ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ISIS issues

Old 14th February 2019, 11:55 AM   #41
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Archie Gemmill Goal View Post
She should be allowed to return and tried in a court. I'm not sure the kid should be allowed to stay with her regardless.
This. She should be allowed to return,but face the consequences for her actions.
I admit my sypmathy for somebody who joins a group as viscous as ISIS is very limited.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 11:56 AM   #42
Venom
Master Poster

Converts just can't maintain fever-pitch zeal when their world is not evidently coming to an end. Young Kurd women fought on, but privileged teenage Westerners break after a few years.

Who woulda predicted.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 11:57 AM   #43
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I can't help but feel that "You're not welcome back in a country (as a normal, private citizen) after you've declared yourself to an enemy of that country" is just one of those things that in any sane world we would haven't to spell out.

But there's nothing in the rule book that says a golden retriever can't play football yet again I guess.
Either she was involved in acts of war for a hostile power, aka treason, or she was abetting a criminal organization. It's a bit tricky when you're dealing with a pseudo-state like ISIS and no formal declarations of war.

I don't see any way to slice this that doesn't end with her in a British jail if she comes back, unless they cut her some serious slack for being underage at the time.
Old 14th February 2019, 11:58 AM   #44
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This. She should be allowed to return,but face the consequences for her actions.
I admit my sypmathy for somebody who joins a group as viscous as ISIS is very limited.
Yes, those high viscosity groups are dreadful, oil of them.
Old 14th February 2019, 12:03 PM   #45
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Another British jihadi bride, Tareena Shakil, who got out of the war zone with her child, lied to the security services on her return and was jailed for membership of a terrorist group.

If Ms Begum got out of the country, that is the kind of charge she could face - along with encouraging or supporting terrorism.
Shades of Lord Haw Haw and his lying to get a British Passport,,,,,

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:05 PM   #46
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I can't help but feel that "You're not welcome back in a country (as a normal, private citizen) after you've declared yourself to an enemy of that country" is just one of those things that in any sane world we would haven't to spell out.
I think it's okay to handle these things on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, such as conventional warfare, you can simply detain people as prisoners of war, and repatriate them once the war is over and terms of surrender have been agreed. No harm, no foul, so to speak.

In other cases, such as unconventional warfare against non-state actors who are likely to persist in some form indefinitely, and for whom there will never be any decisive surrender, the POW model breaks down. See the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

On the other hand, you're only dealing with a relatively small population of enemy combatants. It's much easier to address such prisoners individually, rather than as a class.

I think there's a very strong humanitarian case to be made for bringing this child home and giving her a chance to recover and do something else with her life. I think there's also a very strong criminal and civil justice case to be made for putting her on trial and holding her accountable for going to war against her own country. And I think that both these cases can be made together, in concert.

But to be clear: I'm not proposing a one-size-fits-all solution. I'm not saying this should be a general rule applied to everyone.

I think it's in society's best interests to handle these case-by-case, and reserve the privilege of doing something different in each case.

Quote:
But there's nothing in the rule book that says a golden retriever can't play football yet again I guess.
Well put.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:06 PM   #47
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Yes, those high viscosity groups are dreadful, oil of them.
ISIS is spreading through Iraq and Syria like molasses.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:18 PM   #48
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
ISIS is spreading through Iraq and Syria like molasses.
Sounds like a sticky situation
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:25 PM   #49
baron

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
If that kid survives, it's almost certain to become a terrorist to some degree.
Enlightened self-interest suggests that the world is safer when more people get some education instead of growing up in terrorist-controlled refugee camps.
The difference is between the 90% (say) chance of a terrorist over there and a 10% (say) chance of a terrorist over here. If the government has a choice I'd urge them to go with the former.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:40 PM   #50
IanS
Illuminator

Just on whether she's broken any laws – apart from joining an illegal terrorist organisation and specifically going to Syria to help IS wage a lethal war, in the Times newspaper interview she says of the fighting that's been raging in the last few weeks in Baghuz “I was weak, I could not endure the suffering and hardship that staying on the battlefield involved” .

She appears there to be confirming that although heavily pregnant, she was actually “staying on the battlefield” (of course we might think the “battlefield” involved the entire town, such that she could not avoid “staying on the battlefield” … however, she also says that in the final few days the women were all offered the option of leaving the battlefield, and that after some time (days or weeks), she decided to walk away from that battlefield).

When asked what her reaction was to seeing her first severed head (in a bin), she not only said “it did not phaze me”, but added that “it was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam, I thought only of what he would have done to a Muslim woman if he had the chance”.

There she appears to be repeating the same propaganda statement that has appeared from almost every UK Islamic fundamentalist on trial in the UK (that's now several hundred of them) where almost all of them said in trial evidence or said in martyrdom videos or where they were recorded in phone transcripts etc., that one reason they were trying to kill the “kuffa” (i.e. non-believers, opponents of hard-line Islam) was because their western opponents were “killing and raping our women and children”.

Regarding her marriage to an Islamic fighter – she was aged 15 when she left the UK, and she says in the article that as soon as she got to Raqqa (Syria) “I applied to marry an English speaking fighter between the ages of 20 and 25 yeas old” and within 10 days she was married. She then had two children who both died, and now she has been pregnant with a third child of the IS fighter for nearly 9 months.

That sounds to me almost like these girls are deliberately going to the front-line battle area to instantly marry a jihadist fighter within days, and producing as many children as possible to be raised in that Jihadist battle environment.

None of that sounds to me anything at all like a person who has much if any concern that she has done anything wrong or that she needs to change her mind about supporting IS in it's campaign of worldwide mass murder.

However, despite all of that - if she is nevertheless allowed back into the UK, then afaik she is likely to be tried for terrorist offences and quite probably jailed for some years. And (according to "experts" discussing this on BBC radio this morning) her child would probably taken into state care and placed with more suitable parents who are not trying to raise Islamist fundamentalist fighters.
IanS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:44 PM   #51
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Yeah regardless of everything else this young woman (calling her a 'girl' infantalizes her too much imo) isn't acting like she's sorry she joined ISIS, just that it's too much for her to handle.

It's like she wants to go back to the UK because she doesn't like ISIS's maternal leave policy.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:49 PM   #52
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Converts just can't maintain fever-pitch zeal when their world is not evidently coming to an end. Young Kurd women fought on, but privileged teenage Westerners break after a few years.

Who woulda predicted.
It's the green soldiers, who have never been under fire, that you have to worry about breaking in combat.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th February 2019, 12:50 PM   #53
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah regardless of everything else this young woman (calling her a 'girl' infantalizes her too much imo) isn't acting like she's sorry she joined ISIS, just that it's too much for her to handle.

It's like she wants to go back to the UK because she doesn't like ISIS's maternal leave policy.
I think the term is she is not sorry she did it, but very sorry she has to face the consequences of her actions.
Sort of a variation of "He's not sorry he commited the crime, but very sorry he got caught".

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th February 2019, 12:51 PM   #54
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I think the term is she is not sorry she did it, but very sorry she has to face the consequences of her actions.
*Wailing* "Oh why must my actions have consequences!" - Homer Simpson
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 01:04 PM   #55
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

One of the problems we are having (at least in Canada) is actually making a legal case against them... We can claim they are guilty of treason, or "aiding a terrorist organization" (or whatever the charge is), but how do you make the case? Its doubtful ISIS was keeping accurate census records, and trying to interview eye-witnesses in a hostile territory is difficult. Anyone who returns can just claim "I was backpacking in Europe for a couple of years and lost my passport".

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 01:29 PM   #56
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Anyone who returns can just claim "I was backpacking in Europe for a couple of years and lost my passport".
I'm not sure I see the problem. It's customary for the state to not make a case against someone who has an alibi. Wrongdoers go free all the time because the state can't gather enough evidence to convict - or even prosecute. This is generally considered to be a feature, not a bug, of the system.

That said, if you have someone in custody, and you *can* make a case... Then do it.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:30 PM   #57
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

And regardless that hardly applies to a case like this where the woman is hardly putting any effort into denying or hiding it.

We'll worry about the cases where they claim they weren't later.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:34 PM   #58
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

True they are very jellylike.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:34 PM   #59
baron

One of the problems we are having (at least in Canada) is actually making a legal case against them... We can claim they are guilty of treason, or "aiding a terrorist organization" (or whatever the charge is), but how do you make the case? Its doubtful ISIS was keeping accurate census records, and trying to interview eye-witnesses in a hostile territory is difficult. Anyone who returns can just claim "I was backpacking in Europe for a couple of years and lost my passport".
She's incriminated herself enough for a number of charges to stick, certainly enough to get her life in jail, and the intelligence services will have her communications from before she went. The problem is, if she does return, she won't get life because of 'sentencing guidelines' relating to her age and 'vulnerability'.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 01:43 PM   #60
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

It transpires that the father of one of the girls took part in a flag burning exercise by one of the hate preachers. He has to take some responsibility for his daughter's inculcation with radicalism.

This Shamima Begum woman, although she sounds vile, was just fifteen when she was caught up in idealistic fervour. She has become detached from reality, living as she has for four years in a rabid fanatical environment (rather like people rescued from brainwashing cults). She likely feels cognitive dissonance in feelings of comradeship on the one hand with her fellow 'fighters' and her desire to give her unborn child a better life by returning to the UK.

Perhaps the UK should turn the other cheek, show compassion (for the innocent baby, at least) and demonstrate to the deluded zealots how Christianity works.

Love thine enemy, not behead them.

Last edited by Vixen; 14th February 2019 at 01:45 PM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 01:48 PM   #61
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God knows I do not want to sound like Trump,but you have a genuine security issue also. I hope if she comes back and is not charged she is kept under very tight police surveillance. She volunatary joined the most murderous Terrorist organization in the world, for heaven's sake.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:50 PM   #62
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It transpires that the father of one of the girls took part in a flag burning exercise by one of the hate preachers. He has to take some responsibility for his daughter's inculcation with radicalism.

This Shamima Begum woman, although she sounds vile, was just fifteen when she was caught up in idealistic fervour. She has become detached from reality, living as she has for four years in a rabid fanatical environment (rather like people rescued from brainwashing cults). She likely feels cognitive dissonance in feelings of comradeship on the one hand with her fellow 'fighters' and her desire to give her unborn child a better life by returning to the UK.

Perhaps the UK should turn the other cheek, show compassion (for the innocent baby, at least) and demonstrate to the deluded zealots how Christianity works.

By that reasoning, no criminal should ever be punished for any crime.
I have to wonder if you are being serious here.
And you could apply the whole wraped up in a rabid fananticail enviorment statement to the Nazi guards who ran the gas chambers as Auschwitz. It might be an explanation, but it's not an excuse.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 14th February 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:54 PM   #63
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

By that reasoning, no criminal should ever be punished for any crime.
I have to wonder if you are being serious here.
And you could apply the whole wraped up in a rabid fananticail enviorment statement to the Nazi guards who ran the gas chambers as Auschwitz. It might be an explanation, but it's not an excuse.
She should be subject to due process of course.

We should also fight bad ideology with a good one.

Otherwise she is not going to change.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:57 PM   #64
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by baron View Post
She's incriminated herself enough for a number of charges to stick, certainly enough to get her life in jail, and the intelligence services will have her communications from before she went. The problem is, if she does return, she won't get life because of 'sentencing guidelines' relating to her age and 'vulnerability'.
I'm okay with all of this.
Old 14th February 2019, 02:04 PM   #65
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Anyone who returns can just claim "I was backpacking in Europe for a couple of years and lost my passport".
I'm not sure I see the problem. It's customary for the state to not make a case against someone who has an alibi.
The problem is, the returning ISIS people don't actually have an alibi... at least not a verified one.

So, you're potentially introducing a large number of individuals who (at one point anyways) were hostile to the ideals of their home nation with no punishment for any illegal actions that they have done and little ability to track their activities upon returning.
Quote:
Wrongdoers go free all the time because the state can't gather enough evidence to convict - or even prosecute. This is generally considered to be a feature, not a bug, of the system.
Yes, innocent until proven guilty and all that... Yes, its the preferred way that we should want the legal system to function. Still doesn't mean that we shouldn't be worried about potential side effects of that policy.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 02:08 PM   #66
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by baron View Post
Quote:
One of the problems we are having (at least in Canada) is actually making a legal case against them...
She's incriminated herself enough for a number of charges to stick, certainly enough to get her life in jail...
I agree that in this case (and many others) they have enough evidence to make the charges stick. But its not that way for everyone.
Quote:
and the intelligence services will have her communications from before she went.
Maybe they will (at least in this case). But like I said, not every case is the same. Not everyone leaves the same digital footprint behind.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 14th February 2019, 02:10 PM   #67
IanS
Illuminator

In this UK case the woman (Shamima Begum) has admitted her deliberate and intentional part in joining IS specifically to fight a jihadist war. And just the few quotes that I gave above from her interview with the Times journalist, show beyond doubt that she knew what she was doing, knew why she was doing it, and that even now she still thinks it was and is the best & most correct thing to do (she is still supporting IS attempts to form a religious caliphate by jihadist war) ...

... if she is charged in the UK with terrorist offences (and afaik there's a long list of things she'd probably be charged with), then her admissions to the journalist (where she knew who she was talking to, and knew that it would all be published for people to read in Times newspaper), are really undeniable in any trial.

This is not like the many other cases where a person returning from IS in Syria (or wherever), is arrested at a UK airport, and where they immediately maintain their innocence. That actually did happen in the case of another UK Muslim woman Tareena Shakil who was arrested on her return to the UK after a year with IS in Syria (2014 to 2015), but in her case she protested her innocence and told a story about how she was actually trying to escape from IS … but in court it was shown that her escape story was untrue. She was found guilty and sentenced to 6 years in prison. When she left to join IS in Syria she also took her 14 month old son ... she had posed him in photos wearing an IS inscribed wooly hat and with an AK47 alongside him ... it was shown in court that her intention was to ensure that he was raised to grow up as an IS fighter).
IanS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 02:24 PM   #68
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Rescue the girl, abort the fetus, put her on trial.
chop her head off, put it in a bin and see how she likes it.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 02:32 PM   #69
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The problem is, the returning ISIS people don't actually have an alibi... at least not a verified one.
They also don't have solid incriminating evidence against them. Again, in our system of criminal justice, this is fine.

Quote:
So, you're potentially introducing a large number of individuals who (at one point anyways) were hostile to the ideals of their home nation with no punishment for any illegal actions that they have done and little ability to track their activities upon returning.
Our society has a large number of such individuals running around at all times anyway.

I think we would all be overjoyed if you could solve the problem of the murderer who walked away free because we couldn't find enough evidence to convict him. If for no other reason than that we could apply the same solution to the problem of the terrorist soldier who goes free for lack of evidence.

Quote:
Yes, innocent until proven guilty and all that... Yes, its the preferred way that we should want the legal system to function. Still doesn't mean that we shouldn't be worried about potential side effects of that policy.
To be honest, I'm more worried about the side effects of the countervailing policy. See: Guantanamo Bay detention camp, the no-fly list, etc.
Old 14th February 2019, 02:41 PM   #70
baron

Our society has a large number of such individuals running around at all times anyway.
All the more reason not to import more, or to cage them if that's not an option. The resources to monitor a single person 24/7 are staggering - 20 to 30 security agents costing millions a year for one individual (the free housing and benefits given to the terrorist and her family pale into insignificance compared to this this cost). The UK harbours between 500 and 1000 known violent extremists (I hate that word) and around 23,000 more known terrorist supporters and viable terrorist risks. Our security services have the resource to monitor only a few dozen of these round the clock at any one time. It only takes one to cause carnage, as we've seen so often. The problem here is not insufficient evidence to convict, nor is it inadequate legislation, it's soft sentencing guidelines.
Old 14th February 2019, 02:41 PM   #71
IanS
Illuminator

One other rather unexpected thing Shamima Begun said in that interview, is that she now wants to return to the UK and she says “I will do anything required just to come home and live quietly with my child”. She appears not to realise that she is likely to be arrested and that she probably will not be simply left to live quietly with my child” as if nothing wrong had ever happened.

I don't want to be unkind to this woman. And I'd always prefer to see compassion and tolerance shown by the UK security services. But there have been several hundred UK Muslims who have now returned to the UK after fighting with IS or silmilar groups abroad, and apart from the fact that it seems like a large number of those have now gone missing and are untraceable within the UK, afaik most of the rest have all had to be kept under constant surveillance as a security risk … i.e., these are dangerous people (some of them, very dangerous indeed), and I'm not sure how the UK security services could exclude Miss Begum from that “dangeorus” group.
Old 14th February 2019, 02:42 PM   #72
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
If that kid survives, it's almost certain to become a terrorist to some degree.
Enlightened self-interest suggests that the world is safer when more people get some education instead of growing up in terrorist-controlled refugee camps.
That does not explain "can't support the war", but whatever.
Old 14th February 2019, 02:48 PM   #73
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Rescue the girl, abort the fetus, put her on trial.
Abort a full term fetus?
Old 14th February 2019, 02:52 PM   #74
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Abort a full term fetus? : rolleyes :
Good point. Probably easier to let her give birth, and then just bin it.
Old 14th February 2019, 03:02 PM   #75
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post

Not Christianity. Western secular values. Despite the oddity that has CoE Bishops in one house of our legislature the UK is a very secular country, far more so than the USA seems to be.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

Last edited by Parsman; 14th February 2019 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 03:16 PM   #76
baron

Her father is quoted as saying, "'They were manipulated by evil people and they should be brought home and helped. Not punished."

He's correct, they were manipulated by evil people, and he is one of them - the main one, in fact. He took her along to hear Anjem Choudary speak (Choudary is an open supporter of ISIS and is associated with practically every convicted Islamic terrorist in the UK) and was integral in making her what she is today.

What in the name of Christ are these people even doing in the UK? It boggles the mind.
Old 14th February 2019, 03:54 PM   #77
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Seems she wanted to join ISIS, regardless of the consequences.

Now she seems to want to join the ordinary society.

Let her do it, regardless of consequences.

Hans
Old 14th February 2019, 04:31 PM   #78
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Folks, again, she didn't decide to leave ISIS because of her pregnancy or anything else. She HAD TO flee the daily bombardment of the few villages (now only a few street corners) the cult's territory has been reduced to. Now she is in a refugee camp controlled by Kurdish fighters, the ground forces of the "US-led coalition" that does the bombing. They have a busy schedule awaiting a possible Turkish invasion. Why should they shoulder the burden of taking care for these people (or "getting rid of them" somehow)? They have to return to the societies that produced them.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 14th February 2019 at 04:35 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 04:34 PM   #79
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Why should they take the burden to care for these people? They have to return to the societies that produced them.
I understand the remnants of ISIS-held territory are right nearby.
Old 14th February 2019, 04:40 PM   #80
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I understand the remnants of ISIS-held territory are right nearby.

What? Look at the map I posted earlier. The remaining people in that 1 km² will soon surrender or die in the creation of a nice parking lot at the Euphrates shores. There is no returning, as there is no Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham anymore.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 14th February 2019 at 04:41 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events