ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:38 AM   #441
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I voted for none of the above, so no, I'm not getting that.
Got it you didn't vote so none of this is your responsibility. Did you actually think the candidate you voted for would be a good president or was it just total apathy about who would win? And your continued apathy will be appreciated.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 01:33 PM   #442
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I voted for none of the above, so no, I'm not getting that.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
- Rush, Freewill

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 03:53 PM   #443
Marcus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Got it you didn't vote so none of this is your responsibility. Did you actually think the candidate you voted for would be a good president or was it just total apathy about who would win? And your continued apathy will be appreciated.
There were no good candidates, so I didn't vote for any of them. And no, I don't feel guilty about it. If the democrats want my vote they should put up a better candidate.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 05:35 PM   #444
logger
Philosopher

Maybe she can learn to fish, and work on that southern accent, that was atrocious.
Doubt it, she's a lib, she'll need another to steal the fish for her.
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 06:20 PM   #445
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

There were no good candidates, so I didn't vote for any of them. And no, I don't feel guilty about it. If the democrats want my vote they should put up a better candidate.
Would it kill you to vote against something? If not, how much worse than Trump would they have to be?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 10:11 PM   #446
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Would it kill you to vote against something? If not, how much worse than Trump would they have to be?
This is it, I have usually voted against candidates rather than through enthusiasm for a particular one.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 03:21 AM   #447
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

At least there is nothing you can complain about with trump.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 10:13 AM   #448
Marcus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I would have voted for Bernie, as a way of voting against Trump. Anyway my state (Texas) was going for Trump no matter what, even though my city (Austin) always votes Dem.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 10:50 AM   #449
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I would have voted for Bernie, as a way of voting against Trump. Anyway my state (Texas) was going for Trump no matter what, even though my city (Austin) always votes Dem.
And someone who votes with him 95% of the time is simply evil. It is 100% or nothing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics