ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bible predictions , end of world predictions

Old 11th August 2018, 10:26 AM   #81
Cheetah
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Elwin Garland View Post
Daniel 7:23-25 :
"23 And after their reign, when iniquities shall be grown up, there shall arise a king of a shameless face, and understanding dark sentences.

24 And his power shall be strengthened, but not by his own force: and he shall lay all things waste, and shall prosper, and do more than can be believed. And he shall destroy the mighty, and the people of the saints,

25 According to his will, and craft shall be successful in his hand: and his heart shall be puffed up, and in the abundance of all things he shall kill many: and he shall rise up against the prince of princes, and shall be broken without hand."

OMG, it's Trump!
Old 11th August 2018, 10:35 AM   #82
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by Myles View Post
So what should we expect to happen 139 days from now?

The unsealing of the prophecy of Daniel isn't further prophecy, it is the interpretation of that prophecy, though Jesus teaches to expect to receive from Him those things for which you ask in prayer.

Many on-line prophecies are in the test balance during these final foretold days.
Elwin Garland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 10:52 AM   #83
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
You might want to tone down your threats to kill forum members a bit. That's a bit nasty. Filthy even.

It isn't a threat, nor a threat to kill.

It is a real ontological possibility.

I have been resurrected for nearly 63 years and have been dismembered, shot, stabbed, and a host of other little goodies, all of which serve as proof.

But this hasn't been so in effort for you to continue such assault, but to show the exact time of an expected end.

For those of you not familiar with the prophetic Book of Daniel and an expected end, there is a great video on the matter.

It is Paul Godfrey's "Daniel Unsealed : World History's Response to Biblical Prophecy", viewable at youtube and many other sites.

Last edited by Elwin Garland; 11th August 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Elwin Garland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 11:30 AM   #84
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Nonsense Snipped
Maybe you didn't understand me fully.

CHECK MATE

Said the robot gleefully as he went on his rampage.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 11:46 AM   #85
HighRiser
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Likewise, I wonder about someone who uses a front-end scoop tractor for his/her avatar.
It's a mini excavator. A really cute and cuddly one.

Quote:
The absolute definition of earth moving equipment belongs to our Manufacturers alone, but through JCB we are blessed with our Caterpillar's longing to share that absolute with us.

The best way to conceptualize which type of earth moving equipment one is looking at is to look at one who is tracked and one who is wheeled.

This basic concept is presented in the Manufacturer's story of man's basic need to move earth with as little hand-work as possible in the Cost Benefit Analysis concepts.

Although mans shape and form are complete, he doesn't become a ditch-digger until our Client breathes into his nostrils the breath of hard work; in essence his free will before being mechanized is hypothetical, dormant, only potential.
The moral of the story is that shovelling by hand is inferior to mechanization in every way.

Science is not hopelessly hobbled just because it knows the difference between fact and imagination. -JayUtah

Last edited by HighRiser; 11th August 2018 at 12:21 PM.
HighRiser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 12:20 PM   #86
Myles
Scholar

The unsealing of the prophecy of Daniel isn't further prophecy, it is the interpretation of that prophecy, though Jesus teaches to expect to receive from Him those things for which you ask in prayer.

Many on-line prophecies are in the test balance during these final foretold days.

And who gets to do this unsealing/interpretation thing and why must that person have to wait a specified number of days?
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 01:48 PM   #87
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

So when nothing happens should we stone you to death as the bible instructs?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 01:59 PM   #88
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by Myles View Post
And who gets to do this unsealing/interpretation thing and why must that person have to wait a specified number of days?

Excellent question given the information provided thus far in the thread.

To compound matters of post #78 about Daniel 7:23-25, we have Daniel 11:21, where direct contempt is foretold regarding that same kingship.

Bottom line, I would be the last to know, unless someone threw a wrench in the cog.

For that we go to the "70 weeks" prophecy of Daniel 9, where it was foretold that there would be a shortening, a Divine intervention.

Jesus spoke of that Divine intervention using the grammatical first person singular, saying that He would shorten the days for the sake of His Elect, those for whom He would atone at His sacrifice on Calvary.

One could call it luck, fate, a matter of perspective, Divine Providence, the grace and mercy of God, etc.

It is also interpretation of ancient prophecy, that seems to me to be the most humanly necessary and important definition / description of the ongoing unsealing of the prophecy of the Book of Daniel.

There is / was a blessing foretold for those who would wait and come unto the 1,335th day of Daniel 12:12, Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D.

But, it still seems to me that the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D. will come, no matter what.
Old 11th August 2018, 02:13 PM   #89
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Likewise, I wonder about someone who uses a front-end scoop tractor for his/her avatar.

Don't do that.
Even if you use the proper name for the equipment (and I'm hoping you did... I'm too afraid to ask), he will find you.
He will hunt you down, he will find you, and he will... give you a small construction company "business card" fridge magnet (probably in the shape of some piece of heavy equipment).
<shudder>
It's not worth the risk.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 02:22 PM   #90
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Excellent question given the information provided thus far in the thread.
Don't go soft on us now Mr. "I cut you mang."

Quote:
But, it still seems to me that the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D. will come, no matter what.
Damn... right in the middle of the holidays.
Why is it always right in the middle of the holidays?

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 11th August 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 04:05 PM   #91
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Study prophecy, you'll see that the skipping of bills for one person was done so by force by everyone else, including you.

Daniel 7:23-25 :

"23 And after their reign, when iniquities shall be grown up, there shall arise a king of a shameless face, and understanding dark sentences.

24 And his power shall be strengthened, but not by his own force: and he shall lay all things waste, and shall prosper, and do more than can be believed. And he shall destroy the mighty, and the people of the saints,

25 According to his will, and craft shall be successful in his hand: and his heart shall be puffed up, and in the abundance of all things he shall kill many: and he shall rise up against the prince of princes, and shall be broken without hand."

That one person is me, and in that regard of force taking into account your 6% of being pure, unadulterated filth, you might try asking yourself why, given your 94% complete cleanliness, you choose to continue in your filth.

Couldn't you take it all in and say to yourself : hey, the guys right, maybe I should call 9-1-1, maybe we would be better off after 139 days if we gave him some proper attention now?

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0, rule 2 and rule 12.
Do not insult other members, and especially do not threaten violence.
I use an excavator as an avatar because it is a picture of me in my excavator, a machine the use of which I enjoy. It's an easy avatar to spot in a thread, and I like Paulhoff's animation. Additional implications are up to the viewer. ETA....as to proper terminology, the machine is generally called a "mini excavator" or a "trackhoe." I digs big holes and moves a lot of dirt. I used it to dig a rather large pond, where for some years have enjoyed the chorus of frogs, and the beauty of nature.

I am not sure why my use of the word "believe" is considered by you to be "filthy abuse." I presume you believe what you say, and I don't think it unreasonable to ask whether this affects the way you behave.

I am loath to report a poster for lapses in politeness and threats, but presuming that your threat to kill me is in the nature of a prophecy and that you will not be slitting any throats after 139 days if the prophecy does not materialize, I will count its value as equal to that of your prophecy. But I would suggest that you take some care in how you threaten or insult other posters, as it's not considered very good style here.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by zooterkin; 13th August 2018 at 11:51 AM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 05:50 PM   #92
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I use an excavator as an avatar because it is a picture of me in my excavator, a machine the use of which I enjoy. It's an easy avatar to spot in a thread, and I like Paulhoff's animation. Additional implications are up to the viewer. ETA....as to proper terminology, the machine is generally called a "mini excavator" or a "trackhoe." I digs big holes and moves a lot of dirt. I used it to dig a rather large pond, where for some years have enjoyed the chorus of frogs, and the beauty of nature.

I am not sure why my use of the word "believe" is considered by you to be "filthy abuse." I presume you believe what you say, and I don't think it unreasonable to ask whether this affects the way you behave.

I am loath to report a poster for lapses in politeness and threats, but presuming that your threat to kill me is in the nature of a prophecy and that you will not be slitting any throats after 139 days if the prophecy does not materialize, I will count its value as equal to that of your prophecy. But I would suggest that you take some care in how you threaten or insult other posters, as it's not considered very good style here.

Enjoy nature? That isn't even funny.

It was already explained to you that it is not a threat, nor a threat to kill you, and neither in the nature of a prophecy.

But, as I said, you place yourself, your filthy machine, and your rant above all else because of your filthy pride.

Look on the bright side, however, in a few hours the count will be down to 138.

And after the three days of darkness it is supposed to be really nice.
Old 11th August 2018, 06:17 PM   #93
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Elwin, earlier in this thread, Agatha asked a question, which some others of us also hoped you would answer, but I have not seen the answer.

The question is a simple one: exactly what can we expect to happen on the day in question? Let us set aside other disagreements about veracity, terminology, character and whatnot, and concentrate on this one thing.

So I repeat the question: Just what is going to happen on that 2300th day? Other persons making predictions which I'm sure you agree were false and wicked have weaseled out of this, refusing to be specific in the first place, then making excuses for the failure of their prophesies either by saying that the event happened but was not noticed, or that the event, though correctly predicted, did not happen at the appointed time owing either to miscalculation or gracious intercession.

Can you distinguish yourself from those others by committing yourself to an honest answer?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by bruto; 11th August 2018 at 06:19 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 06:18 PM   #94
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

But, as I said, you place yourself, your filthy machine, and your rant above all else because of your filthy pride.
Ah well then... no fridge magnet for you.

Hey, BTW... can you throw in some "blinding" with that throat slitting (I understand interpreting these things is pretty much whatever you like)?
It feels like we've been promised a good blinding for years now and I think some of us are getting a little impatient.
Thanks ever, ta.

Old 11th August 2018, 06:33 PM   #95
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Enjoy nature? That isn't even funny.

It was already explained to you that it is not a threat, nor a threat to kill you, and neither in the nature of a prophecy.

Look on the bright side, however, in a few hours the count will be down to 138.

And after the three days of darkness it is supposed to be really nice.
Well aren't you just a presumptuous hussy, then!

"Filthy" as used is a subjective term that doesn't fit the nature of the verse you're quoting nor your idiosyncratic interpretation of same.

As is usual with "prophets" holding themselves about the rest, the shoehorning of ancient stories into current affairs requires and lot of squinting, liberal re-interpretation, a large lump of hubris, and a fully formed reflexive loop. Arbitrary numerology is optional, but this seems to have also been embraced with vicious glee, too. Happy are The Corn Gods....

I could find better predictions in an old Dick Tracy comic, and the pictures are a lot better, too.

Last edited by Kid Eager; 11th August 2018 at 06:43 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 06:55 PM   #96
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
If my arithmetic is correct, this is an apocalyptic prophecy for 28th December 2018.

Elwin Garland, would you like to expand on what is going to happen on that day, and why?

You're close, it actually is for the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D., less than 139 days hence.

When Jesus says "and then will come the end" (Matt. 24:14), it is to this date to which He refers.

There is no further prophetic reckoning of the four-digit numbers in the Book of Daniel after that day.
Old 11th August 2018, 07:01 PM   #97
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You're close, it actually is for the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D., less than 139 days hence.

When Jesus says "and then will come the end" (Matt. 24:14), it is to this date to which He refers.

There is no further prophetic reckoning of the four-digit numbers in the Book of Daniel after that day.
What is "it"? What exactly is going to happen? You don't know, do you?

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 07:03 PM   #98
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post

Hey, BTW... can you throw in some "blinding" with that throat slitting (I understand interpreting these things is pretty much whatever you like)?
It feels like we've been promised a good blinding for years now and I think some of us are getting a little impatient.
Thanks ever, ta.
Elwin wont get that reference.

Old 11th August 2018, 07:10 PM   #99
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Elwin wont get that reference.
"I didn't write it for him!"

