ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Old 19th November 2014, 12:57 PM   #1761
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
From Rog's own testimony he had not taken any camera footage at Bluff Creek prior to filming Paddy.
He was filming scenery right before encountering Patty, wasn't he?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2014, 01:04 PM   #1762
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Goofing off and filming each other and the scenery is the stated reason for not having much film left for Patty.

It's mentioned the early radio interview transcript that they were filming that morning before they encountered Patty.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/int...opatterson.htm

Last edited by LTC8K6; 19th November 2014 at 01:10 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2014, 03:35 PM   #1763
Squatchy McSquatch
Scholar

That morning would be correct. I misremembered things. He said they hadn't done any filming in the area up until that day.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2014, 11:22 AM   #1764
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This is supposed to show the toes of the right foot flexing upwards and then down. It's supposed to indicate something that you would not see with a costume foot.

IMO, I'm doubtful that we are seeing an up-down flexing or movement of toes whether it be a costume or a real creature.

We've discussed this before going back years ago.

Old 20th November 2014, 11:36 AM   #1765
GT/CS
Illuminator

Why would the toes flex upward after a step instead of during the step?
Maybe Patty has flipper feet.
Old 20th November 2014, 11:55 AM   #1766
Squatchy McSquatch
Scholar

Because Bigfoot that's why.

Bigfoot plays by his own rules and we must like it or suffer the slings of coloured lines.

Last edited by Squatchy McSquatch; 20th November 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2014, 08:05 PM   #1767
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
This is supposed to show the toes of the right foot flexing upwards and then down. It's supposed to indicate something that you would not see with a costume foot.

IMO, I'm doubtful that we are seeing an up-down flexing or movement of toes whether it be a costume or a real creature.

We've discussed this before going back years ago.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...psudw8hcxz.gif
Did any of the scientists who were first shown the film remark on these upward flapping toes?

Napier said he couldn't see Patty's feet.

Old 21st November 2014, 05:36 AM   #1768
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

The scientists who were first shown the film did not have access to video recordings or the film itself...

But, you know that ...

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2014, 07:47 AM   #1769
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Did anyone ever question Napier about not seeing Patty's feet when he first saw the PGF?

Old 21st November 2014, 08:21 AM   #1770
comncents
Scholar

Just a guess, but I think viewing the film full frame from a projector would make it easy to miss the few times that you get a glimpse of the feet. Patty was a fairly small portion of the frame.
comncents is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2014, 09:17 AM   #1771
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The feet are critical...there should have been much interest in them with a new bipedal primate.

Besides, we are told in Argosy that Napier attended a four hour session where "films and stills" were shown, also under magnification, and blow-ups were shown. Out takes and blow-ups of all kinds were shown, apparently.

It's not like they showed it to him once in a theater and then he commented.

Old 21st November 2014, 10:24 AM   #1772
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
The feet are critical...there should have been much interest in them with a new bipedal primate.

Besides, we are told in Argosy that Napier attended a four hour session where "films and stills" were shown, also under magnification, and blow-ups were shown. Out takes and blow-ups of all kinds were shown, apparently.

It's not like they showed it to him once in a theater and then he commented.
I don't know what to say. We've discussed this before. Napier may have been shown only a portion of the PGF. It's hard to imagine that he saw the feet and then said that he didn't see them.

Sometimes it seems that there is no limit to the crazy things associated with the film.
Old 21st November 2014, 10:56 AM   #1773
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Did any of the scientists who were first shown the film remark on these upward flapping toes?
You know the answer.

Of course, they never saw this clip which has been digitally converted, is not in color, is greatly overexposed, is not shown in real-time normal speed, does not include frames before and after the flappy flap, and who knows what else.
Old 21st November 2014, 01:45 PM   #1774
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I don't know what to say. We've discussed this before. Napier may have been shown only a portion of the PGF. It's hard to imagine that he saw the feet and then said that he didn't see them.

Sometimes it seems that there is no limit to the crazy things associated with the film.
Yes, I think that group of scientists was shown a different PGF cut.

I have brought this up a few times before.

But why? And which cut did they see?

Osman Hill was given his own screening where he said of Patty and her walk:

Quote:
The creature portrayed is a primate and clearly hominid rather than pongid. Its erect attitude in locomotion, the gait, stride and manner of that locomotion, as well as the relative proportions of pelvic to pectoral limb are all manifestly human, together with the great development of the mammary glands. This does not, of course, preclude the possibility that it is indeed a Homo sapiens masquerading as a hairy 'giant'. All I can say, at this stage, is that if this was a masquerade, it was extremely well done and effective.
So he thought Patty and her walk appeared very much human.

Old 21st November 2014, 01:55 PM   #1775
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

How could anyone miss "blockfoot" and "perfectfoot"? Especially scientists looking at a new bipedal primate for the first time?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5&postcount=34

Last edited by LTC8K6; 21st November 2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 21st November 2014, 03:10 PM   #1776
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

How could anyone miss "blockfoot" and "perfectfoot"?
Paddlefoot is no longer visible in that post I made. Here it is...

Old 21st November 2014, 04:59 PM   #1777
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

How could anyone miss "blockfoot" and "perfectfoot"? Especially scientists looking at a new bipedal primate for the first time?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5&postcount=34
Wow, blast from the past! Over nine years ago... Towards the end of that thread, I had just signed up over at the old BFF.. Some very interesting times...

Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2014, 06:05 PM   #1778
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's fun to watch Patty go like hell. MK Davis made this using non-consecutive frames.

Old 21st November 2014, 06:25 PM   #1779
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

That last one is a great example of female anatomy a' la Patterson...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal