ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Reply
Old 7th July 2019, 10:28 AM   #681
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 5,716
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Funny he didn't get all those big results very fast while he still had a majority in Congress ...

Hans
Tweet from Bernie Sanders:

That's a lie.

- There were 96 price increases for every cut during 2018
- Drug prices increased 10.5% in the last 6 months
- The prices of 104 drugs rose by 13.1% on average last week

When we win, we won't wait for drug companies to end their greed. We will end it for them.”
__________________
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that...I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” - President Donald J. Trump, January 20, 2017.
"And it's, frankly, disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write. And people should look into it." - President Donald J. Trump, October 11, 2017.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 11:32 AM   #682
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,562
Trump Tweets

Sleepy Joe Biden just admitted he worked with segregationists and separately, has already been very plain about the fact that he will be substantially raising everyone’s taxes if he becomes president. Ridiculously, all Democrats want to substantially raise taxes!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 11:49 AM   #683
lomiller
Philosopher
 
lomiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,885
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Sleepy Joe Biden just admitted he worked with segregationists and separately, has already been very plain about the fact that he will be substantially raising everyone’s taxes if he becomes president. Ridiculously, all Democrats want to substantially raise taxes!
I'll never understand why Republicans are so against paying their own way. They want increased spending on all the most expensive government programs (Defense, Social Security and Medicaid) yet think they should have it for free. It's always someone else who is supposed to pay for everything for them and they get their underwear in a bunch at the mere suggestion they should have to pay to get the things they want.
__________________
"Anything's possible, but only a few things actually happen"
lomiller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 11:55 AM   #684
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,757
I bet Trump is really pissed right now. He has already extended an invitation to the WNT whether they won the World Cup or not. And we can be pretty sure that they are going to refuse and visit Capitol Hill instead. Not to mention that Megan Rapinoe won the Golden Boot award.
__________________
Try
Science, not superstition.
Reason, not revelation.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 12:04 PM   #685
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.
 
Ladewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 26,581
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Newsstands could be evil press false news, or at least dismissed as such. A report from an ambassador is a professional assessment.
Surely, somewhere in the White House, President Trump is screaming “fake dispatch.”
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Doghouse Reilly.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 12:10 PM   #686
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.
 
Ladewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 26,581
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I bet Trump is really pissed right now. He has already extended an invitation to the WNT whether they won the World Cup or not. And we can be pretty sure that they are going to refuse and visit Capitol Hill instead. Not to mention that Megan Rapinoe won the Golden Boot award.
I suspect he is ordering his lackeys to come up with an at least partially-believable way of saying “I didn’t want them anyway because they are unpatriotic.”

How weird it must be to work for this administration. “Go make up a reason we can add the citizenship question to the census form and then call the judge and say ‘OK, I know we already claimed to give you the real reason we wanted to add it, but we just remembered the real real reason.’”
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Doghouse Reilly.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 12:12 PM   #687
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 17,156
Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I suspect he is ordering his lackeys to come up with an at least partially-believable way of saying “I didn’t want them anyway because they are unpatriotic.”

How weird it must be to work for this administration. “Go make up a reason we can add the citizenship question to the census form and then call the judge and say ‘OK, I know we already claimed to give you the real reason we wanted to add it, but we just remembered the real real reason.’”
Something I'm not sure about the legal case.....does the APA apply to executive orders?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 12:29 PM   #688
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Aren't they the same nationality as Steele? Say no more.
Yes. They're also the same nationality as The Beatles, Sir Isaac Newton, Nigel Farage and the guy who drinks a pint down at the local pub after work. What's your point?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:14 PM   #689
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 74,999
Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I suspect he is ordering his lackeys to come up with an at least partially-believable way of saying “I didn’t want them anyway because they are unpatriotic.”

How weird it must be to work for this administration. “Go make up a reason we can add the citizenship question to the census form and then call the judge and say ‘OK, I know we already claimed to give you the real reason we wanted to add it, but we just remembered the real real reason.’”
Sadly, it sounds like Roberts was coaching them to do just that.
__________________
That new avatar is cuteness overload.
Restore checks and balances no matter your party affiliation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:14 PM   #690
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,757
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Yes. They're also the same nationality as The Beatles, Sir Isaac Newton, Nigel Farage and the guy who drinks a pint down at the local pub after work. What's your point?
I thought the Beatles were French?
__________________
Try
Science, not superstition.
Reason, not revelation.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:39 PM   #691
Paul2
Philosopher
 
Paul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,302
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I thought the Beatles were French?
Le Beatles, to you.
__________________
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:42 PM   #692
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
Le Beatles, to you.
That would be les Beatles.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:43 PM   #693
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I thought the Beatles were French?
Yep...they started the French Invasion back in 1964.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 01:57 PM   #694
Paul2
Philosopher
 
Paul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,302
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That would be les Beatles.
Ugh. [Get it right, Paul2!]
__________________
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 02:16 PM   #695
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,757
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Yep...they started the French Invasion back in 1964.
I am fairly sure that Liverpool is just outside of Lyon.
__________________
Try
Science, not superstition.
Reason, not revelation.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 02:34 PM   #696
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,831
Aidez-moi! J'ai besoin de quelqu'un! Aidez-moi! Pas seulement quelqu'un!
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 03:27 PM   #697
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36,745
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
But that makes it an official assessment, it's a matter of government record.
What's the diplomatic advantage in making this a matter of record? Especially non-public record?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:14 PM   #698
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,562
Trump Tweets

Congratulations to the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team on winning the World Cup! Great and exciting play. America is proud of you all!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:18 PM   #699
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,562
Trump Retweeted

Hogan Gidley
‏Verified account
@hogangidley45

The Democrats hate @realDonaldTrump so much, they lied about “collusion,” lied about a “cover-up,” lied about the “crisis at the southern border,” and then lied about the “motives” of a man who wanted to celebrate the greatest idea ever realized...America. #SaluteToAmerica
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:21 PM   #700
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 20,155
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I bet Trump is really pissed right now. He has already extended an invitation to the WNT whether they won the World Cup or not. And we can be pretty sure that they are going to refuse and visit Capitol Hill instead. Not to mention that Megan Rapinoe won the Golden Boot award.
What are the chances of Megan Rapinoe getting a Presidential Medal of Freedom?
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:30 PM   #701
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,609
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
What are the chances of Megan Rapinoe getting a Presidential Medal of Freedom?

Pffffftt...right?! When pigs fly in aircraft one!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:48 PM   #702
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,813
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
What's the diplomatic advantage in making this a matter of record? Especially non-public record?
What? You have no idea how diplomats operate? OK then.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 04:48 PM   #703
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Aidez-moi! J'ai besoin de quelqu'un! Aidez-moi! Pas seulement quelqu'un!
Now, THAT was funny.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 05:07 PM   #704
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,562
Trump Tweeted

Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams (remember when he totally fabricated a War Story trying to make himself into a hero, & got fired. A very dishonest journalist!) and the crew of degenerate......

.....Comcast (NBC/MSNBC) Trump haters, who do whatever Brian & Steve tell them to do. Like CNN, NBC is also way down in the ratings. But @FoxNews, who failed in getting the very BORING Dem debates, is now loading up with Democrats & even using Fake unsourced @nytimes as....

..a “source” of information (ask the Times what they paid for the Boston Globe, & what they sold it for (lost 1.5 Billion Dollars), or their old headquarters building disaster, or their unfunded liability? @FoxNews is changing fast, but they forgot the people who got them there!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 05:38 PM   #705
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweeted

Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams (remember when he totally fabricated a War Story trying to make himself into a hero, & got fired. A very dishonest journalist!) and the crew of degenerate......

.....Comcast (NBC/MSNBC) Trump haters, who do whatever Brian & Steve tell them to do. Like CNN, NBC is also way down in the ratings. But @FoxNews, who failed in getting the very BORING Dem debates, is now loading up with Democrats & even using Fake unsourced @nytimes as....

..a “source” of information (ask the Times what they paid for the Boston Globe, & what they sold it for (lost 1.5 Billion Dollars), or their old headquarters building disaster, or their unfunded liability? @FoxNews is changing fast, but they forgot the people who got them there!
Waaaaaaaah! The Trump baby blimp is more accurate than ever.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 05:41 PM   #706
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,511
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweeted

Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams (remember when he totally fabricated a War Story trying to make himself into a hero, & got fired. A very dishonest journalist!) and the crew of degenerate......

.....Comcast (NBC/MSNBC) Trump haters, who do whatever Brian & Steve tell them to do. Like CNN, NBC is also way down in the ratings. But @FoxNews, who failed in getting the very BORING Dem debates, is now loading up with Democrats & even using Fake unsourced @nytimes as....

..a “source” of information (ask the Times what they paid for the Boston Globe, & what they sold it for (lost 1.5 Billion Dollars), or their old headquarters building disaster, or their unfunded liability? @FoxNews is changing fast, but they forgot the people who got them there!
It's so wonderful how much Trump is suffering here. Trump's pain is medicine for the nation. I only wish he'd suffer more.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 05:59 PM   #707
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 22,176
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Pffffftt...right?! When pigs fly in aircraft one!
There's been one flying in it since January 2017.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 06:11 PM   #708
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,757
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
There's been one flying in it since January 2017.
That's insulting.

To pigs.
__________________
Try
Science, not superstition.
Reason, not revelation.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 06:26 PM   #709
Cabbage
Graduate Poster
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,349
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweeted

Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams (remember when he totally fabricated a War Story trying to make himself into a hero, & got fired. A very dishonest journalist!) and the crew of degenerate......

.....Comcast (NBC/MSNBC) Trump haters, who do whatever Brian & Steve tell them to do. Like CNN, NBC is also way down in the ratings. But @FoxNews, who failed in getting the very BORING Dem debates, is now loading up with Democrats & even using Fake unsourced @nytimes as....

..a “source” of information (ask the Times what they paid for the Boston Globe, & what they sold it for (lost 1.5 Billion Dollars), or their old headquarters building disaster, or their unfunded liability? @FoxNews is changing fast, but they forgot the people who got them there!
I wonder if this was inspired by this particular incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjwPZ7Uqdk

(A Fox reporter broadcasting from a bar in Lyon after the Women's World Cup win has the whole bar shouting "******* Trump" behind him. Then he talks to one individual about the game who starts talking about getting that racist out of the White House).

Last edited by Cabbage; 7th July 2019 at 06:29 PM.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 07:20 PM   #710
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
I wonder if this was inspired by this particular incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjwPZ7Uqdk

(A Fox reporter broadcasting from a bar in Lyon after the Women's World Cup win has the whole bar shouting "******* Trump" behind him. Then he talks to one individual about the game who starts talking about getting that racist out of the White House).
That was hysterical. The next video up was Lara Trump (Eric's wife) claiming that Angela Merkel's allowing ME refugees in led to the "downfall of Germany". This just proves that you don't have to be born a Trump to be an idiot.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 7th July 2019 at 07:24 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 07:29 PM   #711
foophil
Graduate Poster
 
foophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,222
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
The brits are just angry because they couldn't take JFK airport in 1776....
Bravo.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 07:32 PM   #712
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.
 
Ladewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 26,581
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
The brits are just angry because they couldn't take JFK airport in 1776....
Well, they should have allowed more time for traffic.
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Doghouse Reilly.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 08:09 PM   #713
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 30,126
I hope Trump gets Fox News so annoyed that the network turns on him.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 08:23 PM   #714
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 20,155
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I hope Trump gets Fox News so annoyed that the network turns on him.
Or at least, they consistently report the real news.
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 08:24 PM   #715
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,757
Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Well, they should have allowed more time for traffic.
Yeah, it can be murder on the Grand Central Parkway at rush hour.
__________________
Try
Science, not superstition.
Reason, not revelation.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 10:16 PM   #716
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 30,126
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Or at least, they consistently report the real news.
Same thing
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 10:40 PM   #717
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,261
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Or at least, they consistently report the real news.
...Nice one. Not happening, though. Even their "real news" section tends to push Republican propaganda lies every day and tends to suffer from some notable bias. That it's still overwhelmingly more honest and generally better than the "opinion" side of things is no real excuse. Fox News is a partisan outlet through and through. That it may not always suck up to Trump, specifically, doesn't and wouldn't make it less partisan.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 10:54 PM   #718
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.
 
Ladewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 26,581
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Yeah, it can be murder on the Grand Central Parkway at rush hour.
But speaking of airports....

Which battle was President Trump referencing when he said the US Army seized the airports?
__________________
I lost an avatar bet to Doghouse Reilly.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 10:58 PM   #719
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness
 
Silly Green Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,702
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
That it's still overwhelmingly more honest and generally better than the "opinion" side of things
Is it?
__________________
Normal is just a stereotype.
Silly Green Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 11:46 PM   #720
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,244
Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
But speaking of airports....

Which battle was President Trump referencing when he said the US Army seized the airports?
The Battle of White Planes, New York.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.