ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ghosts

Old 18th August 2016, 02:07 PM   #1
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Ghost video contest

I was viewing some of the ghost video threads here and I thought, "What the heck."

Here are the rules:

Voting: Members of the ISF should look at the videos and decide which they think would:
  • Be most compelling proof of ghosts.
  • The hardest to debunk.
  • Or just the best hoax of the batch.

Contestants:
  • The video can not be edited or Photo Shopped (save editing out the start or end of the video).
  • In camera tricks are allowed.
  • The video MUST be made by the person posting the video.
  • The videos will be voted on by the members here, in thread, since I can not put up a poll before hand.
  • The winner of the best video will get $100.00 US.
  • The second place winner will get $50.00 US.
  • The third place winner will get $25.00 US.
  • All winners must post the fact that they have indeed been paid by me for their winning videos, after they have been paid, obviously.
  • The contest starts at 12:00am August 19th, 2016 (UTC -7) and ends at 12:00am September 19th, 2016 (UTC -7). Any submissions after the end time/date will be fun to look at but will not qualify for the contest.

Yes, I will pay out $175.00 US for this contest, I think it would be fun.

Does anyone think I missed out on something important in the rules?

ETA: If this should go into another topic, mods feel free to move this.

Last edited by Drs_Res; 18th August 2016 at 02:08 PM.
Drs_Res is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2016, 05:45 PM   #2
Jodie
Philosopher

This sounds like fun! I think you should extend the contest until October 31st.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2016, 05:24 AM   #3
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Cool idea too bad I am no good at these things.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Jodie
Philosopher

I've been giving it some thought. It will depend on what I can feasibly do with my old VHS recorder. I think the thing has night vision on it if I remember correctly.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
This sounds like fun! I think you should extend the contest until October 31st.
We will see how much interest there is. If there is enough, and people need more time due to RL, I would consider that as an option.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:25 PM   #6
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
Cool idea too bad I am no good at these things.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
You know, if you are the only person to enter the contest you would win first place by default... Just saying.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:28 PM   #7
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I've been giving it some thought. It will depend on what I can feasibly do with my old VHS recorder. I think the thing has night vision on it if I remember correctly.
Give it shot, can't hurt.

I may even make something if time permits, but my video, should I have time to make one, would not go into the contest for obvious reasons, it would just be for the heck of it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal