ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 08:45 PM   #3081
bob_kark
Person of Hench

All this stupidity is making my head hurt!!

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=6377

Make it stop!!
Old 16th June 2006, 09:35 PM   #3082
Class
Critical Thinker

From that thread:
Quote:
And both buildings (add one more in that number) fell down in the form of a PERFECT (world-class exampled) controlled demolition.
The collapse of the World Trade Center towers sent debris everywhere from the top of the building, as evident by this photograph.
achteeteepeeslashslash.thebiggestsecretpict.online .fr/nwo/wtc_collapse.jpg

The spread of debris caused millions of dollars in damage to all neighboring buildings, and even resulted the collapse of another building.

If the WTC collapses were indeed controlled demolition, it was downright sloppy work. I don't know how anyone can see it as being a 'perfect' controlled demolition (or a controlled demolition at all).
Class is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:37 PM   #3083
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
Don't be silly,
it wasn't a BIRD,
it wasn't a PLANE it was ..
SUPERMAN!
No, it was Soxman!

Old 16th June 2006, 10:13 PM   #3084
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Our secret weapon!

Does your primary mission make more sense now, bob_kark?
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 11:54 PM   #3085
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Class View Post
From that thread:
The collapse of the World Trade Center towers sent debris everywhere from the top of the building, as evident by this photograph.

The spread of debris caused millions of dollars in damage to all neighboring buildings, and even resulted the collapse of another building.

If the WTC collapses were indeed controlled demolition, it was downright sloppy work. I don't know how anyone can see it as being a 'perfect' controlled demolition (or a controlled demolition at all).
I can't get your link to work. Even when I remove the extra space.
Old 16th June 2006, 11:57 PM   #3086
Class
Critical Thinker

Oops, remove that dot between slashslash and thebiggestsecret
Class is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 11:59 PM   #3087
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

From that thread:
http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.f...c_collapse.jpg

Fixed the link for RandFan
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 12:48 AM   #3088
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
Fixed the link for RandFan
Thanks Shrinker and Class.

Can't you guys see that the building is falling faster than free fall? Hell, can't you see that the free falling debris is falling faster than that?
Old 17th June 2006, 12:50 AM   #3089
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Oops, remove that dot between slashslash and thebiggestsecret
"achteeteepeeslashslash" = http://, got it.
Old 17th June 2006, 12:58 AM   #3090
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
Thanks Shrinker and Class.

Can't you guys see that the building is falling faster than free fall? Hell, can't you see that the free falling debris is falling faster than that?
Looks like a bomb in the basement to me. No really, they could have moved the basement to the 80th floor during the powerdowns.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 01:11 AM   #3091
valis
Muse

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
"Antelope Drive 1/128 Mile" ??
Sorry to be a "Spoilsport" but it should be Antelope Freeway. It's right after the Shadow Valley Condoms, if you lived there you'd be home by now.

A song, by those guys...
valis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 01:26 AM   #3092
valis
Muse

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
OMG, what a great letter! "We're investigating 9-11 and were wondering if you'd care to admit that you made modifications to certain aircraft that resulted in the deaths of thousands of people. Oh, and by the way do you know what happened to the 'decoys'?"
But now they can say 'Cascade Aerospace refused to deny.....'

By the way I noticed they have a Valis over there as well. No relation. The name Valis is both the title of a novel and the name of an anime character. I do NOT belive the iridiaum sattalite network is being used to detonate aircraft or whatever that guy is trying to say. I guess I will have to wait for his 'peer reviewed 911 journal'. With peers like that it should be quite a journal.

A song, by those guys...
valis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 01:37 AM   #3093
valis
Muse

Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I have a hard time believing that the SO-CALLED TERRORIST who couldn't fly could have piloted a boeing 767 into a building twice. Thats like finding a needle in a haystack twice. Do you have any idea how hard it is to do that?
But that isn't the case. There were four planes and only two directly hit their targets.

A song, by those guys...
Old 17th June 2006, 01:43 AM   #3094
valis
Muse

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention them yet, but I thank Canada for giving us Joni Mitchell, Ian Tyson, and Neil Young.
I'd rather keep Alainis Morisette (sp?) and Gordon Lightfoot and send back Mr. Young and Ms. Mitchell. (Perhaps a big yellow taxi could pick her up).

A song, by those guys...
Old 17th June 2006, 03:11 AM   #3095
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by valis View Post
I'd rather keep Alainis Morisette (sp?) and Gordon Lightfoot and send back Mr. Young and Ms. Mitchell. (Perhaps a big yellow taxi could pick her up).
Keep Gordon Lightfoot? Can we send you back?
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 04:19 AM   #3096
valis
Muse

Originally Posted by delphi_ote View Post
Keep Gordon Lightfoot? Can we send you back?
No you may not, I for one am smart enough not to leave Central Florida.

A song, by those guys...
Old 17th June 2006, 04:52 AM   #3097
Obviousman
Muse

Heheheeh - because they were dissing JREF so badly over in ScrewLoose, I joined up!

They are good for something after all!
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:14 AM   #3098
MarkyX
Master Poster

I love how they say it goes perfectly into their own footprint when not a single WTC (besides the rebuilt WTC7) is not standing today because of 9/11.

EDIT: Now they are accusing CDI, guys who have been doing buildings for decades and are literally the best in the world. This is funny. Every structual engineer knew the building was going to come down, but they were really surprised how long for the buildings to collapse because they were so well built.

Last edited by MarkyX; 17th June 2006 at 05:19 AM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:25 AM   #3099
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Where did you get my picture?!
Old 17th June 2006, 05:29 AM   #3100
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by Obviousman View Post
Heheheeh - because they were dissing JREF so badly over in ScrewLoose, I joined up!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 17th June 2006, 05:40 AM   #3101
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Hey! Welcome Obviousman!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:44 AM   #3102
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
I love how they say it goes perfectly into their own footprint when not a single WTC (besides the rebuilt WTC7) is not standing today because of 9/11.

EDIT: Now they are accusing CDI, guys who have been doing buildings for decades and are literally the best in the world. This is funny. Every structual engineer knew the building was going to come down, but they were really surprised how long for the buildings to collapse because they were so well built.

Once again, because they have no scale or concept of the WTC, they were never there.

Manhattan is build cheek and jowl, 1880's buildings line up right next to skyscrapers, not much real estate is wasted in this town.

But the WTC, was built in a huge plaza, it was not even close to the sidewalk, except on West Street, by the river. That offset gave the illusion that they were not as big as they were until you were right on them. The plazas around them were kind of useless, too cold and windy in the winter to walk through, and too hot and unsheltered in the summer. Concerts held there were an acoustical nightmare.

Remember that when you see photos - you had to be quite a ways back to get the whole thing in.

Yet debris hit the Verizon Bldg, (to the North). The Deutsche Bank (Formerly Bankers Trust) to the South, Flattened a small Greek orthodox church (St. Nicholas ) built in a 19th century building even further south, The World Financial Center, (to the West.) To the East, things were not so bad, St. Paul's Chapel - an 18th century building - escaped with the loss of a single tree. Fell in the footprint? Not even if you were wearing snowshoes!

And WTC 7? Why no views south looking North? Because the FDNY needed that path to get in and out of #7, and knew that when it came down, it had only one place to go - # 7 was built close to other buildings. Vessey Street was also full of fallen WTC #1 pieces. And airplane parts. small ones. The ones the MIB fairies sprinkled around.

"Pull it" ??? Here's another clue kidz - the FDNY fights fires from the INSIDE. The fire department in your town probably fights them by squirting water from the outside. "Pull it"? Yeah, pull the guys who are inside out, because this building with the chunk out of it, the raging fire inside, and the buckling and groaning sounds, is not worth one more life, it's condemned anyway.

Context is everything in history. The scientists & engineers here can add to that.

Last edited by 60hzxtl; 17th June 2006 at 06:58 AM.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:49 AM   #3103
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

But that isn't the case. There were four planes and only two directly hit their targets.
Ha! Proof that you're the "other" Valis. Somebody, grab him!

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:56 AM   #3104
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
And both buildings (add one more in that number) fell down in the form of a PERFECT (world-class exampled) controlled demolition.
From that thread:

This stuff is SOOOOO Loose Change - Part I material, and was completely discredited back then.

The only resemblence between the falling of WTC 1 and 2 and a "controlled demolition" is that buildings fell down. Outside of that, the falling of the big WTC look nothing like any controlled demolition that has ever been carried out.

Dr Adequate posted a link that had something like 20 of the biggest CDs of all-time. Not a single one fell like the WTC towers. Even geggy admitted that it didn't look like a controlled demolition (of course, he took the next leap to conclude that it must have been a heretofore never used CD approach).

The best evidence that the WTC towers did not fall by controlled demolition is that they DON'T LOOK LIKE THEY DID!

WTC7 looks much more CD like, but that's because the building failure occurs over a much larger vertical range (proportionately, at least). However, the only video I have actually seen focuses mostly on the bottom half of the building, so you can't see the whole building at once. Moreover, that collapse has other problems of its own (it's a completely nonsensical CD if it was; requires the masterminds who planned the whole deal to be complete idiots)
Old 17th June 2006, 06:12 AM   #3105
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
This stuff is SOOOOO Loose Change - Part I material, and was completely discredited back then.
You're forgetting that it was disguised to not look like a CD.

Oh, wait. That means it didn't look like a CD. But of course it did. So, I think it was disguised, but the disguise wasn't perfect, so it looks like a disguised CD. geggy told me so.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 06:24 AM   #3106
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

Finding a needle in a haystack is easy. Finding a piece of straw in a haystack is hard.
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 06:30 AM   #3107
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post

Remember that when you see photos - you had to be quite a ways back to get the whole thing in.
Good post 60thingy. If like me you never saw them in real life, this photo helps...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=118

You might also want to browse the entire thread, there are some amazing photos of the site there. If you like tall buildings it might bring a tear to your eye...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...0&page=1&pp=20

(Catch it while you can, the hotlinks are slowly breaking)
Old 17th June 2006, 07:00 AM   #3108
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
You're forgetting that it was disguised to not look like a CD.

Oh, wait. That means it didn't look like a CD. But of course it did. So, I think it was disguised, but the disguise wasn't perfect, so it looks like a disguised CD. geggy told me so.
As I said, the fact that it didn't look like CD means that it was a different kind of CD, unlike any CD ever done before.

That's what geggy said.
Old 17th June 2006, 07:07 AM   #3109
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
Good post 60thingy. If like me you never saw them in real life, this photo helps...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=118

You might also want to browse the entire thread, there are some amazing photos of the site there. If you like tall buildings it might bring a tear to your eye...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...0&page=1&pp=20

(Catch it while you can, the hotlinks are slowly breaking)

Thanks for the kind words, Note well that so many of the images there are taken from a distance - quite a few taken from New Jersey - just to get an idea of the scale.

This,

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=155927

gives you an idea of the size of the plazas - and the space between buildings.

A long time ago I worked in WTC 1, on the 74th floor, North side. I could not have told you where the fire stairs were. (summer job, I had other things on my mind. . .)

Also if you were never there, you would not grasp the depth of the foundation of the building, going deep into the Path train station, many, many stories below. Much of the debris fell down, filling that void, and gives a false impression, of where did all the stuff go.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 07:28 AM   #3110
JPK
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Johnny Pixels View Post
Finding a needle in a haystack is easy. Finding a piece of straw in a haystack is hard.
I think it was Sherlock Homes who said, "The best place to hide a needle is not in a haystack, but amongst other needles."
JPK
John Kardel
JPK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 08:35 AM   #3111
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

You Canucks can keep Alanis and Young, but you have to take back Anne Murray, Paul Schaeffer, and Celine Dion. We keep Shatner, Kidder, Michael J. Fox, and a celebrity to be named later.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 09:14 AM   #3112
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
You Canucks can keep Alanis and Young, but you have to take back Anne Murray, Paul Schaeffer, and Celine Dion. We keep Shatner, Kidder, Michael J. Fox, and a celebrity to be named later.
As a bonus can we send them the Baldwin brothers, or at least Alec Baldwin? If it's only Alec they'll have to take Robert Altman as well though.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 09:15 AM   #3113
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
Martin Short? He has his moments.
Old 17th June 2006, 09:42 AM   #3114
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Welcome, and thanks so much for coming over, Obviousman. This is a great community with some great people. Glad you could join us.
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 09:42 AM   #3115
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
Martin Short? He has his moments.
Jim Carrey
Old 17th June 2006, 09:44 AM   #3116
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
I'm afraid I struck a nerve with this post:

Perhaps I was a little condescending...oh, well. No givesies backsies.

That's ok...I decided to give them a lesson on probability.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 09:44 AM   #3117
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Welcome, and BTW, you are free to dissent here on any issue without getting banned.
Old 17th June 2006, 09:45 AM   #3118
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
Jim Carrey
Old 17th June 2006, 09:50 AM   #3119
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by delphi_ote View Post

Remember, this is Canada we're talking about. The pickins are slim.
Old 17th June 2006, 09:52 AM   #3120
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Kent1
Acually at the Loose Change forums they stay somewhat civil as opposed to other sites.....http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?s...=3108&st=13965 (Beware it can get super vile!!)
Ouch.

I notice these people now use "terrorist" to discredit opponents as they used to use "communist" back in the 60s.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories