ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags atheism , China incidents , China issues , christian persecution , gosateizm

Reply
Old 20th December 2018, 07:56 AM   #2281
8enotto
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 501
Greenpeace had to buy big boats and uses public indignation as a source of fuel for them. A lot via web efforts.
But it is the boats that make the impact.

How is the Big Dog foundation for Christian human rights going to make the difference in China or Russia?

You have to make contact with dodgy governments and get onto the sites to make an impact.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 08:43 AM   #2282
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Greenpeace had to buy big boats and uses public indignation as a source of fuel for them. A lot via web efforts.
But it is the boats that make the impact.

How is the Big Dog foundation for Christian human rights going to make the difference in China or Russia?

You have to make contact with dodgy governments and get onto the sites to make an impact.
We choose to end atheist human rights abuses in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 08:46 AM   #2283
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,906
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Class? Your final exam will require you to write 500 words on irony.

I would not even need that many given the number of examples of irony and incompetence shown in your posts here.
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 08:51 AM   #2284
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
I would not even need that many given the number of examples of irony and incompetence shown in your posts here.
'k
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 09:07 PM   #2285
Lambchops
Graduate Poster
 
Lambchops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norvegr
Posts: 1,174
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
We choose to end atheist human rights abuses in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too
And here you are, crying crocodile tears on the internet.

Good job, TBD!
__________________
Cracking eggs and shooting children in the head is the exact same thing.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2018, 08:48 AM   #2286
sylvan8798
Master Poster
 
sylvan8798's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,846
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
We choose to end atheist human rights abuses in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too
Uhhhh, okay, good luck with that. We're getting a bit long on the decade, so maybe step things up a tad.
__________________
DoYouEverWonder - Engineers and architects don't have to design steel buildings not to collapse from gravity. They already conquered gravity when they built it.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2018, 06:12 AM   #2287
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Still, I appreciate the nice lesson we had on the fallacy of whataboutism.
Two interesting examples come to mind:

"Why do you notice the speck in your brother's eye, but not the beam in your own?"

And

"Let he who is without sin throw the first stone."

I have always thought those were very wise words, but now I have learned they are fallacies. Obvious whataboutisms.

Oh, well......

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 23rd December 2018 at 06:13 AM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 12:53 PM   #2288
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Interesting thread on Reddit

A reminder that China has placed nearly 1.8 million Uighur Muslims in concentration camps. Inside these camps, it force feeds the Muslim prisoners pork and alcohol, and subjects them to torture and religious brainwashing tactics.

Totalitarian + Atheist = Human Rights Atrocities
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:05 PM   #2289
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 20,374
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Totalitarian = Human Rights Atrocities
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:12 PM   #2290
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Totalitarian = Human Rights Atrocities
here we are talking about atheists' human rights atrocities, with particular emphasis on reeducation designed to force atheism down the throats of the believers.

Disgusting
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:20 PM   #2291
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 20,374
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
here we are talking about atheists' human rights atrocities, with particular emphasis on reeducation designed to force atheism down the throats of the believers.

Disgusting
I agree it is disgusting, but the thing is that is what totalitarian regimes do.

The atheism isn't really the problem - it's the totalitarianism. In other places you have religious totalitarianism and that's also disgusting.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:21 PM   #2292
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,498
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Also:

Totalitarian + Theist = Human Rights Atrocities

The leadership of China and the leadership Catholic Church ought to get together and have a game of doubles.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:25 PM   #2293
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I agree it is disgusting, but the thing is that is what totalitarian regimes do.

The atheism isn't really the problem - it's the totalitarianism. In other places you have religious totalitarianism and that's also disgusting.
I've explained this a dozen times, the totalitarian gives them the means, the atheism gives them the motive.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:25 PM   #2294
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,960
The scary part is not because of Atheists, it's that a government is deciding which religions to crack down on first.
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:43 PM   #2295
Thor 2
Illuminator
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 4,798
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I've explained this a dozen times, the totalitarian gives them the means, the atheism gives them the motive.

After being buried for two months that bone of yours hasn't gained any palatability The Big Dog. Nobody else will swallow even a portion regardless of your repeated explanations.
__________________
Thinking is a faith hazard.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 01:46 PM   #2296
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 20,374
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I've explained this a dozen times, the totalitarian gives them the means, the atheism gives them the motive.
The totalitarianism gives both the means and the motive. The Atheism gives the excuse.

The goal is power.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 02:21 PM   #2297
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I've explained this a dozen times, the totalitarian gives them the means, the atheism gives them the motive.
You have claimed it a dozen times.

There's a difference, you know.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 02:30 PM   #2298
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
You have claimed it a dozen times.

There's a difference, you know.

Hans
I wonder if you see the irony in your post.

I have specifically cited the evidence supporting it at least a dozen times ("Unyielding Marxist Atheists").

It has been ignored. Oh well, par for the course.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 03:37 PM   #2299
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I wonder if you see the irony in your post.

I have specifically cited the evidence supporting it at least a dozen times ("Unyielding Marxist Atheists").

It has been ignored. Oh well, par for the course.
Yes, you would fall for Chinese propaganda rhetoric, wherever it seems to suit your agenda.

China is neither marxist, nor atheist.

But, don't let facts disturb you.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 03:39 PM   #2300
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Yes, you would fall for Chinese propaganda rhetoric, wherever it seems to suit your agenda.

China is neither marxist, nor atheist.

But, don't let facts disturb you.

Hans
You have claimed it a dozen times.

There's a difference, you know.

Hans TBD
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 03:49 PM   #2301
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You have claimed it a dozen times.

There's a difference, you know.

Hans TBD
Ah.

Thought you could do better than that.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 04:27 PM   #2302
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Ah.

Thought you could do better than that.

Hans
It is called being hoisted by one's own petard

You done been hoisted.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 12:00 AM   #2303
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,635
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It is called being hoisted by one's own petard

You done been hoisted.
Slow day eh? Political section not getting you through the day anymore?

Here I'll give ya a boost.



.k
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2019, 10:28 PM   #2304
Tassman
Muse
 
Tassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 921
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I've explained this a dozen times, the totalitarian gives them the means, the atheism gives them the motive.
Totalitarianism gives ANY ideological system the means. Calvin's regime in Geneva was totalitarian in practice if not in name as has been the Catholic Church in history. And modern Evangelicalism in the USA has all the hallmarks of totalitarianism by attempting to impose its ideology on the populace via legislation. Hence its determination to get Conservative justices and judges on the bench.
__________________
“He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” ― Douglas Adams.
Tassman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 12:03 AM   #2305
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,077
Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
Totalitarianism gives ANY ideological system the means. Calvin's regime in Geneva was totalitarian in practice if not in name as has been the Catholic Church in history. And modern Evangelicalism in the USA has all the hallmarks of totalitarianism by attempting to impose its ideology on the populace via legislation. Hence its determination to get Conservative justices and judges on the bench.
During the time they have existed, Christian Churches have been the instigators or have sanctioned more and bloodier wars, and more murder and human misery than any other organisations on earth.

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity...._churchwar.htm
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th March 2019 at 12:07 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 02:19 AM   #2306
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,643
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I wonder if you see the irony in your post.

I have specifically cited the evidence supporting it at least a dozen times ("Unyielding Marxist Atheists").

It has been ignored. Oh well, par for the course.
Are you quoting Chinese government propaganda as if it was true?

How convenient.

Can you walk us through the process by which you determine which statements by the Chinese government are true, and which are false? Because right now, it looks like you make this decision solely based on whether it suits whatever agrument you happen to be making at the time.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 03:07 AM   #2307
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,077
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
.... right now, it looks like you make this decision solely based on whether it suits whatever agrument you happen to be making at the time.
You say this like you are surprised!
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 10:38 AM   #2308
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are you quoting Chinese government propaganda as if it was true?

How convenient.

Can you walk us through the process by which you determine which statements by the Chinese government are true, and which are false? Because right now, it looks like you make this decision solely based on whether it suits whatever agrument you happen to be making at the time.
We have been there before, but nice to try it gain. However, the highlighted part seems to be the answer.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 10:43 AM   #2309
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
We choose to end atheist human rights abuses in this decade and do the other things,
Like building a wall to Mexico? Perhaps if you said "We try to", you would show a smidgen of honesty.


Quote:
not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too
Some of us might be more interested in HOW you propose to do it.

... Mind you, I'm all for ending human rights abuses, no matter who commits them. You are welcome to take on such that are atheist.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 10:49 AM   #2310
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are you quoting Chinese government propaganda as if it was true?

How convenient.

Can you walk us through the process by which you determine which statements by the Chinese government are true, and which are false? Because right now, it looks like you make this decision solely based on whether it suits whatever agrument you happen to be making at the time.
Wait. wait. First walk us through the process where you concluded that Xi exhorting his followers to crack down on the faithful is "Chinese propaganda"

I find that absolutely fascinating
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 12:52 PM   #2311
dann
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,056
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I have specifically cited the evidence supporting it at least a dozen times ("Unyielding Marxist Atheists").

It has been ignored. Oh well, par for the course.

We established a very long time ago that you don't know what Marxism is, you don't know what Atheism is, and the so-called "Atheist Bible" says approximately the opposite of what you thought it said:
Post 239, Sep. 13, 2018.
Post 280, Sep. 13, 2018.
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 01:36 PM   #2312
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 21,850
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Wait. wait. First walk us through the process where you concluded that Xi exhorting his followers to crack down on the faithful is "Chinese propaganda"

I find that absolutely fascinating
No. Because you know what it is about, so don't play dumb.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 02:26 PM   #2313
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
No. Because you know what it is about, so don't play dumb.

Hans
Right, it wasn’t “Chinese propaganda” and the suggestion that it was is ridiculous.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 05:47 PM   #2314
Jungle Jim
Graduate Poster
 
Jungle Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,048
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
here we are talking about atheists' human rights atrocities, with particular emphasis on reeducation designed to force atheism down the throats of the believers.

Disgusting
I agree with TBD. This is horrible. Why won't president Trump do something to stop these atrocities?
Jungle Jim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 06:17 PM   #2315
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,077
Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
I agree with TBD. This is horrible. Why won't president Trump do something to stop these atrocities?
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 06:24 PM   #2316
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
I agree with TBD. This is horrible. Why won't president Trump do something to stop these atrocities?
Literally discussed six months ago.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th March 2019 at 05:55 AM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 07:02 PM   #2317
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,635
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
You say this like you are surprised!
It doesn't matter, None of this matters.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 07:05 PM   #2318
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
It doesn't matter, None of this matters.
Did you really just say 1 million plus human beings in concentration camps “doesn’t matter.”

No words
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 07:44 PM   #2319
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,635
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Did you really just say 1 million plus human beings in concentration camps “doesn’t matter.”

No words
Yes, Exactly my words.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th March 2019 at 03:02 PM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 01:49 AM   #2320
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,643
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are you quoting Chinese government propaganda as if it was true?

How convenient.

Can you walk us through the process by which you determine which statements by the Chinese government are true, and which are false? Because right now, it looks like you make this decision solely based on whether it suits whatever agrument you happen to be making at the time.
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Wait. wait. First walk us through the process where you concluded that Xi exhorting his followers to crack down on the faithful is "Chinese propaganda"

I find that absolutely fascinating
I find your obvious dishonesty equally fascinating, especially as you are the one who believes that sinners go to hell.
No-one is disputing that the Chinese government is cracking down on non-state approved religions.
But you knew that.
No-one is disputing that the Chinese government is totalitarian, and an abuser of human rights.
But you knew that.
What is in dispute are the reasons for this crackdown.
But you knew that.
The Chinese government says it's because of atheism.
No-one except you believes that.
It is quite clear, because of the focus on non-state-approved religions, that the actual aim is an increase in control over possibly dissident parts of the Chinese populace.
But you knew that.

Am I walking slowly enough for you, TBD?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.