IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th November 2022, 08:44 AM   #1
mikegriffith1
Critical Thinker

Biden Forgot Walorski Had Died and Thought Congress "Passed" His Loan Forgiveness

At a press conference in late September, Biden called out for and looked for Rep. Jackie Walorski, who had died nearly two months earlier in a car crash. What makes this incident even more disturbing is that Biden issued a press release shortly after Walorski's death to extend his condolences and praise her bipartisanship. But less than two months later, Biden forgot all about it and thought she was still alive. Seriously, folks?

Then, in late October, Biden told a group of activists that he had gotten his student debt relief program "passed by a vote or two." The White House later claimed that Biden was referring to the Inflation Reduction Act (when will it start working, by the way?). But that's not what he said. Even CNN, of all sources, admitted that "Biden certainly did not make it clear in these comments that he was talking about anything other than the student debt initiative." He was clearly talking about his student debt executive order.

Biden is obviously suffering from serious cognitive decline, if not the onset of Alzheimer's. When you can't remember the death of a congresswoman whose death you publicly mourned six weeks earlier, and when you even call out and look for her in an audience and wonder out loud why she's not there, this is a sign of serious cognitive decline.

Could this be why Biden still refuses to take the same mental cognition test that Trump agreed to take (and that Trump passed with flying colors)?

Beyond being ammo for scoring political points, this is a serious issue for our governance and for the functioning of our government. Someone who is suffering from this degree of cognitive decline does not belong in the White House.
Old 6th November 2022, 08:50 AM   #2
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I agree that both of these flubs are a bit concerning. Biden is, in my opinion, past his cognitive prime.

But it never once led me to think that Trump is a clearer thinker or that he is more qualified for the presidency. One thing that Biden has not forgotten is that if you lose an election, it's over. That's kind of important to me.

So, sure, I'd prefer a different president than Biden. But if it comes down to Trump vs. Biden in 2024, I'm not voting for Trump just because he can remember "man, woman, camera, TV." In fact, the main difference between the two seems to be that Trump thinks a simple cognitive test is a matter of pride. I don't recall that he actually released his medical records regarding the test. He just bragged that he totally aced it.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2022, 09:57 AM   #3
sackett
Philosopher

As for Pres. Joe Whatsisname, he's been uttering whompers since mike1 had Squidward on his backpack. If we aren't used to it by now, we'd better have our heads azamined.

Or his bib or whatever.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2022, 11:14 AM   #4
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
At a press conference in late September, Biden called out for and looked for Rep. Jackie Walorski, who had died nearly two months earlier in a car crash. What makes this incident even more disturbing is that Biden issued a press release shortly after Walorski's death to extend his condolences and praise her bipartisanship. But less than two months later, Biden forgot all about it and thought she was still alive. Seriously, folks?
Are you sure Biden even knew of this person's death? Do you think presidents write their own press releases?

Then, in late October, Biden told a group of activists that he had gotten his student debt relief program "passed by a vote or two." The White House later claimed that Biden was referring to the Inflation Reduction Act (when will it start working, by the way?). But that's not what he said. Even CNN, of all sources, admitted that "Biden certainly did not make it clear in these comments that he was talking about anything other than the student debt initiative." He was clearly talking about his student debt executive order.
This has already been debunked.

Biden is obviously suffering from serious cognitive decline, if not the onset of Alzheimer's. When you can't remember the death of a congresswoman whose death you publicly mourned six weeks earlier, and when you even call out and look for her in an audience and wonder out loud why she's not there, this is a sign of serious cognitive decline.
There were airports during the revolutionary war.

Could this be why Biden still refuses to take the same mental cognition test that Trump agreed to take (and that Trump passed with flying colors)?
Has the test even been offered to Biden? C'mon, man.

Beyond being ammo for scoring political points, this is a serious issue for our governance and for the functioning of our government. Someone who is suffering from this degree of cognitive decline does not belong in the White House.
Did you write such a screed when Trump did far crazier things?

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2022, 11:32 AM   #5
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

You don't know that Biden "refuses" to do anything. If he has, or does take the test, he probably wouldn't brag about it like a three-year old who made his first potty.

Here's the BIG difference between Biden and Trump: I have faith that Biden could be convinced to step aside for the good of the country if he was in serious mental decline.
Can you imagine Trump doing so in a million years?

Last edited by TheGoldcountry; 6th November 2022 at 11:59 AM.
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2022, 11:48 AM   #6
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Which is worse, what Biden forgot or what Trump never even knew?
Old 6th November 2022, 12:42 PM   #7
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

You mean the "Person, woman, man, camera, TV" one he was boasting about? The one that is only given to people in the very late stages of various forms of dementia to see if they have any regular congnitive abilities left. Yeah, because after his interview with Marc Siegel, I don't think he was passing that one too easily.

Face facts here lad, Biden is far less cognitively impaired than Trump is, firstly because he had a lot more brain function to begin with, and secondly because he's not somewhere along the dementia line, unlike Trump.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 05:20 AM   #8
mikegriffith1
Critical Thinker

Reading the pro-Biden/anti-Trump replies in this thread, I guess the takeaway is that Democrats just literally do not care that Biden is clearly suffering from significant mental decline. They just don't care. He's a liberal Democrat, and that's all that matters to them. They don't care that he's refusing to take the same mental acuity test that Democrats demanded that Trump take while he was in office (FYI, Trump took the test, and passed it with flying colors).

But that's what happens when you become blindly partisan.
Old 11th November 2022, 05:27 AM   #9
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Reading the pro-Biden/anti-Trump replies in this thread, I guess the takeaway is that Democrats just literally do not care that Biden is clearly suffering from significant mental decline. They just don't care. He's a liberal Democrat, and that's all that matters to them. They don't care that he's refusing to take the same mental acuity test that Democrats demanded that Trump take while he was in office (FYI, Trump took the test, and passed it with flying colors).

But that's what happens when you become blindly partisan
Do you even hear yourself?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 05:30 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Do you even hear yourself?
And of course we have no verification of Trump's claim.
Old 11th November 2022, 06:41 AM   #11
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
And of course we have no verification of Trump's claim.
Which part of “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.” do you not understand?
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 12:24 PM   #12
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Reading the pro-Biden/anti-Trump replies in this thread, I guess the takeaway is that Democrats just literally do not care that Biden is clearly suffering from significant mental decline.
If it comes to a choice between a US president who is generally a pleasant chap who's suffering some expected decline in his mental faculties as he gets older, and a president who is a serial liar, openly criminal, a recidivist tax cheat, a malignant narcissist, and a rude, vengeful and obnoxious racist, I'll take the doddery old guy 24/7/365.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 01:45 PM   #13
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
If it comes to a choice between a US president who is generally a pleasant chap who's suffering some expected decline in his mental faculties as he gets older, and a president who is a serial liar, openly criminal, a recidivist tax cheat, a malignant narcissist, and a rude, vengeful and obnoxious racist, I'll take the doddery old guy 24/7/365.
THIS.
Biden was not my first choice because of his age, but compared to Trump,...no contest.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 11th November 2022 at 01:49 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 03:13 PM   #14
ahhell
Illuminator

But that's what happens when you become blindly partisan.
Nah, the clear take away is that it still beats the alternative. I generally think progressives are wrong about most things, they aren't wrong about that. Even when he was relatively sharp he was a fabulist and would likely be considered one of the worst liars to hold the office, well if he hadn't been preceded by Trump. Biden is clearly in cognitive decline and a liar, still better than Trump.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 03:49 PM   #15
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1;13941994.
He's a liberal Democrat, and that's all that matters to them . . .
. . . Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Liberal Democrat . . . put the pipe away.

Quote:
(FYI, Trump took the test, and passed it with flying colors).
Administered by Trump sycophant Ronny Jackson . . . Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Originally Posted by Donnie Depends
Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 11th November 2022, 03:54 PM   #16
sackett
Philosopher

24/7/366. Don't forget leap years.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2022, 03:30 PM   #17
sarge
Philosopher

Mod WarningPlease stick to the topic of the thread
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:sarge
Old 19th November 2022, 09:10 PM   #18
Warp12
King of Kings

Biden is in cognitive decline. So is Trump. Time to move on from both.

I sure hope that both parties field younger candidates for 2024. The Republicans have a good prospect, age-wise, in DeSantis. I don't know who the Dems have lined up.

Last edited by Warp12; 19th November 2022 at 09:18 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2022, 12:00 AM   #19
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Dem mascot would be better than DeSantis.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics