ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags UFO sightings , ufos

Old 25th June 2020, 11:16 AM   #1
xjx388
Philosopher

UFO vids in Miami and Houston

Iím thinking this is just a publicity stunt or some kind of hoax but two very similar videos are coming out of Miami and Houston : the Miami one showing bright lights that dart off in different directions and the Houston has similar lights that look like their hovering and twinkling out. Donít see any debunking because they are so new.

The Houston one looks like flares to me. The Miami one, not so much because the lights dart off rapidly.

Houston
https://abc13.com/houston-mysterious...4-ufo/6267090/

Miami
https://www.foxsports640.com/ufos-ov...mi-you-decide/

What yíall think?
Old 25th June 2020, 05:02 PM   #2
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Pretty typical "Lights in the Sky". There is so little data that it is just about impossible to really identify them. I suppose they might be Flying Saucers piloted by Little Green Men from a planet circling Proxima Centauri but experience to date is that they have a much more mundane explanation. I remain open to be proven wrong.
Old 25th June 2020, 07:57 PM   #3
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Houston... Flares, maybe

Miami... looks like fakery to me.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th June 2020 at 08:03 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2020, 11:21 PM   #4
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Pretty typical "Lights in the Sky". There is so little data that it is just about impossible to really identify them. I suppose they might be Flying Saucers piloted by Little Green Men from a planet circling Proxima Centauri but experience to date is that they have a much more mundane explanation. I remain open to be proven wrong.
Ooooh, Klaatu Barada Nikto

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2020, 06:25 AM   #5
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Ooooh, Klaatu Barada Nikto
Nanoo. Nanoo.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Oh. And shallbat.

Old 26th June 2020, 07:28 AM   #6
jnelso99
Muse

The Miami one was done with an app. Apologies for the Twitter link, but debunking here:

https://twitter.com/ufoofinterest/st...36222615420928

Includes a video showing the horrible motion tracking.

They also speculate the Houston one is a launch of sky lanterns.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2020, 07:48 AM   #7
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
The Miami one was done with an app. Apologies for the Twitter link, but debunking here:

https://twitter.com/ufoofinterest/st...36222615420928

Includes a video showing the horrible motion tracking.

They also speculate the Houston one is a launch of sky lanterns.

Perfect, thanks for finding that!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal