IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th June 2022, 02:09 PM   #641
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
It kind of looks like the lady in pink took a swing (or two) at him, too.
The loudmouth with the cane then keeps claiming the guy in the BLM T-shirt pushed her and that he was a retired cop. If that's the way he behaves, then it's a damn good thing he's no longer a cop. From what I saw, I'd bet the woman was the aggressor.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2022, 07:05 PM   #642
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

For the fun of it...

John Oliver talks about Rocks and Kandiss Taylor
Old 10th June 2022, 12:10 PM   #643
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Filthy piece of **** MTG blatantly lies again*, but the important thing is the guy behind her.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1534956986067984384

* Yes, I know, it's as frequent as her breathing.

Last edited by shemp; 10th June 2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Edited due to people who have the audacity to point out my mistakes!
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 12:20 PM   #644
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Filthy piece of **** Boebert blatantly lies again*, but the important thing is the guy behind her.

That was emptyG (Margarine Traitor Gangrene), not Boebert. But they both lie so much emptyG's real name might be Boebert...
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 12:25 PM   #645
ZiprHead
Muse

Filthy piece of **** Boebert blatantly lies again*, but the important thing is the guy behind her.

That's Treason Betty, not Treason Veronica.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 01:21 PM   #646
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
That's Treason Betty, not Treason Veronica.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 01:24 PM   #647
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Steve Scalise:

Old 10th June 2022, 01:35 PM   #648
shemp

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
That was emptyG (Margarine Traitor Gangrene), not Boebert. But they both lie so much emptyG's real name might be Boebert...
Hey I have two hours in which I can be wrong but still have time to edit!
Old 10th June 2022, 01:43 PM   #649
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Hey I have two hours in which I can be wrong but still have time to edit!
Have you learned nothing from Trump? NEVER, EVER admit you are wrong. You were correct: the Dems photoshopped the video making it look like MTG instead of Boebert in their ongoing campaign to destroy our freedoms.
Old 10th June 2022, 04:00 PM   #650
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Have you learned nothing from Trump? NEVER, EVER admit you are wrong. You were correct: the Dems photoshopped the video making it look like MTG instead of Boebert in their ongoing campaign to destroy our freedoms.
No, he's got it down pat. It was always MTG. No mistake, no edit. Your memory is lying of course.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 04:40 PM   #651
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trevor Noah had a good answer to this: We regulate planes, Scalise you dummy. How long does it take to go through security at an airport, throwing out your shampoo etc?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2022, 04:56 PM   #652
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Trevor Noah had a good answer to this: We regulate planes, Scalise you dummy. How long does it take to go through security at an airport, throwing out your shampoo etc?
I regularly bring my AR15 into the cabin with me.
Old 10th June 2022, 06:38 PM   #653
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Filthy piece of **** MTG blatantly lies again*, but the important thing is the guy behind her.

If true, that means the crowdseditionists got her killed.

Is she really making the point she thinks she is?
Old 10th June 2022, 06:55 PM   #654
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
If true, that means the crowdseditionists got her killed.

Is she really making the point she thinks she is?
You're putting the word "think" in the same sentence as MTG? Optimist.
Old 10th June 2022, 08:08 PM   #655
shemp

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
No, he's got it down pat. It was always MTG. No mistake, no edit. Your memory is lying of course.
It's the Mandela Effect. Stacy and I are in different universes that occasionally intersect.
Old 10th June 2022, 08:13 PM   #656
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It's the Mandela Effect. Stacy and I are in different universes that occasionally intersect.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:07 AM   #657
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

US Senate candidate Eric Greitens says he is going “RINO hunting" to save the country
Get a permit, there's no bagging or tagging limit

Isn't this video an explicit threat of violence?

video in link

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...81246109093890

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 20th June 2022 at 10:09 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2022, 10:31 AM   #658
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
US Senate candidate Eric Greitens says he is going “RINO hunting" to save the country
Get a permit, there's no bagging or tagging limit

Isn't this video an explicit threat of violence?

video in link

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...81246109093890
Seems like the Republicans have found the poster boy for their new found respect for mental health care.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2022, 12:55 PM   #659
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I love this meme from that Twitter accnt.

Here's another good one.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 20th June 2022 at 12:58 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2022, 01:14 PM   #660
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

fox had a headline on the screen “Dems In Disarray”
At least they aren't hunting down other Democrats with assault weapons.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2022, 02:01 PM   #661
shemp

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Old 20th June 2022, 07:17 PM   #662
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like to nominate the entire Republican Party of Texas for the Stupid Award:

Quote:
(Thanks to eerok for this)
Old 20th June 2022, 11:22 PM   #663
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Quick question: How many members ARE there in the Texas Republican Party? Less than 100?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2022, 07:41 AM   #664
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

How about Dan Crenshaw?

Representative Dan Crenshaw of Texas, a Republican, was confronted by several far-right protestors at the state’s Republican Party convention over the weekend who targeted both his appearance and political views...Crenshaw-a former NAVY seal who lost his right eye in a roadside bomb blast during a deployment in Afghanistan-can be heard in one recording being called “eyepatch McCain” and a “globalist RINO [Republican In Name Only]” by a right-wing social media antagonist....Other videos show Crenshaw being verbally accosted at the same event. Those filmed accuse Crenshaw of being a “fraud” and a “sellout"...

Chenshaw's voting record definitely puts him on the far political right. Yet here he is being targeted by other right-wing nutcases.

What exactly did he think would happen when he decided to associate with them in the first place? Unless you are totally insane (like MTG) you will eventually do something to anger the lunatics that make up the republican party of today.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2022, 10:17 AM   #665
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like to nominate the entire Republican Party of Texas for the Stupid Award:

(Thanks to eerok for this)
Not understanding some of that: Why do they want to limit the powers of the Supreme Court now that they own it?
Old 21st June 2022, 10:22 AM   #666
shemp

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Not understanding some of that: Why do they want to limit the powers of the Supreme Court now that they own it?
Because, to quote Ren Hoek, they are "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDIOTS!!!!!!"
Old 21st June 2022, 10:30 AM   #667
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You expect a rational reason from irrational people?
Old 21st June 2022, 03:36 PM   #668
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Not enough. They didn't give the election to Drumpf.
Old 21st June 2022, 04:23 PM   #669
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Hours after former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens released a video saying he would hunt members of the Republican party who he considered not conservative enough, the Republican floor leader of the Missouri state Senate said he had contacted law enforcement.

Quote:
“We have been in contact with the Missouri Highway Patrol and hope that former Gov Greitens finds the help he needs,” Senate Majority Leader Caleb Rowden posted on Twitter Monday. “Anyone with multiple accusations of abuse toward women and children should probably steer clear of this rhetoric.”

Quote:
Rowden’s post was in response to a now-deleted tweet from an unaffiliated account supporting Greitens’ U.S. Senate campaign. The account, called @Greitens_Eric, no longer exists. The tweet tagged Rowden, Gov. Mike Parson and others. It said “we’ve got our permit and we’re coming for you.”
Quote:
In response to Rowden’s tweet, Greitens’ campaign manager Dylan Johnson tweeted “Give me a break. This account obviously has nothing to do with @EricGreitens or the @TeamGreitens campaign.” Johnson’s tweet included a video from the TV show Reno 911 showing a crying man being consoled by two police officers. “A live look at the RINOs today,” he tweeted.
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...262703632.html

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 21st June 2022 at 04:24 PM.
Old 22nd June 2022, 01:59 PM   #670
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Hard to believe this is real. Except it is.

Today we're going RINO hunting! When page opens click on "View" on right side to play video.

Quote:
"The RINO feeds on corruption and is marked by the stripes of cowardice," said Greitens. "Join the MAGA crew. Get a RINO hunting permit. There's no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn't expire until we save our country." NPR report
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eric Greitens for.jpg (128.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by newyorkguy; 22nd June 2022 at 02:43 PM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2022, 03:08 PM   #671
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Hard to believe this is real. Except it is.

Today we're going RINO hunting! When page opens click on "View" on right side to play video.
For Greitans to accsue anybody else of corruption is funny, given his past.
'To make it more interesintg, Hawley, the GOP senator from Missouri, basically hates his guts
In fact, Hawley, when a state offical, was largely responsible for forcing Grietans from office. A real good old fashioned Missouri feud.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 22nd June 2022 at 03:52 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2022, 03:55 PM   #672
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
How about Dan Crenshaw?

Representative Dan Crenshaw of Texas, a Republican, was confronted by several far-right protestors at the state’s Republican Party convention over the weekend who targeted both his appearance and political views...Crenshaw-a former NAVY seal who lost his right eye in a roadside bomb blast during a deployment in Afghanistan-can be heard in one recording being called “eyepatch McCain” and a “globalist RINO [Republican In Name Only]” by a right-wing social media antagonist....Other videos show Crenshaw being verbally accosted at the same event. Those filmed accuse Crenshaw of being a “fraud” and a “sellout"...

Chenshaw's voting record definitely puts him on the far political right. Yet here he is being targeted by other right-wing nutcases.

What exactly did he think would happen when he decided to associate with them in the first place? Unless you are totally insane (like MTG) you will eventually do something to anger the lunatics that make up the republican party of today.
It's the old,old, story: People think they can use extremists and "control" them. Never works.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2022, 04:53 PM   #673
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
For Greitans to accsue anybody else of corruption is funny, given his past.
'To make it more interesintg, Hawley, the GOP senator from Missouri, basically hates his guts
In fact, Hawley, when a state offical, was largely responsible for forcing Grietans from office. A real good old fashioned Missouri feud.
Couple of good, old fashioned fascist Missouri extremists. The GOP is putting the most stupid and extreme nut cases they can into public office. Scary as hell.
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:36 AM   #674
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The Missouri Times reported earlier this month that US Senator Josh Hawley, among others, called for Eric Greitens to drop out of the US Senate race following publication of an affidavit by Greitens's ex-wife alleging verbal and physical abuse.
Quote:
In an affidavit made public Monday, Sheena Greitens, the former governor’s ex-wife, accused Eric Greitens of being physically abusive toward her and their children and of manipulating and coercing her into publicly supporting his political ambitions. U.S. Senator Josh Hawley, a Republican, said: “If you hit a woman or a child, you belong in handcuffs, not the United States Senate. It’s time for Eric Greitens to leave this race.” Missouri Times link
Hawley and Greitens have a history. In 2018, when allegations of serious misconduct against Greitens first surfaced, Josh Hawley was Missouri Attorney General. Hawley called for an investigation and urged Greitens to resign or face impeachment. When an impeachment proceeding was scheduled, Greitens instead agreed to resign as governor.

But guess what? Yeah, that's right. Latest polling shows Greitens is leading the field:
Quote:
The poll of 1,000 likely GOP primary voters in Missouri found Greitens notching 26 percent support ahead of the Aug. 2 nominating contest. He’s trailed by state Attorney General Eric Schmitt, who has 20 percent support, and Rep. Vicky Hartzler, who scored 16 percent. The Hill link

Eric Greitens brandishing firearms and implying threats of deadly force is a regular part of his political rhetoric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lock and load.jpg (78.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by newyorkguy; 23rd June 2022 at 06:37 AM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:58 AM   #675
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

The school of thought crystallized by Libertopian Michael Badnarik (illustrious Constitutional scholar): "I don't care what nine clowns in bathrobes say"
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:27 AM   #676
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Greitens put his 'RINO hunting video on to Twitter with the following message

Quote:
We are sick and tired of the Republicans in Name Only surrendering to Joe Biden & the radical Left.

Order your RINO Hunting Permit today!
It has been flagged by Twitter with a warning before you can see it..

Quote:
This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about abusive behavior. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more
https://twitter.com/EricGreitens/sta...76823978713089
Old 24th June 2022, 08:35 PM   #677
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by EricGreitens
“Facebook censored our new ad calling out RINOs”
Can we add a vocabulary test to the requirements to serve as president?

I’d love to see these dunderheads try to correctly define censorship.
Old 24th June 2022, 09:05 PM   #678
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Like Humpty Dumpty, they do not need to define words correctly, only suitable to their own purpose.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2022, 12:12 AM   #679
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Sure. Let's apply it to Joke Biden first, who needs a cue card to tell him when to speak and when to sit down.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2022, 01:51 AM   #680
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Sure. Let's apply it to Joke Biden first, who needs a cue card to tell him when to speak and when to sit down.
He would pass it and not just that, leave the orange man-baby puking and spluttering in his dirt.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics