IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th January 2023, 04:21 AM   #281
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

What?

Treachery? High treason? Constitutional crisis?

WTF?

This is a spoiled brat whingeing.

And if the royals are as powerless as their apologists keep insisting, then how the **** does this squabble between a bunch of powerless rich kids become a "constitutional crisis", let alone "high treason"?
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 05:13 AM   #282
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am not interested in personalities. You were the one gushing about how wonderful Northwestern is. Not interested.

I just can't see that a jumped up cable tv actress should be pushing the UK around and preaching at us all about 'compassion', when the way they have behaved is anything but compassionate.
Of course you aren't! It's there in black and yellow!
Old 19th January 2023, 06:11 AM   #283
SteveAitch
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Of course you aren't! It's there in black and yellow!
No need to get waspish!

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 06:40 AM   #284
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
What?

Treachery? High treason? Constitutional crisis?

WTF?

This is a spoiled brat whingeing.

And if the royals are as powerless as their apologists keep insisting, then how the **** does this squabble between a bunch of powerless rich kids become a "constitutional crisis", let alone "high treason"?
Harry is trying to undermine his own father and brother.

Quote:
Treason is the crime of attacking a state authority to which one owes allegiance.
wiki

The correct way to change the constitution in any democracy is via parliament.

The premise of Harry's book is that because he was a 'spare' his brother squabbled and fought with him (nonsense, it's what siblings do); that the press wrote stories about his wild drug taking and partying, likewise. He must know this is pure vindictiveness rather than anything mired in truth. So 'Willy' and Kate failed to immediately bond with 'my wife'. Really?

The behaviour of this pair whilst Philip and the Queen were on their deathbeds and Meghan mocking Her Maj with her jeering curtsey shows them to be absolutely despicable and devoid of any good character.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 07:03 AM   #285
JoeMorgue
Suspended

"If your family treats you like crap but they are Royalty then complaining about it publicly is treason" is a stance that is bold and daring in both its stupidity and wrongness.

And as others have said I wish all you subjects would make up your goddamn minds as to what power your Royal Family actually has.

How the hell do you commit treason against what we keep getting told over and over are just meaningless figureheads?

Are they your Kardashians or your Leaders? Make up your goddamn mind.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 07:13 AM   #286
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
"If your family treats you like crap but they are Royalty then complaining about it publicly is treason" is a stance that is bold and daring in both its stupidity and wrongness.

And as others have said I wish all you subjects would make up your goddamn minds as to what power your Royal Family actually has.

How the hell do you commit treason against what we keep getting told over and over are just meaningless figureheads?

"Oh that's just old stuff - no one would be charged for treason in this day and age".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-63139475

"..5th October 2022 ....

Jaswant Singh Chail appeared via video-link to face three charges, including an offence under the Treason Act....."
Old 19th January 2023, 09:14 AM   #287
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

But Chucky and Wills aren't "state authority": they are powerless figureheads, as the apologists keep telling us. And most of us owe them nothing, let alone "allegiance".

This is really desperate, thin gruel, even by the standards of this sort of thread.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 19th January 2023 at 09:15 AM.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 11:31 AM   #288
TomB
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am not interested in personalities. You were the one gushing about how wonderful Northwestern is. Not interested.
Do you even read what you post?

You were the one who questioned whether she was a serious actress because she didn't go to some precious acting school in the UK. I merely pointed out that she went to a serious, reputable theater school in the U.S., demonstrating that you were incorrect.
Quote:
I just can't see that a jumped up cable tv actress should be pushing the UK around and preaching at us all about 'compassion', when the way they have behaved is anything but compassionate.
First of all, I don't see where she is "pushing the U.K." around.
What I do see is you using terms like "jumped up" which means "having too high an opinion of their importance." For which I have seen no evidence.

And for not being interested in personalities, you sure seem critical of hers.
TomB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 07:34 PM   #289
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Obviously, they are both.
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 07:37 PM   #290
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Kind of like our president.
Old 19th January 2023, 11:03 PM   #291
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Kind of like our president.
How so?
Old 20th January 2023, 10:19 AM   #292
Aber
Graduate Poster

US opinion of Harry & Meghan appears to be changing:

https://www.newsweek.com/meghan-mark...olling-1774669

Quote:
The Duchess of Sussex had a net approval rating of -13 and Camilla is at -8 following a survey of 2,000 eligible U.S. voters by Redfield & Wilton on Monday. The data was collected six days after the publication of Prince Harry's memoir, Spare.

The Duke of Sussex was not far behind, at -7, after his book publicity tour and the couple's recent Netflix docuseries, Harry & Meghan, appeared to collapse their U.S. popularity.
Quote:
As recently as December 5, Harry was at +38 and Meghan at +23
Aber is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events