ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th September 2020, 04:30 PM   #121
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I do know that, but you're in such a minority that it hardly counts.

I do find it utterly hysterical how even the far-right took up the case of gun control when Bobby Seale et al carried them around, though.

Maybe a few black Americans need to start holding their guns at the ready when white folk walk past their homes.

I know how that turns out.

What in the world?

Is this parody?
(I honestly cannot tell if you are serious about this being what the US is really like)

Last edited by Sherkeu; 9th September 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 04:36 PM   #122
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

I dunno, does anybody remember the armed BLM march several months back after Arbery was killed? It didn't seem like anyone had any problems with that.
Old 9th September 2020, 07:10 PM   #123
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know about TA's view that the photo "sums up America", but it does sum up the attitudes of a disturbingly large percentage of Americans.

For mine, that photo shows a bunch of pretend soldiers engaging in a gratuitous dick-wagging display. I doubt very much whether many of those morons have ever served in the real military. None of them look like they would survive basic infantry training, let alone something like Marine Corps or Seal Team training. Similarly, I think they would run a mile if confronted with real, professional soldiers - either that or they would become dead - very quickly!

IMO, this whole set of scenarios explodes the myth that 2A was supposed to safeguard the people against a tyrannical government - right now, you have a corrupt tyranny operating out of the White House; these morons (and other like them) are defending it, not opposing it as they claimed they would.

The reason for 2A is dead.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 07:18 PM   #124
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
I dunno, does anybody remember the armed BLM march several months back after Arbery was killed? It didn't seem like anyone had any problems with that.

Yeah...led by "Grandmaster Jay" who is a bit of a con man. And by 'bit'...I mean a total con man who led the militia into dangerous positions. Seems in a past con he tried to make people believe he was "Grandmaster Flash" to get dj gigs. (sacrilege to early hip hop!).
His knowledge of firearms is roundly denounced online as being totally novice.

Take a look. This was in the SAME PLACE...Louisville Kentucky, but a month beforehand. The local Police shut down the roads for them to march. Then one of them shot themselves and a few others on accident.

Last edited by Sherkeu; 9th September 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 07:43 PM   #125
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Looks like a poorly-regulated militia to me.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 08:27 PM   #126
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

It's all just more dick-wagging- by the punks on the internet.
Old 9th September 2020, 09:17 PM   #127
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
It's all just more dick-wagging- by the punks on the internet.
I was thinking that of the militia guys who bring the biggest baddest guns they can.

Of course, there is no need for such an arsenal. A small pistol or even a glock would do better on the street for protection and to make some point about the 2nd amendment. But no....
Gotta bring out the BIG ones!

It's like a march of peacocks spreading their largest feathers.
Old 9th September 2020, 09:20 PM   #128
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
This one:

Mod WarningEdited for rule 4. The image is copyright. The image is available here - https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...?adppopup=true
Posted By:zooterkin

On one side, a bunch of young women, protesting peacefully.

On the other, a bunch of white male cowards with trigger fingers at the ready.

There aren't many places in the world idiots are allowed to behave that way, but thanks to the Sacred Scroll Second Amendment, it's perfectly acceptable in USA.

I bet those guys had to race home and have a wank after showing such bravery in the face of unarmed girls.

Any Americans wondering why the civilised world thinks you're all mad should take a look at the photo and never wonder again.
He was holding the gun safely. Is there a picture of the carnage after he opened fire? Then what's the problem?
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 10:31 PM   #129
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
He was holding the gun safely. Is there a picture of the carnage after he opened fire? Then what's the problem?
The problem is that they're allowed to walk around in public carrying deadly weapons.

- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 10:51 PM   #130
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
I was thinking that of the militia guys who bring the biggest baddest guns they can.

Of course, there is no need for such an arsenal. A small pistol or even a glock would do better on the street for protection and to make some point about the 2nd amendment. But no....
Gotta bring out the BIG ones!

It's like a march of peacocks spreading their largest feathers.
Of course they have to bring a BIG one - as a substitute for their small *****

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 11:29 PM   #131
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
The problem is that they're allowed to walk around in public carrying deadly weapons.
The good folks of Georgia, and Kentucky, and Michigan, etc... will have to take up that issue for themselves.
I will guess a place like Alaska will give a big 'f'you to any restrictions.

Try it in a public place anywhere in California and you'll get arrested in minutes.

Each local area has their own gun carry rules. The fed says you can have one, but it is lesser jurisdictions that determine how, who, what, where, and when you can carry it or use it.
Chicago has very strict gun legislation, but they still have a crap ton of gun deaths. Police are not the issue there.

Last edited by Sherkeu; 9th September 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10th September 2020, 12:16 AM   #132
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
The good folks of Georgia, and Kentucky, and Michigan, etc... will have to take up that issue for themselves.
I will guess a place like Alaska will give a big 'f'you to any restrictions.
The fact that so many people don't see it as a problem is a problem.

- Randall Munroe
Old 10th September 2020, 11:27 AM   #133
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Of course they have to bring a BIG one - as a substitute for their small *****
I keep saying there's a simple solution to this. Much like certain states are sending ballots to all registered voters, they can send something additional to NRA members.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

If it's good enough for Jimmy Johnson...
Old 10th September 2020, 11:48 AM   #134
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post

Thanks for that - first laugh I've had since I saw that Diana Rigg had died.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events