ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th May 2017, 07:17 AM   #81
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

You're right, sorry, not "disgusting", "disgraceful". Mea culpa.

"Disgraceful" murders that you believe people should be prosecuted for don't bother you "one iota". You're so not bothered by them that you call them "disgraceful" and call for the prosecution of the perpetrators.

And you still haven't actually explained what you believe the connection is between this incident and the "murder" in the original thread.
Old 12th May 2017, 07:27 AM   #82
baron
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
You're right, sorry, not "disgusting", "disgraceful". Mea culpa.

"Disgraceful" murders that you believe people should be prosecuted for don't bother you "one iota". You're so not bothered by them that you call them "disgraceful" and call for the prosecution of the perpetrators.
Why won't you answer the question? Yes, I said, "...shooting an unarmed citizen who poses no risk whilst running (or driving) away is disgraceful...". Then I said that in this case, if it had happened, I would not care on iota for the victim. You said this is an inconsistent position to take but appear unable to describe why.

And you still haven't actually explained what you believe the connection is between this incident and the "murder" in the original thread.
I've explained it. If you don't believe me that's your issue.
Old 12th May 2017, 07:55 AM   #83
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by baron View Post
Why won't you answer the question? Yes, I said, "...shooting an unarmed citizen who poses no risk whilst running (or driving) away is disgraceful...". Then I said that in this case, if it had happened, I would not care on iota for the victim. You said this is an inconsistent position to take but appear unable to describe why.
Because you're advocating for murder while condemning murder.

Quote:
I've explained it. If you don't believe me that's your issue.
I might believe you, were you to explain it. I've re-read the thread and have seen no such explanation. Perhaps I've missed it. Can you point me to the relevant post, please, like you did with your "hyperbole" post?
Old 12th May 2017, 08:04 AM   #84
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I don't understand why the woman who went swimming with her dogs isn't being charged with trespassing.
True. Most pools don't allow pets. Should have shot them, too.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2017, 08:38 AM   #85
baron
Illuminator

Because you're advocating for murder while condemning murder.
I see you've no interest in justifying your statement so I'll conclude your allegation was baseless.
Old 13th May 2017, 04:14 AM   #86
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I see you've no interest in justifying your statement so I'll conclude your allegation was baseless.
Ah, you're back to ignoring things that don't sit well with you, I see.

And you've still not explained how this incident is relevant to the shooting of an innocent black child.
Old 13th May 2017, 11:48 PM   #87
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

Originally Posted by Finster View Post
suggesting that they all deserve to be killed on site is pretty messed up.
Do you actually doubt that society would be improved?

I feel bad for this lady but she is chiefly a victim of egalitarian rhetoric. Most people would know that violence is the likely result of confronting a group of blacks and attempting to modify their behavior in any way.
"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." - Thomas Jefferson
Reality is going to force you to become me.
Skeptic Tank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2017, 12:03 AM   #88
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post

I feel bad for this lady but she is chiefly a victim of egalitarian rhetoric. Most people would know that violence is the likely result of confronting a group of blacks and attempting to modify their behavior in any way.
Gas them?
Old 14th May 2017, 05:11 AM   #89
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Gas them?
Well, some final solution, I'm sure.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2017, 09:28 AM   #90
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Had she drowned would it have been negligent homicide?
Could be second degree felony murder. First degree if the assault counted as "elder abuse".
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2017, 09:35 AM   #91
Mumbles
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Gas them?
Don't give him ideas.

In any case, even the perpetrator agrees that this was wrong. It's actually a nice switch from the "he deserved it" rhetoric we see far too often when some innocent black person gets murdered randomly.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2017, 05:24 PM   #92
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Oh yes how on Earth could society be worse if police had the power to go around shooting people they didn't like?

I suppose in your fantasy you will be the one deciding which groups of people deserve to get arbitrarily shot? I mean you might not like it if someone else had the job.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2017, 06:18 PM   #93
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Well, some final solution, I'm sure.
Sounds like someone there's plan!!! If you catch my drift and I think you do!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2017, 10:46 AM   #94
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
Oh yes how on Earth could society be worse if police had the power to go around shooting people they didn't like?

I suppose in your fantasy you will be the one deciding which groups of people deserve to get arbitrarily shot? I mean you might not like it if someone else had the job.
Pimps, con artists, drug sellers/producers (of the illegal persuasion), slavers, terrorists, active pedophiles, rapists, hackers (unless working for our government and with no evil functionings),dictators (foreign or domestic), politicians working against the best interests of their primary citizens (by number, not wealth level), Persons driving drunk or drugged by their own choosing/doings, bullies (on their second strike), murderers (absent a clear and acceptable reason such as the person they murder being provably in one of the noted groups). Oh, and psycho and sociopaths. Find them asap and eliminate them asap - if they have never acted on their -pathy and harmed others by same, nitrogen gas replacing normal air slowly in a nice calm room with an entertainment center. If they have harmed others, fire. I am sure I can come up with more.

Basically those who have no problem harming others for their own advancement, enrichment and/or pleasure.

As I am not any of the above, I feel it is a good and good to be acted upon list.

Wash this space!

Last edited by fuelair; 15th May 2017 at 10:47 AM.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 02:43 AM   #95
baron
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Pimps, con artists, drug sellers/producers (of the illegal persuasion), slavers, terrorists, active pedophiles, rapists, hackers (unless working for our government and with no evil functionings),dictators (foreign or domestic), politicians working against the best interests of their primary citizens (by number, not wealth level), Persons driving drunk or drugged by their own choosing/doings, bullies (on their second strike), murderers (absent a clear and acceptable reason such as the person they murder being provably in one of the noted groups). Oh, and psycho and sociopaths. Find them asap and eliminate them asap - if they have never acted on their -pathy and harmed others by same, nitrogen gas replacing normal air slowly in a nice calm room with an entertainment center. If they have harmed others, fire. I am sure I can come up with more.

Basically those who have no problem harming others for their own advancement, enrichment and/or pleasure.

As I am not any of the above, I feel it is a good and good to be acted upon list.
Animal abusers would be top of my list. I'd gladly wield the axe myself.
Old 18th May 2017, 07:15 AM   #96
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Had she drowned would it have been negligent homicide?
Drown in a clear pool with a hundred people watching the whole thing? Probably wouldn't happen but I suppose it's possible, and if so that charge might bring a conviction. But I would expect a prosecutor to bring a different charge because it isn't negligent per se. She was tossed in the pool with intent, but not for homicide or murder.
Old 19th May 2017, 05:43 PM   #97
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Animal abusers would be top of my list. I'd gladly wield the axe myself.
Agreed - it is of that class!!

Wash this space!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events