IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 03:33 AM   #3281
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Governor Gavin N has done a really bad job on taking care of the homeless population in California. If he can’t fix the problem, the Federal Govt. will get involved!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 03:39 AM   #3282
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Does anyone think theprestige is actually aware of the implicit irony in his post?

LOL!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 04:53 AM   #3283
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Governor Gavin N has done a really bad job on taking care of the homeless population in California. If he can’t fix the problem, the Federal Govt. will get involved!
Why hasn't Trump fixed it?....
Old 26th December 2019, 06:40 AM   #3284
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Nancy Pelosi has no leverage over the Senate. Mitch McConnell did not nose his way into the impeachment process in the House, and she has no standing in the Senate.” Brad Blakeman. Crazy Nancy should clean up her filthy dirty District & help the homeless there. A primary for N?

Nancy Pelosi’s District in California has rapidly become one of the worst anywhere in the U.S. when it come to the homeless & crime. It has gotten so bad, so fast - she has lost total control and, along with her equally incompetent governor, Gavin Newsom, it is a very sad sight!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 06:43 AM   #3285
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Let's hope he forgot it - his solution would inevitably be far worse for both them and the community at large than just leaving it alone.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 07:06 AM   #3286
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Bite your tongue man. Trump's solution to a homeless problem is going to be more camps at best, low cost fertilizer at worst.
Old 26th December 2019, 07:54 AM   #3287
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Despite all of the great success that our Country has had over the last 3 years, it makes it much more difficult to deal with foreign leaders (and others) when I am having to constantly defend myself against the Do Nothing Democrats & their bogus Impeachment Scam. Bad for USA!

Russia, Syria, and Iran are killing, or on their way to killing, thousands if inocent civilians in Idlib Province. Don’t do it! Turkey is working hard to stop this carnage.
Old 26th December 2019, 09:21 AM   #3288
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Why am I out of line for judging ( and hating) Trump for the things he does and says?
Why does he and his supporters get Special Dispensation?
It's reminiscent of how USA Christians are the most discriminated against and downtrodden people anywhere in the world.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:23 PM   #3289
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Russia, Syria, and Iran are killing, or on their way to killing, thousands if inocent civilians in Idlib Province. Don’t do it! Turkey is working hard to stop this carnage.
<sigh...>
Old 26th December 2019, 03:15 PM   #3290
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I see Donnie has been on another manic tweetathon. Melania needs to slip some Valium into his morning diet Coke.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 03:28 PM   #3291
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Despite all of the great success that our Country has had over the last 3 years, it makes it much more difficult to deal with foreign leaders (and others) when I am having to constantly defend myself against the Do Nothing Democrats & their bogus Impeachment Scam. Bad for USA!
Well, it would certainly help your cause, Donny, if you DIDN'T DO IMPEACHABLE THINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Quote:
It sure is. When all the Kurds are dead, no further problems!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 03:36 PM   #3292
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

“Nancy Pelosi has no leverage over the Senate. Mitch McConnell did not nose his way into the impeachment process in the House, and she has no standing in the Senate.” Brad Blakeman. Crazy Nancy should clean up her filthy dirty District & help the homeless there. A primary for N?
Blakeman is a proponent of the notion that Trump is not officially impeached until the articles go to the Senate. Which means Trump "logically" has to go into personal insult mode.

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi’s District in California has rapidly become one of the worst anywhere in the U.S. when it come to the homeless & crime. It has gotten so bad, so fast - she has lost total control and, along with her equally incompetent governor, Gavin Newsom, it is a very sad sight!
**** stirring. The more he tries this, the more he is ignored.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 03:43 PM   #3293
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Hating Trump is more important than understanding the people you're actually talking to.
Not really.

Personally I don't hate Trump, I do have a level of pity for him. What I think he needs is a serious intervention, sectioning to a facility, and retirement to a place where he can live out his life of fantasies such that he no longer hurts anyone. He is a danger to himself as much as anyone else. And his paranoid narcissistic fantasies need to be corralled and negated.

If he could just get treatment then retire to Mar-a-Lago and his golf courses permanently, never be heard again in public and disappear quietly into the shadows of history, that would be by far the best outcome.

The USA needs to be able to recover from the damage he is causing it. This will take far longer than he took to create it.
Old 26th December 2019, 04:06 PM   #3294
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
The USA needs to be able to recover from the damage he is causing it. This will take far longer than he took to create it.
Some people swear the damage is no big deal; we've been through this before, etc.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 04:13 PM   #3295
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Hating Trump is more important than understanding the people you're actually talking to.
What, Amercans are supposed to go hat in hand to Trump supporters and beg, "please stop being traitors to your country?" Americans don't need to understand Trump supporters. Trump supporters need to remember where their loyalty should be. They betrayed us; Americans didn't betray them.

I think most Americans understand that if we're going to get our country back, it will be with Democrats and unaffiliated voters. Trump supporters are just lost.
Old 26th December 2019, 04:22 PM   #3296
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The GOP wants to take care of the homeless? Since when?
Old 26th December 2019, 05:08 PM   #3297
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Well, they have a "solution" for "the homeless problem" but that's not the same thing.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 05:24 PM   #3298
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Well, they have a "solution" for "the homeless problem" but that's not the same thing.
Must be something like Hitler's "final solution".
Old 26th December 2019, 05:45 PM   #3299
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Sure they do! They put a scatter-brained, unqualified Trump-ninny in charge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, who had no idea recently that he was actually responsible for dealing with homelessness. Then his "solution" was basically to tell the homeless to pray to Jeebus, don't expect any more handouts, stop being lazy, get a real job, and stop cluttering up the doorstep of his shrine to himself home.

But conservatives can sometimes see sense...if it saves them money, of course.
https://www.theamericanconservative....-homelessness/
Old 26th December 2019, 05:47 PM   #3300
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I guess Justin T doesn’t much like my making him pay up on NATO or Trade!

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News
President Trump’s cameo in “Home Alone 2: Lost In New York” was reportedly cut from showings of the movie on Canadian broadcasts. The network says it was to make room for commercials. http://bit.ly/2SuSSi2

The movie will never be the same! (just kidding)

Mediaite
@Mediaite
'Censorship': Fox & Friends Calls Out Canadian Broadcaster For Removing Trump From Home Alone http://mediaite.com/a/gfkuk

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 26th December 2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 26th December 2019, 05:50 PM   #3301
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

California leads the nation, by far, in both the number of homeless people, and the percentage increase in the homeless population - two terrible stats. Crazy Nancy should focus on that in her very down district, and helping her incompetent governor with the big homeless problem!
Old 26th December 2019, 05:56 PM   #3302
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News
President Trump’s cameo in “Home Alone 2: Lost In New York” was reportedly cut from showings of the movie on Canadian broadcasts. The network says it was to make room for commercials. http://bit.ly/2SuSSi2

Mediaite
@Mediaite
'Censorship': Fox & Friends Calls Out Canadian Broadcaster For Removing Trump From Home Alone http://mediaite.com/a/gfkuk
Thinnest skin in the universe!
Old 26th December 2019, 05:57 PM   #3303
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

California leads the nation, by far, in both the number of homeless people, and the percentage increase in the homeless population - two terrible stats. Crazy Nancy should focus on that in her very down district, and helping her incompetent governor with the big homeless problem!
Trump seems to forget. Homelessness is his problem too. I love how he's threatening ???? to do something about it.
Old 26th December 2019, 05:59 PM   #3304
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I assume you omitted "Trump Tweets" from that post!
Old 26th December 2019, 06:02 PM   #3305
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

This just in: Trump thinks the Canadian Prime Minister has some say in what the CBC does. Reports are coming in of Stephen Harper giving himself a concussion, after he slapped himself in the face tremendously hard, while shouting, "Why did I never think about that?!?".
Old 26th December 2019, 06:16 PM   #3306
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I assume you omitted "Trump Tweets" from that post!
zYes, sorry, did it in pub listening to abnd
Old 26th December 2019, 06:53 PM   #3307
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
This just in: Trump thinks the Canadian Prime Minister has some say in what the CBC does. Reports are coming in of Stephen Harper giving himself a concussion, after he slapped himself in the face tremendously hard, while shouting, "Why did I never think about that?!?".
Trump worries that every country’s leaders have more power than he does. That is why he is constantly trying to amass more power in the presidents office.
Old 26th December 2019, 07:56 PM   #3308
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump seems to forget. Homelessness is his problem too. I love how he's threatening ???? to do something about it.
Why just California's homeless? There are homeless people sleeping on grates in view of his current residence. The Federal Government exerts an absurd amount of control over Washington DC. He hasn't done anything about them.
Old 26th December 2019, 07:57 PM   #3309
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Must be something like Hitler's "final solution".
I doubt the killing would be that overt. However, since Trump supporters are just a bunch of filthy Nazis, I'm sure their solution involves camps.
Old 26th December 2019, 08:00 PM   #3310
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@FOX13News

Mediaite
@Mediaite
Okay Trump supporters, tell us why your stupid ass, bat-**** crazy president should retain control of our nuclear arsenal. He's your guy. Tell why keeping idiot boy as president makes sense here. It's not like this is an isolated incident.
Old 26th December 2019, 08:23 PM   #3311
Mumbles
Philosopher

The easiest response is simply to confiscate the property of wealthy investors that are buying apartments and keeping them empty in order to drive up the prices of remaining housing, and provide them to those homeless who are can be reasonably trusted not to, say, tear the copper out of the walls. Well, this plus government-provided mental health care, and full funding of battered women's (and any other genre - men, intersex, etc.) shelters.

The GOP will love that fix, correct?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 08:27 PM   #3312
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why just California's homeless? There are homeless people sleeping on grates in view of his current residence. The Federal Government exerts an absurd amount of control over Washington DC. He hasn't done anything about them.
I travel a lot. I see homeless people everywhere including small towns. Although wealthy enclaves basically force them out. The problem is housing is too expensive and that has been caused by numerous factors including zoning laws that are anti density.
Old 27th December 2019, 01:42 AM   #3313
SezMe
post-pre-born

dup

Last edited by SezMe; 27th December 2019 at 01:43 AM.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 08:49 AM   #3314
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

ETA: Posting to this thread getting super-slow for anyone else?

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 27th December 2019 at 08:53 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th December 2019, 09:33 AM   #3315
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Dup post because of the slowness

Mod InfoThread closed due to slowness, continued here.
Posted By:zooterkin

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th December 2019 at 10:03 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics