ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , thermite , wtc1 , wtc2

Closed Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 12:23 PM   #1281
GregoryUrich
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Please link to a tape where explosions can't be heard.
You made the claim. You should support it. My Open Letter to Richard Gage has links to relevant videos.
"My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament." - Dr. Evil
GregoryUrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:23 PM   #1282
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by lapman View Post
Thermite is not an explosive. So you fail. As has been already shown, "peer-review" is not exacty a term that is used with a vanity journal that is not accepted by the scientific community as valid.
It is accepted. No one in the scientific community has objected to their airtight findings.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:24 PM   #1283
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You violate the JREF rules against personal insults.

You also do not understand that gravity on earth acts vertically, not horizontally.

I want to thank you.

Visiters who come here looking for a debunking will read your posts and then be convinced I am correct.
... dirt dumb idea believers who visit will agree you are right. So; it is everyone’s right to be wrong like you and repeat lies on 911 without evidence? You can’t stay on topic as you spew delusional ideas on 911 like Jones does. Jones found rust and aluminum and declares super thermite, you repeat and then post off topic.

Yes, you are right the delusion seekers will pronounce you the winner of the dumb idea award and make a place for you in the 911Truth hall of experts on 911 who spew lies, hearsay and insane delusions. Can you be more anti-Galileo like as you ignore gravity, which Galileo understood, and you mock gravity?

Visitors will have to use just a tiny bit of a little logic to see you are spreading false information and being anti-Galileo like. Got super thermite ideas on 911? Then you have drank the kool-aid of Jones; must be in the name.

beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:24 PM   #1284
lapman
Graduate Poster

Please link to a tape where explosions can't be heard.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I AGREE
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:24 PM   #1285
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
You made the claim. You should support it. My Open Letter to Richard Gage has links to relevant videos.
Has your open letter to Gage been published in a peer reviewed scientific journal? It has been over a year now, and plenty of time to do it.

I would even be impressed if it were published by a vanity journal.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:25 PM   #1286
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mark4mark View Post
Are you talking about the perimeter columns that fell over?
To audience: Is he talking about the perimeter columns that fell over?...
As far as I am aware the only columns bits which went that far were about 8 outliers from the spread of the columns which fell as you described.

They were only just outside the main "lozenge" patterns of the bulk of the columns.

Only two of them looked "suspicious" - the two upper left on the Verizon Building.

The rest are only just outside the bulk of material - the orange coloured lozenge shapes.

(Base image from FEMA)

Last edited by ozeco41; 9th April 2009 at 12:26 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:26 PM   #1287
lapman
Graduate Poster

It is accepted. No one in the scientific community has objected to their airtight findings.
Since it was posted in an obscure vanity journal that nobody reads, I'm not surprised.
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:26 PM   #1288
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
YOU made the claim that no videos have audio of explosions.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:26 PM   #1289
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
Opaque means light is blocked. Transparent means light passes through without serious distortion or coloor changes. TRANSLUCENT means that only limited light is allowed to pass through.
Jeez...my whole life i thought 'opaque' meant the same as 'translucent'. Thanks.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:28 PM   #1290
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

What airtight findings? Does the scientific community even read that rag in the first place?
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:28 PM   #1291
Galileo
Illuminator

Since it was posted in an obscure vanity journal that nobody reads, I'm not surprised.
obscure? It is spreading around the world faster than the SARS virus!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:28 PM   #1292
lapman
Graduate Poster

military grade nano-thermite is explosive.
False. You're batting zero here. Where is your proof of the silent explosives that can hurl steel beams hundreds of feet? Funny how you cower away from that question.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:30 PM   #1293
lapman
Graduate Poster

obscure? It is spreading around the world faster than the SARS virus!
Proof?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:30 PM   #1294
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

What explosive did blow the columns 500 feet?
We have gone from military explosives packed into aircraft................to

Shaped/cutting charges.........................to

Thermite........................to

NanoThermite...........................?

The mass and density is becoming less and less as your cronies run out of theories...........Next week it will be INVISIBLETHERMITE.
Jackanory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:30 PM   #1295
Galileo
Illuminator

I AGREE

I AGREE

I AGREE
I heard explosions and other loud noises in all three videos. Super nano-thermate explosions are not as loud as TNT you know.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:31 PM   #1296
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Opaque doesn't mean see-through. It means light can pass through it. That mght not be visible to the naked eye but could be picked up by instruments
OK we'll take your definition - how the hell do they determine that from SEM photo? How the hell is light going to pass through an metal oxide or a flake of steel? How do they manage to tell that using an SEM photo? How an SEM Works.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:32 PM   #1297
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Super nano-thermate explosions are not as loud as TNT you know.
Then they are less effective.

Your shipment of fail has arrived.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:32 PM   #1298
lapman
Graduate Poster

I heard explosions and other loud noises in all three videos. Super nano-thermate explosions are not as loud as TNT you know.
Why are you lying on all counts?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:35 PM   #1299
Sunstealer
Illuminator

A very kind JREF poster has given me a link to another person who has analysed chips obtained from Jones. More on that later but here is a nice photograph I'd like people to see. Can you tell why? Recognise anything? Anyone care to describe the individual layers and what conclusions they may lead to. This should be good. click on image.

Last edited by Sunstealer; 9th April 2009 at 12:47 PM.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:36 PM   #1300
Galileo
Illuminator

Proof?
over 1000 comments posted here.

and as of two days ago:

There were over 600 comments posted as of yesterday on www.dailykos.com

over 50 on opednews (plus two new articles today)

over 700 on www.dailypaul.com

a few hundred on www.ronpaulforums,com

www.rawstory.com had over 200

and over 100 on www.spurstalk.com

several hundred at www.digg.com

over 200 on www.infowars.com

a few hundred on screw loose change.

Never challenge Galileo on the evidence. I am the father of modern experimentation.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:42 PM   #1301
Sunstealer
Illuminator

and as of two days ago:

Never challenge Galileo on the evidence. I am the father of modern experimentation.
All of it dross with zero proper analysis.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:42 PM   #1302
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Proof? All those numbers and posts prove is that you like to put up a lot of stupid posts in alot of stupid forums.

You are the father of BS if you are the father of anything.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:42 PM   #1303
ozeco41
Philosopher

The explosives have already been found.

Now it is YOUR job to argue them out of existence.
Two errors there
1) the false claim that explosives have been found with inference that they were used.

2) And it is a quite simple assignment to show:
a) Explosives not needed; AND
b) Explosives not used.

So if you ever want to seriously discuss it let me know - but I am not interested in feeding trolling behaviour.

Hint/Clue there were only three points of the collapse mechanisms where explosives and/or incendiaries could conceivably have been used.

1) At the __________________. Wasn't because visual evidence shows it wasn't.

2) To cut the ................ therefore precipitating the initial collapse. Would have needed a big team of fire suited suicide volunteers to place devices after the aircraft crash and fires raging.

3) To somehow assist the global collapse. Wasn't needed - "global collapse was inevitable" And no evidence of it being tried.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:45 PM   #1304
lapman
Graduate Poster

and as of two days ago:

Not one single scentific forum. Fail
Old 9th April 2009, 12:45 PM   #1305
metamars
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
A chip the size of jones' sample, if it was thermite, would be easily visible from a long distance when ignited (thermite burns brighter than the sun) and air resistance wouldn't be an issue as the small chips would easily be blown out of the building by the large fireball.
What does this mean? I really don't know. I suppose it means that the radiative intensity at the surface of a burning thermite chip is more than the intensity of solar radiation that hits an eyeball, here on earth.

But intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. From, say, 200 m away, the intensity of your 2 mm thermite chip has dropped off by a factor of 4,000. So, if the intensity of solar radiation entering into our eyeballs is less than the intensity of a chip at it's surface by a factor of 10, it's still 400x weaker by the time it hits our eyes. I would not expect that our eyeballs can pick out specs far too small to see if they weren't luminous, just because they now radiate such that they are 400x weaker than sunshine.

Besides which, if they ignite ambient kerosene, their luminous output is going to be obscured not just by kerosene, but the smoke and dust that the burning kerosene creates.

If you look at the flame rate data, nanothermites weigh in at 700-900 m/second. Meanwhile, from the nanofoil people tell us that while the foil can reach 1500 deg C, it starts to cool and can be handled in "seconds". I think I recall reading that it cools at 1,000 deg /sec, but I'm not sure. Basically, they would hit their peak temperature 'long' before they exited the building (I'm assuming that they move the same velocity as the jet debris), and only glow at all for what I'll guesstimate is a fraction of a second.

If you want to make an argument that ignited specs, en masse, would register on our eyeballs, go ahead. You'll have to take into consideration obscuring, ignited kerosene and their luminosity profile as a function of time. Since you don't normally stare into the sun, you need to calculate reflected solar intensity entering your eyes. I'd guesstimate that a lower limit for this is 1/24 th the intensity of staring directly at the sun at high noon (based on eyeballing the power vs. angle of incidence graph here). You should also look into the relationship between luminosity and radiation, sensitivity of human eyeballs, etc.

Have fun. Maybe you can publish your work in a Bentham Open Journal.
metamars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:50 PM   #1306
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You are the anti-Galileo spewing lies, hearsay, and delusions as fast as you can post the tripe made up for you by others about super thermite destroying the WTC.
Your super thermite was not at the WTC on 911, it is in the mind of a fired delusional physicist who has to pay money to be published because his work is based on the same lies, hearsay, and delusions you believe. It is funny how many delusion believers are ranting on how great this failed smoking gun is for 911Truth.

How anti-Galileo like can you get super thermite boom man. How did those people survive in the core without being boomed to death by the super thermite? Why is there no evidence of super thermite blast effects on any of the WTC steel? lol

You failed to present evidence on 911, you presented your failed fantasy. Did you forget to bring the evidence?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:50 PM   #1307
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Nobody (outside of some of us here on JREF) in the scientific community knows about it or cares about it, to be honest...but you know that.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:50 PM   #1308
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by galileo View Post
....never challenge galileo on the evidence. I won't respond with anything intelligent and relevant.
fixed. :d :d
Old 9th April 2009, 12:52 PM   #1309
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
A very kind JREF poster has given me a link to another person who has analysed chips obtained from Jones. More on that later but here is a nice photograph I'd like people to see. Can you tell why? Recognise anything? Anyone care to describe the individual layers and what conclusions they may lead to. This should be good. click on image.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/583...sfromjo.th.jpg
sorry man, it looks like two layered carpet to me.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:52 PM   #1310
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Two errors there
1) the false claim that explosives have been found with inference that they were used.
The explosives were found in the residue from the explosions, so the inference is valid.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:52 PM   #1311
Sunstealer
Illuminator

READ POST 1299 - That SEM Photo clarifies once and for all that Jones' samples a-d are paint attached to hematite. No mistakes, no ifs, no buts, it clearly shows a crystalline metallic substrate called steel with an oxidised layer and then paint attached.

Stop with the BS, the spamming the insinuation etc - that photo sinks Jones et al.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:53 PM   #1312
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I'm having trouble with the father of modern experimentation not being able to see it (or the lack of it) if it bit him in the face.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:54 PM   #1313
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

READ POST 1299 - That SEM Photo clarifies once and for all that Jones' samples a-d are paint attached to hematite. No mistakes, no ifs, no buts, it clearly shows a crystalline metallic substrate called steel with an oxidised layer and then paint attached.

Stop with the BS, the spamming the insinuation etc - that photo sinks Jones et al.
SO the person who provided you the photo, and analyzed Jones chips, what does he/she think of (A) the photo, and (B) his chips?

TAM
Old 9th April 2009, 12:56 PM   #1314
lapman
Graduate Poster

The explosives were found in the residue from the explosions, so the inference is valid.
False. No explosive residue has been found.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:00 PM   #1315
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
fixed. :d :d
You break the JREF rules. You changed my quote. Breaking the rules is not funny.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:00 PM   #1316
boloboffin

I'm not qualified to analyze that picture, but I await the discussion of it eagerly. Please don't get frustrated. Your work is greatly appreciated here.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 01:01 PM   #1317
roundhead
Banned

False. No explosive residue has been found.

Not true.

This peer reviewed scientific paper says their was.

Until a scientific paper is published to scientifically undermine it( as yet such ISNT the case), gill plate flapping and jumping up and down and screaming carries zero cerebral weight. None. Zilch. Nada.

Especially from you 19.99 Wal-mart starter kit teenage chemists around here
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 01:01 PM   #1318
Galileo
Illuminator

Wrong! An international team of distinguished PhD scientists has debunked your notion.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:04 PM   #1319
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
Not true.

This peer reviewed scientific paper says their was.

Until a scientific paper is published to scientifically undermine it( as yet such ISNT the case), gill plate flapping and jumping up and down and screaming carries zero cerebral weight. None. Zilch. Nada.

Especially from you 19.99 Wal-mart starter kit teenage chemists around here
sorry to inform you, but a single paper by one group of scientists with a single set of UNVERIFIED, UNREPEATED results, does not proof make.

Try again later.

TAM
Old 9th April 2009, 01:07 PM   #1320
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I keep getting refewrred to a YouTube video in which some idiot claims you can hear the demolition charges in the south tower, but at the end, you also hear Michael Hezarkhani's voice and a bunch of screaming women, but in the video there are only male fire fighters withion sight of the camera.

Do you believe that that was obviously manipulated?

No?

Oh, well. Let's be friends anyway. Did i tell you I am looking for a partner in a toll bridge oepration in NYC?
If there was a conspiracy to doctor the tape, someone would have talked by now.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories