ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags hallucinations , Jhana Samadhi , psychology , psychology research

Old 10th June 2017, 08:52 PM   #1
wengehuang
New Blood

New Insights into Hallucinations and Paranormal Phenomenon

By definition in modern psychology, hallucinations are perceptions that occur in the absence of external objective stimulation, namely, perceptions by internal false stimulation. According to this definition, perceptions can occur in two ways. One is that external objective stimulation affects perception through sensation, while the other is that internal false stimulation directly affects perception. For perception, the two ways lead to the same effects. But what happens when external and internal stimulations affect perception together in hallucinations?

We find in our research that a theoretical framework of hallucinations can be constructed by a further analysis of the changes in the relation of their relative strength on perception. At the same time, a scientific interpretation of the so-called supernatural phenomena will be made. But what need to be emphasized is that, in our discussion, the strength of hallucinations is applied not to one single stimulation (for example, strong visual shock), but to the completeness, consistence and vividness of the whole imaginary scene.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited for rule 4. Please do not copy & paste large amounts of material from elsewhere on the internet; instead post a short extract and provide a link. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2959315

If you are interested in our research, you can read the paper "New Insights into Hallucinations, PSI and ASC" at SSRN.

Last edited by Agatha; 13th June 2017 at 01:23 PM.
wengehuang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 03:11 AM   #2
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Why the need to redefine ESP?
Old 11th June 2017, 07:44 AM   #3
GT/CS
Illuminator

Why doesn't this apply to women?
Old 11th June 2017, 07:46 AM   #4
baron
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Why doesn't this apply to women?
They're too busy doing housework to hallucinate.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:17 AM   #5
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Reminds me of jumping on the quantum mechanics explains esp bandwagon. But given it's a member with one post suggesting we follow up finding the link to "our research", I'm going to say this is nothing but spam.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 10:40 AM   #6
Myriad
Hyperthetical

It sounds to me like the OP is suggesting false sensations and other internal mental phenomena as an explanation for various seemingly-paranormal experiences. Not trying to argue for actual paranormal phenomena.

I'm not seeing anything particularly new here, but I'm not seeing a trojan horse for woo either.
Old 11th June 2017, 11:24 AM   #7
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
It sounds to me like the OP is suggesting false sensations and other internal mental phenomena as an explanation for various seemingly-paranormal experiences. Not trying to argue for actual paranormal phenomena.

I'm not seeing anything particularly new here, but I'm not seeing a trojan horse for woo either.
Maybe not woo but certainly universe contemplating without much knowledge about what we know about brain anatomy and physiology and perception.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 11:24 AM   #8
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Needs a Methods section.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 01:11 PM   #9
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by baron View Post
They're too busy doing housework to hallucinate.
Apart from that time that Marge Simpson started to drink a lot during the day!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 07:43 PM   #10
wengehuang
New Blood

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Reminds me of jumping on the quantum mechanics explains esp bandwagon. But given it's a member with one post suggesting we follow up finding the link to "our research", I'm going to say this is nothing but spam.
For your convenience, I will pose the whole paper here.

Abstract: Our research is based on the empirical documents which give experiential descriptions of various altered states of consciousness (meditation, mind-altering drugs, hypnosis, physiological lesion and so on). Firstly, we summarizes four essential phenomena in ASC after an initial clarification. Then what follow are comprehensive analyses of these phenomena. By probing into the changes in the relation of their relative strength from a new dimension that external objective stimulations and internal false stimulations can affect perception together, a theoretical framework of hallucinations is constructed and a scientific interpretation of the supernatural phenomena is made: When internal stimulation is almost equal to external stimulation, the mixture of the two kinds of stimulation causes two conflicting experiences in perception simultaneously, and therefore leads to paradoxical and deranged apperceiving, resulting in out-of-body experiences and synesthesia; when internal stimulation is far stronger than external stimulation, ESP happens as a result of internal false stimulation being mistaken as external objective stimulation which enters through various senses and external objective stimulation being mistaken as perception which does not result from various senses. After that, a new filtering hypothesis is presented to explain the more sensitive awareness and its potential value is explored. On such basis, a unified analytical framework will be made based on the empirical documents, so as to reveal the essence of ASC: The reduction of self-awareness results in three mechanisms (the more sensitive awareness, hallucinations and jhāna samādhi) and the relation of them is figured out.Finally, this paper also reveals the essence of the Buddhist deep insight and the mystery of cessation and insight.

Sorry, the file is too large to upload here.
wengehuang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 10:45 PM   #11
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wengehuang View Post
For your convenience, I will pose the whole paper here.

Abstract: Our research is based on the empirical documents which give experiential descriptions of various altered states of consciousness (meditation, mind-altering drugs, hypnosis, physiological lesion and so on). Firstly, we summarizes four essential phenomena in ASC after an initial clarification. Then what follow are comprehensive analyses of these phenomena. By probing into the changes in the relation of their relative strength from a new dimension that external objective stimulations and internal false stimulations can affect perception together, a theoretical framework of hallucinations is constructed and a scientific interpretation of the supernatural phenomena is made: When internal stimulation is almost equal to external stimulation, the mixture of the two kinds of stimulation causes two conflicting experiences in perception simultaneously, and therefore leads to paradoxical and deranged apperceiving, resulting in out-of-body experiences and synesthesia; when internal stimulation is far stronger than external stimulation, ESP happens as a result of internal false stimulation being mistaken as external objective stimulation which enters through various senses and external objective stimulation being mistaken as perception which does not result from various senses. After that, a new filtering hypothesis is presented to explain the more sensitive awareness and its potential value is explored. On such basis, a unified analytical framework will be made based on the empirical documents, so as to reveal the essence of ASC: The reduction of self-awareness results in three mechanisms (the more sensitive awareness, hallucinations and jhāna samādhi) and the relation of them is figured out.Finally, this paper also reveals the essence of the Buddhist deep insight and the mystery of cessation and insight.

Sorry, the file is too large to upload here.
No need, you have spammed it on every forum you can find.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=28236
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/foru...read/19331/P0/

And your own blog...
http://wengehuang.blogspot.ie/2017/0...tions-psi.html
Old 11th June 2017, 10:48 PM   #12
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Called it.
Old 11th June 2017, 11:06 PM   #13
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Called it.
Indeed.

The moment I see gross grammatical and spelling errors in a supposed paper, my woo radar goes off the scale.
Old 12th June 2017, 07:20 PM   #14
wengehuang
New Blood

abaddon, why not sharing? It is a new and simple theory to explain Hallucinations and PSI!

Last edited by wengehuang; 12th June 2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12th June 2017, 07:22 PM   #15
wengehuang
New Blood

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Indeed.

The moment I see gross grammatical and spelling errors in a supposed paper, my woo radar goes off the scale.
English is not my first language. But it does not matter with the quality of the paper.
Old 12th June 2017, 07:51 PM   #16
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

abaddon, why not sharing? It is a new and simple theory to explain Hallucinations and PSI!
Why spam forums with it as opposed to submitting a paper for peer review?
Old 12th June 2017, 10:43 PM   #17
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

Why spam post it here and not to forums in your primary language?
Little 10 Toes is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 12:59 AM   #18
wengehuang
New Blood

Why spam forums with it as opposed to submitting a paper for peer review?
Sorry, if your paths are different, you cannot make plans together.
Old 13th June 2017, 01:19 AM   #19
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Sorry, if your paths are different, you cannot make plans together.
What is the Sichuan Sinoland Fortune Investment Group?

"A New Interpretation of the Mechanism for the Determination of Interest Rate and Its Policy Implications"
Wenge Huang / Sichuan Sinoland Fortune Investment Group
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2647825

"New Insights into Hallucinations, PSI and ASC"

What are your qualifications?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 01:24 AM   #20
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

I was really hoping to see some fMRI data in there somewhere.

Is it in the Methods section?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 01:06 PM   #21
leonAzul
Illuminator

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
I was really hoping to see some fMRI data in there somewhere.

Is it in the Methods section?
Continue to hope.

Nothing to see here, let's move on.

Although the bibliography is useful.

"No man should have to clean up after another man's dog."
- Gerald Ford
leonAzul is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 11:19 PM   #22
wengehuang
New Blood

Here are some new ideas based on our previous theoretical framework of hallucinations. We call them “six states of perception”.

In accordance with our previous analysis, by definition in modern psychology, hallucinations are perceptions that occur in the absence of external objective stimulation, namely, perceptions by internal false stimulation. According to this definition, perceptions can occur in two ways. One is that external objective stimulation affects perception through sensation, while the other is that internal false stimulation directly affects perception. For perception, the two ways lead to the same effects.

Edited by Agatha:  Edited for rule 4 https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2959315

Last edited by Agatha; 14th June 2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 14th June 2017, 01:50 AM   #23
fagin
Illuminator

Cool story bro.

ps. Who is 'we'?
Old 14th June 2017, 07:40 AM   #24
steenkh
Philosopher

Does PSI exist so that it needs to be explained?

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 06:40 PM   #25
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Who is 'we'?
"Wenge Huang / Sichuan Sinoland Fortune Investment Group" This group appears to be raising money in China to develop large building complexes. (or so they say).

However Wenge Huang also has been spamming an academic paper on banking and interest. also as author.

"A New Interpretation of the Mechanism for the Determination of Interest Rate and Its Policy Implications"
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2647825

My gut feeling is that these papers are "leading lures" before your are offered an unbelievable investment opportunity ....then your money disappears.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 11:14 PM   #26
wengehuang
New Blood

Paranormal Phenomena and Hallucinations in ASC

Our research is based on the empirical documents which give experiential descriptions of various altered states of consciousness (meditation, mind-altering drugs, hypnosis, physiological lesion and so on). Firstly, we summarizes four essential phenomena (hallucinations, paranormal phenomena, the more sensitive awareness and mystical experiences) in ASC after an initial clarification. Then, by probing into the consistence, breakdown and re-consistence of the five senses resulted from the changes in the relation of their strength when internal false stimulations and external objective stimulations affect perception together, the relation between paranormal phenomena and hallucinations is revealed: When internal stimulation is far stronger than external stimulation, one is in deep hallucinations in which the five senses originating internally are consistent; Extrasensory perception (ESP) happens as a result of internal false stimulation being mistaken as external objective stimulation which enters through sensation and external objective stimulation being mistaken as perception which does not result from sensation; In such a situation, one would naturally treat the inconsistent and “unexplainable” external stimulation as information acquired through psychic abilities such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy or precognition. By similar logic, our model can also explain the generation mechanism of other paranormal phenomena such as out-of-body experiences, synesthesia and even psychokinesis in ASC.

If you are interested in this topic, you can read the paper "New Insights into Hallucinations, PSI and ASC" at SSRN.
Old 14th October 2017, 11:29 PM   #27
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

Who is "our" and "we"? Are you spamming this on other sites like last time?
Little 10 Toes is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 11:33 PM   #28
EHocking
Philosopher

What has this got to do with submarines?
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 12:40 AM   #29
Donn
Philosopher

Has a drive-by lecturing vibe.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 12:49 AM   #30
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

To the OP: Since no one has yet produced any good evidence that ESP exists or a repeatable test for it, I'd say your hypothesis is a waste of time before you even start. Might as well have a discussion of what the temperature of a fire-breathing dragon is on Mars.

And what the heck is "ASC"?
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 12:49 AM   #31
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Has a drive-by lecturing vibe.
Yeah, but actually it has a hint of usefulness about it. It does actually appear, on re-reading, to be an attempt at reasonable explanations for the perception of non-existent phenomena. What it isn't, I don't think, is any sort of claim that any paranormal phenomena exist. It might actually be helpful to engage with this poster, which of course can only happen were s/he to return.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 01:28 AM   #32
fagin
Illuminator

He posted the same thing a few months ago. Appears to be nothing new this time.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=320497
Old 15th October 2017, 02:13 AM   #33
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Yeah, and Myriad had it right last time, IMV:

The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 03:03 AM   #34
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post

And what the heck is "ASC"?
"ASC" seems to mean "altered states of consciousness" in the opening post, see
"Keywords: ..." at the end of the page: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2959315
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 03:23 AM   #35
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Yeah, but actually it has a hint of usefulness about it. It does actually appear, on re-reading, to be an attempt at reasonable explanations for the perception of non-existent phenomena. What it isn't, I don't think, is any sort of claim that any paranormal phenomena exist. It might actually be helpful to engage with this poster, which of course can only happen were s/he to return.
Yeah, it sounds like it could be interesting; just a pity the poster doesn't stick around. I wonder why?
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 04:54 AM   #36
wengehuang
New Blood

Yeah, it sounds like it could be interesting; just a pity the poster doesn't stick around. I wonder why?
I keep silence because some people here are irrational and bad manners. I just want to share some new insights into paranormal phenomena and don't want to quarrel with others.
Old 15th October 2017, 04:58 AM   #37
wengehuang
New Blood

I took me several months to develop a further study in this topic and there are many new and deeper ideas so that I start a new thread.
Old 15th October 2017, 05:03 AM   #38
Donn
Philosopher

I keep silence because some people here are irrational and bad manners. I just want to share some new insights into paranormal phenomena and don't want to quarrel with others.
If you are too delicate to stand scrutiny, then you have useless insights. Without a test, what is your science worth?

For a start: don't misuse words. For example: "paranormal." In your abstract, it gets redefined. This correctly attracts the accusation of equivocation.

Why not engage us and see if your hypothesis benefits from wear and tear?
Old 15th October 2017, 05:14 AM   #39
wengehuang
New Blood

If you are too delicate to stand scrutiny, then you have useless insights. Without a test, what is your science worth?

For a start: don't misuse words. For example: "paranormal." In your abstract, it gets redefined. This correctly attracts the accusation of equivocation.

Why not engage us and see if your hypothesis benefits from wear and tear?

For your convenience, I pick some essence here:

By definition in modern psychology, hallucinations are perceptions that occur in the absence of external objective stimulation, namely, perceptions by internal false stimulation. Therefore, perceptions can occur in two ways. One is that external objective stimulation affects perception through sensation, while the other is that internal false stimulation directly affects perception. For perception, the two ways lead to the same effects.
By probing into the consistence, breakdown and re-consistence of the five senses resulted from the changes in the relation of their strength when internal false stimulations and external objective stimulations affect perception together, the relation between paranormal phenomena and hallucinations is revealed.

1. Internal false stimulation is far weaker than external objective stimulation.

When internal false stimulation is far weaker than external objective stimulation, one is actually in “elementary hallucinations” mentioned above in which the five senses originating externally are consistent. Therefore, when hallucinations occur, firstly he will detect the internal stimulations and perceive that such stimulations are not in accordance with the external objective scene. Then, since he can distinguish reality from illusions in this state, he is able to determine that the inconsistent stimulations are hallucinations.

2. Internal false stimulation is far stronger than external objective stimulation.

Contrary to“elementary hallucinations”, when internal false stimulation is far stronger than external objective stimulation, one is totally lost in fantasies in which the five senses originating internally are consistent. This is the second stage of “deep hallucinations”, which we call “complete hallucinations”. In this condition, various kinds of stable, complete and vivid imaginary scenes are formed, and the external objective world is usually ignored.
However, for some reason (for example, he opens the eyes by accident, or somebody in the real world talks to him specially, etc.), some external objective stimulations become stronger at times. Thus, one in fantasies will detect such stimulations and perceive that they are not in accordance with the internal imaginary scenes.
At this moment, since the five senses originating internally are consistent, he regards all internal false stimulation as real and actually has no idea of what is real or false. Therefore, the inconsistent and “unexplainable” external objective stimulation would be wrongly treated as Extrasensory perception:
For instance, one would treat the real scenes he sees when he open the eyes as something he “sees” through clairvoyance. One would treat the real sound as something he “hears” through clairaudience. If somebody in the real world talks with him, since he cannot believe that somebody could hear his voice from so far away, he would mistakenly consider that they are transmitting information not through the recognized physical senses but through the mind, that’s, telepathy. Based on telepathy, precognition and retrocognition also seem practicable. Clearly, the essence of ESP is that internal false stimulation is mistaken as external objective stimulation which enters through various senses and external objective stimulation is mistaken as perception which does not result from various senses. We can call it “the real is the false when the false is treated as real”. It is a wonderful experience to watch the real world from another imaginary world.
Especially, the interpretation of external tactile sensation for one in “complete hallucinations” is much more fancy and subtle. When somebody or some objects in the real world collide with him, since he cannot find the counterpart in the imaginary world, it would induce the illusion that forces could act on an object without contact. We do think that it is the source of believing psychokinesis for some people.

3. Internal false stimulation is almost equal to external objective stimulation.

When internal false stimulation is almost equal to external objective stimulation, one is in a state between “elementary hallucinations” and “complete hallucinations” in which the five senses are inconsistent. This is the first stage of “deep hallucinations”, which we call “deranged hallucinations”. In this condition, the mixture of two kinds of stimulations causes inconsistent experiences in perception simultaneously, and furthermore, leads to deranged and even paradoxical apperceiving.
“Deranged hallucinations” can explain the generation mechanism of some other supernatural phenomena. Let’s take out-of-body experiences as an example. When internal false visual stimulation makes one feel that he goes to another place, but his objective touching still operates to confirm him that he still stays in the original place, the illusion of separateness resulted from the inconsistence of vision and touching will result in the feeling of being out of body. Let’s take another example: synesthesia. Seeing a sound and hearing a picture result from that the internal and external stimulations affect perception together so as to mismatch the two pairs of five senses. For instance, when the external hearing is much stronger than its counterpart and the external vision is much weaker than its counterpart, one will naturally mismatch the objective hearing and the false vision, that’s, experiencing synesthesia.

4. Conclusion

In hallucinations, internal false stimulation and external objective stimulation affect perception together. The changes in the relation of their strength are three-fold: “elementary hallucinations”, “deranged hallucinations” and “complete hallucinations”. The last two belong to “deep hallucinations”.
The shift from “elementary hallucinations” to “deranged hallucinations” happens because internal false stimulation becomes stronger enough to break the consistence of the five senses originating externally. On the one hand, this would result in the confusion among the five senses, making it difficult to determine which is real; on the other hand, the integration (not simple superposition) of internal and external visual stimulations would bring about various surprising and marvelous phenomena.
The shift from “deranged hallucinations” into “complete hallucinations” happens because internal false stimulation becomes further stronger to form a new consistence of the five senses originating internally. This means that different kinds of stable, complete and vivid imaginary scenes would be formed, making it easy to distinguish external objective stimulation from them.
The so-called paranormal phenomena usually appear in “deep hallucinations”. The above analysis proves that there are no paranormal phenomena in ASC at all, and they are simply illusions which happens along with deep hallucinations. But many people who claim to have experienced them, firmly hold that they are real. The reason lies in that waking from “deep hallucinations” is essentially different from waking from dreams. In dreams, the sensation of five senses shuts down and all the stimulations perception receives are internal and false. Therefore, one can easily determine that he was dreaming after waking. However, in “deranged hallucinations”, both internal and external stimulations affect perception and their strengths are similar. As a result, once waking up, one cannot clearly determine what parts are reality and what parts are hallucinations. In “complete hallucinations”, ESP “truly” happened, although reality and fantasy were reversed. Consequently, once waking up, one wrongly thinks that paranormal phenomena are real.
Old 15th October 2017, 05:52 AM   #40
Donn
Philosopher

For your convenience, I pick some essence here:
I skimmed it. In my recollection, it's much the same as the last time you posted.

Essentially I have no problem with what you say. It's said in a somewhat verbose manner and could do with a diet.

I read it as: Senses may be triggered within the brain, sans a sense organ's involvement. When mixed with the regular operation of the senses, this causes conflicting interpretations in the mind; delusions of varying kinds result.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal