ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 truth movement , ae911truth

Old 14th August 2019, 12:59 PM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

18th Anniversary: No Truth events planned?

The 18th anniversary of 9/11 is only 4 weeks away, and as every year, we see a frenzy of preparatory activity to bring thousands of activists to the street all over the country.

The above is a lie.

The AE911Truth event calendar lists absolutely no activity at all in all of September 2019. Also, their recent newsletters have nothing on the anniversary.

The 9/11 Truth Project's calendar has two "events":
  1. The "15th Annual 9/11 Truth Film Festival" in Oakland, CA, hosted by the "Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance", seems real as it features videos by James Corbett, John Massaria (about the 9/11 Museum accepting a piece of Truther art) and the David Chandler/Wayne Coste "Conference on the 9/11 Pentagon Evidence: Summary".
  2. A generic "18th Anniversary Remembrance and Activism for 9/11" placeholder - which features no specific time or place or activity at all, but rather a "Save the date" token, calling desperately that "You are needed to makr this happen", for 911TAP sure isn't. They ask you to "Subscribe to our newsletter to hear about upcoming activities", but the latest newsletter (which I received in my mail 3 days ago) simply does not contain any action.

I see nothing on 9/11 Blogger, nothing on Craig McKee's Truth and Shadows blog, I have noticed nothing on the various 9/11-Truth-themed Facebook groups that I frequent.

There are low-level, and not even fresh, rumors that Leroy Hulsey may have something ready for the anniversary, but there is no official talk about, which I guess means low confidence that he will have results.

So please, all, help:
What is going to happen on 9/11 this year? Nothing? They seem to be not even trying.
Old 14th August 2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The Truth Movement was always made up of two main components: young men and aging hippies. The young men have grown up; some may even have moved out of mom's basement. So the aging hippies may be all that's left.

I would imagine the Pearl Harbor Truth Movement was similarly moribund about 1959.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 03:30 PM   #3
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The Truth Movement was always made up of two main components: young men and aging hippies. The young men have grown up; some may even have moved out of mom's basement. So the aging hippies may be all that's left.

I would imagine the Pearl Harbor Truth Movement was similarly moribund about 1959.
Yes, and the aging hippies are dying off.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 04:01 PM   #4
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I guess too many of their supporters realized the truth and stopped being their supporters. Very poor holding an event when not many people turn up.
Old 14th August 2019, 11:52 PM   #5
Redwood
Graduate Poster

The turnout last year was so pathetic that few Truther sites shared photos of the events.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 12:22 AM   #6
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I guess too many of their supporters realized the truth and stopped being their supporters. Very poor holding an event when not many people turn up.
Yes. And that is the "big picture" explanation also. In the "early days" of on-line forum discussion - which for me was 2006-7 - there were quite a few serious honest and rational persons who were concerned about the 9/11 events. And most focussed on the technical issues with WTC Twin Towers collapses as the main area of interest.

Those persons have lost interest and departed. Most probably because their concerns were resolved.

Remember also that it was before the extreme polarisation into "Two Sides" which developed from about that same time. And the "truther" name was originally an honourable self chosen title. (IIRC "Debunker" also came from the truther side and was pejorative... I may be wrong with that memory. Certainly I recall the spoonerism "beedunker" posted here by the troll of the day ... was it "ergo"???. Whatever several members enjoyed the joke and to this day have the bee motif in their avatar. Ooops excuse the derailing rant. Back to my theme.)

So will all the rational "truthers" leaving we only have the remnant - mostly deeply locked in obsession.

PLUS - they have a harder time because they are arguing for what is false and these days all the answers are well known,

And that "loss of interest" process in the microcosm of this forum >>> other forums >>> is paralleled in the world at large "out there"... The sun is setting slowly asymptotic to zero. Never quite getting there. Most forums are dead. We often go several days without a new post in this 9/11 sub-forum.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 03:37 AM   #7
JSanderO
Master Poster

The hard core remain invested because they are making money or in it for the ego/attention. There are probably low hanging fruit... I mean hangers on... who simply don't have the technical background to see through the truther false claims. They're lazy thinks and the anti establishment line appeals to their politics. But trutherism has really not "caught on" and shown growth.... it's been withering since the beginning.

There remains on over arching truth.... the establishment... media, USG, corps are continuing to spin and prevaricate to advance their agenda. Media is driven by profit, as much as Boeing is... and we've seen how they pushed a flawed jet on the world recently.

One can also observe how easily people fall for frauds... witness the support for Trump... who is also spouting conspiracy theories... These low level non thinkers simply move from one conspiracy theory to the next because they believe everything the media reports is a lie.

Forums don't change many minds because most of those who are into conspiracies are incapable of critical thinking and avoid situations which demand it. The technical discussions were and are interesting because the collapses require more than intuition to understand.

Dumb is on the ascent! YIKES!

Last edited by JSanderO; 15th August 2019 at 04:22 AM.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:17 AM   #8
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The hard core remain invested because they are making money or in it for the ego/attention. There are probably low hanging fruit... I mean hangers on... who simply don't have the technical background to see through the truther false claims. They're lazy thinks and the anti establishment line appeals to their politics. But trutherism has really not "caught on" and shown growth.... it's been withering since the beginning.

There remains on over arching truth.... the establishment... media, USG, corps are continuing to spin and prevaricate to advance their agenda. Media is driven by profit, as much as Boeing is... and we've seen how they pushed a flawed jet on the world recently.

One can also observe how easily people fall for frauds... witness the support for Trump... who is also spouting conspiracy theories... These low level non thinkers simply move from one conspiracy theory to the next because they believe everything the media reports is a lie.

Forums don't change many minds because most of those who are into conspiracies are incapable of critical thinking and avoid situations which demand it. The technical discussions were and are interesting because the collapses require more than intuition to understand.

Dumb is on the ascent! YIKES!

Take thou thy arms and come with me, for we must quit ourselves as men,
and strive to aid our cause although we be but two.
Great is the strength of feeble arms combined,
and we can combat even with the brave - Homer 1000 BC

The world is laughing at America's cowards and justifiably so.
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:33 AM   #9
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
And as long as they keep on spouting conspiracist nonsense, it'll keep on laughing.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:32 PM   #10
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
The "15th Annual 9/11 Truth Film Festival" in Oakland, CA, "
Wait.

They've been running that for 14 years and this is the first I'm hearing of it? When I'm in Oakland frequently? And I live 10 miles away from it? And I hear about it from a guy... in Germany?

Way to spread the truth Oystein. You should charge them a consulting fee.

The better you get, the harder you work.

Last edited by AJM8125; 15th August 2019 at 08:12 PM.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 08:43 PM   #11
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post

Got a source for this? Got a list of the cowards? Any facts? No
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 03:31 PM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Wait.

They've been running that for 14 years and this is the first I'm hearing of it? When I'm in Oakland frequently? And I live 10 miles away from it? And I hear about it from a guy... in Germany?

Don't let the Big Boss read that you aren't on the job as you ought to!
Old 16th August 2019, 09:58 PM   #13
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Wait.

You are not the only one who knows nothing about it. Go to the theater's website and you will find nothing about it either. http://www.renaissancerialto.com/index.php

Keep an eye out for updates on that website.
Old 17th August 2019, 06:26 AM   #14
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
"Film Festival" = "Guy shows some YouTube videos on his tablet," perhaps?
Old 17th August 2019, 08:18 AM   #15
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Wait.

They've been running that for 14 years and this is the first I'm hearing of it? ...
Here is an old page on what I guess was the first such Oakland film festival:
http://www.communitycurrency.org/9-11oakland.html

Was already, as today, hosted by Bonnie Faulkner. Look at all the other familiar names: Ken Jenkins, Cynthia McKinney, Barrie Zwicker, Daniel Hopsicker, Carol Brouillet, David Ray Griffin of course, Mike Ruppert, Michel Chossudovsky, Jim Hoffman...
Old 17th August 2019, 08:19 AM   #16
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
"Film Festival" = "Guy shows some YouTube videos on his tablet," perhaps?
If they get the Main Auditorium, they can play scary music to accompany the eery coincidences in their YouTubes - they have a Mighty Wurlitzer Organ there
Old 17th August 2019, 08:43 AM   #17
dann
Philosopher

I assume they are all busy searching the archives for footage that proves that Trump was a (much too modest!) first responder!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2019, 01:57 AM   #18
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

With access to a plethora of debunking material just a few clicks away its no wonder the truth movement has become practically extinct. Those left behind are too lazy to google search let along make the effort to do something publicly..
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories