ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old Today, 07:56 AM   #2841
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Be that as it may, the question still remains - WHY was it important for Vixen to try to convince people this was a chartered flight? Even if it had been a chartered flight, it had no bearing on the case nor would it have reflected badly on Amanda and her family. Typically I can find a motive for things Vixen writes, but this one has always escaped me.
Because that was part of the PGP narrative. That justice was rigged by powerful wealthy Americans who took a liking to Amanda and her plight. A multi-million dollar PR effort was launched and a private jet was sent to bring her home. The private jet story was bouncing around even before the verdict.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #2842
RoseMontague
Published Author

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Because that was part of the PGP narrative. That justice was rigged by powerful wealthy Americans who took a liking to Amanda and her plight. A multi-million dollar PR effort was launched and a private jet was sent to bring her home. The private jet story was bouncing around even before the verdict.
The same nuts who blame the masons and the mafia? Let them have their silly fantasies. It's not worth our time or trouble. This whole air fare discussion is just dumb.
RoseMontague is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #2843
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Not just 'powerful, wealthy Americans'; the mafia, Masons and/or the US State Dept. were also involved in rigging the verdict. Don't forget TJMK, which Vixen parrots, claims that RS's father was a close relative of a known mobster in Canada, Rocco Sollecito. Slick Pete Q. even claimed that RS was Rocco's nephew:
Quote:
The mafia is the Ndrangheta and Knox buddy Raffale Sollecito was the NEPHEW of Rocco Sollecito, top dog in Canada till he got knocked off.
http://injusticeanywhereforum.com/vi...09b95d7bd1c20d

Remember the claim on TJMK, and repeated here by Vixen, that Dr. Sollecito attended Rocco's memorial service in Bari only to have that exposed as false? That nonsense is still presented on TJMK. This ridiculous speculation on TJMK is also still there:

Quote:
Rocco’s silencing by death was clearly to Raff’s and Amanda’s advantage, even assuming they had no hand in it. It is likely if Rocco had managed to stay alive that the Italians would have figured out a way to nab him and squeeze him dry.
http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php?..._Developments/

The one constant on TJMK and among its fans, besides the extreme disparaging of Knox, is the love of conspiracy theories and outrageous speculation.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #2844
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
The same nuts who blame the masons and the mafia? Let them have their silly fantasies. It's not worth our time or trouble. This whole air fare discussion is just dumb.
Almost all these conversations are dumb at this point. The good guys won. Life has gone on for the participants. Amanda is getting married and is living in her beautiful new home. Raffaele has a new girlfriend. Hell, even the killer Rudy Guede has been granted day release.

Before Amanda and Raffaele were acquitted there was a reason to hammer at the lies and false narratives by the crazies. But going over the minutiae of the case because one whack a doodle continues to lie about it is really mental masturbation. It might be satisfying but it doesn't get you anywhere.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #2845
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Nigel Scott posted this fascinating article in another forum which I think perfectly describes the PGP "soldier" mindset. I think we can all recognize certain people in it.

Why You Think You're Right, Even When You're Wrong

https://ideas.ted.com/why-you-think-...ehwIRF18XQThUU
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #2846
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nigel Scott posted this fascinating article in another forum which I think perfectly describes the PGP "soldier" mindset. I think we can all recognize certain people in it.

Why You Think You're Right, Even When You're Wrong

https://ideas.ted.com/why-you-think-...ehwIRF18XQThUU
Great article. I agree with that writer's conclusion. I absolutely love it when I find out I'm wrong about something. It's an opportunity to learn something new.
Old Today, 04:38 PM   #2847
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Great article. I agree with that writer's conclusion. I absolutely love it when I find out I'm wrong about something. It's an opportunity to learn something new.
I can't say I'm thrilled when I learn I'm wrong about something, but I am very curious and do enjoy learning new things.

Those who cannot admit error look like a 5 year old who keeps insisting he didn't eat the cupcake when the evidence shows otherwise:

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors