ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th April 2017, 01:40 AM   #121
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
yup . . .love all these bad guys . . .that is something! So how do you manage that?
Smarmy condescension does not equal love. But I doubt we'll see TBD post in this thread again now you've started responding.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 01:42 AM   #122
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
It's like regular love, only with a safe word.
And I still do not know what regular love is with a safe word
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 01:48 AM   #123
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Thankfully someone else has taken over trolling duty from our hit and run OP. It's what Jesus would have wanted. None of that cheek turning, just try to annoy them.

ETA: oh no, there you are... Why all caps? Are you mad?
Why all caps? Are you mad?

YOU CAN NEVER ASK ME IF I AM MAD . . . THAT SHOULD COME FROM YOU . . .ALL CAPS . . .JUST MAKE FOR EASIER DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN YOURS AND MINE.

SEEING THAT IT DEFINES SHOUTING ON THE NET . . .OH WELL YOU GOING TO JUDGE BY SPIRIT FROM NOW AND NOT FROM "SEEING"

LOVE JOHAN
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 01:49 AM   #124
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Where's my million dollars?
I SAID . . .DO NOT BE IN A HURRY . . .YOU MIGHT SLIP
Old 20th April 2017, 01:49 AM   #125
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

You gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
You better read between the lines
In case you need it when you're older

You want to know what love is?
You want us to show you?
You want to feel what love is?
You know we can show you
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 01:52 AM   #126
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
The incoherent screaming about what is or is not incoherent screaming is priceless.
SURE . . . IT IS GODS LOVE
Old 20th April 2017, 01:54 AM   #127
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I dint know god was a screamer...
Old 20th April 2017, 01:54 AM   #128
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Not to put too fine a point on it, but... didn't your God of love not only command the genocide of multiple peoples, but also kill all of humanity himself, except for about 8 people? And that's according to the stories that were supposed to make him look good...
ASK THE DOG THE HUMAN BEING . . .BUT BEING A DOG . . .HOW DOES HE THINK HE CAN UNDERSTAND HIM . . .BUT THEN . . ASK THE HUMAN BEING TO MAKE "DOGGIE" A HUMAN . . .AND THEN THE POSSIBILITY EXISTS.
Old 20th April 2017, 02:00 AM   #129
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

We all assumed you were talking about the Christian god until now... But you appear to condemn him, so you might not be talking about YHWH and Jesus...

Who is this true god of yours?
We all

YOU ASSUMING AGAIN

assumed you were talking about the Christian god until now...

DO NOT BE IN A HURRY . . .FIRST LISTEN AND THEN SPEAK . . .YOU HAVE TWO EARS AND ONLY ONE MOUTH . . .AND IT IS THE MOUTH THAT GETS YOU INTO THE ****.

But you appear to condemn him, so you might not be talking about YHWH and Jesus...

ASSUME YOU

Who is this true god of yours?

THE ONE THAT CAN SHARE WITH ME EVERYTHING HE HAS AND PROOF IT BY STARTING TO SHARE

LOVE JOHAN

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to properly mask swearing; please observe rule 10.

Last edited by Agatha; 21st April 2017 at 03:44 AM.
Old 20th April 2017, 02:16 AM   #130
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

ASK THE DOG THE HUMAN BEING . . .BUT BEING A DOG . . .HOW DOES HE THINK HE CAN UNDERSTAND HIM . . .BUT THEN . . ASK THE HUMAN BEING TO MAKE "DOGGIE" A HUMAN . . .AND THEN THE POSSIBILITY EXISTS.
Google's 'tinfoil hat to human' translation app tells me this means you believe you are God.
Good luck with that.
Old 20th April 2017, 02:19 AM   #131
baron
Illuminator

Low hanging fruit FTW.
Old 20th April 2017, 05:25 AM   #132
fagin
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
I dint know god was a screamer...
Actually, she's a squirter.
Old 20th April 2017, 05:36 AM   #133
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
No, God is God.

(i know, i just blew your mind, it is cool, just remember that God loves you).
It's amazing how easily your vaunted reason goes out the window when it comes to bronze age supernatural sky deities.
Old 20th April 2017, 05:38 AM   #134
Argumemnon
World Maker

Skeptical? Not a word I would use for the thread...
TBD, you believe in a magical god that created the universe and has a special plan for all men, whom he created in his image. You are in no position to judge others.
Old 20th April 2017, 05:41 AM   #135
Argumemnon
World Maker

What is tough love?
Couldn't look it up?

LOT OF BIG WORDS
Big words?

Quote:
. . .AND I DO NOT SAY I UNDERSTAND ALL . . BUT THERE YOU WILL BE OF HELP.

BUT:

IF I GOT YOU CORRECTLY . . .THEN TRUTH WILL HAVE A "SWORD-SWINGING" WHICH PINPOINT IT AS THE TRUTH?
Stop screaming.
Old 20th April 2017, 06:19 AM   #136
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

nope . . .will call God in . . .only thus will everybody be happy
terrific!
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 07:08 AM   #137
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Actually . . .the one that created those
Ahh FSM, The one and only true creator of all things.

RAmen brother.
---------------------------------------------
Studies conclude theists are the most immoral people on earth.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 07:10 AM   #138
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Well i think "Big dog" said it. Love is to give you the best I can. And where God is concerned it has to be everything that He is. . . .seeing that He is so good and powerful and everything.
No need to quote tbd.

I already know what he's going to say and has said.

ETA, Lay of the all caps posting: 6. You will not spam, flood or otherwise post in a manner that disrupts the functioning of the Forum, this includes using disruptive formatting in your posts and also includes using the Forum for commercial purposes.E4
Studies conclude theists are the most immoral people on earth.

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 20th April 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 07:12 AM   #139
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

MAYBE BECAUSE HE DOES AND WE DO NOT. BEING ANOTHER BEING LIKE CATS AND DOGS VS HUMAN
Cats exist, and furthermore though a cat may think it's a god, it does not threaten us with damnation for not understanding it. A god ought, I think, to be a little better at its job than than that.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 07:21 AM   #140
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

WELL 'BIG DOG' SAID SOMETHING OF HIM BEING A FATHER SO IT SHOULD BE FATHERLY LOVE MEANING GIVING US EVERYTHING THAT HE IS . . .MAKING US TRUE GODS OURSELVES.

So now we are off on some bastardized branch of Mormonism? Been a lot of that going around recently...
Old 20th April 2017, 07:23 AM   #141
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

One uses the "safeword" to let one's partner and/or lover know of an important problem.

For more information on this topic, please consult Wikipedia.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 07:24 AM   #142
MostlyDead
Graduate Poster

MostlyDead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:10 AM   #143
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
I love this.

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:15 AM   #144
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

LOT OF BIG WORDS . . .AND I DO NOT SAY I UNDERSTAND ALL . . BUT THERE YOU WILL BE OF HELP.

BUT:

IF I GOT YOU CORRECTLY . . .THEN TRUTH WILL HAVE A "SWORD-SWINGING" WHICH PINPOINT IT AS THE TRUTH?
No, what I meant is that when one thinks they are backed by divine authority, they can become quite dangerous. The broader problem is the mistaken appeal to authority that most people seem to inherit from the religious templates they are exposed to, a feeling that truth in general has some absolute grounding. That only works for basic evidentiary facts, not big ideas.

Therefore, regardless of whatever divinity might be involved in your OP, and in spite of any nobility of sentiment in any teachings ascribed thereto, such thinking is not my cup of tea (fails due diligence).
Old 20th April 2017, 09:22 AM   #145
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
That's nice. Everyone else thinks I'm a ****.

I'd be interested in learning how you know that God loves me. Where did this insight into God's love life come from?
Does God love you in the Biblical sense?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 20th April 2017, 09:26 AM   #146
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I am wondering what the TBD thinks about you being his co-religionist.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
So who is TBD
Old 20th April 2017, 09:38 AM   #147
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

So who is TBD
They are referring to me, The Big Dog, aka TBD.

I look forward to more of your insights, and again, welcome to the site.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:39 AM   #148
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

So who is TBD
TBD is The Big Dog, posting here. In case you're unfamiliar, he is an outspoken conservative, and a Roman Catholic.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:43 AM   #149
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
LOT OF BIG WORDS . . .AND I DO NOT SAY I UNDERSTAND ALL . . BUT THERE YOU WILL BE OF HELP.

BUT:

...why are you shouting? What, in your opinion, does capshouting add to your screed?
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:44 AM   #150
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
TBD is The Big Dog, posting here. In case you're unfamiliar, he is an outspoken conservative, and a Roman Catholic.
That is odd, I do not recall identifying myself as such.

In fact I am member of the International Skeptics Forum, which is sufficient.

Oh, and a recipient of God's love, glory be!
Old 20th April 2017, 09:47 AM   #151
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

OBVIOUSLY . . .THE TRUE ONE
You are going to need to be a bit more specific. Which one, in your opinion, is the "TRUE ONE", and why do you so assert?
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:48 AM   #152
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

That is odd, I do not recall identifying myself as such.

In fact I am member of the International Skeptics Forum, which is sufficient.

Oh, and a recipient of God's love, glory be!
But I'm God, and I don't love you. odd.

Tolerate, maybe.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:49 AM   #153
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Actually . . .the one that created those
This is an...odd...assertion. All of the 'gods' were created by humans. Feel free to provide actual evidence otherwise. Do keep track of the fact that your sincere testimony is not evidence...
Old 20th April 2017, 09:50 AM   #154
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

If you don't break the rules, you won't get banned. It's quite hard to be 'martyred' in this place...

Your responses are a bit... unclear.

Did you start your thread because you want to tell us about your God?
Did you start it because you're looking for a God?
If you want to tell us about your God, please do so. Your posts have been rather uninformative so far. We all assumed you were talking about the Christian God, but then you proceeded to tell us you don't think he's loving, and that a true God would make us Gods (perhaps Mormonism, though I doubt you're a Mormon).

So please help us with our confusion (And please don't post in all caps, it makes it look like you are screaming all the time. It's rude, and doesn't help with reading comprehension)

Who is your God? What do you want to tell us about him?

If you don't break the rules, you won't get banned.

GOOD NEWS

It's quite hard to be 'martyred' in this place...

OK YOU REALIZE SOMETHING ABOUT BANNING.

Your responses are a bit... unclear.

I TRY MY BEST. AND I WILL KEEP ON TRYING

Did you start your thread because you want to tell us about your God?

NO

Did you start it because you're looking for a God?

NO

If you want to tell us about your God, please do so.

I AM NOT MUCH INTERESTED IN TELLING YOU ABOUT HIM MUCH RATHER BEING HIM

Your posts have been rather uninformative so far.

SO . . .EVERYTHING CANNOT BE GIVEN AT THE START . . . .WHAT IS LEFT THEN

We all assumed you were talking about the Christian God

SO STOP ASSUMING

, but then you proceeded to tell us you don't think he's loving, and that a true God would make us Gods (perhaps Mormonism, though I doubt you're a Mormon).

DO NOT WORRY . . .EVERY STORY HAS "THE END" . . .BUT LET US WALK THE WAY . . .NO USE PUTTING IT AT THE BEGINNING.

So please help us with our confusion

I AM . . .BUT WHY ARE YOU IN A HURRY . . .PATIENCE IS A GOOD VIRTUE

(And please don't post in all caps, it makes it look like you are screaming all the time.

ONLY IN YOUR MIND . . .AS I AM ACTUALLY USING IT TO MAKE FOR BETTER READING . . .BETTER DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN WHAT YOU WROTE AND MINE

It's rude,

RUDE IS A SPIRIT . . THIS IS CAPS.

and doesn't help with reading comprehension

COMPREHENSION IS NOT IN THE CAPS BUT IN THE WORDS PUT AFTER ONE ANOTHER.

Who is your God?

I DO NOT HAVE ONE . . .HAVING ONE MAKES YOU A SLAVE.

What do you want to tell us about him?

NOTHING . . . IT IS NOT ABOUT HIM . . .IT IS ABOUT ME.

LOVE JOHAN
Old 20th April 2017, 09:52 AM   #155
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Wait, God loves me? I'm a guy? Is God gay? That might explain a few things, now that I think of it.

WELL 'BIG DOG' SAID SOMETHING OF HIM BEING A FATHER SO IT SHOULD BE FATHERLY LOVE MEANING GIVING US EVERYTHING THAT HE IS . . .MAKING US TRUE GODS OURSELVES.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting with bated breath to see of the OP comes back.

NOT COMING BACK WILL MAKE ME A COWARD . . .NOPE . . .RATHER YOU RUNNING OR FORUM BANNING ME . .. BUT AS FOR ME . . .LIKE A BULLDOG . .BITTING AND CLINGING.

Or maybe baited breath,

I get confused

I GOING TO HELP YOU WITH THIS "CONFUSION" . . .

A FATHER LOVES HIS SON
Might you consider learning to properly and effectively use the "quote" button?
Old 20th April 2017, 09:52 AM   #156
TraneWreck
Philosopher

I think it's disrespectful that you don't convert the quotes to which you're responding into all caps.

Why should your letters be bigger?
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:53 AM   #157
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Oh. THIS will be interesting!

Johan vs TBD: FIGHT!

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 09:54 AM   #158
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Why all caps? Are you mad?

YOU CAN NEVER ASK ME IF I AM MAD . . . THAT SHOULD COME FROM YOU . . .ALL CAPS . . .JUST MAKE FOR EASIER DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN YOURS AND MINE.

SEEING THAT IT DEFINES SHOUTING ON THE NET . . .OH WELL YOU GOING TO JUDGE BY SPIRIT FROM NOW AND NOT FROM "SEEING"

LOVE JOHAN
The "quote" function would be your friend, if you would let it...
Old 20th April 2017, 09:55 AM   #159
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Hey, I'm getting good at this...
Google's 'tinfoil hat to human' translation app tells me this means you believe you are God.
Good luck with that.

If you want to tell us about your God, please do so.

I AM NOT MUCH INTERESTED IN TELLING YOU ABOUT HIM MUCH RATHER BEING HIM

Who is your God?

I DO NOT HAVE ONE . . .HAVING ONE MAKES YOU A SLAVE.

What do you want to tell us about him?

NOTHING . . . IT IS NOT ABOUT HIM . . .IT IS ABOUT ME.

LOVE JOHAN
Is that a confirmation that you believe you are God Johan?
Old 20th April 2017, 09:56 AM   #160
Johanabrahams
Critical Thinker

Smarmy condescension does not equal love. But I doubt we'll see TBD post in this thread again now you've started responding.

Smarmy condescension does not equal love.

TO BE GOOD . . . YOU HAVE TO LOVE EVERYONE . . .GOOD AND BAD . .THEY ARE JUST EQUAL

But I doubt we'll see TBD post in this thread again now you've started responding

I WILL MISS HIM . . .AND HE WILL MISS ME . . .REASON ENOUGH TO POST AGAIN.

LOVE JOHAN

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy