ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags celebrity incidents , Coronavirus

Old 1st September 2020, 03:14 PM   #161
jnelso99
Muse

Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO had it and almost died:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1300508072448684033
jnelso99 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 01:36 AM   #162
Armitage72
Illuminator

Dwayne Johnson and his entire family.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 05:33 AM   #163
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

"We have gotten through Covid-19 stronger and healthier". Don't start that. Be thankful you've regained your former health and strength, don't start touting it as a health cure.
Old 3rd September 2020, 05:59 AM   #164
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
"We have gotten through Covid-19 stronger and healthier". Don't start that. Be thankful you've regained your former health and strength, don't start touting it as a health cure.
Agreed. But he is not famous for his brains.
Old 3rd September 2020, 06:32 AM   #165
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Tom Seaver, Miracle Mets 1969.
Old 3rd September 2020, 06:40 AM   #166
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO had it and almost died:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1300508072448684033
I know him as DEVO.
My kid grew up with him on a kids show called "Yo Gabba Gabba" where his segment taught kids to draw "Mark's Magic Pictures".

When I showed her the old DEVO punk videos, she still thought it was a kids show.
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:02 AM   #167
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
Tom Seaver, Miracle Mets 1969.
Is that confirmed to be COVID? I know he was not in good health in other ways, and had severe dementia, so I was not surprised to hear that he had died irrespective of COVID (even though he was only 76).
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:48 AM   #168
carlitos
"más divertido"

The last time I saw Devo was during the Republican primary season. Mark dedicated the song "Mongoloid" to Ted Cruz; it was horrible, inappropriate and awesome.

That sucks about Toots Hibbard. They are still playing festivals, during the past few years. Hope he recovers.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 04:16 PM   #169
rdaneel
Illuminator

Robert Pattinson has tested positive, 3 days after production of The Batman had restarted.
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 06:45 PM   #170
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Is that confirmed to be COVID? I know he was not in good health in other ways, and had severe dementia, so I was not surprised to hear that he had died irrespective of COVID (even though he was only 76).

All reports from various news sources I have read today say Lewy Body Dementia and COVID 19 was the cause of death. Pneumonia is one of the ways LBD is supposed to take you out so if he was COVID 19 as well, that probably accelerated the chances of his demise.
Old 4th September 2020, 12:51 AM   #171
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Silvio Berlusconi
Flavio Briatore

Quote:
He [Berlusconi] was recently pictured at his villa on the Costa Smeralda alongside Flavio Briatore, the former Formula One team boss and owner of the island’s Billionaire nightclub, where an outbreak occurred. As of late August, more than 60 coronavirus cases had been linked to the club, which hosted thousands of guests, including Italian and international VIPs, during the month.

Briatore was admitted to hospital last week after contracting the virus and is now isolating at home. “I came to visit my friend, the president: I love him so much and find him in good shape. Bravo Silvio,” Briatore said in a short video posted on Instagram.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sardinia-visit
Old 4th September 2020, 09:33 AM   #172
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Dwayne Johnson and his entire family.
On a wrestling related note:

WWE wrestler AJ Styles and TV interviewer Renee Young also tested positive.

And apparently there are several more (unnamed) wrestlers that gave it.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2020, 09:57 AM   #173
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
All reports from various news sources I have read today say Lewy Body Dementia and COVID 19 was the cause of death. Pneumonia is one of the ways LBD is supposed to take you out so if he was COVID 19 as well, that probably accelerated the chances of his demise.
But if it wasn't due solely to Covid, it doesn't count!
Old 4th September 2020, 02:25 PM   #174
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Famous in the South Pacific - the former Prime Minister of Cook Islands died of Covid yesterday: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12362436
Old 6th September 2020, 11:59 AM   #175
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Another actor... Michael Rooker (possibly most famous for playing yondu in guardians of the galaxy)

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 06:49 PM   #176
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

Who was that masked man?

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Agreed. But he is not famous for his brains.
"He [Dewayne Johnson] also encouraged his viewers to wear a mask. "It baffles me that some people out there, including some politicians, will take this idea of wearing a mask and make it a political agenda," he admitted. "It has nothing to do with politics. Wear your mask. It is a fact and it is the right thing to do and it's the responsible thing to do, not only for yourself, but for your family and loved ones and also for your fellow human beings.""
Old 6th September 2020, 07:10 PM   #177
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
"He [Dewayne Johnson] also encouraged his viewers to wear a mask. "It baffles me that some people out there, including some politicians, will take this idea of wearing a mask and make it a political agenda," he admitted. "It has nothing to do with politics. Wear your mask. It is a fact and it is the right thing to do and it's the responsible thing to do, not only for yourself, but for your family and loved ones and also for your fellow human beings.""
Yeah, I wasn’t really fair to him with that comment. He did not get where he is by being stupid. It would be a shame if his family took all the precautions and ended up infected anyway. It is good that they got through it ok.
Old 12th September 2020, 05:16 AM   #178
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

I'm not sure who Toots Hibbert is, but this report suggests he has died of coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54129388
Old 12th September 2020, 05:22 AM   #179
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

Only knew of Toots and the Maytals from their Glastonbury appearances, but by all accounts a significant loss to the world of reggae.
Old 12th September 2020, 05:39 AM   #180
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
I'm not sure who Toots Hibbert is, but this report suggests he has died of coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54129388

Not so famous, but well known here, RemieV, late of this parish, has Covid-19, and has been posting updates on her progress on Facebook.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2020, 10:22 AM   #181
carlitos
"más divertido"

RIP Toots.

If anyone can and will, please convey my best wishes to RemieV.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events