(You and others will get it, and apologies to Tim Curry. )

Old 11th August 2018, 09:02 PM   #100
Elwin Garland
New Blood

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I'm mighty curious how people who really believe this stuff behave as it gets closer.

There is a quatrain about curiosity which I know quite well. Jesus says ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

The minimization to "this stuff" when it has been a unique experience, a lot of background to it at my website, at best it seems to me you're mildly frustrated yet amused at the notion.

It has been a real experience for me coming to the point to be able to interpret the four-digit numbers in the Book of Daniel, and it has not been all fun and games, yet I am expectant of the fulfillment given the preponderance of corroborating evidence.

The thing for which I find myself longing as the countdown reaches zero is much like the celebration for New Year's Day.

The specifics of interpreting how the 1,260, 1,290, 1,335, and the 2,300 day periods began was given to me prior to the actual starting date in 2012 A.D.

I had to deal with a lot of people at that time who no longer valued what Jesus said regarding asking and knocking.

Like your barrage of questions, they bang, not knock.

The fact remains that a 2,500+ year old prophecy, closed and sealed upon its being written, has now been opened and unsealed, giving us a window in time, a gateway into the future, so to speak, yet it is Jesus, Himself, Who is the "narrow gate".

I do find myself feeling more elated at the coming of the Day of the Lord, not withstanding the Biblical admonition against desiring it.

Sometimes it seems simple, but it is nested within all things that Our Creator does, and that I find amazing, indusive to imaginings of eternity and the eternal, infinite universe.

For 699 days beginning on the 58th day (in my local time zone at that time), I was incarcerated due to my conflict with the king of the south of Daniel 11:40.

I could not access my computer.

It wasn't until the counting was at ca. 850 that I began posting anything about the unsealing, the public unsealing being realized during active session of the Court of Common Pleas in the spring of 2013 A.D.

My prayer is for an extravaganza to welcome Jesus in His returning to us; it is within our power, and as such, is something we should do.

Last edited by Elwin Garland; 11th August 2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11th August 2018, 09:18 PM   #101
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/D4RZkQpu0bQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Triple Checkmate

Said the robot gleefully as he went on his rampage.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 09:26 PM   #102
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
What is "it"? What exactly is going to happen?
Three days of darkness followed by the second coming, apparently.

And it will actually be just another day, like every other one of the hundreds of other days for which this has been predicted by arrogant and deluded people.
Old 11th August 2018, 09:29 PM   #103
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Scene: Having accidentally set ablaze the warehouse holding Burt Gummer's "deuce and a half" full of explosives,, our gang (Gummer, Remo Williams, Original Supergirl & New Idiot Sidekick) is running for cover

Burt: No, go further... it's gonna be big.
Further, further... it's gonna be BIG.
Keep going... IT'S GONNA BE BIG!
Sidekick: Is it gonna be TODAY?

Old 11th August 2018, 10:44 PM   #104
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

For 699 days beginning on the 58th day (in my local time zone at that time), I was incarcerated due to my conflict with the king of the south of Daniel 11:40.

I could not access my computer.
Ah, well. At least you could remain in the strong, comforting arms of your savior Jesus amirite? You had a masculine shoulder to cry on and when your heart yearned for more, He was always there talking about his neverending love for you.

And, perhaps soon, you can rejoin Him! Won't that be a treat!
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 12:13 AM   #105
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post

And it will actually be just another day, like every other one of the hundreds of other days for which this has been predicted by arrogant and deluded people.
Well, if you look in the northern hemisphere, if you are willing to stretch things a bit (and prophets always are) he is sort of right.

29/30/31 dec are in winter so the days are *mostly* dark and there is a good chance of them being overcast so even darker.
And at the end of those three days most of us will see lots of explosions of light in the night sky (or even set them off ourselves in some countries).
And many cats and dogs will howl and cower in fear.
And a large part of humanity will be feeling quite delicate the next day.

Of course, it's not *much* of a prophecy, but one quite likely to come true. In fact, I predict a similar thing will happen a year later too.
Lukraak_Sisser is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 01:02 AM   #106
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Scene: Having accidentally set ablaze the warehouse holding Burt Gummer's "deuce and a half" full of explosives,, our gang (Gummer, Remo Williams, Original Supergirl & New Idiot Sidekick) is running for cover

Burt: No, go further... it's gonna be big.
Further, further... it's gonna be BIG.
Keep going... IT'S GONNA BE BIG!
Sidekick: Is it gonna be TODAY?

That was Helen Shaver not Helen Slater

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 01:34 AM   #107
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
That was Helen Shaver not Helen Slater
So right and thank you... I am abashed.

Old 12th August 2018, 01:43 AM   #108
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Elwin is awfully shy about specifics.

Old 12th August 2018, 09:38 AM   #109
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

So right and thank you... I am abashed.

I watched it again about a week ago (also a bit abashed to be honest! )

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 11:05 AM   #110
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
I watched it again about a week ago (also a bit abashed to be honest! )
I just gave away my 1-4 Attack Pack DVD three days ago, hadn't watched in quite a while (and the fellow RVers were watching Hitman about every day... they needed new discs )

It came to mind because of the large number of these prophesies, which you know... fail to materialize. Seemed perfectly appropriate.

Old 12th August 2018, 01:41 PM   #111
Thor 2
Illuminator

There is a quatrain about curiosity which I know quite well. Jesus says ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

My prayer is for an extravaganza to welcome Jesus in His returning to us; it is within our power, and as such, is something we should do.

Just tell us were to send the money for you to put on this extravaganza of a welcome. This is what you are leading up to isn't it?
Old 12th August 2018, 01:55 PM   #112
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo

Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
If my arithmetic is correct, this is an apocalyptic prophecy for 28th December 2018.

Elwin Garland, would you like to expand on what is going to happen on that day, and why?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_...king_countries
Old 12th August 2018, 02:00 PM   #113
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo

Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
It isn't a threat, nor a threat to kill.

It is a real ontological possibility.

It's an ontic travesty, I'd say.
Old 12th August 2018, 02:26 PM   #114
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
It's an ontic travesty, I'd say.
What’s anti gravity got to do with it?
Old 12th August 2018, 11:18 PM   #115
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Thanks ever, ta.
Don't forget the roaring and tossing. We were also promised that.

Elwin Garland: How about it? I was really looking forward to the roaring and tossing. Will we get it in time for Christmas?
Old 12th August 2018, 11:24 PM   #116
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Don't forget the roaring and tossing. We were also promised that.

Elwin Garland: How about it? I was really looking forward to the roaring and tossing. Will we get it in time for Christmas?
I've got mixed feelings on this one - it would depend on who's the tosser and who's the tossee.

Roaring is a must-have, though. Gotta roar. (what, you've never heard of the Speckled Christmas Filthy Roaring Crab?)

Last edited by Kid Eager; 13th August 2018 at 01:03 AM. Reason: needed moar fontage!
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 11:30 PM   #117
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Threatening to slit the throat of a forum member is an instabanning offence, which is a shame because I'd kind of like to see Elwin on 30th December 2019.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:32 PM   #118
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

What kind of cake would Jesus like me to bake?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 11:44 PM   #119
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Threatening to slit the throat of a forum member is an instabanning offence, which is a shame because I'd kind of like to see Elwin on 30th December 2019.
I assume you mean 2018 and yes, I too hope he escapes the banhammer until then though it's not looking good. OTOH it's unlikely he'll return to the forum after being proved wrong anyway, and if he does it will just be to produce the usual lame excuses.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:59 PM   #120
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I assume you mean 2018 and yes, I too hope he escapes the banhammer until then though it's not looking good. OTOH it's unlikely he'll return to the forum after being proved wrong anyway, and if he does it will just be to produce the usual lame excuses.
2018, yes. And yes. If other apocalypse-predicters are anything to go by (we've had a few over the years) then they'll just disappear when their prediction fails to come true as they always fail to come true.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy