IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Closed Thread
Old 15th November 2020, 09:55 PM   #401
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I'm really sorry that you feel that there is no one you can trust, Bubba.
Old 15th November 2020, 09:59 PM   #402
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I'm really sorry that you feel that there is no one you can trust, Bubba.

Good Grief. C'mon man!

That is just lame and silly.

Who do you trust?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 10:01 PM   #403
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Edward R. Murrow stole my heart when he crushed Mccarthy.
Bubba? You have been supporting McCarthyism's claim that US colleges and universities are full of "Marxists". They aren't.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 10:02 PM   #404
Bubba
Philosopher

Good Grief. C'mon man!

Who do you trust?

Dont tell me you trust Kamala...?

Do you trust MSM ??
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 10:06 PM   #405
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
by The Great Zaganza View Post
You get all your trusted information from dead people?

Who did James Randi trust??
Old 15th November 2020, 10:11 PM   #406
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Good Grief. C'mon man!

Who do you trust?

Mostly non-US news sources, or pure news outlets like Reuters.
I agree that most US-centered media has too much skin in the game to be very objective.
Also, they favor anecdotal evidence over pure facts because that makes for better TV.

So once again, Bubba: where do you get your news from?
Old 15th November 2020, 11:07 PM   #407
Bubba
Philosopher

Mostly non-US news sources, or pure news outlets like Reuters.
I agree that most US-centered media has too much skin in the game to be very objective.
Also, they favor anecdotal evidence over pure facts because that makes for better TV.

So once again, Bubba: where do you get your news from?

Not CNN. I merely flip MSM's narratives, and voila!

You already know where I get my info. Its a big internet. Reuters is on it.

One way that helps is to discern and dismantle the politicized narratives of most US-centered media which has too much skin in the game to be very objective.

Asking and noting "Who benefits?" can also be helpful.

Recognizing that MSM are controlled by a handful of corporations with interlocking boards also helps.
Bonus note; The vast majority (85%??) of MSM Boards all have at least one shared Pharma Board guy, on board.
--a study.

In other words, them with the gold rule. For example, I trust some sources who expose the myth that the Federal Reserve has reserves, and is something federal. No. It is private and it has no reserves. Greenspan is recorded saying no govt agency has power over us. Elsewhere, in a hearing, that Florida congressman exposed that some trillions of Fed dollars disappeared, unaccounted for.

The Fed is a parasitic control mechanism.
Why trust media that hides this??

Begin countdown until someone says criticizing the Fed is anti-semitic. (everyone already knows that criticizing Obama is racist)

I think Reuters is somewhere on this map, (named or not).

Last edited by Bubba; 15th November 2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:11 PM   #408
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

And you don't understand "who benefits" when you look at Internet sources?

The good thing about the MSM is that you can look at the corporate structure and tell exactly who benefits how.

When it comes to pure Internet sources: they benefit from getting you angry, not from getting you informed. The better informed you are, the less likely you are to come bakc for more.
You have traded a biased source of information for a source of non-information, but lots of hate.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:13 PM   #409
Bubba
Philosopher

Speaking of where you get your information...

100% On topic video, and its under five minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LGPIXvU5M&vl=en
Old 15th November 2020, 11:18 PM   #410
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

too bad you never learned to distinguish news from opinion.

How to read a newspaper should be taught in school.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:24 PM   #411
Bubba
Philosopher

And you don't understand "who benefits" when you look at Internet sources?

The good thing about the MSM is that you can look at the corporate structure and tell exactly who benefits how.

When it comes to pure Internet sources: they benefit from getting you angry, not from getting you informed. The better informed you are, the less likely you are to come bakc for more.
You have traded a biased source of information for a source of non-information, but lots of hate.
Wrong. Sorry. That is a false narrative designed to scare people away from doing their own research. Its not about anger at all. You have purchased a cleverly packaged blivet with that false narrative inside. For example real journalists who quit MSM in disgust have zero interest in making anyone angry. They just want to be journalists. They dont make me angry, and they wont make you angry.

Rather than anger it is satisfaction/confidence when studying multiple independent researchers/sources leads to corroboration. Its about discernment. Look up James Corbett. He is a good one.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:29 PM   #412
Bubba
Philosopher

Amy Goodman narrates that short Chomsky video, BTW

Quote:
Speaking of where you get your information...

100% On topic video, and its under five minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LGPIXvU5M&vl=en
Old 15th November 2020, 11:29 PM   #413
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

This should help with understanding why some Americans believe the Dems lied, cheated and stole the election

We remember five Senators shot on a ballfield.

A party that has been on the attack for 4 long years does not get a free pass."
Going back a few pages, I want to return to this.

First, regarding the things I snipped, they were all variations on "Democrats are bad people who hate President Trump." Well, some of them (especially the one I didn't snip) show that some Democrats are indeed bad people. Most of them show that a lot of Democrats hate President Trump. I would certainly acknowledge that a lot of Democrats, and plenty of people who normally do not vote for Democrats, hate President Trump. I think it's fair to say I do.

However, there's a reason I left one in place, and it doesn't have anything to with the above.

Revisiting the baseball incident, what actually happened is that four people were shot, not five. None of them were Senators. One of them was a Republican legislator, Congressman Steve Scalise.

You can reply or not, as you see fit, but I actually only want you to ask yourself a question, so if you don't share your thoughts with us, that's fine with me.

Why do you think you have amplified that incident so much? I'm talking from a psychological standpoint here. What provided the need to inflate the significance of the event? Shooting one congressman and three others is a pretty horrific event anyway. Why exaggerate and turn it into something else? The facts don't support you. Anyway, it's something to ponder.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:32 PM   #414
Bubba
Philosopher

too bad you never learned to distinguish news from opinion.

Please watch that Chomsky/Goodman video. Its 4:46 long.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:45 PM   #415
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Good Grief. C'mon man!

Who do you trust?
I get my US news from a range of centre right to centre left news sources, relying mainly, but not exclusively on this chart

The Green box: Absolutely reliable, non-partisan or mostly non-partisan news sources. If you read it here, you can pretty much count on it being fact checked and verified by multiple sources. These sources are the first place I check when I see major claims that don't look true - if it ain't here, it didn't happen! If it is here but they say it didn't happen, then it didn't happen!

The Yellow box: Still good, mostly reliable news. Good fact checking but you need to be aware that opinion will be partisan.

The Orange Box: Getting very partisan here. Average fact checking at best, and a tendency to report from single or non-reliable sources. If you read it here, you probably need to verify with a news source in the green or yellow boxes.

The Red Box: Whackadoodle country. Actual fake news, zero fact checking, made up stories, sensationalist BS and outright lies. No retractions when called on their falsehoods. Spending too much time reading crap from these sources will likely give you brain damage... its no surprise to find Faux News on the Orange/Red border

I rarely venture outside the green and yellow boxes and usually only to see what the crazies have been up to. Also I do not agree with the position they have placed CNN - their news analysis is better than what they have been rated here - IMO, the belong up with WAPO (blue arrow).

I regularly watch or read from two polar opposite sources here;

On the right: Nick Gillespie from reason.com on account of his excellent and incisive interviews, with often no so famous, but nonetheless very interesting people.

On the left: Rachel Maddow from msnbc.com on account of her ability to explain complex and difficult to understand political matters. She really is the Master Explainer.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 11:57 PM   #416
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Going back a few pages, I want to return to this.

First, regarding the things I snipped, they were all variations on "Democrats are bad people who hate President Trump." Well, some of them (especially the one I didn't snip) show that some Democrats are indeed bad people. Most of them show that a lot of Democrats hate President Trump. I would certainly acknowledge that a lot of Democrats, and plenty of people who normally do not vote for Democrats, hate President Trump. I think it's fair to say I do.

However, there's a reason I left one in place, and it doesn't have anything to with the above.

Revisiting the baseball incident, what actually happened is that four people were shot, not five. None of them were Senators. One of them was a Republican legislator, Congressman Steve Scalise.

You can reply or not, as you see fit, but I actually only want you to ask yourself a question, so if you don't share your thoughts with us, that's fine with me.

Why do you think you have amplified that incident so much? I'm talking from a psychological standpoint here. What provided the need to inflate the significance of the event? Shooting one congressman and three others is a pretty horrific event anyway. Why exaggerate and turn it into something else? The facts don't support you. Anyway, it's something to ponder.

You misunderstand. I did not amplify anything. I found that list somewhere, probly FB. (I have one of my understudys, Resume, fetching the attributions for me).

I only knew some congress critter ball players got shot by a leftward gun nut. I dont recall how many got shot. Thanks for the count. It was somebody else's mistake. I doubt they inflated the number. (but maybe they did, if none were senators). Four is plenty horrific, as you said.

Last edited by Bubba; 15th November 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:06 AM   #417
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I get my US news from a range of centre right to centre left news sources, relying mainly, but not exclusively on this chart

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tyd92zfqp...hart.jpg?raw=1

The Green box: Absolutely reliable, non-partisan or mostly non-partisan news sources. If you read it here, you can pretty much count on it being fact checked and verified by multiple sources. These sources are the first place I check when I see major claims that don't look true - if it ain't here, it didn't happen! If it is here but they say it didn't happen, then it didn't happen!

The Yellow box: Still good, mostly reliable news. Good fact checking but you need to be aware that opinion will be partisan.

The Orange Box: Getting very partisan here. Average fact checking at best, and a tendency to report from single or non-reliable sources. If you read it here, you probably need to verify with a news source in the green or yellow boxes.

The Red Box: Whackadoodle country. Actual fake news, zero fact checking, made up stories, sensationalist BS and outright lies. No retractions when called on their falsehoods. Spending too much time reading crap from these sources will likely give you brain damage... its no surprise to find Faux News on the Orange/Red border

I rarely venture outside the green and yellow boxes and usually only to see what the crazies have been up to. Also I do not agree with the position they have placed CNN - their news analysis is better than what they have been rated here - IMO, the belong up with WAPO (blue arrow).

On the right: Nick Gillespie from reason.com on account of his excellent and incisive interviews, with often no so famous, but nonetheless very interesting people.

On the left: Rachel Maddow from msnbc.com on account of her ability to explain complex and difficult to understand political matters. She really is the Master Explainer.

Dont your favorites have owners??

Why doesn't your graphic include the execs faces with the blue lines connecting to the big three above??

Yours seems so incomplete with out that crucial information.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:10 AM   #418
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
In a column entitled “Ruling Class Journalists”, former Washington Post senior editor and ombudsman Richard Harwood described the Council and its members approvingly as “the nearest thing we have to a ruling establishment in the United States”.

Harwood continued: “The membership of these journalists in the Council, however they may think of themselves, is an acknowledgment of their active and important role in public affairs and of their ascension into the American ruling class. They do not merely analyze and interpret foreign policy for the United States; they help make it. () They are part of that establishment whether they like it or not, sharing most of its values and world views.”

Media researcher Noam Chomsky explained this aspect as follows: “The point is that they wouldn’t be there unless they had already demonstrated that nobody has to tell them what to write because they are going to say the right thing anyway. () They have been through the socialization system.”

However, media personalities constitute only about five percent of the overall CFR network. As the following illustration shows, key members of the private Council on Foreign Relations have included:

several US Presidents and Vice Presidents of both parties;
almost all Secretaries of State, Defense, and the Treasury;
many high-ranking commanders of the US military and NATO;
some of the most influential Members of Congress (notably in foreign & security policy);
almost all National Security Advisors, CIA Directors, Ambassadors to the U.N., Chairs of the Federal Reserve, Presidents of the World Bank, and Directors of the National Economic Council;
many prominent academics, especially in key fields such as Economics and Political Science;
many top executives of Wall Street, policy think tanks, universities, NGOs, and Hollywood;
as well as the key members of both the 9/11 Commission and the Warren Commission (JFK)

Harvard economist and Kennedy supporter, John K. Galbraith, confirmed the Council’s influence: “Those of us who had worked for the Kennedy election were tolerated in the government for that reason and had a say, but foreign policy was still with the Council on Foreign Relations people.”

https://swprs.org/the-american-empire-and-its-media/
Old 16th November 2020, 12:31 AM   #419
Bubba
Philosopher

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tyd92zfqp...hart.jpg?raw=1

Quote:
by Bubba

Why doesn't your graphic include the execs faces with the blue lines connecting to the big three above??

https://swprs.org/the-american-empire-and-its-media/

Actually, on the graphic I linked to, you can see most or all of your favorites, with the blue lines connecting them to the level above the level your favorites are on.

Reuters (Meadmaker) is on there too. It is near the left side, about halfway down, (black with a gold circle). The enlargement button works well. Its a very informative graphic. Someone put a lot of independent research into it, as none of the media people therein are about to reveal the connections depicted.

I hope this helps you guys see the bigger picture !

Enjoy !!

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2020 at 12:37 AM.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:38 AM   #420
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I don't care who the owners are, any more that I care who a football team's owner is. I only care about what they report.

The owners of centre left to centre right news sources have little or no impact on their news content. For example, the BBC is effectively British Government owned (by Royal Charter) but that does not stop them criticising the British government when its due.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:49 AM   #421
Bubba
Philosopher

OOpsie

It wasnt Meadmaker....sorry.

It was T G Zaganza who said he trusts Reuters.

Anyway I was studying the linkages and it looks like four Reuters men are linked to Bilderberg and CFR.

Same goes for Fox, and the Financial Times guys.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:53 AM   #422
Bubba
Philosopher

I don't care who the owners are, any more that I care who a football team's owner is. I only care about what they report.

The owners of centre left to centre right news sources have little or no impact on their news content. For example, the BBC is effectively British Government owned (by Royal Charter) but that does not stop them criticising the British government when its due.

Of course. Owners of a MSM outlet have zero influence.

You're right.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2020 at 12:55 AM.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:55 AM   #423
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

Wait, it isn't?

A standard exercise would be comparing the reportage on the same stories in different outlets.

As a note, true neutrality isn't possible. There inevitably is reporting bias. Resources are finite, so even AP and Reuters have to make choices about what to report, and what to ignore.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:56 AM   #424
Bubba
Philosopher

You're right.

Quote:
by smartcooky View Post
I don't care who the owners are,
I am impressed. You are so much better at this than these guys:

Quote:
Harwood continued: “The membership of these journalists in the Council, however they may think of themselves, is an acknowledgment of their active and important role in public affairs and of their ascension into the American ruling class. They do not merely analyze and interpret foreign policy for the United States; they help make it. () They are part of that establishment whether they like it or not, sharing most of its values and world views.”

Media researcher Noam Chomsky explained this aspect as follows: “The point is that they wouldn’t be there unless they had already demonstrated that nobody has to tell them what to write because they are going to say the right thing anyway. () They have been through the socialization system.”
Old 16th November 2020, 12:58 AM   #425
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

You're right.
Your comprehensive reading skills are excruciatingly bad.

And there is an other bias.
The reader with their biases, filters, and blinders.
Old 16th November 2020, 01:12 AM   #426
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

It was T G Zaganza who said he trusts Reuters.
As opposed to Bubba, who just made it clear he trusts some random guy on Facebook.

Is there a grade lower than F?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 01:17 AM   #427
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
As opposed to Bubba, who just made it clear he trusts some random guy on Facebook.

Dave
At least the random guy on Facebook is beholden to no one but his parents!
Old 16th November 2020, 02:01 AM   #428
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I am impressed. You are so much better at this than these guys:
Join us, Bubba! It's such an easy thing. But you have to want it!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 02:11 AM   #429
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

You misunderstand. I did not amplify anything. I found that list somewhere, probly FB. (I have one of my understudys, Resume, fetching the attributions for me).

I only knew some congress critter ball players got shot by a leftward gun nut. I dont recall how many got shot. Thanks for the count. It was somebody else's mistake. I doubt they inflated the number. (but maybe they did, if none were senators). Four is plenty horrific, as you said.
Got it. Makes sense.

It's mindlessly repeating a claim and presenting it as your own thought without providing attribution, but I suppose there are worse things that can be done on an internet forum.
Old 16th November 2020, 03:23 AM   #430
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

At least the random guy on Facebook is beholden to no one but his parents!
Be fair, he might be paying them some rent to live in their basement.
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 04:15 AM   #431
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Studies have documented what clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning politely dubbed “Trump Anxiety Disorder.” Many on the right call it “Trump Derangement Syndrome.”

Though the outcome of this year’s presidential race is not yet certified, and legal challenges by the Trump campaign remain to play out, President Trump may have to give what passes for a concession speech in the weeks to come, and it will no doubt make Nixon’s remarks look collegial.

The Left is rejoicing at the president’s apparent downfall—but how long will this euphoria last when the reality sinks in that it won’t have Trump to kick around anymore?

In 2017, 27 psychiatrists and mental-health experts published a book documenting the president’s supposedly detrimental impact on the nation’s (read: the Left’s) mental health called The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump. In short, millions of Americans, including quite a few good friends and close relatives of mine, have been deeply unhappy since Donald Trump was elected.

The legacy media have fueled this Trump anxiety with an avalanche of negative stories, tweets, books, podcasts, and television coverage, much of it overblown or even wildly inaccurate. There was no escaping it—not in the sports pages, movies, or even travel and lifestyle publications. Anti-Trump venom pervaded society. Even some Fox News personalities appear to have joined in.

The media portrayed Trump as all-powerful, ruthless, and evil—but also woefully incompetent. Trump’s detractors have devoured every bit of negative news about him, devoting untold hours declaiming over his latest outrageous tweet or offensive comment.

Imagine what can be done now with all this free time! The media chronicled all of Trump’s missteps, both real and imagined, so breathlessly that people across the country whose interest in politics had always been cursory became convinced that the president’s tweeting represented actual tyranny. Yet, when I asked the Trump-afflicted in my circles to explain how his outrages directly harmed their daily lives, none could articulate a clear answer.

https://www.city-journal.org/is-trum...rder-incurable
I can confirm Trump is very deranged I met the Man in the Middle 90s when he was stalking Oprah.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 04:17 AM   #432
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
Yes there is, but it gets you expelled.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 06:50 AM   #433
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I don't trust the news media. I trust the process. I have faith that when an outlet gets it wrong, the rest will pounce and gleefully point out their error. The discussions among the different outlets after FOX and AP called Arizona early should be instructive here. The competition injects a good deal of peer review into the news cycle.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 07:13 AM   #434
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I don't trust the news media. I trust the process. I have faith that when an outlet gets it wrong, the rest will pounce and gleefully point out their error. The discussions among the different outlets after FOX and AP called Arizona early should be instructive here. The competition injects a good deal of peer review into the news cycle.
Exactly.
Old 16th November 2020, 07:25 AM   #435
eerok
Quixoticist

Yes. It's obvious that what Bubba calls "MSM" is simply evidence-based reporting. Also obviously, if his preferred news sources actually got things right and used a decent evidentiary approach, we'd have no problem with them. This is what polarization does to one's thinking -- it makes it impossible to see what's going on.

Trusting news sources means trusting that there's a process and there's accountability. For myself, I wouldn't say that I trust any news source in the sense of blind trust -- I provisionally accept what's reported by the sources that have proved themselves to be responsible and thereby reliable.

Bubba finds it easier to use a three-letter label to dismiss all common sense.

Last edited by eerok; 16th November 2020 at 07:27 AM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:03 AM   #436
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

1. Totally Agree
2. Why does this sound like the exact same "I trust science to work because of how it as a process is setup, I don't have blind religious faith in it." discussion we've had with Woo Slingers of all stripes, just with "science" swapped out for "news."

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:08 AM   #437
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

NVM

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 16th November 2020 at 08:13 AM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:44 AM   #438
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
NVM
I don't trust the NVM myself.
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:49 AM   #439
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I understand that the Trump administration is grifting from all these fraudulent voter fraud suits, but one has to wonder how much of this is humiliation-inspired. Trump can't stand it, from Obama owning him at the correspondent's dinner, to this election defeat at the hands of someone he clearly thinks inferior, he just can't stand it. He is so thin-skinned I think he sprays himself orange to add another layer or three.

ETA: The juicest thing is that when all the recounts are done, Trump will have lost the election twice. Oh the utter humiliation.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 16th November 2020 at 09:09 AM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 10:26 AM   #440
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz View Post
Wait, it isn't?

A standard exercise would be comparing the reportage on the same stories in different outlets.

As a note, true neutrality isn't possible. There inevitably is reporting bias. Resources are finite, so even AP and Reuters have to make choices about what to report, and what to ignore.

Great idea Halcyon Dayz !

For example, suppose the various networks ran the same editorial piece (verbatim) cautioning viewers about dangerous unreliable voices on the internet, (who happen to expose their fake narratives)??

What would that suggest??
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories