ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Reply
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:08 AM   #721
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 5,117
As far as I gather, this piece of news is even less than what is usually claimed by the afterlife crowd: people that seem dead may actually exhibit brain waves for longer than expected. So there is no afterlife here, and no telepathy. Dying just takes longer.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:57 AM   #722
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,661
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Why can't these people understand the word 'near'? Watching that I couldn't believe a medical doctor was coming out with some of it.
It's truly baffling.
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 04:13 PM   #723
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 23,863
Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
As far as I gather, this piece of news is even less than what is usually claimed by the afterlife crowd: people that seem dead may actually exhibit brain waves for longer than expected. So there is no afterlife here, and no telepathy. Dying just takes longer.

Jabba attempted to rely on a study of brainwaves in those who had been near death. Strangely, the authors actually say that they found nothing even vaguely paranormal about any of it. It's pretty lousy evidence in that it isn't evidence.
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 03:18 AM   #724
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
As far as I gather, this piece of news is even less than what is usually claimed by the afterlife crowd: people that seem dead may actually exhibit brain waves for longer than expected. So there is no afterlife here, and no telepathy. Dying just takes longer.
Experts disagree...
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 03:21 AM   #725
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Apparently if you assert that the heart stopping means that brain death has occurred then the fact that people have been revived means that the afterlife is real and full of telepathic unicorns, or something like that..
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqNe-U53wA&t=6897s

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th October 2017 at 05:44 AM.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 03:30 AM   #726
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,879
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Experts disagree...
Umm, no.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 04:41 AM   #727
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,834
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Experts disagree...
Citation please.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 04:43 AM   #728
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,834
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqNe-U53wA&t=6897s
More YouTube videos.
Great.
Please summarise the evidence and/or arguments you found convincing in this clip, as you know this is SOP on this forum.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th October 2017 at 05:45 AM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 05:02 AM   #729
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12



Claims
Evasion
YouTube links
Insults

Nothing of value here.

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th October 2017 at 05:45 AM.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 05:11 AM   #730
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,124
YouTubes, it appears, on a different than the thread topic, which is, as you may recall, Telepathy.

KotA said in the OP, 730 posts ago, he had seen films and studies with evidence for Telepath. I believe he has yet to provide citations.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 07:18 AM   #731
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Citation please.
I posted a video of a UVA conference, and our nations' leading experts' comment on the subject!
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 07:19 AM   #732
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post


Claims
Evasion
YouTube links
Insults

Nothing of value here.
Ignorance is a vice.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 07:20 AM   #733
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
YouTubes, it appears, on a different than the thread topic, which is, as you may recall, Telepathy.

KotA said in the OP, 730 posts ago, he had seen films and studies with evidence for Telepath. I believe he has yet to provide citations.
I think that video I just posted 'may' be the original video to spawn this thread!
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 07:21 AM   #734
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,830
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
I posted a video of a UVA conference, and our nations' leading experts' comment on the subject! big fat nothing.
FTFY.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 09:09 AM   #735
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,283
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Experts disagree...
And... no.
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 09:50 AM   #736
TheSapient
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
I posted a video of a UVA conference, and our nations' leading experts' comment on the subject!
I watched a few minutes of that video. It was just some guy saying Magic A is real, Magic B is real, Magic C is real. Where is the actual evidence of telepathy?

And what makes this small group "our nations' leading experts'? I looked them up and visited their website. They have a small number of publications, and the few I checked are just not referenced by the scientific community. It is just a handful of true believers telling each other they are right to believe.

Remember your excuse for backing out of any testing? You say that if there was any hard evidence of telepathy, there would be significant consequences for anyone who could demonstrate the ability. And you are right, in a way. If "nations' leading experts" thought that telepathy was real, it would be a major subject of investigation, both in academia and in industry. Telepaths would be a critical component of the military. Telepaths'R'Us would have a branch in every city.

Instead, you have a video of maybe 2 dozen people in a small classroom. I don't know if you've gotten to a point in your life where you have some expertise, but I can tell you that when you do, this is not what a conference of experts is like. You would never have the nation's leading dermatologists sitting in a room for 2 hours for the topic of "Is skin real?" You would not have slides with bullet points like "Skin is for touching" and "More skin less blood".

And, I have to point out that this conference is not even about the right kind of magic. You are claiming telepathy. This video was about life after death.
TheSapient is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 04:19 PM   #737
dann
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,460

Well, at least he claims to know that
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Ignorance is a vice.
If only he knew what constitutes ignorance as well as knowledge
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 04:21 PM   #738
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
Originally Posted by dann View Post

Well, at least he claims to know that
If only he knew what constitutes ignorance as well as knowledge
Yeah, I'd have responded myself if I wasn't so busy digging bits of irony detector out of the drywall.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 03:07 AM   #739
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,661
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Yeah, I'd have responded myself if I wasn't so busy digging bits of irony detector out of the drywall.
You know, now you mention it: Irony Detectors are a real hidden cost of this Skeptic lark. I've a basement full of the broken buggers. Can't afford a new one. Am thinking of trying an irony mood-ring. It's made from copper; they say is good for toxins too!


__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 03:31 AM   #740
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
You know, now you mention it: Irony Detectors are a real hidden cost of this Skeptic lark. I've a basement full of the broken buggers. Can't afford a new one. Am thinking of trying an irony mood-ring. It's made from copper; they say is good for toxins too!


Does it have magnets too?
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 03:48 AM   #741
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,661
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Does it have magnets too?
D'oh! With all that irony, there's plenty magnetism.

<taps head> Ya gotta think your way through life!
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 05:06 AM   #742
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
And... no.
The video posted is evidence to the contrary.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 05:16 AM   #743
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Since when is being skeptical come with a license to ignore evidence?

There's another thread featuring a video of Michael Shermer and Graham Hancock discussing the Younger Dryas and the evidence of a massive flood some 12,500 years ago, but you can't even get people to watching it! Maybe a few, but most have posted therein openly admitting that they won't watch the video because it is a waste of their time...

Here too is the video I originally referenced with my OP, that everyone has asked to see, but no one bothered to review it, much less offer a reasoned rebuttal.

That's not being skeptical, that being ignorant.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 05:59 AM   #744
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,547
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Here too is the video I originally referenced with my OP, that everyone has asked to see, but no one bothered to review it, much less offer a reasoned rebuttal.
Is this the video you're talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqNe-U53wA&t=6897s

If so, could you outline specifically what evidence you've found convincing? I watched the first 10 minutes from the time you linked to, and the speaker offered two things as "proof". The first was him speaking about "thousands" of documented cases where people have seen relatives or loved ones who are away somewhere, telling someone else about it, that other person writing the information down with dates which can be verified independently, and the people involved learning after that date that the person in question died at the time of the vision. He makes this claim, but offers nothing to support it. If there's even one case that is as well-documented as he claims these "thousands" are, then that's one more than I've ever heard of, and some quick googling doesn't turn up one single case like the kind he describes. I'm not inclined to just take his word for it.

The second is where he speaks about medium Leonora Pipes. This would be the Leonora Pipes who was investigated thoroughly and of whom contemporary reports say there is no indication that she was doing anything different to mostly cold reading with a little hot reading sprinkled in here and there.

More specifically, he speaks about a spirit who frequently contacted her called "G. P.", who was someone who had died recently who was known to some of the people who visited her. It appears that upon his death this scholar gave up many of his abilities - such as being able to speak Greek - and found himself giving false and incorrect information about his own life.

Some of the reactions of those who knew him are mentioned in this book:

Quote:
Now a cousin of Pellew's wrote to Mr. Clodd to tell him that, if he cared to ask the family, he would learn that all the relatives of the dead man regarded Mrs. Piper's impersonation of him as "beneath contempt". Mr Clodd wrote to Professor Pellew, George's brother, and found that this was the case. The family has been pestered for fifteen years with reports of the proceedings and requests to authenticate them and join the S.P.R. They said that they knew George, and they could not believe that, when freed from the burden of the flesh, he would talk such "utter drivel and inanity." As to "intimate friends," one of these was Professor Fiske, who had been described by Dr. Hodgson as "absolutely convinced" of the identity of "G. P." When Professor Pellew told Professor Fiske of this, he replied, roundly, that it was "a lie". Mrs. Piper had, he said, been "silent or entirely wrong" on all his test questions.
The story the speaker in that video is referring to generally there is what that penultimate sentence describes as "a lie".

Since what I've watched so far has been absolutely pathetic as far as presenting evidence for "psy", as the speaker calls it, and I'm loathe to spend another half an hour having someone spout such easily-disprovable drivel at me, perhaps you could just specify where exactly in the video (if it is indeed the one referenced in the OP) the "rather astounding test results" of which you speak?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 06:29 AM   #745
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,124
I again note that the video, which now, according to KotA is supposed to contain the evidence foe TELEPATHY is not, in fact, talking about telepathy at all but rather some other feat of alleged psy bunk, namely summoning of the dead (who no longer think or produce magnetic or electromagnetic fields with their brains, that, according to kota, might explain telepathy).
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 08:52 AM   #746
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,349
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I again note that the video, which now, according to KotA is supposed to contain the evidence foe TELEPATHY is not, in fact, talking about telepathy at all but rather some other feat of alleged psy bunk, namely summoning of the dead (who no longer think or produce magnetic or electromagnetic fields with their brains, that, according to kota, might explain telepathy).
In the world of woo everything eventually blends into a grey lumpy mash.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 02:20 PM   #747
xjx388
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,379
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Why can't these people understand the word 'near'? Watching that I couldn't believe a medical doctor was coming out with some of it.


Doctors are no different than any other person in their credulity and faith. A medical degree is no protection against woo.
__________________
Hello.
xjx388 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 02:32 PM   #748
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,728
Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
Doctors are no different than any other person in their credulity and faith. A medical degree is no protection against woo.
Obviously not successfully in all cases. But if education, knowledge and training in observation and appraising evidence aren't protection against woo, then what is?
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 06:31 AM   #749
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Is this the video you're talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqNe-U53wA&t=6897s

If so, could you outline specifically what evidence you've found convincing? ...
Yes.

&

No.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 06:32 AM   #750
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I again note that the video, which now, according to KotA is supposed to contain the evidence foe TELEPATHY is not, in fact, talking about telepathy at all but rather some other feat of alleged psy bunk, namely summoning of the dead (who no longer think or produce magnetic or electromagnetic fields with their brains, that, according to kota, might explain telepathy).
We are more than these bounded skin suits.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 06:36 AM   #751
King of the Americas
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 6,206
Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
Doctors are no different than any other person in their credulity and faith. A medical degree is no protection against woo.
Protection against woo...?

What is woo, and why might one need protection from it?

It is real, imagined, fakery, foolery?

Does woo have types and sorts?

Maybe you could start another thread, and define woo?
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 06:46 AM   #752
Michel H
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,205
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Protection against woo...?

What is woo, and why might one need protection from it?

It is real, imagined, fakery, foolery?

Does woo have types and sorts?

Maybe you could start another thread, and define woo?
The Skeptic's Dictionary has a definition of "woo":
http://skepdic.com/woowoo.html
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 06:56 AM   #753
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 25,079
Great, you're talking to each other at last. Now, just try doing it without the Internet.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 07:22 AM   #754
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,661
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Great, you're talking to each other at last. Now, just try doing it without the Internet.
Ha!
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 08:15 AM   #755
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,547
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
Yes.

&

No.
Why not? You asked for a reasoned rebuttal. I gave a reasoned rebuttal of the first two points discussed in the video, and held off on watching another half an hour's worth of material if it wasn't going to be any more convincing than what I'd already seen, and therefore want to know if there are any arguments in that video that you believe to actually be convincing. The only response from you is "no".

It seems to me that this is a fair indication that none of the subsequent arguments are any more convincing. Which leads us back to where we started - you promising "some rather astounding test results", and then failing to provide them.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 08:29 AM   #756
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 5,117
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
We are more than these bounded skin suits.
Certainly, but you wanted to present evidence for telepathy, and there was none.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 08:30 AM   #757
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,124
Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
We are more than these bounded skin suits.
You present no evidence, so : No.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.