ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags quantum mechanics

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM   #2081
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by pittsburghjoe View Post
lol, right, let me write about how Unobservable fields work.

Yes gravity, in the filaments ..not outside them.
Based on what?

And I'm still waiting on your answer to my request. May I expect it never?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM   #2082
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

The CMB is an image of the cosmic web taken at the farthest possible position. Of course it's blurry plasma. Plasma in the spacetime filaments.
pittsburghjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM   #2083
phunk
Illuminator

The CMB is an image of the cosmic web taken at the farthest possible position. Of course it's blurry plasma. Plasma in the spacetime filaments.
The cosmic web didn't exist at the time of the CMB, the universe was very smooth still at that time. When you look at an image of the CMB the (false) colors represent a difference of less than 0.001 kelvin between the hottest and coldest parts of the CMB. There are no filaments in the CMB.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM   #2084
Belz...
Fiend God

Could I have some dressing with that word salad?

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #2085
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

What they are picking up is microwaves that must be at maximum fuzziness.
pittsburghjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #2086
Belz...
Fiend God

What they are picking up is microwaves that must be at maximum fuzziness.
I have to give you props for effort. You are quite apt at stringing nonsense together in a way that seems like you're trying to tell us something.

- Oh look! He said "yummy"
- Honey, he just made bubbles with his mouth.
- But his eyes are so brimming with intent!

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #2087
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

Scientists are just claiming CMB to fit their narrative ..so I figure I can to
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #2088
Belz...
Fiend God

Scientists are just claiming CMB to fit their narrative
Surely you have proof of this?

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #2089
JeanTate
Illuminator

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Even with 20 years between measurements, that would require some seriously impressive accuracy on the distance measurement of a distant galaxy.
Patience. I'm preparing something on this, but will put it in a new thread.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #2090
Wolrab
Illuminator

Science by uninformed and uneducated proclamation, what could go wrong?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM   #2091
JeanTate
Illuminator

No, I'm sticking to my idea of the big bang being energy and magnetism going bananas and forming the cosmic web with plasma and spacetime.

I think that simulation is showing what happens in the filaments.
Yet another good example ... whatever pittsburghjoe-physics/astronomy/cosmology is, it sure ain't science!
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #2092
JeanTate
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
If, like me, you go over what was posted in the first ~20 pages of this thread, and also in the last several days, you'll find a great deal more than this.

pittsburghjoe-physics, applied to astronomy and cosmology, is such an extraordinary mish-mash of nonsense that it makes the Electric Universe ideas look like the paragon of science (not original, some other ISF member made the same point ~50-60 pages ago). The internal contradictions alone, in pittsburghjoe-physics, are truly breath-taking to behold.

But hey, as one of the Queens said (I'm paraphrasing) anyone can think of six impossible things before breakfast.
(my bold)

Credit where it is due, stardate 13th September 2019, post #652:

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
I had never thought it possible.
A theory that make the Electric Universe seems well worked out and coherent, but here it is.

I wonder why people who are unable to do maths always seem to think you can do science without it.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #2093
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

I think Dark Matter has something to do with the creation of spacetime filaments
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #2094
JeanTate
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
Originally Posted by pittsburghjoe
Take two galaxies that are on the opposite sides of a void and measure the distance. Wait 10 minutes and measure the same two galaxies again.
Originally Posted by phunk
The ignorance in thinking that we can measure expansion on a cosmic scale by measuring a distance, waiting a bit, and measuring again, is quite astounding.
Astonishing as it may seem, pittsburghjoe is sorta correct (but only if GR rules, not pittsburghjoe-physics).

I have read a paper where just this is proposed (well, not just); I'll see if I can dig it up if anyone is interested. From memory: more like 10 or 20 years; ferociously difficult technically; but may be possible with hoped-for-new-equipment on the proposed OWL (or perhaps EELT), which is a good decade or two away ...
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Even with 20 years between measurements, that would require some seriously impressive accuracy on the distance measurement of a distant galaxy.
As promised, I started a new thread on this (and the cosmic web/filaments), Some very cool stuff from astronomers etc

The impressive accuracy is on the redshift, achieved via impressive technology (laser frequency combs) and brute force (a 42 m optical telescope! ). By a curious cosmic coincidence, the technology requires time resolution which, per a post or twenty by pittsburghjoe early in this thread, is utterly impossible (i.e. below 1 femtosecond).
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #2095
Belz...
Fiend God

I think Dark Matter has something to do with the creation of spacetime filaments
Ok I've confirmed my trolling suspicions.

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #2096
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

No, Pure energy and magnetism was blasting through the quantum realm at the big bang. Plasma filaments of the cosmic web. There was bound to be some type of side effect.

Maybe the cosmic filaments were tunnels filled with dark matter before big bang.

Last edited by pittsburghjoe; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #2097
JeanTate
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Surely you have proof of this?
Surely you jest ... can you point to anything, anything at all, in this thread where even evidence (much less proof) has been provided (by the OP, in response to a directly pertinent question)?
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #2098
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

Maybe I did in pages 21 through 41
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #2099
Belz...
Fiend God

Maybe.

But no.

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #2100
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

Maybe Pure energy and Magnetism create Dark Matter tunnels/filaments, then observation has to travel through all the tunnels but doesn't observe all the Dark Matter as it passes through.
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #2101
Belz...
Fiend God

Maybe Pure energy and Magnetism create Dark Matter tunnels/filaments, then observation has to travel through all the tunnels but doesn't observe all the Dark Matter as it passes through.
I say it's still fairies pushing superstrings.

Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #2103
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

You're just mad I killed Dark Energy
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #2104
JeanTate
Illuminator

Wait, what?!?

Dark Energy was once alive? When was it born? Who are its mother and father? Does it have any siblings?
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #2105
pittsburghjoe
Suspended

alive as an idea
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #2106
JeanTate
Illuminator

Almost.

Maybe Pure Unicorns and Dragons create Dark Matter runnels/firmaments, then observation has ravel threw all the runnels but doesn’t conserve all the Dark Matter as it plusses, though.
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #2107
Steve001
Graduate Poster

It's speeding up because dark energy isn't real and the observation bubble is getting bigger with a larger diameter ..so more void to suck in.
I had hoped you would watch the video. I see that was far too much to ask of you.
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #2108
Gamolon
Master Poster

It's funny that you think you've proven something to everyone based solely upon a bunch of "I think...", "Maybe...", "Not sure", and "I suspect..." musings which contain no proof whatsoever. And these are just from the past 15 or so pages.

Maybe the cosmic filaments were tunnels filled with dark matter before big bang.
I think that simulation is showing what happens in the filaments.
Not sure, but I think it is what causes redshift.
I think there is a "photon" like state for the whole spectrum.
I suspect observed light that goes through a void goes from being waves into photon when going back into a spacetime bubble.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #2109
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Overnight items of ignorance, fantasy and delusion by pittsburghjoe

1. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Insanity about cosmology where textbook physics turned plasma into structure.
  2. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: An insane "center to the cosmic web" delusion outside of the observable universe.
    Insane because textbook physics says there is no center and we will never see his delusion of a center.
  3. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: "first particles formed in the filaments of the cosmic web" insanity when the universe started hundreds of millions of years before the cosmic web as a quark-gluon plasma.
  4. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: "You and Reality Check believe this ridiculous notion that nothingness would expand your head if gravity wasn't here" insanity.
    It is well known, textbook cosmology that the strong, weak and electromagnetic forces keep atoms, heads, planets and stars together against the expansion of the universe. Gravity keeps gravitationally bound objects together against the expansion of the universe, e.g. the Solar System and galaxies.
  5. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Usual "dark energy isn't real" lies and delusions.
  6. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Usual "the quantum field without spacetime" insanity (a field in physics is spacetime + quantities).
  7. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Ignorant gibberish about QFT.
  8. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Usual ignorant quantum field, matter field, etc. gibberish.
  9. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: The "Unobservable fields" delusions.
  10. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: The "big bang being energy and magnetism" insanity addressed before.
    The insanity is images of magnetic fields that are irrelevant to and look nothing like the cosmic web.
  11. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: "CMB is an image of the cosmic web" insanity when the cosmic web formed after the CMB.
    The CMB is an image of the fluctuations of the plasma that filled the universe hundreds of millions of years before the universe had large scale structures.
  12. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: "microwaves that must be at maximum fuzziness" gibberish.
  13. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: A stupid "Scientists are just claiming CMB to fit their narrative" insult
    Scientists use textbook physics to analyze the CMB. It is the measured properties of the CMB that show that the universe was once in a hot dense, state, has baryonic matter, non-baryonic matter and dark energy, etc.
  14. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Ignorant "I think Dark Matter has something to do with the creation of spacetime filaments" gibberish.
  15. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Ignorant "Pure energy and magnetism ..." gibberish.
  16. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: Ignorant "Maybe Pure energy and Magnetism create Dark Matter ..." gibberish.
  17. 14 November 2019 pittsburghjoe: An deluded "You're just mad I killed Dark Energy " lie when all he writes about dark matter is abysmally ignorant gibberish.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #2110
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Scientists are just claiming CMB to fit their narrative ..so I figure I can to
Mom, the other guy did it first!

What a great scientific method.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology