ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd October 2017, 06:36 AM   #41
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by philkensebben View Post
I have a question. If you have the powers you say you do, why are you labelling yourself as merely the most dangerous man in America? Why not the world? Hell, the universe! Or do you believe other people with your abilities reside in other parts of the world/universe?
Yes, between that and his portrayal of a total solar eclipse as being a big, important, rare event just because it occurred in the US despite the fact that they occur fairly frequently, this thread does come across as rather parochial, limited and small. Which is the opposite of what you'd expect from someone speaking on behalf of the person who created the entire universe.
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:04 AM   #42
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I hate to tell ya but It only works with an Apple II GS using LISP.

So, an Apple II Gee Eth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:37 AM   #43
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Raptor Witness View Post
...... once-in-a-lifetime.
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
water flowing underground
Wrong thread. The 3 word game is in FC.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:50 AM   #44
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
The 3 word game is in FC.
Same as it ever was.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:53 PM   #45
The Shrike
Illuminator

So is Trump Heat Miser because he's vaguely orange and has dumb hair or because he's an anthropogenic climate change denier?

Also, how has the US Intelligence Community responded to your warnings that Rankin-Bass puppet characters are holding the globe hostage to some ill-fated end?

I don't know about y'all but if it snows in Southtown this winter I'm seriously gonna lay low for a while!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 05:46 PM   #46
Thermal
Master Poster

Ok, where are we now? An OP who claims to be a plague unleasher, and has a totally cool cheat code for the, uhh, planet. Offers one pic of a goofy, pretend cartoon figure, and one of the Heat Miser from The Year Without a Santa Claus. Oh, and a claim that solar eclipses are alarm clocks.

In this corner, the evidence:

*chirp...chirp*

(jump in any time now, Raptor Witness)

Previously known as MostlyDead. Feeling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 06:25 PM   #47
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
Raptor Witness, if I mess with the best, will I die like the rest?
Okay, you made me LOL and scare mah kitteh by zigging when I was expecting you to zag. Well done!
The Norseman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 08:24 AM   #48
Hans
Philosopher

Did the dangerous RW get hit by a bus?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 08:27 AM   #49
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Raptor Witness View Post
Speaking to the U.S. Intelligence Community.

If they want to consider Edward Snowden and Heat Miser as human plagues, that was never my intention, but I do believe there is some precedence for this concept, as the wording is technically in the correct format.

"Let them find ..... Heat Miser ..." is a command line sequence.

The difference is, an utterance has no intent. It's like speaking in a language that the speaker doesn't comprehend.
Yeah, like this post. It speaks a language I don't understand.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 08:34 AM   #50
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Yeah, like this post. It speaks a language I don't understand.
Sure, but aren't you a little curious what the U.S. intelligence community actually responded with? For that matter, which part of the U.S. intelligence community? The whole thing is sufficiently vague as to defy any verification. Oh. I forgot. It's "Top Secret".

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal