ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , assault incidents , Chicago incidents , Jussie Smollett

Old 16th March 2019, 05:32 AM   #3121
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

One of the brothers just won a boxing match by delivering a knockout in the first round...

Originally Posted by TMZ
The Osundairo brothers told Chicago police if they really wanted to hurt Jussie Smollett, they could've killed him ... and here's proof.

We've obtained video of Abel Osundairo throwing haymakers Thursday night in Chicago, and you can tell the "Empire" extra is a beast in the ring. Take solace in the fact you weren't his opponent.

Remember, Abel's lawyer says Jussie told the brothers he wanted Abel to "attack" him, but not rough him up too badly. Judging by his boxing skills, Abel suppressed his true strength during the "attack."...
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/16/abel-...mollett-attack
Old 16th March 2019, 01:23 PM   #3122
mgidm86
Philosopher

And that's a knockout in less than a minute. Pretty impressive. Jussie must be one bad dude to defend against TWO of these guys and come out virtually unscathed! He coulda been a contenda!
Old 16th March 2019, 02:58 PM   #3123
yeti101
Thinker

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
And that's a knockout in less than a minute. Pretty impressive. Jussie must be one bad dude to defend against TWO of these guys and come out virtually unscathed! He coulda been a contenda!
I heard Jussie is a black belt in hair pulling
yeti101 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2019, 03:11 PM   #3124
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by yeti101 View Post
I heard Jussie is a black belt in hair pulling
Maybe so, but he failed the noose removal part of the course.
Old 16th March 2019, 05:39 PM   #3125
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Maybe so, but he failed the noose removal part of the course.
I expect he skipped that module. Noose attacks being virtually unknown, and all.

I mean, how retarded is this whole narrative, when you stop to think about it?

When was the last time we heard of a hate crime that involved hanging props on an unharmed victim? Where did this noose idea even come from?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2019, 06:15 PM   #3126
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I expect he skipped that module. Noose attacks being virtually unknown, and all.

I mean, how retarded is this whole narrative, when you stop to think about it?

When was the last time we heard of a hate crime that involved hanging props on an unharmed victim? Where did this noose idea even come from?
And yet there appears to be some who still believe him. I will never understand the thought processes.
Old 19th March 2019, 08:47 AM   #3127
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
And yet there appears to be some who still believe him. I will never understand the thought processes.
Tbf, is there any interpretation of events that is not bizzare? From the Worlds Most Incompetent Hoax Attempt to CPD trumping up charges to the Osundario's covering their own crimes with a goofy story, there isn't much to make one version more believable than the others.

Smollett pled not guilty. If there was a strong case against him, bad move (as opposed to a plea). In light of how off the wall the whole ordeal is, maybe we are putting too much credibility on the Osundario's version?
Old 19th March 2019, 08:52 AM   #3128
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
In light of how off the wall the whole ordeal is, maybe we are putting too much credibility on the Osundario's version?
The Chicago police say that they have the attack practice session on security camera video.
Old 19th March 2019, 08:55 AM   #3129
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Tbf, is there any interpretation of events that is not bizzare?
The only one I can think of is, "most criminals are really stupid." Fortunately, that is more than enough to interpret this whole incident.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 09:02 AM   #3130
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The Chicago police say that they have the attack practice session on security camera video.
Ok. What does it actually show? Grainy CC vid of bundled up guys walking in the cold? Based on the earlier persons of interest pics, I highly doubt this vid is clear enough to demonstrate anything to criminal proof standards
Old 19th March 2019, 09:09 AM   #3131
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The only one I can think of is, "most criminals are really stupid." Fortunately, that is more than enough to interpret this whole incident.
Accepting that level of stupidity makes me inclined to accept any level from any of the players. Even CPD accepting a ridiculous tale from the Osundarios to nail Jussie.
Old 19th March 2019, 09:18 AM   #3132
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Ok. What does it actually show? Grainy CC vid of bundled up guys walking in the cold? Based on the earlier persons of interest pics, I highly doubt this vid is clear enough to demonstrate anything to criminal proof standards
So far it appears that his accomplices are cooperating with the prosecution. If they says "yeah, that's us and Jussie" it will be fine.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 09:28 AM   #3133
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
So far it appears that his accomplices are cooperating with the prosecution. If they says "yeah, that's us and Jussie" it will be fine.
And if Smollett says that they are lying? Or that they did meet, and walk around, but it was to score ecstasy or some other reason?

The whole of the evidence seems to hinge on the brothers recounting, rather than hard evidence. Pure spitballing: the Osundarios were or were planning to shake down Smollett. They are at least marginally competent petty criminals and had Plan B at the ready. CPD buys it. Is that much loopier than a staged hoax?
Old 19th March 2019, 09:32 AM   #3134
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It will show the CPD that the brothers are telling the truth. It would corroborate their story. The police would be looking for ways to see if the brothers are being honest.

Another is the video of the brothers buying the rope.

Investigators can actually use these bits of forensic evidence and even more to test the honesty of the brothers.

Meanwhile, Smollett has failed their tests of honesty.
Old 19th March 2019, 09:41 AM   #3135
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Accepting that level of stupidity makes me inclined to accept any level from any of the players. Even CPD accepting a ridiculous tale from the Osundarios to nail Jussie.
Oh, for sure. We could be looking at a perfect storm of spread-spectrum criminal stupidity.
Old 19th March 2019, 10:19 AM   #3136
carlitos
"más divertido"

On the bright side, State's Attorney Kim Foxx might be exposed for her corruption as part of this investigation.

Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
After being approached by a politically connected lawyer, State’s Attorney Kimberly Foxx asked Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn over the investigation of Jussie Smollett’s reported attack to the FBI, according to communications provided to the Tribune.

Foxx reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.” Tchen, a close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, said she was acting on behalf of the “Empire” actor and his family. A relative later exchanged texts with Foxx.
I remember my optimism that we would be rid of some of this machine politics back when we sent Obama, Emanuel, Axelrod, Bill Daley and all of these clowns to Washington back in 2008. So naive.

Last edited by carlitos; 19th March 2019 at 10:22 AM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events