ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th August 2017, 01:36 PM   #1761
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Of course, crowds are hired for advertisng or as extras in movies. Of course everyone KNOWS they are being hired for an advert, or a movie and they are free to talk about it to anyone they choose, and the public know that its an advert or a movie, so the extras will be hired for the job.
Also, Afterwards, They must have gotten hit with the M.I.B mind eraser because Espee for all his cries of fake this and staged that has yet to produce one single solitary video, tweet or even small blurb from a hired person saying something like "Yeah that flying hoverboard that went viral, I was hired to attend that, It was staged...".

Additionally, Espee has been asked multiple times to go to any upcoming fly board demo and simply film all those hidden riggings, afaik, He has not done this.
---------------------------------------------
Studies conclude theists are the most immoral people on earth.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 02:58 PM   #1762
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
found any videos outside of the only two anywhere online yet?...
You mean apart from the multi-camera live outside broadcast, transmitted live on the main national TV channel by their public service broadcaster? That wasn't reliable enough for you?

You appreciate, I suppose, that what you're implying is that Rádio e Televisão de Portugal is part of your imagined conspiracy, and the teams and their thousands of fans saw what really happened yet are maintaining a quite remarkably disciplined silence and honestly that makes you sound more than a trifle crazy.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 03:27 PM   #1763
Garrison
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
You mean apart from the multi-camera live outside broadcast, transmitted live on the main national TV channel by their public service broadcaster? That wasn't reliable enough for you?

You appreciate, I suppose, that what you're implying is that Rádio e Televisão de Portugal is part of your imagined conspiracy, and the teams and their thousands of fans saw what really happened yet are maintaining a quite remarkably disciplined silence and honestly that makes you sound more than a trifle crazy.
Isn't that SOP for conspiracy theorists? The conspiracy progressively expands until everyone except them is in on it.
Old 14th August 2017, 03:55 PM   #1764
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
I explained exactly why there are two videos. I actually spent time and did research. Heck, I even found your wire service news photos you were convinced didn't exist. But sure, just plow through. Suppose you have no choice but to ignore facts.
of all the people on this thread, i hold your input in the highest regard.

do not be offended by my mannerisms, and my method of operations.

You have helped me more than anyone on this thread, and kept me thinking sober and restrained.

Plus you seem to be able to find things online, that for the life of me, i just cannot.

verified google master.

<bows>
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 03:57 PM   #1765
esspee
black goo

I see that the one I quoted is in your signature. My favorite is in mine.
Jay utah is very quotable.

i am not afraid to admit that.

and i will personally be sure to hold some of his quotes as my signature when i prove him wrong.

esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 03:58 PM   #1766
esspee
black goo

I guess you did not watch my video link about this whole farce then.

I mean, why watch a video of someone who is clearly wrong?

Last edited by esspee; 14th August 2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: lysdexia
Old 14th August 2017, 04:07 PM   #1767
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I guess you did not watch my video link about this whole farce then.

I mean, why watch a video of someone who is clearly wrong?
Correct. I didn't watch your video.

If it contained evidence that the 2017 Portuguese cup final didn't actually take place, do please let me know. Otherwise that seems to remain the elephant in the room.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 04:24 PM   #1768
esspee
black goo

Correct. I didn't watch your video.

If it contained evidence that the 2017 Portuguese cup final didn't actually take place, do please let me know. Otherwise that seems to remain the elephant in the room.
your logic is - the final took place, therefore the flight took place.

okay, if that makes you feel comfortable, then that is fine.

It must be comfortable.

"It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality."

I bet you hate jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwQ_zeRwEs

Last edited by esspee; 14th August 2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 14th August 2017, 05:03 PM   #1769
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

your logic is - the final took place, therefore the flight took place...
It's more than that. The final took place, and was televised, and the TV showed the flight take place, and there hasn't been a furore over fake video. So my logic is that these things rather constrain the reasonable possibilities of what actually happened.

The possibility that the game didn't happen at all this year and the whole video is fake I regard as ludicrous. I hope you do too. So that narrows it down to the video being real or some portion of fakery being inserted into the live TV feed without anyone pointing it out.

I note that the flying stunt attracted lots of attention around the world. But it did so as an interesting spectacle which genuinely happened unlike, just to take an obvious example, the opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympics. You may recall that the Chinese added some CGI fireworks effects https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_S...ated_fireworks just to make sure it looked good, but that fakery became the big story.

So I regard the possibility of 35,000 people, including the broadcaster who covered the event, deciding to conspire to keep their mouths shut about a faked video stunt as being absurdly unlikely, and I can't see how any reasonable person could conclude otherwise.
Old 14th August 2017, 05:04 PM   #1770
Garrison
Illuminator

your logic is - the final took place, therefore the flight took place.

okay, if that makes you feel comfortable, then that is fine.

It must be comfortable.

"It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality."

I bet you hate jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwQ_zeRwEs
You are simply, deliberately, missing the point. The final took place, so either the flight took place exactly as shown or you are proposing the entire crowd is playing along with the hoax, not to mention the TV broadcaster. if anyone is 'unburdened by reality' it would be yourself.
Old 14th August 2017, 07:31 PM   #1771
smartcooky
Philosopher

When Bill Clinton was porking Monica Lewinski, only the two of them knew about it... but guess what? Word still got out!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 08:19 PM   #1772
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

When Bill Clinton was porking Monica Lewinski, only the two of them knew about it... but guess what? Word still got out!
Two people may keep a secret, if one of them is dead.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories