

Quote:
Sure but ones solidly on the left usually do.
You're just one syllogism away from a revelation, logger.
Old 21st April 2017, 10:21 AM   #100
Crossbow

Lol
Lol
But it isn't is it.
This has got to be absolute very best post that you have ever graced us with.

I do hope that you continue to be a source of such astounding wisdom in the future.

Old 21st April 2017, 10:22 AM   #101
Argumemnon
World Maker

I do hope that you continue to be a source of such astounding wisdom in the future.
Lol
Old 21st April 2017, 11:14 AM   #102
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
To the rest of the world he is the weakest president ever. Being a blowhard does not make you strong.
Well that settles it! The rest of the world! Lol
Old 21st April 2017, 11:16 AM   #103
logger
Suspended

I'm just answering your wisdom filled posts, except my side continues to thrive!
Old 21st April 2017, 11:16 AM   #104
Steve
Master Poster

Do you seriously think the ******* president of the United States didn't know where they were going? Will the left ever figure this president out?
May I? Yes, I seriously think that your *********** president did not know where they were going. And nobody will ever figure this president out because there is no recognizable pattern to his thoughts. He is not a rational man.
Old 21st April 2017, 11:20 AM   #105
Argumemnon
World Maker

Well that settles it! The rest of the world! Lol
Yeah, you know there are other countries in the world, right?
Old 21st April 2017, 11:21 AM   #106
logger
Suspended

This:

That's some mighty laziness on your part, that you couldn't go back to read it yourself.

That some mighty flawed comprehension skills on your part. I asked what you meant by it?
Old 21st April 2017, 11:21 AM   #107
mgidm86
Illuminator

Lordy

Might it be that the plan has changed for a super secret reason that is not being divulged because just maybe the military doesn't have to tell leftists everything?
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Or maybe a president with a track record of running off at the mouth with no care for the veracity of what he says was delivering more of the same bullcrap.

Could be either, could be neither. I don't think it's a big deal and worthy of its own thread. There are so many possible reasons why this happened and there is really no evidence for any them. Whoopee.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 11:22 AM   #108
logger
Suspended

Yeah, you know there are other countries in the world, right?
Stating the obvious again, good job!
Old 21st April 2017, 11:23 AM   #109
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
May I? Yes, I seriously think that your *********** president did not know where they were going. And nobody will ever figure this president out because there is no recognizable pattern to his thoughts. He is not a rational man.
And somehow I thought you were thinking something else?
Old 21st April 2017, 11:24 AM   #110
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Could be either, could be neither. I don't think it's a big deal and worthy of its own thread. There are so many possible reasons why this happened and there is really no evidence for any them. Whoopee.
But we have the left, who simply have to vent their TDS somewhere.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:09 PM   #111
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Would that be when he was weak and bombed Libya without Congress approval, or weak when he didn't bomb Syria without Congress approval after they demanded he do so?

Or would it be that he was weak because he couldn't convince the opposition party to do what he wanted? You know like how Trump is having issues getting those same people to do what he wants despite being in the same party!

Or was it when he managed to make peace with other countries instead of trying to start wars with them?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 21st April 2017 at 07:14 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:11 PM   #112
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

But we have the left, who simply have to vent their TDS somewhere.
For someone that claims not to be a Trump worshiper, you sure do come out and defend his idiocy an awful lot.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 07:13 PM   #113
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

That Obama would have done great things if he was aloud to and that somehow you're not solidly left.
I am sure that Argumemnon can locate a post of mine from a few weeks again calling him right wing, so yeah....

The trouble is that some people are so far right that left and right no longer have any meaning because even Rand Paul starts looking like a raging communist to them.

My Apollo Page.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:20 PM   #114
Noztradamus
Illuminator

You are quite wrong.

Under Obama the USA became a flawed democracy
Old 21st April 2017, 07:25 PM   #115
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
Under Obama the USA became a flawed democracy
Only because it has been headed that way for about the last 40 years and finally got there. It's like saying the final person competing in a relay is responsible for the team winning or losing.

My Apollo Page.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:37 PM   #116
Babbylonian
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Complaining again about the existence of a thread regarding the nightmare beast currently occupying the Oval Office? You know you could just not click on the thread, right?
Old 21st April 2017, 07:57 PM   #117
phiwum
Philosopher

Interesting, are those bombers for the US or NK?

Wonder why they put 150 thousand troops on the border with NK? That must be where they think we'll land. Lol ******* hilarious!
Sorry, you think China is threatening North Korea?

What a novel worldview you have.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 09:31 PM   #118
Steve
Master Poster

And somehow I thought you were thinking something else?
Seems you were wrong......Again.
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:46 AM   #119
Argumemnon
World Maker

That some mighty flawed comprehension skills on your part. I asked what you meant by it?
I meant what I wrote. No more, no less. What else do you want me to say?

Stating the obvious again, good job!
Well, you can never be too sure with right-wingers. Had to check.
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:41 AM   #120
logger
Suspended

Sorry, you think China is threatening North Korea?

What a novel worldview you have.
They aren't threatening us. Happy to inform you, go ahead and admit your worldview is wrong.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/ch...a-contingency/

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics