ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 29th March 2015, 06:48 PM   #1
gilius
Thinker

9/11 documentaries

What are the latest documentaries that have been produced on 9/11?
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2015, 06:54 PM   #2
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by gilius View Post
"Latest", A couple years as far as I can recall. There's been a few on the new memorial and progress on rebuilding.

Anything specific you're looking for?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2015, 06:56 PM   #3
gilius
Thinker

Just wondered if any had been made in the last few years... where's the best place to check for new conspiracy documentary releases in general?
gilius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Kirbztomp
Thinker

http://davidgriscom.com/

Start here I would think. He, for some reason, seems like a good chap.
Kirbztomp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2015, 11:12 PM   #5
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kirbztomp View Post

I love Rick Shaddock's shonky throwdown websites
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2015, 03:17 AM   #6
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

"September 11 - The New Pearl Harbor" is from September 2013. Latest I know of (but didn't watch). 5 hours. Part 1 of 3:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2015, 03:32 AM   #7
gilius
Thinker

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
"September 11 - The New Pearl Harbor" is from September 2013. Latest I know of (but didn't watch). 5 hours. Part 1 of 3:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Thanks!
Old 30th March 2015, 02:51 PM   #8
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post

I AGREE
A video filled with so much BS, I used it to green up my yard this spring. A full bodied complete BS.

But this is not a reality based documentary, it is a celebration of ignorance documentary. More of an anti-documentary.

Last edited by beachnut; 30th March 2015 at 02:53 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2015, 12:53 AM   #9
Jango
Graduate Poster

Nothing worthy of note.

Compilation videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWKNNer1Cc even though a few years old, is a great presentation. All raw footage. Incredibly emotional.

This one, Press for Truth, is worth watching too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHPfXemf10 Has many emotional moments, namely the Jersey Girls, and it is a level-headed response to the attacks and the basic commonsense questions that arised as a result, which as we know today, have not been addressed. A large gaping hole exists, which is why pressing for truth is necessary. To push past the frontier as it exists now.

But so many people here are satisfied with what we know of the event, even though they are aware that a lot of information is being withheld. Many here wholeheartedly believe that they are logical and reasonable people, who demand evidence after claims are made but in the same vein do not have the same standard, even in a remote sense, for the government. They push Joe Schmo for evidence, but not the government. Patriotism does not singularly explain this extraordinary and unwavering defense. Be a realist. The writing is on the wall.
Jango is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 11:40 AM   #10
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jango View Post
But so many people here are satisfied with what we know of the event, even though they are aware that a lot of information is being withheld. ...
Why the extra BS. Where is the list of the "lot of information" being withheld.

List it. Whey can't 911 truth list the "lot of information".

Quote:
his one, Press for Truth, is worth watching too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHPfXemf10 Has many emotional moments, namely the Jersey Girls, and it is a level-headed response to the attacks and the basic commonsense questions that arised as a result, which as we know today, have not been addressed. A large gaping hole exists, which is why pressing for truth is necessary. To push past the frontier as it exists now.
Mostly BS - it pushes 911 truth followers into the frontier of BS.

Got that list of stuff not addressed? And what it means?

It means "9/11 Press for Truth [Full Film]" is BS... not a documentary.

It means https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWKNNer1Cc is a documentary.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 02:19 PM   #11
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I still maintain these are the best 3 documentaries you can find on 9/11.

The Secrete History of 9/11
I AGREE

9/11 Inside the Hamburg Cell
I AGREE

The (not so) Lost Tapes of 9/11
I AGREE
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 02:21 PM   #12
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

and yes, a new pearl harbor 'documentary' is full of bs.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 02:42 PM   #13
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
I still maintain these are the best 3 documentaries you can find on 9/11.

The Secrete History of 9/11
I AGREE

9/11 Inside the Hamburg Cell
I AGREE

The (not so) Lost Tapes of 9/11
I AGREE
Could there be a little bias there.

I don't think I've actually watched the first one. Maybe I can put it on a "to do" list.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 19th April 2015 at 02:44 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 04:06 PM   #14
MrFliop
Thinker

It depends, since 9/11 involved so many things happening(plane hijacking crashes, skyscraper collapses) many documentaries have been producing focusing specifically on a certain event. I've seen many documentaries about 9/11 and listed which ones I think are the best. Just pick the topic related to 9/11 that you want to learn about and see said documentary.

Pre 9/11
If you want to see something about the history of Al Qaeda that doesn't focus on the 9/11 plot then I recommend Frontline: Hunting Bin Laden (2000)
If you want to learn specifically about the 9/11 plot then watch National Geographic: Inside 9/11 War on America (2005)
If you're interested in learning about the events leading up to 9/11 from the government's perspective then watch the docudrama ABC: The Path to 9/11 (2006)

The Planes
If you want documentaries that relate specifically to the hijackings themselves then I would recommend TLC: Flight 175 as the world watched (2005) and Discovery Channel: Flight 93 the plane that fought back (2005). Or watch National Geographic: Inside 9/11 Zero Hour (2005) to get an overview of ALL four hijackings
If you want to see a documentary about the hijackings but from the perspective from people on the ground then watch
NBC: The Air Traffic Controllers of 9/11 (2002), ABC: 9/11 behind the scenes (2002) and United 93 DVD disc 1: Chasing Planes (2006)
If you're interested in learning about the crash at the pentagon then I recommend Discovery Channel: Seconds from Disaster-Pentagon crash (2004)
Or about the crash in Shanksville, then see FBI short film: Be the next hero-The Investigation of United Flight 93 (2016)

The World Trade Center
If you want to learn about what the Firefighters(specifically ladder 5) had to go through, and view footage from inside the buildings, then I recommend seeing CBS: 9/11 (2002)
If you want to hear several stories form survivors in the towers then watch Discovery Channel: Inside the Twin Towers (2006) or(in my opinion) the much better documentary ABC: 9/11/2002 ABC News Special (2002)
If you want to see how the situation unfolded outside the towers and around New York City then I recommend watching History Channel: 102 Minutes that Changed America (2008)
If you're interested in learning about the towers construction, the damage it sustained from the impacts and explanation of why they collapsed watch PBS Nova: Building on Ground Zero (2006)
If you're interested in all things related to WTC 7 including debunking of controlled demolition myths I recommend BBC: Conspiracy Files-The third tower (2008). However this came out BEFORE NIST's official report on the collapse, so if you want to see a summary on the exact reason for the collapse then just watch the NIST short video: WTC 7-Why the building fell (2008)
Finally if you want to know about the cleanup that took place at ground zero then I recommend seeing PBS: America rebuilds (2002)
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 04:13 PM   #15
fagin
Philosopher

As the OP hasn't logged in for a few years, I think you are wasting your time.
Old 4th February 2018, 06:46 PM   #16
MicahJava
Master Poster

Why do 9/11 conspiracy documentaries always have the best music? Loose Change, Citizen Investigation Team, September Clues, Psy-Opera, New Pearl Harbor...
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 07:31 PM   #17
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Why do 9/11 conspiracy documentaries always have the best music? snipped.
To distract viewers from the fact free content.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 08:34 PM   #18
Axxman300
Illuminator

The Secret History of 9-11 was the last documentary, made 2 years ago.

Most up-to-date, has ALL the major players too.
Old 5th February 2018, 04:56 AM   #19
Mark F
Graduate Poster

This season of Air Disasters on the Smithsonian Channel did an episode on Flight 77 that aired last month.
Old 5th February 2018, 12:15 PM   #20
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Why do 9/11 conspiracy documentaries always have the best music? Loose Change, Citizen Investigation Team, September Clues, Psy-Opera, New Pearl Harbor...
Why?, To fool people who can't think for themselves. Loose Change was put together as fiction, and the silly dumbed down claims sounded good to people who refuse to think for themselves. The music helps distract the 9/11 truth believers from realizing there is no evidence. 9/11 truth is built on lies, claims of overwhelming evidence for CD, but they never produce the evidence.

When you make up lies as dumb as 9/11 truth does, you need the best music as a smoke screen.

Anytime I find a group or claim which has truth in title, you have to be skeptical. Watch some Twilight Zone episodes, they will help build a healthy skeptical mind when it comes to packaging hate/lies/and stupidity in pretty packages to fool others.

Does the music cover up the idiotic lies? Were you fooled by the music, and ignored the fact 9/11 truth is bogus.
Old 16th March 2018, 05:10 PM   #21
MattNelson
Scholar

The last one I've noticed is "9/11: Truth, Lies and Conspiracies," a 2016 British look at the Saudi angle and the 28 pages, mostly. It's on Netflix. I watched weeks ago. Nothing stuck out as bad.

On my website I've gathered a long list of mainstream 9/11 documentaries. 66 or so, many with YouTube links.
http://www.911conspiracy.tv/mainstre...mentaries.html
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2018, 09:09 PM   #22
paloalto
Muse

In case you missed this!

This is the 9/11 Cover Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkd0C2t2s8
paloalto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2018, 10:57 AM   #23
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
In case you missed this!

This is the 9/11 Cover Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkd0C2t2s8
the video has proof 19 failed humans associated with UBL did 9/11

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories