IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 22 34.38%
No 28 43.75%
I don't know 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 03:48 PM   #2361
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You should pay the maximum price, everything you can give, but you don't want to do that. You have to take a human as it is.
Nope, one negotiates a fair price for whatever job. I do it all the time. As a matter of course. That's how it works.

Maybe it doesn't work that way in your current employ. Fine. Nothing stops you from seeking a different job if you are unsatisfied with your current employ. You will not accept that because you think there should be no employ at all. You think that merit has no value whatsoever.

Nowm, I have not had to rely on handouts throughout this pandemic. Why? Because what I do has value to people. Were they not paying me, I would have no reason to do it. Under your model, there would be no internet for you to spout your absurdities upon.

What you are really advocating for is a return to a hunter/gatherer lifestyle, where women die in childbirth for lack of medical facilities, disabled children are left to die, injured or sick people are left to fend for themselves, and so on.

What you are doing is preaching hate for life. Because you are in a rush to get to your imaginary second imaginary life in your imaginary heaven. That you imagine.

In all of this, the one thing you fail to do is present any evidence for this phantasm that you seem to believe in. It clearly is not the christian god of tradition, because you present no evidence that it is even real. None. You make stuff up, lie about the bibble, invent extra biblical nonsense out of whole cloth, the list goes on.

You even promote non-christian concepts.

On top of that, you seem to have no idea what your magic book says, since it appears that you have never read it.

Now, I cannot read your mind, nor anyone elses, but this does not seem to me to be a convincing argument for anything' "Because I say so" is not convincing at any level.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #2362
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

How we imagine our ambitions.....

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance