ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st May 2018, 01:53 AM   #41
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
Is it disdain if it is right on?
Not sure I understand your point here.
My original post (censored for reasons unclear to me) pointed out that the links in MJ's OP either do not work, or link to articles that refute the original claim.
The writers of this, and similar articles, obviously assume that most of their readers will simply accept the claims at face value, and not bother to follow up. This, to my mind, expresses disdain- an assumption that the vast majority of their readers are too lazy or too gullible (or both, of course) to check what they are being told.
What part of this are you referring to as "right on"?
Old 21st May 2018, 10:12 AM   #42
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Beachnut, if you think 9/11 conspiracy theories are ridiculous, you can only say so because they don't fit the evidence. But the government has indeed conceived of plans to stage attacks with fake airplanes, for example Operation Northwoods and the Bush-Blair 2003 meeting. So the idea of using such massive deceptions to start pointless war is actually historical fact.

We already know that Iraq was 100% pointless and forced to happen under false pretenses, which is another conspiracy theory that had later been proven to be true with zero repercussions for the guilty.
Operation Northwood was a PROPOSAL that was never adopted. Any extension to real life activities is a stretch of the imagination. Bush believed there were WMD and indicated he was going to act whether the UN gave its sanctions or not. This wasn't a proposal but a blueprint. Now we know that it was false, but nonetheless it was a plan, not some mystical proposal.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2018, 10:35 AM   #43
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Not sure I understand your point here.
My original post (censored for reasons unclear to me) pointed out that the links in MJ's OP either do not work, or link to articles that refute the original claim.
The writers of this, and similar articles, obviously assume that most of their readers will simply accept the claims at face value, and not bother to follow up. This, to my mind, expresses disdain- an assumption that the vast majority of their readers are too lazy or too gullible (or both, of course) to check what they are being told.
What part of this are you referring to as "right on"?
The part where most CT readers really are lazy and gullible?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2018, 11:34 AM   #44
MrFliop
Thinker

MicahJava

Saying you were lied to does not mean you believe 9/11 was an inside job. Many of the people who conducted the 9/11 Commission had problems with the way the investigation was going because, for example, there was huge partisianship between republicans and democrats, every agency that they talked to (NORAD, the CIA, FBI, FAA, etc.) tried shifting the blame to someone else, etc. However, NO ONE on the 9/11 Commission believes that 9/11 was an inside job, or even that the government allowed the attacks to happen. Even I have problems with the findings (and in some cases the lack thereof) of the 9/11 Commission. For example the Saudi Royal family refused to cooperate with the U.S. investigations. I think Bush and Cheney straight up lied to the commission when they said that the earliest order to shoot down hijacked planes came from Bush (I think Cheney gave that order out of fear and panic). However, that sure as hell doesn't mean I think 9/11 was an inside job.

Also, why do you only talk about the 9/11 Commission? There were plenty of official investigations into 9/11. There's also the NTSB investigations into each of the plane crashes and the data on the black boxes. The ASCE study on the Pentagon. The FBI's own investigation into 9/11 called PENTTBOM, which was the FBI's largest investigation ever (4 million man hours). The FEMA investigations. The NIST investigation into the collapse of the Twin Towers. The NIST investigation into the collapse of WTC7. etc. etc. None of these investigations found any shred of evidence pointing to inside job.

Last edited by MrFliop; 8th June 2018 at 11:35 AM.
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 02:48 AM   #45
JSanderO
Master Poster

Post 911 there was a cry to explain how it could have happened... ie why wasn't it prevented. Did the CIA drop the ball, the FBI, NORAD. NSA... all of them? We like to think we can prevent "crimes" and in some cases we can... of law enforcement is aware that a crime is being planned or better yet catch them red handed in the act. This is easier said than done... Usually law enforcement goes after the criminals AFTER they have done their mischief, apprehends, charges and so on.

Terrorism was a bit of an odd duck for law enforcement. It was usually planned in countries by unknown actors. To get advance info law enforcement needed to have intel and assets on the ground around the world where these crimes were planned. And grabbing foreign citizens in advance of their planned crime in other countries was virtually impossible legally. At best intel would watch very carefully and nab them in the act if they could. They couldn't.

Terrorism is usually very low tech and leave few planning footprints... Intel sees no troop movements and so on. They often use low tech untraceable forms of communications.. like word of mouth and messengers. So no intercepts of calls or emails etc. In the case of 9/11 the weapons use were box cutters, brute force, intimidation. Once hiacked the USA had no shoot down policy and had no idea what to expect and no ability to defend the chosen targets. The element of surprise worked for the terrorists as well.

We've see many low tech terrorists acts since and we will see many more. Now they rent vans and mow down people on city streets.... or burst into a crowded place with weapons... whether Las Vegas or Paris.

911 was a low tech crime which had enormous consequences and caught the USA national security system flatfooted. They were looking for incoming missiles, fighter bomber activities, troop movements, weapons movements and so on. Our traditional enemies had not used low tech "terrorism" in their arsenal.

Post 911, the "intel" services which were supposed to inform "us" of threats ... all of them dropped the ball. And they all passed the buck. Some blamed inter-agency information sharing problems... but the info was very thin in any case... no smoking guns. YES some of the actors were on the radar... but it seems that they had little more than that.

The terrorists are non state actors with political grievances/agendas. And to be effective they try to remain anonymous... their operatives... often chosen from impoverished angry young men who are disenfranchised.

Our responses has been to impose all manner of "screening" for weapons at public places... airports, gov buildings, theaters, arenas... inconveniencing millions of people.

Simply put our "national security apparatus" was not equipped or prepared to prevent terrorism or stop it once an act was underway.. other than to "take chase" of the terrorists if they hadn't killed themselves.
Old 10th June 2018, 06:43 AM   #46
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post
MicahJava

Saying you were lied to does not mean you believe 9/11 was an inside job. Many of the people who conducted the 9/11 Commission had problems with the way the investigation was going because, for example, there was huge partisianship between republicans and democrats, every agency that they talked to (NORAD, the CIA, FBI, FAA, etc.) tried shifting the blame to someone else, etc. However, NO ONE on the 9/11 Commission believes that 9/11 was an inside job, or even that the government allowed the attacks to happen. Even I have problems with the findings (and in some cases the lack thereof) of the 9/11 Commission. For example the Saudi Royal family refused to cooperate with the U.S. investigations. I think Bush and Cheney straight up lied to the commission when they said that the earliest order to shoot down hijacked planes came from Bush (I think Cheney gave that order out of fear and panic). However, that sure as hell doesn't mean I think 9/11 was an inside job.

Also, why do you only talk about the 9/11 Commission? There were plenty of official investigations into 9/11. There's also the NTSB investigations into each of the plane crashes and the data on the black boxes. The ASCE study on the Pentagon. The FBI's own investigation into 9/11 called PENTTBOM, which was the FBI's largest investigation ever (4 million man hours). The FEMA investigations. The NIST investigation into the collapse of the Twin Towers. The NIST investigation into the collapse of WTC7. etc. etc. None of these investigations found any shred of evidence pointing to inside job.

[nitpick]The NTSB didn't investigate any of the crashes. They were investigated by the FBI, as the criminal nature of the acts was self-evident. The NTSB provided technical assistance, such as reading those flight recorders that were recovered.[/nitpick]

CTs like to complain about the lack of NTSB "accident" reports, but all they're showing is their ignorance of the fact that since around 1980 (IIRC) federal law has made the FBI the lead investigative agency for criminal acts involving aircraft.

Excellent post otherwise, BTW.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2018, 10:34 PM   #47
MicahJava
Master Poster

What is the main party list of credible 9/11 evidence beyond the 19 hijackers that isn't from tortured prisoners? I'm sure there's a .gov website that carefully lays out every single verifiable piece of evidence for the public to understand the case. Just too lazy to Google.

Last edited by MicahJava; 17th June 2018 at 10:35 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 12:00 AM   #48
Axxman300
Illuminator

Just too lazy .
FIFY
Old 18th June 2018, 05:51 AM   #49
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What is the main party list of credible 9/11 evidence beyond the 19 hijackers that isn't from tortured prisoners? I'm sure there's a .gov website that carefully lays out every single verifiable piece of evidence for the public to understand the case. Just too lazy to Google.
What exactly is a "main party list" and would it differ from the FBI's? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PENTTBOM)

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 18th June 2018 at 05:57 AM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 05:53 AM   #50
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

This is where you start sounding like all the other Truthers. Could it have been been thermite that brought down Building 7? What about dustifying technology in orbit around the Earth? Is it possible that there were no planes after all, and the buildings were brought down by mini-nukes?

If your claim is that the only reason to believe 19 Muslim fanatics and their support teams are responsible for 9/11 is stuff that got made-up by torturing random people, then what won't you believe?
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 18th June 2018 at 06:07 AM.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 05:55 AM   #51
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I wouldn't bother if I were you. It's easier just to continue claiming that your superior knowledge and understanding of the events of the day makes it clear to you that the conventional understanding of events is wrong, without having to actually acquire the said superior knowledge and understanding. Claims of superiority are so much more easily sustainable when their premises remain unexamined.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 07:39 AM   #52
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Where is your website with verifiable evidence for your case?

So you believe fantasy versions of 9/11 you can't support with evidence. You failed to comprehend real evidence, refuse to, and go for the unsupported claptrap of 9/11 truth. It is a fact 19 terrorists stood up and attacked the cockpits of four aircraft. You can hear Flight 93 pilots screaming on ATC freq, but you ignore reality and believe idiotic plot lines you can't define.

The thread, "The 9/11 Commission Didn’t Believe the Government … So Why Should We?" is the same failed anti-logic, the 9/11 Commission is the government. The story of 9/11 comes from humans who died on 9/11, and their last words are evidence of who, and how they fooled their way to take planes while faking hijackings and using aircraft as weapons with KE from 1200 pounds of TNT to 2093 pounds of TNT. You failed to read the report.

9/11 truth is based on the kind of thinking which brings us this thread; failure to comprehend. 9/11 truth is based on an inability to apply science/physics to events precipitated by 19 failed humans mislead by UBL's thinking.

Admitting, too lazy to gather reality based evidence.

17 years, and you can't explain your version of 9/11 using facts and evidence.

Was it a few days, or weeks, I knew 19 terrorists boarded four planes faking hijackings to give them time to hit the WTC and Pentagon. Flight 93 passengers figured out 9/11 in minutes, and took action, something 9/11 truth has not done for 17 years, figure out 9/11.

9/11 plot and execution by 9/11 failed humans was simple, it is amazing people falls for the dumbed down fantasy versions 9/11 truth offers.

Where is your/9/11 truth's website that carefully lays out every single verifiable piece of evidence for the public to understand the case for the varied dumbed down plot lines of 9/11 truth, and your plot line? Go ahead, entertain us.

19 terrorists boarded four planes, no one was tortured to gain this knowledge, thousands were murdered by these 19, and you can't figure it out.
Four planes were crashed, no one was tortured to figure this out.
Which part of 9/11 that you have problems with was based on torture? Fire bringing down WTC 7? Failure of towers in fire? Pentagon fire? DNA from some of the terrorists?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 08:58 AM   #53
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

...Just too lazy not interested in facts.
FTFY

A 9/11 Truther is best defined as a person who makes wrong claims about the events of 9/11 on the internet. I propose that one way to classify Truthers is to look at the reasons why they make wrong claims. Micah represents the class "not actually interested in the truth". Other classes may be "cannot think", "false perception of how the world turns", "cynical liar.

Then again, we usually cannot look behind foreheads, especially when we are dealing with mere online presences. A cynical liar could simply troll a forum and pretend to be not actually interested in the truth.
Old 19th June 2018, 03:17 AM   #54
JSanderO
Master Poster

And then there are those who believe all the evidence presented by AE911T and that the official evidence is made up out of whole cloth.
Old 28th June 2018, 01:23 PM   #55
Allen773
Muse

Edited thread title:

The 9/11 Commission Didn't Subscribe to "Truther"-ism...So Why Should We?
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 03:55 PM   #56
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Edited thread title:

Amicus Plato sed magis amica veritas -Aristotle

Plato is my friend, but truth is a better friend.

Truth once elicited never dies -Bancroft

twoofers versus twidiots , twaitors , twusters and boil-thuckers
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 05:03 PM   #57
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
And then there are those who believe all the evidence presented by AE911T and that the official evidence is made up out of whole cloth.
"There are some who believe that life here began out there..."

Sorry, read this and had a BSG moment. The AE911T "evidence" has as much weight as the evidence for the existence of Kobol.
Old 1st July 2018, 06:25 PM   #58
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The truth is exposed, No Better Friends to be found in 9/11 truth.

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post

There was no better friend in 9/11 truth. 9/11 is comprised of liars, frauds, and super skeptical gullible followers of 9/11 truth.

The OP failed -
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 07:50 PM   #59
paloalto
Muse

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
MicahJava,

the "official story" which 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists claim is essentially false, and a significantly different story needs to be put in its place, is roughly this:
  1. 19 Sunni Arabic men, inspired and sponsored by OBL, lead by KSM, motivated by grievances rooted in their extremist flavour of Muslim faith, were trained in Afghanistan and at flight schools in the USA,
  2. preparations which several US services did not detect as a larger consoiracy in time to prevent the attack,
  3. these 19 hijacked 4 commercial airliners at knife-point,
  4. piloted them into three buildings and a field using the usual cockpit controls,
  5. while airport security and NORAD failed to intecept them.
  6. The crashes started devastating fires, destroyed several buildings, and resulted in almost 3,000 deaths
Do you agree that this outline fairly captured the "official" or "government story"? Did I forget anything important? Then feel free to add.

Now please provide us with any and all names of Commission members and/or staffers who disagree with this story, and tell us which elements, specifically they disagree with (make reference to the numbered list above!), and what they believe happened instead!

Prediction: Micah Java will NOT answer this request. He will NOT name a single Commission member/staffer who substantially disagrees with any element of the commonly accepted narrative, because in actual truth, none of them believes the official story is wrong. None. MJ must know this, but won't ever admit this truth. A 9/11 "Truther" is, after all, best defined as a person who claims anything about 9/11 except the truth. A "Truther" will never, under no circumstances whatsoever, give a straight and honest answer to a straight and honest question about 9/11, if it reveals as lies the utterings of the "Truth" Movement.
"Do you agree that this outline fairly captured the "official" or "government story"?

No I don't and most even semi-reasonably intelligent people do not agree with you.

"Did I forget anything important? Then feel free to add."

Yes you did. You basically left out most of the story on 9/11.

Your claim for the official story official story is completely misleading and a complete omission of what had taken place that had allowed the attacks on 9/11 to take place. You intentionally left out all of the information from the many official reports on 9/11, other than the 9/11 Commission report, which was nothing but a government cover up of what had allowed the attacks to take place. These other reports prove that the CIA had deliberately allowed the attacks on 9/11 to take place.

The 9/11 Commission report was put out to convinced the American people, that the CIA did not deliberately allow the attacks on 9/11 to take place. It was really intended to convinced people who had not read these other reports. These other reports prove that the CIA, using FBI HQ agents that they had secretly corrupted, shut down all investigations of al Qaeda terrorists found inside the US, so that there would be no possible actions taken by FBI field agents to interfere in any way with the terrorists who were to carry out this huge attack.

Since the information presented in the 9/11 Commission report does not even begin to make any sense, only total complete retards are stupid enough to believe the information presented by this report.
paloalto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 08:36 PM   #60
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
"Do you agree that this outline fairly captured the "official" or "government story"?

No I don't and most even semi-reasonably intelligent people do not agree with you.

Your claim for the official story official story is completely misleading and a complete omission of what had taken place that had allowed the attacks on 9/11 to take place. You intentionally left out all of the information from the many official reports on 9/11, other than the 9/11 Commission report, which was nothing but a government cover up of what had allowed the attacks to take place. These other reports prove that the CIA had deliberately allowed the attacks on 9/11 to take place.

The 9/11 Commission report was put out to convinced the American people, that the CIA did not deliberately allow the attacks on 9/11 to take place. It was really intended to convinced people who had not read these other reports. These other reports prove that the CIA, using FBI HQ agents that they had secretly corrupted, shut down all investigations of al Qaeda terrorists found inside the US, so that there would be no possible actions taken by FBI field agents to interfere in any way with the terrorists who were to carry out this huge attack.

Since the information presented in the 9/11 Commission report does not even begin to make any sense, only total complete retards are stupid enough to believe the information presented by this report.
You can't figure out 9/11? 19 terrorists did 9/11 by faking hijacking. Anyone, even idiots could figure out the USA before 9/11 treated hijackings a certain way. Anyone who knows the USAF, knew before 9/11 the USA did not intercept hijacked planes over the USA. Ask DB Cooper when you find him how the USA handled hijackings, since he jumped out of an airliner with lots of money... and no one shot him down. Just for your info, the USAF does war, the FBI does crime.

The 9/11 commission is a political investigation, the FBI did the criminal investigation. Your problem with the 9/11 commision has failed to produce evidence for any conclusion. Big failure.

I have no idea how you can stop a crime which used our weaknesses against us. How do you prevent a crime before it happens? Go ahead, tell me how the CIA, FBI, police, USAF can read minds? As suspected you can't read minds.

Your story is nonsense. Why is it nonsense, because you failed to provide evidence. Got evidence, no.

How would the CIA know 19 terrorists would crash four planes into the USA by faking hijackings?

Looking back at the plot of 9/11 by 19 terrorists, I see that only 5 or 6 nuts associated with UBL had to know the exact plot. 5 or 6, not 19, or more. The 15 other terrorists did not have to know it was "last day", only the four pilots. The plot was based on the fact the USA reaction to hijacking plays out in hours or days, and this is a known factor before 9/11.

Did you blame the police the last time you experienced crime?

Why did you fail to warn the USA. I recall that you knew about 9/11 before 9/11, did you tell the FBI of your mind reading skills?

The fact is our justice system, our hijacking procedures prior to 9/11, our freedom of movement (which we assume is right for all), our culture was used against us because a spoiled Saudi "freedom fighter" ignored our ideals, and hated us for being in Saudi land with troops, and other things. UBL made it clear, he would kill Americans (okay USA people), when and where he could.

If you did not suspect UBL at the second plane impact, you were not up to speed on INTEL prior to 2001.

Have you contacted the FBI yet, it seems in your story there are CIA agents which need to be jailed. Do you take action, or post nonsense?
Old 1st July 2018, 09:00 PM   #61
paloalto
Muse

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Edited thread title:

What you really meant was "The 9/11 Commission Didn't Subscribe to "Truth"...So Why Should We?
paloalto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 09:38 PM   #62
paloalto
Muse

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You can't figure out 9/11? 19 terrorists did 9/11 by faking hijacking. Anyone, even idiots could figure out the USA before 9/11 treated hijackings a certain way. Anyone who knows the USAF, knew before 9/11 the USA did not intercept hijacked planes over the USA. Ask DB Cooper when you find him how the USA handled hijackings, since he jumped out of an airliner with lots of money... and no one shot him down. Just for your info, the USAF does war, the FBI does crime.

The 9/11 commission is a political investigation, the FBI did the criminal investigation. Your problem with the 9/11 commision has failed to produce evidence for any conclusion. Big failure.

I have no idea how you can stop a crime which used our weaknesses against us. How do you prevent a crime before it happens? Go ahead, tell me how the CIA, FBI, police, USAF can read minds? As suspected you can't read minds.

Your story is nonsense. Why is it nonsense, because you failed to provide evidence. Got evidence, no.

How would the CIA know 19 terrorists would crash four planes into the USA by faking hijackings?

Looking back at the plot of 9/11 by 19 terrorists, I see that only 5 or 6 nuts associated with UBL had to know the exact plot. 5 or 6, not 19, or more. The 15 other terrorists did not have to know it was "last day", only the four pilots. The plot was based on the fact the USA reaction to hijacking plays out in hours or days, and this is a known factor before 9/11.

Did you blame the police the last time you experienced crime?

Why did you fail to warn the USA. I recall that you knew about 9/11 before 9/11, did you tell the FBI of your mind reading skills?

The fact is our justice system, our hijacking procedures prior to 9/11, our freedom of movement (which we assume is right for all), our culture was used against us because a spoiled Saudi "freedom fighter" ignored our ideals, and hated us for being in Saudi land with troops, and other things. UBL made it clear, he would kill Americans (okay USA people), when and where he could.

If you did not suspect UBL at the second plane impact, you were not up to speed on INTEL prior to 2001.

Have you contacted the FBI yet, it seems in your story there are CIA agents which need to be jailed. Do you take action, or post nonsense?

You wrote:

"The 9/11 commission is a political investigation, the FBI did the criminal investigation. Your problem with the 9/11 commision has failed to produce evidence for any conclusion. Big failure."

The 9/11 Commission report stated "we wanted to know why we were so surprised", why did the CIA, and the US not know about this attacks prior to 9/11. It turns out they did know about this attack and in fact had more than enough information to stop this attack well before 9/11. It is clear that you left this our of your post making your post pure nonsense.

You wrote:

"I have no idea how you can stop a crime which used our weaknesses against us. How do you prevent a crime before it happens? Go ahead, tell me how the CIA, FBI, police, USAF can read minds? As suspected you can't read minds."

They did not have to read minds, all they had to do was read that actual material that the terrorists had not only written down but had even published world wide. You would have to be pretty stupid not to read the material that the al Qaeda terrorists had written down.To figure out what they were going to do, you didn't have to read any minds, just not be completely stupid. The CIA claimed what might be called, the "stupid defense" that they were just too stupid to connected the dots, because they had no other defense to prove that they did not deliberately allow the al Qaeda terrorists to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

You wrote:

"Your story is nonsense. Why is it nonsense, because you failed to provide evidence. Got evidence, no."

I have already provided copious evidence, go read the evidence I have already provided in this very forum.

You wrote:

"How would the CIA know 19 terrorists would crash four planes into the USA by faking hijackings?"

They were given this information on June 12, 2001, according to the 9/11 Commission report, you apparently have never read the 9/11 Commision report, small wonder you are so uninformed about the facts behind 9/11.
Old 1st July 2018, 10:07 PM   #63
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You wrote:

"The 9/11 commission is a political investigation, the FBI did the criminal investigation. Your problem with the 9/11 commision has failed to produce evidence for any conclusion. Big failure."

The 9/11 Commission report stated "we wanted to know why we were so surprised", why did the CIA, and the US not know about this attacks prior to 9/11. It turns out they did know about this attack and in fact had more than enough information to stop this attack well before 9/11. It is clear that you left this our of your post making your post pure nonsense.

You wrote:

"I have no idea how you can stop a crime which used our weaknesses against us. How do you prevent a crime before it happens? Go ahead, tell me how the CIA, FBI, police, USAF can read minds? As suspected you can't read minds."

They did not have to read minds, all they had to do was read that actual material that the terrorists had not only written down but had even published world wide. You would have to be pretty stupid not to read the material that the al Qaeda terrorists had written down.To figure out what they were going to do, you didn't have to read any minds, just not be completely stupid. The CIA claimed what might be called, the "stupid defense" that they were just too stupid to connected the dots, because they had no other defense to prove that they did not deliberately allow the al Qaeda terrorists to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

You wrote:

"Your story is nonsense. Why is it nonsense, because you failed to provide evidence. Got evidence, no."

I have already provided copious evidence, go read the evidence I have already provided in this very forum.

You wrote:

"How would the CIA know 19 terrorists would crash four planes into the USA by faking hijackings?"

They were given this information on June 12, 2001, according to the 9/11 Commission report, you apparently have never read the 9/11 Commision report, small wonder you are so uninformed about the facts behind 9/11.
Oh, I did read the report. Your claim I did not read the report is the same as your claim you have evidence to support your claims; failure.

lol, uninformed, as you fail to provide evidence.

Big Clue: if you had evidence, you would have a Pulitzer exactly like Watergate, if you teemed with a newspaper to earn it. But you offer no evidence.

Where is your Pulitzer? exactly, you lost your evidence on the way to the newspaper to team up with
Old 1st July 2018, 10:15 PM   #64
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The 9/11 Commission Didn’t Believe the Government … So Why Should We?
We need to check the evidence. Don't fall for opinions, and false claims.

I wonder if judicial use, under a doctor's supervision, of something like these, risperidone, quetiapine, olanzapine, clozapine, ziprasidone, might stop some 9/11 truth believers from falling for nonsense.
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:56 AM   #65
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

I, and others, have provided detailed rebuttals to this so-called evidence. Have you read them?
Old 3rd July 2018, 02:49 PM   #66
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

When Aristotle was born in 384 BCE, Rome had only just begun to expand to outside its own city limits (Veii, a city just 11 miles away, was conquered in 394; between those two dates, Rome was sacked by the Gauls under Brennus and basically started over. At that time, Rome had two legions, oor 12,000 soldiers under weapons - that's all)
When Aristotle died in 322 BCE, Rome had just managed to conquer her fellow Latin tribesmen along the western coast of mid-Italy, but had not yet been seriously in contact with the Greek world: The Phyrric wars and the conquest of the Greek colonies in southern Italy came in the following century.

Aristotle did not speak Latin, and most probably had never heard of the language, perhaps not even its speakers.

So quoting Aristotle in Latin, the lingua franca of a later age, is somewhat silly and does not make you look educated, it makes you look slightly ignorant of history. You could have quoted him in English without ado - it's the lingua franca of a later age, too.
Old 3rd July 2018, 02:56 PM   #67
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A) Which official reports on 9/11 have concluded and made public the idea that the CIA had deliberately allowed the attacks on 9/11 to take place? Please provide full citations!

B) Now please provide us with any and all names of 9/11 Commission members and/or staffers who disagree with the official story as I outlined it, with or without your addition included, and tell us which elements, specifically they disagree with (make reference to the numbered list above!), and what they believe happened instead! That was the part in my post, quoted by you, that I had already marked in red and bold face the first time I wrote it, to tip you all off that this is the question I am really asking. You failed to answer it. (Truthers NEVER give straight and honest answers to straight questions that are relevant in context)
Old 6th July 2018, 08:21 AM   #68
Allen773
Muse

What paloalto’s citations say:
The CIA and FBI argued constantly with and among each other prior to 9/11 while hunting known and suspected al-Qaeda operatives, which ended up in the failure to stop an al-Qaeda operation on US soil that killed 3000 people. In an absolutely shocking turn of events, there was a lot of CYA on the part of government officials in and outside of these agencies, along with mutual recriminations, efforts to shift blame, and so on.

What paloalto says: These citations conclusively demonstrate that the US government intentionally allowed 9/11 to happen.

Hmm...
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2018, 09:47 AM   #69
Fonebone
persona non grata

When Aristotle was born in 384 BCE, Rome had only just begun to expand to outside its own city limits (Veii, a city just 11 miles away, was conquered in 394; between those two dates, Rome was sacked by the Gauls under Brennus and basically started over. At that time, Rome had two legions, oor 12,000 soldiers under weapons - that's all)
When Aristotle died in 322 BCE, Rome had just managed to conquer her fellow Latin tribesmen along the western coast of mid-Italy, but had not yet been seriously in contact with the Greek world: The Phyrric wars and the conquest of the Greek colonies in southern Italy came in the following century.

Aristotle did not speak Latin, and most probably had never heard of the language, perhaps not even its speakers.

So quoting Aristotle in Latin, the lingua franca of a later age, is somewhat silly and
does not make you look educated, it makes you look slightly ignorant of history.

You could have quoted him in English without ado - it's the lingua franca of a later age, too.

Thank you Oystein
You're not the first forum member to point to that out.
Our brief conversation begins here if you're interested.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...17#post5788017

Drink deep or taste not the Pierian Spring - _Alexander Pope

Last edited by Fonebone; 6th July 2018 at 10:09 AM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2018, 03:35 PM   #70
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you Oystein
You're welcome, Fonebone.

You're not the first forum member to point to that out.
Our brief conversation begins here if you're interested.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...17#post5788017
You could have quoted Seneca in Latin, why didn't you?
Old 6th July 2018, 05:03 PM   #71
Fonebone
persona non grata

You're welcome, Fonebone.

You could have quoted Seneca in Latin, why didn't you?
Hmmm
Mostly for expedency. Seneca's quotation in Latin would translate to...

"Omnem pecuniam praemium honesta quamdiu aliqua pia convalescunt,
sed si cito mutant stipendiis pars meliorem reddit diabolo"

Hardly concise or piquent like Aristotle's quotation.

Old 6th July 2018, 05:43 PM   #72
Wolrab
Illuminator

They had reddit back then? Live and learn.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2018, 02:49 AM   #73
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm
Mostly for expedency. Seneca's quotation in Latin would translate to...

"Omnem pecuniam praemium honesta quamdiu aliqua pia convalescunt,
sed si cito mutant stipendiis pars meliorem reddit diabolo"
Hahaha no, it very definitely wouldn't This butchering of Latim makes you look less than educated
Hardly concise or piquent like Aristotle's quotation.
There is nothing "piquent" about quoting an author in a language that's entirely foreign and mysterious to both him and you, Fonebone. It's wanting but failing.

There is another extremely typical sort of Truther behaviour here: Truthers never admit, let alone correct, mistakes and errors of judgement. Why, if they ever did, they'd cease being Truthers at once!

You flunked the Aristotle quote (irrelevant language) and the Latin for Seneca. Just admit it, and move on. That's the only way to eventually get rid of the pie in your face.
Old 7th July 2018, 12:13 PM   #74
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Drink deep or taste not the Pierian Spring - _Alexander Pope
So true of 9/11 truth, shallow knowledge leads to supreme gullibility. sums up the failure of the OP
Old 11th July 2018, 09:06 AM   #75
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
So true of 9/11 truth, shallow knowledge leads to supreme gullibility. sums up the failure of the OP

A wise man once whispered wisdom to an ass, and the ass wiggled his ears. _translated from Greek

Last edited by Fonebone; 11th July 2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11th July 2018, 09:22 AM   #76
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

9/11 truth lies about 9/11, a fringe few blindly believed parroting the lies

The OP remains and every will be, failed
Old 11th July 2018, 09:55 AM   #77
carlitos
"más divertido"

There is a poster in another section who has written his own axiom based on that of William Ockham (an English dude) and google-translated it into Italian to make it sound more impressive.

"Butchering of Latim" would be a good name for a Portuguese punk band.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 11:09 AM   #78
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

No evidence for cretinous 9/11 truth claims, post a quote.
Old 13th July 2018, 01:59 AM   #79
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

A wise man once whispered wisdom to an ass, and the ass wiggled his ears. _translated from Greek
Well you may be wrong about 9/11, but at least you've got a good party trick.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:48 AM   #80
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Answer to the OP:
You don't believe "people" or "entities". You judge on substance. And on substance, there is plenty to substantiate the basic engineering premise of the building collapses, and the basic premise of the sequence of events that led to the attacks.

Doesn't mean there has never been room to criticize or make some corrections, but the pverall narratives check out and the TM version of evebts do not

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories