ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th March 2019, 04:38 AM   #1
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Australian Reserve Bank Warns of "Abrupt, Disorderly" effects of climate change

https://www.afr.com/news/economy/mon...0190312-h1casg

Quote:
Reserve Bank deputy governor Guy Debelle has called for immediate action on climate change to avert an "abrupt, disorderly" economic transition, in a speech that confirmed climate change policy as one of the central bank's key priorities.
In a speech on Tuesday, Dr Debelle said climate change posed a "systemic risk" to the Australian economy and would make new demands of monetary policymakers.
The speech paid particular attention to macroeconomic modelling, which Dr Debelle said had failed to adequately factor in the economic effects of climate change.

Looking for some "Black Swans". Whole flock of them heading our way.

Australia has been recalcitrant in attending to the requirements for preventing global warming, usually for 'economic' reasons. This has been incredilby short sighted and opportunistic politics.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 05:17 AM   #2
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

La la la, can't hear you!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 03:17 AM   #3
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post

Australia has been recalcitrant in attending to the requirements for preventing global warming, usually for 'economic' reasons. This has been incredilby short sighted and opportunistic politics.
Hey! Don't look at me, I've been doing everything in my power since the late 1970's

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events