ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th May 2018, 12:02 PM   #201
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mondial View Post
One thing the Nazis were not competent in was locating and catching spies and traitors. The third reich high command was riddled with them. Attack plans were handed to the enemy by British and Soviet spies. And a lot of military projects and designs were deliberately sabotaged from within. This explains why a lot of advanced and forward thinking weapons went nowhere or only got to the testing stage. It didn't help that the Ultra code had been broken either -
http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scr...pple/wa00.html
https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8227
Your first linked source is sub titled
Worm in the Apple
German Traitors and Other Influences That Pushed the World Into War:
The little-known story of the men who destroyed Adolf Hitler's Germany
So the world was pushed to war by "German traitors". I can accept that, because the biggest traitor that to its misfortune Germany ever spawned, was the one that pushed the world into war, Adolf Hitler.

Last edited by Craig B; 24th May 2018 at 12:03 PM.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 12:18 PM   #202
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

Oi! He was spawned in Austria, thank you very much
Old 24th May 2018, 01:48 PM   #203
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HansMustermann View Post
Oi! He was spawned in Austria, thank you very much
Later he merged Austria with Germany. I suppose that makes him a traitor in two countries.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 02:45 PM   #204
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Later he merged Austria with Germany. I suppose that makes him a traitor in two countries.
He became a German in 1932. So - yeah!
Old 24th May 2018, 07:15 PM   #205
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The allies rarely needed Nazi attack plans from spies. Their operational security was so poor that simple recon could figure out many of their moves. German recon intelligence efforts were pathetic. Nazis managed operational surprise when their enemy was willfully ignorant or complacent. Even then they often failed.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 08:51 AM   #206
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
He became a German in 1932. So - yeah!
Some commentators question whether he was ever legally German.
The Ministry of State (of Braunschweig) then gave him the office of "administrator for the Braunschweig delegation in Berlin."

Devoid of all professional skills qualifying him for this position, the newly-naturalized immigrant immediately made several requests for vacation. And, as planned, he never took office.
Thus, in Austria a traitor and in Germany a usurping interloper.
Old 25th May 2018, 02:52 PM   #207
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Some commentators question whether he was ever legally German.
The Ministry of State (of Braunschweig) then gave him the office of "administrator for the Braunschweig delegation in Berlin."

Devoid of all professional skills qualifying him for this position, the newly-naturalized immigrant immediately made several requests for vacation. And, as planned, he never took office.
Thus, in Austria a traitor and in Germany a usurping interloper.
It's certainly an amusing article in Der Spiegel, but I don't see anyone questioning the legality of how Hitler acquired German citizenship.
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts